PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 Texas Rangers Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

CBT
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd offer Smoak/Beaven or Davis/Holland with some other lower A talent to round it out. Anything else would be too expensive. No trades involving Ogando, Perez, or Profar.

EDIT: I'd also offer up Salty if they'd take him.

Agreed on the untoachables. Someone mentioned that Ogando may be the future closer if Happy goes back to the rotation. I really don't want to see Holland pitching in our division for the foreseeable future. I'd do smoak/salty/beaven (or beltre). Having Lee at the front end would be huge down the stretch, plus 1,4,7 games in the playoffs. I had giving up that much of course.

edit: I'd rather it be Davis than Smoak.

In10se D
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
anyone think seattle would take smoak and salty for lee?

If they like getting raped

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
either way the cliff lee trade scares me. i would hate to part with martin perez and chris davis only to see them fist us for the next 10 years while we get a rental out of lee. if we weren't cash strapped and could sign lee to a 6yr $100m deal I'd do it all day long.

enjay
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
white sox just finished the sweep of the angels with a 1 - 0 pitcher's duel between danks and santanna.

i listened to the last 2.5 innings. the chisox radio guys are enjoyable to listen to.

Longhorn Al
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello 6 game lead

CBT
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I see Perez as untouchable also, but who knows for sure. Part, only a smart part I know, of the pain of Lee leaving at the end of the year would be helped by the two first round picks we'd get.

In10se D
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Agreed on the untoachables. Someone mentioned that Ogando may be the future closer if Happy goes back to the rotation. I really don't want to see Holland pitching in our division for the foreseeable future. I'd do smoak/salty/beaven (or beltre). Having Lee at the front end would be huge down the stretch, plus 1,4,7 games in the playoffs. I had giving up that much of course.

edit: I'd rather it be Davis than Smoak.

This isn't fantasy land. The Ms are going to require at least one player that will help them in the bigs immediately to go along with prospects for a front line starter like Lee. It'll have to be Ogando or Holland plus Smoke/Davis as the basis. They aren't taking 1st basemen who can't hit major league pitching along with a mentally fucked catcher who can't throw the ball to the mound as the big pieces for a legit #1 pitcher.

Ghost of LL
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I see Perez as untouchable also, but who knows for sure. Part, only a smart part I know, of the pain of Lee leaving at the end of the year would be helped by the two first round picks we'd get.
That's why I wouldn't mind parting with a guy like Scheppers or Ogando--their quality can be gotten back with the compensatory draft picks.

Love the four-game sweep of the Angels by the ChiSox. Next they start a series in Oakland, which could easily go the same way.

ludosc
07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
latest from Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/MLB-latest-news-from-July-070110)

One rival general manager believes the Rangers have become the favorite to land Cliff Lee.

In order to do that, they will likely need to part with Justin Smoak, currently their everyday first baseman. And sources say the Rangers’ reluctance to include Smoak in an offer for Lee is one of the biggest remaining barriers in their talks with the Mariners.

Seattle general manager Jack Zduriencik is said to covet Smoak, a switch hitter who is well suited for the Mariners’ home ballpark.

The Rangers’ ongoing sale — through a bankruptcy process — is a significant element in the trade dialogue, sources say. Lee has roughly $4 million left on his contract for this season, which is almost certainly too rich for the Rangers to afford right now. The Mariners can pay the remainder of Lee’s salary to facilitate a deal, but they will ask for better players as a result. Smoak is likely to be one of them.

If the Rangers deal Smoak, 23, they will need to find a new first baseman in the near term. Smoak is hitting .208 with eight home runs and 34 RBIs in 69 games this year. He has started virtually every game at first since debuting on April 23.

Smoak, however, has struggled to hit left-handed pitchers; entering Thursday, he had a .143 batting average against them.

The obvious internal replacement for Smoak would be Chris Davis, who was the Rangers’ everyday first baseman prior to Smoak’s call-up. Davis, 24, has played first and third base at Triple-A Oklahoma City and is leading the team with a .354 batting average.

Many in the industry believe that Smoak is a superior player to Davis, although Davis has been the more productive hitter in the major leagues and is a better defender. One rival executive even suggested the Rangers would be “crazy” to trade Smoak.

First base is a relatively easy position for teams to fill externally, and the Rangers could invest more money there once their sale is complete. But Smoak will be affordable for years to come, so the team may prefer to keep him and allocate future free agent dollars toward pitching.

-Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi

CBT
07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
I think Smoak and Holland is too much as a basis. One or the other plus Ogando/Scheppers or Beltre and Kirkman (or Erlin or Beaven) might get it done. As for Davis, it depends on how the M's interpret his mashing of AAA pitching plus his inconsistency in the bigs. I could easily see them insisting he bad the secondary piece of a trade for Lee. Same could be said for salty to an extent.

CBT
07-08-2010, 03:14 PM
That's why I wouldn't mind parting with a guy like Scheppers or Ogando--their quality can be gotten back with the compensatory draft picks.

Agreed, but it really hurts giving up a guy who has great stuff and already had success in the bigs (Ogando) and a guy who is right on the cusp of either being a potential 1 or 2 starter or good to great closer (Scheppers) for two supplmental picks.

Love the four-game sweep of the Angels by the ChiSox.

mfing this.

ludosc
07-08-2010, 03:29 PM
about fucking time we got something positive out of that danks trade...

Yuk-Monkey
07-08-2010, 03:40 PM
This isn't fantasy land. The Ms are going to require at least one player that will help them in the bigs immediately to go along with prospects for a front line starter like Lee. It'll have to be Ogando or Holland plus Smoke/Davis as the basis. They aren't taking 1st basemen who can't hit major league pitching along with a mentally fucked catcher who can't throw the ball to the mound as the big pieces for a legit #1 pitcher.

I don't think you're right. That's a legit blue chipper, a guy with good upside, and a catcher with some pop in his bat (which they've indicated they wanted). We don't know shit. And I doubt JD will deal Smoak. I really think Holland is the more likely candidate here. The M's GM is just stirring the pot. He's going to keep playing teams against each other until the trade deadline and take whichever offer is best.

Ghost of LL
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Many in the industry believe that Smoak is a superior player to Davis, although Davis has been the more productive hitter in the major leagues and is a better defender. One rival executive even suggested the Rangers would be “crazy” to trade Smoak.
People keep saying that Smoak is superior, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. His defense is demonstrably worse. Davis can play 3B should the need arise (and looking at Face these days, the need may arise sooner rather than later). He strikes out too damn much. That's the big problem with Davis. But it's not something that can't be overcome.

But regardless, a 1B should never be an impediment to doing this deal. First basemen are a dime a dozen, and we've got two AAA 1B's right now. Unfortunately, we're forced to start one in the majors.

CBT
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
From what I've read (rumors/speculating) Seattle's GM loves Smoak. So if they best other offer out there is Ramos (AAA-ML catcher) and Hicks (A ball OF) then I don't see how Smoak/Beaven/Beltre doesn't get it done. Of course, who knows what other offers are out there.

Ghost of LL
07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
He's going to keep playing teams against each other until the trade deadline and take whichever offer is best.
Or he could pull a J.P. Ricciardi and sit there with his thumb up his butt and not get any value for an ace pitcher he'll never be able to re-sign.

CBT
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
People keep saying that Smoak is superior, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. His defense is demonstrably worse. Davis can play 3B should the need arise (and looking at Face these days, the need may arise sooner rather than later). He strikes out too damn much. That's the big problem with Davis. But it's not something that can't be overcome.

But regardless, a 1B should never be an impediment to doing this deal. First basemen are a dime a dozen, and we've got two AAA 1B's right now. Unfortunately, we're forced to start one in the majors.

Evan Grant had an interesting take on Davis/Smoak in a recent mailbag.

Q: Chris Davis (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Chris_Davis) can hit .200. Didn't I recently see where he had the best batting and slugging percentage in June in all of minor league baseball? Move Justin Smoak back to OKC or forget the experiment and use him to get a front-line pitcher. Arias (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Joaquin_Arias) should be starting over Justin. He's too streaky.
Dick Barron
GRANT: Can Davis hit, Dick? He was hitting .188 when he was sent down this year and if you look at his career track record it's been heading in the wrong direction. It was .285 in 2008, that first half year he was in the majors when nobody really had a scouting report on him. It was .238 last year. That's a 47-point drop, followed by a 50-point drop. Definitely the wrong direction. And his OBP took similar drops, too.
The thing that killed Davis in the majors was his propensity to strike out and his inability to take walks. For his major league career, he averages a walk every 14.9 at-bats. He averages a strikeout every 2.9 at-bats. Those numbers are simply unacceptable.
Now, let's take a look at his minor league numbers. He's averaging a walk every 11.9 at-bats since going back to Oklahoma City (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Oklahoma_City) and a strikeout every 4.15 at-bats. Last year, after going back, he averaged a walk every 6.6 at-bats and a strikeout every 4.23 at-bats.
In both seasons he had impressive numbers at the plate, in terms of batting average and home runs. But at AAA, brute strength and raw power are more likely to have an impact than in the majors. In the majors, because pitchers are so much more refined, you have to be able to take walks when needed and can't strike out when at-bats, at the very least, require contact.
As bad as Justin Smoak has been going lately – and it has been very bad – he still has 38 walks and 54 strikeouts in the majors. That's a walk every 6.0 at-bats and a strikeout every 4.20 at-bats. While Smoak's overall production has been nothing to get excited about, his discipline makes him more likely to make necessary adjustments.
One final note: Batting Average on Balls in Play (BABIP) has become an indicator of whether a player's batting average has been inflated or pancaked due to luck. The According to BABIP, Smoak has been unlucky at the plate. His .242 BABIP is well below the league average of .302 and suggests he's lost some line drive hits to outs on great defensive plays. Davis' career BABIP is .336, while the league average during his career remains at .302.
From that, there are only two deductions to make: Smoak has more chance of improving his batting average and more ability to make adjustments even though his bad streaks may be uglier than Davis'. As good as Davis is in the field and as good as he can be at the plate, he's got to make adjustments if he wants to be a long-term option.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/rangers/stories/070810dnsporangletter.119f6f437.html

Yuk-Monkey
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

My fear with Davis is that his strikeout issue is caused by the fact that he can't hit a good fastball. That's not really an issue with Smoak. Smoak can crush the fastball, his issue is with breaking balls and changeups. That--in my opinion--is an easier problem to solve than expecting a guy to catch up with a MLB fastball.

enjay
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
about fucking time we got something positive out of that danks trade...

lulz

Soul Glo
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
atta fucking way, White Sox.

Win 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 against the Orioles and we could have a big fucking cushion for the 2nd half

Yuk-Monkey
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
atta fucking way, White Sox.

Win 3 of 4 or 4 of 4 against the Orioles and we could have a big fucking cushion for the 2nd half

Small ball or not, that is a dangerous team. If I'm the Minn or Detroit, I'm shitting my pants.

In10se D
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't think you're right. That's a legit blue chipper, a guy with good upside, and a catcher with some pop in his bat (which they've indicated they wanted). We don't know shit. And I doubt JD will deal Smoak. I really think Holland is the more likely candidate here. The M's GM is just stirring the pot. He's going to keep playing teams against each other until the trade deadline and take whichever offer is best.

If the Ms GM is that in love with Smoak then he could be the front line piece even though he hasn't shown that he can hit ML pitching. My thinking is Texas isn't the only team wanting Lee, so the Ms can chose to deal with the likes of NYY among others instead of taking a Davis/Salty/filler package. That's why I'm thinking Smoak will have to be a part of it and probably one of the pitching prospects. If there was a way to lock up Lee to a new contract Id be all for it, but it looks to be a half season rental and the only way it would be worth it is if you think Lee + Cobra + CJ as the 3 man playoff rotation with Hunter as the 4th pitcher can seriously challenge for a WS title this year.

The Eyes
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I would love a Davis/Salty/Holland for Lee for the aforementioned reasons. We need a Lee for the second half.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 05:01 PM
omg, look at how much fun they are having!

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6889/rangers07072010.jpg

Yeah, looks like Face is enjoying the shit out of that... Elvis is too fucking young to realize how fucking tired this is.

anyone think seattle would take smoak and salty for lee?

Did I miss the punchline?!

spystud13
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
We're screwed tonight (if we even play), cause my boy isn't starting...

Rangers manager Ron Washington has catcher Bengie Molina hitting sixth with Nelson Cruz seventh. Cruz has struggled lately and Washington said he sees a hitter whose timing isn't consistent. But he added that Cruz needs at-bats, not time off, so he's going to be in the lineup. Here it is for tonight:

SS Elvis Andrus
3B Michael Young
2B Ian Kinsler
DH Vladimir Guerrero
LF Josh Hamilton
C Bengie Molina
RF Nelson Cruz
1B Justin Smoak
CF Julio Borbon

DAGMAR
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
i guess nobody liked my cliff lee for ron washington offer.

I will chip in for the salary difference

u2-horn
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I liked the pie last night because they've been trying to get him all season, but he always tries to be aware of his surroundings.

Now, it should be retired.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
u2, you're on probation for that Danks thread...

ludosc
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
u2, you're on probation for that Danks thread...

while he did jinx it, danks still beat the angels...so ill cut him some slack this time...

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
we need the rain to stop. playing the orioles is a blessing. they are fucking terrible. we have the chance to push this lead to 7.5 games.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
we have the chance to push this lead to 7.5 games.

Tonight we can only get it to 6.5...

F18Mustang
07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Tommy Hunter has great stuff. I'll bet he throws a no-hitter or two in his career.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Fuck you Smoak, enjoy Seattle!!

Vic Mackey
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
*facepalm* @ Smoak.

F18Mustang
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM
The Orioles are Garbage. I feel sorry for them, playing in the AL East and all.

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Brad Wesley's son: "Daddy, who is that"?
Brad: That's Tommy Hunter.
Brad Wesley's son: "We call him Big Game don't we daddy"?
Brad: Fucking A right we call him Big Game.

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Tonight we can only get it to 6.5...

i know, i was thinking we could pick up an additional game this weekend.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't let your son know what we call some of our other guys!

spystud13
07-08-2010, 07:54 PM
I sure wish Hamilton could hit at home...

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I notice nobody fell out of the upper deck trying to catch Hamilton's homer

enjay
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
jesus tits, hamilton can knock the fuck off a ball.

DAGMAR
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
jesus tits, hamilton can knock the fuck off a ball.

This should be on a t-shirt

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Don't let your son know what we call some of our other guys!

ha ha

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Was that Jessica Simpson?

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Hello ladies....

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Vlad has just about had enough of the inside pitching from this loser

ludosc
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
its a good thing we have a solid hitter protecting hamilton in the lineup tonight...wait wut?

spystud13
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Do any of you realize how fucking difficult it is to hit into a 6-2-3 DP?!?!

Fuck, I hate Bengie!!!!!!

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Somebody is about to get buzzed

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
requesting permission to buzz the tower

Vic Mackey
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Well this is getting interesting.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Our bases loaded, no outs, Molina-special inning better not come back to fuck us!!

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 09:16 PM
never had a doubt

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:19 PM
maybe i should recant what i said about josh's hot streak being over.

skipperj
07-08-2010, 09:20 PM
So, I just found out that my Bluetooth that I use in the car (Blueant Q1) had a firmware update that allows it to be used as headphones. MLB.com app downloaded. Now I can sit on the couch with wifey to the left. Bluetooth in the right ear. Phone on the coffee table Listen to the Rangers and wife has no idea while she watches some ridiculous show on Bravo.

ludosc
07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
as of right now, hamilton is tied for the AL batting average lead...

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Can't bitch about that AB...

gsoda3
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
So, I just found out that my Bluetooth that I use in the car (Blueant Q1) had a firmware update that allows it to be used as headphones. MLB.com app downloaded. Now I can sit on the couch with wifey to the left. Bluetooth in the right ear. Phone on the coffee table Listen to the Rangers and wife has no idea while she watches some ridiculous show on Bravo.

that's awesome.

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
maybe i should recant what i said about josh's hot streak being over.

He is everything Gabe Kapler WASN'T, with the same body type

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I will however bitch strongly about Nellie's!!!!

cmwhookem
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Sick of watching the 2 automatic outs come up with RISP and blow it every inning. Can we possibly get a 1B somewhere in this organization that can hit. Havent we gone through Brad Whifferson, Chris Davis, and Justin Smoak long enough? Even though Nellie has been awful since coming back, Im willing to give him a pass given his performance when absolutely nobody on this team could hit (even Hamilton) in the early part of the year. However, watching Smoak is just getting absurd. Im sure he will be good one day, but we are in the middle of a pennant race....

Are we sure Pudge wasnt available instead of Molina for the same price, which was kinda steep IMO? Main has been good and has some potential to be really good and Ray has been great this year.

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
leadoff error on pretty boy andrus?

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
does molina do anything at a major league level anymore?

cmwhookem
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
this is looking ugly

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
We have 9 hits, 6 walks, benefited from 2 errors, & we only have 4 runs cause Bengie & Smoak suck...

Duck of Death
gametracker shows frank threw 5 consecutive change ups to wigginton. so stupid. if he doesn't have his fastball, he needs to be out of the game.

spystud13
does molina do anything at a major league level anymore?

No, but he cost us an '07 1st rounder!

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Jesus fuck Frankie!!!!

cmwhookem
FF hits the batter with an 0-2 fastball...wow

CBT
good god FF, 0-2 HBP with 1st and 3rd

ludosc
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
im really glad my cable is out right now...so i dont have to watch this inning...

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
oliver? conceding the tying run i guess. need Ks here.

PhatAtUT
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
wow, i feel really fucking bad for that poor kid having to move to that cesspool.

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
no Josh, the kid won't enjoy columbus...it's in ohio

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Are you fucking kidding me again?!?!

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
WTF you've got to be fucking kidding me

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
giving away runs....this is OLD RANGERS, I WANT MORE NEW RANGERS

enjay
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
this is embarrassing

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
dasawaybaseballgo

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Good god

cmwhookem
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM
F it

Saint Austin
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Holy shit, this is bad.

ludosc
jesus fucking christ...

to the fucking orioles...

Saint Austin
And is the bitch in blue on the phone waving starting to really piss off anyone else?

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey that guy pulled a Smoak...

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:49 PM
alright, nice pop up, now GIDP please

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
E, BB, and two HBP in one half inning are a good way to give up runs.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Noodle threw someone out!!

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
gay hit, but julio actually threw someone out

ludosc
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
gay hit, but julio actually threw someone out

and it wasnt benji molina...shocking...

CBT
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
nice glove by smoak and oday hustling to cover 1st. damage done, but it could've been worse I suppose.

Duck of Death
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
terrific job, bullpen.

Brad Wesley
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
this is pretty much textbook team with a 6 game lead playing the worst team inthe AL at home and getting an early 4-0 lead. this isn't FF's fault. we've had chances to shit on these guys but pissed it away. i am interested to see how they react.

UTinBigD
07-08-2010, 10:04 PM
hope we can come back. hate, hate, hate seeing BGH's work wasted.

Skipper
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
If we can't come back in the 9th this has to go down as the worst loss of the year. 4 Run lead, bases loaded and no outs and we get shit. Then 6 straight runs by one of the worst teams in baseball including that fucking disaster of an inning by our pitching. Just unbelievable.

spystud13
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Damn, that was a badass play by the 1B, think we got a break!

Quasimofo
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Wow. Tommy Hunter is back in the clubhouse putting 3 canned Cokes in a pillowcase about now...

Skipper
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Pathethic............

ludosc
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
why the fuck is murphy not hitting for molina????

spystud13
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
1-3 when Molina starts, 2-0 when Treanor does. I'm just saying...

Make that 1-4!

We're screwed tonight (if we even play), cause my boy isn't starting...

Uh huh...

Do any of you realize how fucking difficult it is to hit into a 6-2-3 DP?!?!

Fuck, I hate Bengie!!!!!!

Uh huh...

spystud13
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
why the fuck is murphy not hitting for molina????

That makes entirely too much sense!

Beau Vine
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
That top of the 8th was like watching my daughter's junior LL softball team.

:brckwall:

Genco
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Fuck you Tom Hicks.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas Rangers president Nolan Ryan acknowledged Thursday that his group, which includes Pittsburgh attorney Chuck Greenberg, might not end up owning the team. He added that he wasn't sure what he might do after this season should Houston businessman Jim Crane, who is trying to get back in the bidding, ends up owning the team.

"It's a good possibility that it might not happen," Ryan said about owning the team. "The way they've invited Crane back into the picture, they seem to be more concerned with him than anyone else."

Ryan said he isn't thinking about his future right now.

"My position is I'm going to be here through the end of the season this year and assess where everything is and go from there," Ryan said. "I'm not making any predictions. I'm not thinking anything past us getting a ruling of some nature or find out what the status is of where we all stand or if it goes to someone else."

The Ryan-Greenberg group's attempt to purchase the Rangers hit another stumbling block Thursday as a hearing scheduled for Friday was canceled. That came after the court-appointed chief restructuring officer filed a motion against the auction process he had agreed to earlier in the week.

In response to that, the Rangers removed their motion seeking approval for the process that would have concluded bidding on July 16. William Snyder, the CRO, still wants an auction but under revised rules. Ryan said there's a status conference in place of the hearing Friday.

"The frustrating thing is you don't know what direction this is going or what timeframe you're dealing with," Ryan said. "I think everybody associated with it would like to see some finality to it."

Ryan said he was pleased with how the team was playing but admitted that he wasn't able to enjoy it as much as he'd like because of the off-field ownership concerns.

"I'm going to continue to focus on us trying to win our division and get in the playoffs," Ryan said. "Our concern is to get there first before we start worrying about what happens after that. Like any other year in an ideal world, you want to try to improve where you can, but is that realistic? It's hard to predict because you don't know what's going to be available and what people would want for the player they have available that you think can't help you."

One player garnering interest, including from the Rangers, is Seattle Mariners left-handed pitcher Cliff Lee. Ryan said he wasn't sure what the demands were from Seattle for Lee and that as more teams got involved, the Mariners would have more options.

"We'll have to wait and see what might come up," Ryan said.

Would the Rangers have the financial ability to make such a deal with about $4.5 million left on Lee's 2010 contract?

"We'd have to sit down and look at it and see what the possibilities are and if we're capable of doing it or not," Ryan said. "[We'd look at] the timing on it, the financial requirements of it, but you'd have to wait until a deal is actually structured so you can evaluate where you are and what you're dealing with."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5365336

Vic Mackey
07-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Well this sucked major dick!

ludosc
07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
so...according to a post on newberg, which is quoting a post on orangebloods of all places, smoak was told after the game that he had been traded to Seattle...

take that with a grain of salt...

Duck of Death
07-09-2010, 03:33 AM
prolly straight up for willie bloomquist (does he still play there?) or we may have had to throw a pitching prospect in too.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:44 AM
From NY Post @ 5:24 am EST...

Seattle Mariners' ace Cliff Lee is on the verge of moving to the New York Yankees in a deal that would include top prospect Jesus Montero according to a report by Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Writes Sherman:

Yankees GM Brian Cashman and Seattle GM Jack Zduriencik have been in constant contact over the last week, but it was only last night that the Seattle GM told Yankee officials he wanted to move quickly, possibly before the All-Star break.

The Yanks were not assured of obtaining Lee since other clubs such as the Mets, Twins and Rangers were in talks. But the Yanks were definitely making the strongest move last night, coming from seeming disinterest into the clear front-runner and last night it seemed they were all but certain to obtain the 31-year-old lefty.

enjay
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
everybody tune in to espn on sunday night, 8pm EST to finally find out what the mariners will do with cliff lee in this week's "The Decision."

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 09:08 AM
From NY Post @ 5:24 am EST...

The Yanks were not assured of obtaining Lee since other clubs such as the Mets, Twins and Rangers were in talks. But the Yanks were definitely making the strongest move last night, coming from seeming disinterest into the clear front-runner and last night it seemed they were all but certain to obtain the 31-year-old lefty.

I'm calling Shenanigans! Don't pistol whip me, please.

We've already heard what the Twins are willing to give up. I think this deal is not as close to happening as ESPN thinks it is. ESPN is a mouthpiece for the Yankees, so the Yanks might think they've got a deal. I just don't see why you would deal him now when you can keep playing teams against each other up to the deadline. I think we have three more weeks to hear what teams are offering.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I think this deal is not as close to happening as ESPN thinks it is.

We're not talking LeBron here, so ESPN has barely bothered to get involved so far. Olney is actually a little less convinced than Sherman is...

The Seattle Mariners are pushing hard to complete a Cliff Lee trade, and the Yankees are closing in on a deal for the left-hander -- but as of Friday morning, there was no agreement in place, sources say, and it's possible another team could step in and make a more aggressive bid.

The Mariners have been talking with the Rays, Twins, Rangers, Reds and other teams, and news that the Yankees were on the verge of getting Lee -- first reported by the New York Post -- could spur one of the other teams to strengthen its offer.

All along, the Yankees have believed no other team matches up better than they would with Seattle in a Lee deal, because they are offering prospect Jesus Montero, who figures to have a long and productive career as a hitter regardless of whether he plays catcher or first base.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5366254

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 09:55 AM
We're not talking LeBron here, so ESPN has barely bothered to get involved so far. Olney is actually a little less convinced than Sherman is...

They are offering Jesus. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

CBT
07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
everybody tune in to espn on sunday night, 8pm EST to finally find out what the mariners will do with cliff lee in this week's "The Decision."

well done sir

I'm calling Shenanigans! Don't pistol whip me, please.

We've already heard what the Twins are willing to give up. I think this deal is not as close to happening as ESPN thinks it is. ESPN is a mouthpiece for the Yankees, so the Yanks might think they've got a deal. I just don't see why you would deal him now when you can keep playing teams against each other up to the deadline. I think we have three more weeks to hear what teams are offering.

Even if they are offering Montero, I think our package trumps it. I don't know what else the Yankees can offer.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Even if they are offering Montero, I think our package trumps it. I don't know what else the Yankees can offer.

We don't know exactly what our package is though...

David Adams, AA 2B, is also rumored to be part of NYY's deal. Apparently he is pretty highly coveted by Sea... http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=458691

spystud13
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
This isn't good, here's Olney's update:

A trade that would send Mariners left-hander Cliff Lee to the Yankees was "just about done" on Friday morning, according to an executive involved in the trade talks.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Out of Montero, Davis, Smoak, Holland, etc, I'd take Montero.

I think if the Yankees throw in Romine, the deal gets done. That also wipes out the Yankees' farm system, though.

And I'm still trying to figure out why the Yankees are so hot after Lee -- Pettitte, Sabathia, Hughes, Vazquez (who has been really good over his last 7 starts), Burnett... Which one of those guys gets dropped? Do you really put a guy making $17M this season into the long relief role?

spystud13
07-09-2010, 10:46 AM
The Yankees also like Double-A prospect Austin Romine and project him as a possible .275, 20-homer catcher. If they traded Montero, Romine would make the move easier for the organization to absorb.

Looks like he'll be staying.

Olney thinks Vazquez would be traded in the next 72 hours, possibly to Philly for Werth...

CBT
07-09-2010, 10:49 AM
possibly to Philly for Werth...

whaaaa? are the phils that high on the kid to replace him? (can't remember this name)

spystud13
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Dominic Brown... It's not so much they're that high on him right now, it's that Werth is a FA after this season & they have way too much $ tied up already to resign him.

CBT
07-09-2010, 10:51 AM
fuck the yankees

enjay
07-09-2010, 10:54 AM
fuck the yankees

fuck the yankees

fuck the yankees

fuck the yankees

fuck the yankees

deserves repeating.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Dominic Brown is ready to be a major leaguer now.

If the Yankees get Lee and pull off a Vazquez-Werth trade, you might as well cancel the rest of the season.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
fuck the yankees

Oh yeah, this too.

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Out of Montero, Davis, Smoak, Holland, etc, I'd take Montero.

I think if the Yankees throw in Romine, the deal gets done. That also wipes out the Yankees' farm system, though.

All MLB teams are the Yankees AAAA farm system.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Lee to us per Ken Rosenthal's Twitter now!!!!

gtown04
07-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Lee to us per Ken Rosenthal's Twitter now!!!!

I heard this on the way home on TheChicken, is this legit?

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Sherman says it's for Smoak & 3 others, not sure who yet...

Sparky
07-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Hearing Holland

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Sea kicks in $2.5 mil more...

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Press conference @ 5, we got reliever Mark Lowe from UTA also...

Brad Wesley
07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
holy shit holy shit holy shit

F18Mustang
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Yesssssss!!!!!!!1!!!111!!!!!!

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:26 PM
My fucking satellite is out cause of this fucking weather, horrible timing!!!! Still haven't heard whole deal...

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Possibly Salty too!

Brad Wesley
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
fuck you yankees fuck you yankees

suck it yankees and your cocksucking motherfucking bandwagon douchebag fans that can all fuck yourselves

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
TR Sullivan:

Rangers Double-A pitcher Blake Beavan will be part of the trade sending Mariners pitcher Cliff Lee to the Rangers.

Beavan is 10-5 with a 2.78 ERA in 110 innings for the Frisco Roughriders this season. He's given up 37 runs (34 of which were earned) on 100 hits with 12 walks and 68 strikeouts.

He was the Rangers' 2007 first-round draft pick with the 17th overall selection.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
No Holland, this looks like it!!

Rangers confirm: The prospects in deal are pitchers Blake Beavan, Josh Lueke and infielder Matthew Lawson.

Plus Smoak obviously!!

F18Mustang
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
No Holland, this looks like it!!

What a great trade (although Beavan leaving kind of sucks). Nolan getting it done.

u2-horn
07-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Lueke...wow

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/63225592.html

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
So basically Lee, Lowe, & $2.5 mil for Smoak, Beavan, Lueke, & Lawson!!!!

Jive Turkey
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Beavan has potential as a pitcher, but he's definitely realized his douche quality.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Nolan getting it done.

Incorrect, this is all on JD!!

Quasimofo
07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Very nice! Should be a great second half.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Lueke is a real peach:

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/48562782.html

Whoops, just saw u-2's link..

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- New information surfaced on the criminal case against Bakersfield Blaze baseball player Josh Lueke, who is charged with the rape of a Bakersfield woman.

In May 2008, the alleged victim attended a Blaze baseball game and then met with some of the players at a bar after the game.

Kern County Superior Court records show the woman willingly went to several bars with the players including Lueke, Clayton Hamilton and Kasey Kiker.

Court records show the woman admitted to drinking and parting with the players at at least three bars.

Kiker who is no longer with the Blaze, told police while drinking with the alleged victim they danced and kissed. Kiker told police the alleged victim kissed other men at the bar.

The woman eventually left the bar along with several of the players. She ended up in the apartment of players Hamilton and Lueke.

The woman told police she remembered vomiting into the toilet at the apartment. While doing so, the woman told police someone she could not identify who was standing at her side masturbating on her.

She said she passed out, and when she awoke at around 8:45 a.m., she told police she was lying on a couch with her pants down and other parts of clothing were missing.

She told police she felt violated and that she never agreed to have sex with anyone. Investigators later obtained DNA samples from semen found on the woman's jeans and white tank top and from an anal swab.

A report from the Kern County Crime Lab states, "Josh Lueke matches this DNA" from the anal swab, tank top strap and hair of the alleged victim.

The report states this about DNA taken from the alleged victim and Lueke: "The victim and Josh Lueke cannot be excluded as possible contributors."

Lueke remains in custody, charged with rape with bail set at $150,000.

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Bakersfield Blaze pitcher Josh Lueke (http://bakersfield.blaze.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=t423&t=p_pbp&pid=518961) was arrested in May and charged with raping an unconscious woman.

Lueke has now agreed to a plea bargain that will limit his prison time to 40 days.

In exchange for Lueke pleading no contest to false imprisonment with violence, the Kern County District Attorney's Office dropped one charge of rape of an unconscious victim and one count of rape of a drugged victim.

enjay
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
i'm excited

u2-horn
07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Lueke is a real peach:

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/48562782.html

She told police she felt violated and that she never agreed to have sex with anyone. Investigators later obtained DNA samples from semen found on the woman's jeans and white tank top and from an anal swab.

A report from the Kern County Crime Lab states, "Josh Lueke matches this DNA" from the anal swab, tank top strap and hair of the alleged victim.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Lowe is on the DL and out for the season.

That means he's officially a PTBNL, IIRC...

Ghost of LL
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
That is a really outstanding trade. Tremendous news for the Rangers.

Wash just said Lee will be scheduled to start tomorrow.

F18Mustang
07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Chris Davis will play 1B tonight.

Vic Mackey
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Over/Under on how many Davis strikeouts tonight.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Chris Davis will play 1B tonight.

Maybe not...

Chris Davis was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City in time for tonight's game with Justin Smoak going to Seattle.

Joaquin Arias is starting at first tonight.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Over/Under on how many Davis strikeouts tonight.

Who cares, we have Cliff f'ing Lee!! Bet Davis will get a runner home from 3rd with less than 2 outs more than Smoak did!

Vic Mackey
07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
So when is Lee's first scheduled start?

benson32
07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Lee will start Saturday night.

Wash said at the press conf that if Davis is "ready to play and he get here in time, then I put him in".

F18Mustang
So when is Lee's first scheduled start?

Tomorrow

spystud13
Tomorrow if everything works out right!

spystud13
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Wash said at the press conf that if Davis is "ready to play and he get here in time, then I put him in".

Somehow I picture him saying it exactly like that!!

Duck of Death
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Who cares, we have Cliff f'ing Lee!! Bet Davis will get a runner home from 3rd with less than 2 outs more than Smoak did!

thats a bad bet with his strikeout rate

spystud13
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
It can't possibly be worse... Smoak would just groundout or popup to 3B. Davis is at least a candidate for a sac fly.

Vic Mackey
07-09-2010, 05:57 PM
So is this basically a 1 time shot? Either we win it all this year or nothing? I'm sure he will move on next season.

Duck of Death
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
sportscenter still hasn't mentioned any team except the yankees when teasing the lee trade

Mr Bean
07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
fun to be a rangers fan right now. hopefully it can last a few years.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Tonight's tentative lineup:

Arias, SS
Young, 3B
Kinsler, 2B
Guerrero, DH
Hamilton, CF
Molina, C
Cruz, RF
Murphy, LF
Arias, 1B

Brad Wesley
07-09-2010, 06:13 PM

this. smoak fucking pissed away so many runs it wasn't funny. i really hope c davis gets his shit straight. hurdle can really earn his cash with davis.

Brad Wesley
07-09-2010, 06:13 PM
sportscenter still hasn't mentioned any team except the yankees when teasing the lee trade

fuck espn. it's a nonstory because it's the rangers.

CBT
07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Love. It. Love it. Love it.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
This sucks, we can't have a rainout tonight!

The Rangers just announced that rain is still in the area and that the earliest the game could start would be between 8 and 8:30 p.m., so we are officially in a rain delay.

But it sure looks like the wet weather isn't going anywhere. All they are saying is a rain delay of a minimum of one hour.

We'll keep you updated.

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Tonight's tentative lineup:

Arias, SS
Young, 3B
Kinsler, 2B
Guerrero, DH
Hamilton, CF
Molina, C
Cruz, RF
Murphy, LF
Arias, 1B

Arias is going to have a busy night. I could see Wash actually turning that lineup in.

Soul Glo
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
un fucking real. so fucking excited. get ready to see what a fucking ace looks like.

5 years from now, Smoak may be a much better player than Davis. Maybe not. Go for it while you can. way to go rangers. whip your dick out and see what happens. maybe the world series ends up sucking it

CBT
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
So is this basically a 1 time shot? Either we win it all this year or nothing? I'm sure he will move on next season.

Wat. If Lee does leave then we are "left" with basically the same team who currently has a 5 game lead at the ASB. Plus the farm is still stacked and adds two first round picks. That's hardly "nothing."

Soul Glo
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM
the 2 first rounders makes this unbelievably good.

I'd rather have a shot at Lee re-signing and 15 starts, with 2 firsts as a backdrop than betting on whether Beavan and the others would ever contribute. Hell, I'm just hyped that the Rangers are going for it. I'll never fault a team for that.

Think of how much more excited you are right now than you were 5 hours ago. Good fucking job Rangers

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Wat. If Lee does leave then we are "left" with basically the same team who currently has a 5 game lead at the ASB. Plus the farm is still stacked and adds two first round picks. That's hardly "nothing."

Yeah, and our 2012-2013 starting rotation could look like this: Feliz (if he can develop breaking/offspeed), Holland, Perez, Scheppers, Hunter with Ogando as closer <-- pretty fucking nice!

hitbyatrain
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
pouring rain. goddammit. let's get this show on the road.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Yankees all butthurt:

Yankees officials went to bed Thursday believing a deal had been finalized with the Mariners for Lee, pending acceptance of the physical reports on Yankees prospects Jesus Montero, David Adams (http://www.nypost.com/t/David_Adams)and Zach McAllister.
However, late Friday morning, the Mariners expressed concern about Adams, a Double-A second baseman currently on the disabled list with a high ankle sprain. The Mariners asked the Yankees to substitute Single-A righty Adam Warren. The Yankees agreed. But after more time elapsed, Seattle came back and also asked for touted shortstop prospect Eduardo Nunez.
The Yankees had balked at Seattle’s demands for Montero and Nunez weeks ago, and told the Mariners "No" again. At this point, the Yankees figured Seattle was simply stalling because it had another option, which turned out to be accurate.
The Rangers initially refused to include prized first baseman Justin Smoak, but with the Yankees on the verge of obtaining Lee, Texas blinked.
"This is a player we desired and we threw different things around and yes there was a point this morning through the conversations, this is the player we want, and they said, 'OK,’ ’’ Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik said.
The Mariners accepted a package of Smoak and three other prospects for Lee and reliever Mark Lowe with Seattle agreeing to pay $2.25 million of Lee’s approximately $4 million remaining salary for the cash-strapped Rangers.
“The Yankees do not do business that way,” an angered Yankees official said of the Mariners agreeing to a deal but backing out before it could be finalized. “When we say something is a deal, it is a deal. Yes, this is frustrating and disappointing.”
Lee was scheduled to pitch for the Mariners against the Yankees tonight.
The turnaround completed a whirlwind 24 hours in which the Yankees went from believing they were merely bystanders on Lee to nearly adding him to their first-place team. Yankees officials were called midday Thursday and told they were the frontrunner because they were willing to include Montero, and Seattle was valuing a top-flight hitting prospect over all else.
What the Yankees did not know is that the Mariners valued Smoak over Montero. Seattle officials were hopeful the Yankees being on the brink of this acquisition would get the Rangers to blink, and Texas indeed did that, which elated the Mariners and infuriated the Yankees.
“I don’t think 30 GMs would agree that what the Mariners did was real ethical,” another Yankees official said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/yankees_get_cliff_lee_in_trade_with_jBr2qMDmubCgVs SlLAOdpL#ixzz0tEVOu (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/yankees_get_cliff_lee_in_trade_with_jBr2qMDmubCgVs SlLAOdpL#ixzz0tEVOueZo)

F18Mustang
As of 7pm...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7237/gftghr.png

hitbyatrain
oh good, coach is on

hitbyatrain
07-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Yankees all butthurt:

fuck the yankees

Skipper
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Definitely going to try to make the game tomorrow night to see Cliff's first start. Was planning on heading out there tonight but this rain doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon.

Soul Glo
07-09-2010, 07:05 PM
suck a dick, Yankees

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Yankees all butthurt:

Fuck you, Yankee motherfuckers!!!

hitbyatrain
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
they can't even play a different fucking episode of coach?

CBT
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
fuck the yankees

Again

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
“I don’t think 30 GMs would agree that what the Mariners did was real ethical,” another Yankees official said.

They need to file a complaint.

http://doodoolicious.com/img/butthurt-report-form.jpg

Soul Glo
07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah I don't think many people are going to side with the Yanks in butthurt vs. MLB 2010

Quasimofo
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Kind of funny when the Yankees are complaining about a sense of fairness

Vic Mackey
07-09-2010, 07:27 PM

Yeah you are right. I am just hoping this is more than a 3 month stint. What are the chances he will resign with us?

ludosc
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Kind of funny when the Yankees are complaining about a sense of fairness

no fucking shit...if they want things to be fair, let's take away the YES Network from them...

CBT
07-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Dp34

CBT
07-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Underrated part of this trade is that it's only July 9th, not the 31st. By trading Lee this early, the Ms thought that a better deal couldn't be had closer to the deadline. We get 4 "extra" starts this way, which could be crucial.

I'm assuming that Beavan = $2.5mm since Main = $2mm. If this whole bankruptcy mess were sorted out, Beavan isn't even included.

CBT
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah you are right. I am just hoping this is more than a 3 month stint. What are the chances he will resign with us?

I think Nolan and JD did this trade thinking there was a very slim chance Lee is a Ranger next year.

grapedrink
07-09-2010, 07:43 PM
So did the Rangers lose smoak in the cliff lee deal?

Genco
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
What annoyed me this afternoon was whoever that "unnamed GM" was that implied the Rangers shouldn't be allowed to add $1.5M in payroll. How many starts will Cliff Lee make in Arlington? 8?

How many additional fans will he bring to each of his home starts? 10,000? How much will each of those fans spend for tickets, parking, and concessions? $30 each? That works out to $2.4M.

Assuming $30 / fan, Lee only needs to deliver an additional 50,000 fans to pay for the additional salary. I'm certain he can do that.

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
So most importantly, who gets #36? CJ or Cliff?

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Per Newberg twitter, (http://twitter.com/newbergreport)
"Mood in clubhouse best I have ever seen. club beyond pumped. Pulling this off w/out losing Scheppers/Perez/Holland insane."

CBT
07-09-2010, 08:33 PM
"unnamed GM"
that.

odds that it was butthurt cashman?

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 08:40 PM
any chance they play tonight?

ludosc
07-09-2010, 08:44 PM
any chance they play tonight?

they just said 9:30 on the radio...

u2-horn
07-09-2010, 08:48 PM

About the same as LeBron signing with the Mavs.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
About the same as LeBron signing with the Mavs.

http://letterstorob.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/a_chance-jpeg.jpg

Ranger_Red
07-09-2010, 08:50 PM
any further info on a possible start time?

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
any further info on a possible start time?

You mean since six minutes ago?

u2-horn
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
So most importantly, who gets #36? CJ or Cliff?

Lee wore 34 in Philly and 34 and 31 in Cleveland.

CJ will keep 36. Don't think Lee will get 34. I'll guess 31.

u2-horn
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Love that the Rangers didn't have to give up any of their top 5 pitchers. Smoak could be a monster, but hitters are always easier to find than aces.

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Lee wore 34 in Philly and 34 and 31 in Cleveland.

CJ will keep 36. Don't think Lee will get 34. I'll guess 31.

He'd be taking his new boss's # if he wears 31. Maddux wears 31, I think.

Ranger_Red
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
completely missed the 9:30 time. Forgot to refresh.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Maddux played for 10 teams and wore 7 different numbers, so I think Lee will get 31 if he wants it.

(Maddux wore 51 with 4 different teams.)

Genco
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Love that the Rangers didn't have to give up any of their top 5 pitchers. Smoak could be a monster, but hitters are always easier to find than aces.

Are you including Feliz in the top 5? If not, I'm having a complete brain fart on #5. Perez, Scheppers, Ogando, Holland. If not Feliz or Beavan, who's #5?

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
will tonight's game be on tv in austin?

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Are you including Feliz in the top 5? If not, I'm having a complete brain fart on #5. Perez, Scheppers, Ogando, Holland. If not Feliz or Beavan, who's #5?

Hunter?

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
MLB.com feed says we're online for baseball (they are taking air) at 9:27pm. Batter up!

ludosc
07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
the roster lists Lee as wearing #33

CBT
07-09-2010, 09:08 PM
will tonight's game be on tv in austin?

This. Just drove down for the weekend. I remember all the astro-Austin discussions but I just kindof glazed over it. Any info would be appreciated.

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
ok, found it. 1525, KBVO.

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
MLB.com feed says we're online for baseball (they are taking air) at 9:27pm. Batter up!

It's on that horrible freaking standard def channel 51 on Directv that looks like someone slapped wax paper over your screen. :mad2:

Beau Vine
07-09-2010, 09:26 PM
It's on that horrible freaking standard def channel 51 on Directv that looks like someone slapped wax paper over your screen. :mad2:

What are the odds that this piece of shit channel decides to drop the game so that they can show WWE Smackdown instead?

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
top 2 now. no score.

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice dig, Arias. Chris Davis please.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice 4-run 3rd, thanks largely to a 3-run missile from Vlad!!

Duck of Death
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
looks like michael young hit 7 or 8 HR when i wasn't looking to get up to 12.

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 11:05 PM
for a ground ball pitcher, feldman sure gets a lot of pitches hit into the air.

F18Mustang
07-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Its happening AGAIN.

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
is anyone else watching this in austin? the commercials are terrrrrrrrible.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Come on Chris, fucking lose one!!

gsoda3
07-09-2010, 11:28 PM
wow, what a reception for chris davis.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
That's okay, moved the runner to 3rd...

spystud13
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
And Elvis neglected to get him home!

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
That was a good AB by Davis. I'll take 7 pitches and move the runner over. We suck at getting runners in, though. Fuck.

Skipper
07-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Ol Bengie really wears me out.

spystud13
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
^^^ You think?!

Assuming everyone gets healthy, who is our 5th starter? Feldman, Harden, or Holland? Doubt we've ever had that problem before...

spystud13
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Not again bullpen!!!!

Yuk-Monkey
07-09-2010, 11:58 PM
This fucking sucks. Another HBP.

crackamacgowski
07-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Most innings logged. Hmmm...

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Holy shit, I can't make fun of Face there!!!!

Yuk-Monkey
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Wow. Unbelievable play by MY. And going to his left.

Yuk-Monkey
07-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Angels win in 10.

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Please score at least one here!!

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
See, Davis did what Smoak wouldn't have!!

Beau Vine
07-10-2010, 12:18 AM
is anyone else watching this in austin? the commercials are terrrrrrrrible.

Turrible. Never seen that high-pitched singing pet commercial. Hope to never again...

Yuk-Monkey
07-10-2010, 12:24 AM
If we win, MY won this game for us.

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Let's not get carried away, that play wasn't that great... Most ML 3Bs make it, we're just not used to him doing it!

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
I'd say Vlad & Feldman had a little more to do with it (if Feliz doesn't blow it!)...

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Why is it never easy?!?!

Skipper
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Seriously?

spystud13
07-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Finish this!!

tjhooker
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
that is what perez do