+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 259 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Penn St. coach indicted on 40 abuse charges

Hey $#@!stick. You're defending a man accused of raping children. Everyone is entitled to a lawyer, but you don't have to $#@!in' smile on the way out of court.

you have to be completely delusional to support JoePa. he clearly was neglectful of the matter and should have more pressure to step down.

asshat Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Mitch Cumsteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    Gary Schultz...where have I heard that name before?

Oh yeah...
    The Gary Shultz Child Care Center. Unfuckinbelievable.

It's shocking and disgusting and horrifying enough that Sandusky did what he did, but the fact that he was doing it under the guise of helping kids when the whole thing was a setup for him to prey on those very same kids is just unimaginable. And then Shultz buries the charges while getting a Child Care Center named after him? How many more kids were abused and lives ruined because this $#@!stick didn't do his job? The $#@!ing hypocrisy of it all is incomprehensible.

asshat honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atllonghorn View Post
    @AP: BREAKING NEWS: Penn State board says Curley, Schultz stepping down after allegations of sex abuse scandal, cover-up.
    Paterno should be next. He knew what was going on and let it keep going. Saying the guy was retired is bull$#@!; he was continually involved in the program to the present day, including camps on Penn State campuses and tagging along to bowl games festivities, among other things.

This may be a stupid question, but does the NCAA have any role in sanctioning PSU for this? I would think PSU should fry for this, not just the specific coaches, etc.

Wow, it looks like our game against Penn St. this weekend might be Joe Paterno's last home game as head coach of PSU. This whole thing is pretty disturbing. I really feel for all the kids affected, this is just $#@!ing sick.

asshat Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick's Avatar
    Several red flags in all of this, but for me, how can charges of the type discussed not lead to anybody in the either the athletic office or the office of the President warrant a call to in-house legal council?

To the lawyers on this board, what possible motive - other than being told they would have to report this to the cops immediately - could these people have to not engage legal council? I thought the entire purpose of having lawyers was so that you could get advice from them when the roof caves in, either literally or metaphorically.

asshat honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn is a rep whore. honolulu horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick View Post
    Several red flags in all of this, but for me, how can charges of the type discussed not lead to anybody in the either the athletic office or the office of the President warrant a call to in-house legal council?

To the lawyers on this board, what possible motive - other than being told they would have to report this to the cops immediately - could these people have to not engage legal council? I thought the entire purpose of having lawyers was so that you could get advice from them when the roof caves in, either literally or metaphorically.
    You hope in some respects that lawyer's weren't called, but with all of the people in power that seemed to know what was going on, perhaps the lawyers were either not contacted purposely or their advice was ignored.

Last edited by honolulu horn; 11-07-2011 at 12:32 AM.

asshat Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honolulu horn View Post
    You hope in some respects that lawyer's weren't called, but with all of the people in power that seemed to know what was going on, perhaps the lawyers were either not contacted purposely or their advice was ignored.
    Why would you hope that lawyers were not called? What would they have said that would have been problematic for the people in question? It seems that they would want to create a paper trail that showed that they were acting on the advice (even it it was poor) of legal council so at least they have a story to tell the jury when the cover-up becomes known.

But maybe I am missing something and if that is the case, I would like to know what.

asshat The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes's Avatar
    Seriously, you guys don't realize how Penn St. fans are up here. They are almost all in agreeance that Paterno did the right thing. No mother $#@!ers, he didn't. He was told that his DC was raping little boys and he did whatever it took to keep the incident under wraps. He wasn't fooled or shocked...just a piece of $#@!. I can't even imagine what other deplorable things Paterno has concealed to protect his image.

asshat evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. evil horn's Avatar
    joe pa slept his legacy

Quote Originally Posted by longhornricky View Post
    Not to derail the well deserved rage on this thread with a little levity, but the reviews and comments on Amazon are pretty classy.

By Jay Paterno
    I have been a supporter of the program for many years. Without a doubt, nobody has touched me as Jerry Sandusky did.
    J. McGann says:
    Looks like a bogus review to me. Amazon should verify that the reviewer is who he claims to be.

asshat crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick View Post
    Why would you hope that lawyers were not called? What would they have said that would have been problematic for the people in question? It seems that they would want to create a paper trail that showed that they were acting on the advice (even it it was poor) of legal council so at least they have a story to tell the jury when the cover-up becomes known.

But maybe I am missing something and if that is the case, I would like to know what.
    I think he is saying that for the lawyers' sake, he hopes it was because they were not contacted at all and not because it was the the lawyers themselves who advised these $#@!sticks to sweep it under the rug. Otherwise, the lawyers would be complicit, too.

Sandusky was already retired at the time of the rape Joe Pa was told about. I think that makes it even more fishy to me honestly.

"Hey, remember that DC we had that retired years ago? Yeah, well he was in the showers with a 10 year old Friday. Again."

asshat BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BrazilHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Joe Pa's comments thus far are ridiculous. By not seeking to clarify the GA's story and by not at least involving campus security he has lost any credibility in this matter.

I hope all involved see a jail cell for a long time. Unreal. Scumbags.

Banned groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard. groverat slams and goes hard.
    This is what happens when an entire campus becomes obsessed not only with a sport, but with a single man. Cult of personality in effect.

fucktard Buzz Kill is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Buzz Kill's Avatar
    This was going to start at some point so why not now:

Old Freak Nasty > Sandusky

Tebow > Sandusky

Shaggy OOTP Commissioner Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry's Avatar
    Penn State to the Big East?

asshat Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian's Avatar
    Lead on NPR this morning

bunghole Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat.'s Avatar
    Every child harmed in the last 9 years is on Joe Pa, The AD, and The graduate assistant who got promoted to WR coach. $#@! them all, I wish there was a way to send them all to prison. I don't think stepping down is nearly enough of a punishment for letting this go on.

Banned Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen
    Surprised nothing leaked when he went 26-33 in 2000-2004 to get him out of there.

asshat Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian grows his own roses Yossarian's Avatar
    There are no legitimate excuses for JoPa or the graduate assistant. So they reported this to their immediate higher up. This was 9 years ago. I don't care if he retired or you thought you did the right thing. If years pass after you report this and you don't hear of or see an arrest made, you need to take it on yourself to go to the cops. $#@! everyone involved.

fucktard guy smiley is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch $#@!steen View Post
    The Gary Shultz Child Care Center. Unfuckinbelievable.

It's shocking and disgusting and horrifying enough that Sandusky did what he did, but the fact that he was doing it under the guise of helping kids when the whole thing was a setup for him to prey on those very same kids is just unimaginable. And then Shultz buries the charges while getting a Child Care Center named after him? How many more kids were abused and lives ruined because this $#@!stick didn't do his job? The $#@!ing hypocrisy of it all is incomprehensible.
    it's a small thing in the grand scheme of this horrific story, but my son goes to the schultz center and parents are already organizing to demand the removal of his name from the building. not sure what the process is, but plenty of people are irate about it.

and while it is true that there are apologists here, there is certainly a strong (and growing) contingent that believes they should all go. the president's response to this has been unacceptable, with his initial instinct to voice support for his administrators. no leadership, just attempts to shift blame by everyone involved.

Spencer Hall sums up the situation perfectly:

The law only covers so much. Morality covers the rest. I tend to be very permissive with the definition of morality, but there are a few things that are non-negotiables. Your person is sacrosanct. Your property should be safe. Your basic rights should be guaranteed.

At the bare minimum, a child being raped by anyone should be reported to the police. This might make me a feather-headed idealist, but it seems like the least you can do for your fellow citizen. Consensus may be hard to come by in our nation, but this seems like something we can agree on as a people. If you see a child being raped, you should call the police.

This kind of bold thinking may seem obvious to some. It was not to more than one person at Penn State, people who assumed that the university had some kind of other law that overlapped with Jerry Sandusky law, and with Paterno law, or whatever other pseudo-legality they thought kept them from calling the police and saying, "I think we have a child molester working in and around our program."

And yet no one said anything. If everyone at Penn State is okay with this, then the heads stop rolling here. If you're not, then you demand the resignations of everyone involved. This includes Joe Paterno, who knew, but then abandoned his moral responsibility to the cold dictates of the org chart.
    http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...sex-abuse-case

asshat neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44's Avatar
    Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I was the WR coach who stumbled upon a child being molested. I'm not just going to report it to my superior, I'm going to immediately beat the $#@! out of the guy and stop said act from continuing, then I will call the police who will high five me as they take his lifeless body away in handcuffs.

asshat crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn grows his own roses crimsonlonghorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I was the WR coach who stumbled upon a child being molested. I'm not just going to report it to my superior, I'm going to immediately beat the $#@! out of the guy and stop said act from continuing, then I will call the police who will high five me as they take his lifeless body away in handcuffs.
    I said something similar upthread. What the $#@! goes through your mind if you see a large old dude pounding a TEN YEAR OLD in the shower and you just grimace and turn around and walk out? Confront the dude. Tell him to stop. Start beating on him until he does. Get a chair. Get a brick. Make him stop. Then raise as much $#@!ing stink about it as you can. Go to the cops. Go to the press. What the hell is wrong with that dude that he just let it happen in front of him like that?

bunghole Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. slams and goes hard. Run. Pass. Score. Repeat.'s Avatar
    I think it is curious that this happened when he was a graduate assistant. Afterwards he stays with the program, and get promoted to WR coach.

Like I said... He could have saved kids from this abuse had he handled the situation. Him, Joe Pa, and The AD should all go to jail. Stepping down isn't nearly enough punishment for ignoring what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    I think it is similar to other cultures in which there is a higher power, pun intended, that the group answers to. In football, the head coach and team dynamic can lead to this type of abuse cover-up. Paterno is a god in HV. A report to him is akin to telling the authorities. That is a powerful position JoePa is in and even more reason for his culpability. Everyone in these situations cares more about the team or the institution more than the victims.

asshat phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn's Avatar
    What I can't comprehend is how anyone involved in any way (Joe Pa, the grad asst., anyone else who even heard of the story 3rdhand) could rest until they personally followed up until something specific was done.

I love Joe, but "I did my part by telling so and so" then just dismissed it over "more important football concerns" is just $#@!ing weak.

Maybe if it were a very vague accusation I could, but if I heard my asst. coach was assraping a kid in my facility's shower, I'd personally not rest until I knew firsthand, specifically, that somethng was done. This wasn't some remote relation to JoePa, it was his $#@!ing present/former DC.

Why weren't the parties involved personally, aggressively interested in follow-up?

$#@!ing football culture, sometimes I wanna puke.

The only explanation for JoePa's lack of followthrough I could possibly buy is if he were misled by PSU adminsitrators and/or law enforcement authorities as to the status of the investigation.

asshat Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member's Avatar
    just curious: besides the disgusting and horrendous unlawful $#@! this was, did Penn St. break any violations that would warrant a NCAA investigation? what type of violation?

Shaggy OOTP Commissioner Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry's Avatar
    Idiotic to think Paterno isn't culpable. The graduate assistant that reported Sandusky to Paterno is now a full time coach on staff. So what does that mean?

a. Paterno knew Sandusky did it and hired the assistant because his reporting of the matter was the correct thing to do and/or to keep things quiet.

or

b. Paterno believed that Sandusky did not do it and hired the assistant even though he thought the assistant maliciously and falsely accused his long-time defensive coordinator of child rape.

Which is more plausible?

Something tells me NCAA investigation/sanctions or not, Penn state is going to be horrible on the field for a while after this. What parent wants their kid wants to go to Pederass State University? This looks like a big time coverup that is going to get really ugly. No athlete is going to want to associate with that $#@!.

asshat Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Grippe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. View Post
    Something tells me NCAA investigation/sanctions or not, Penn state is going to be horrible on the field for a while after this. What parent wants their kid wants to go to Pederass State University? This looks like a big time coverup that is going to get really ugly. No athlete is going to want to associate with that $#@!.
    This is solid assessment - parents of H.S. players are going to have a LOT of questions about this issue and will strongly influence their kids to other schools.

asshat mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2's Avatar
    showin' naked ass in the great state of Texas
    man, this is $#@!ed up beyond all $#@! ups. recruiting, paying for players, all that $#@! aint nothing compared to this, fry those $#@!ers.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Lead on NPR this morning
    Dammit, I wanted the lead to be College Gameday in Palo Alto for the first time ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Run. Pass. Score. Repeat. View Post
    I think it is curious that this happened when he was a graduate assistant. Afterwards he stays with the program, and get promoted to WR coach.
    This.

Job, status, Big 10 paycheck. All for a mere vow of silence.

asshat ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ProphetLoss is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwood CC Member View Post
    just curious: besides the disgusting and horrendous unlawful $#@! this was, did Penn St. break any violations that would warrant a NCAA investigation? what type of violation?
    Who cares about the NCAA? I want everyone, Paterno included, in pound-you-in-the-ass prison, not scholarships taken away.

asshat WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex's Avatar
    the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire
    Interesting thought beginning to circulate is that Sandusky knows where the bodies are buried* and he wasn't turned in in exchange for his silence

* this is a metaphorical reference to cheating; I feel the need to clarify given that few of us would have imagined 48 hrs ago that a metaphorical reference to pederasty could actually be true

asshat Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette Shaggy Gold Club Bevoette's Avatar
    What REALLY pisses me off is one of the people that reported this years ago to Joe Pa is now a coach for the team! what the hell? you SEE this happening in a shower and you just run to tell Joe Pa? you didn't run up to stop it and call the cops? OMG! this is $#@!ing sad! and then for Joe Pa not to report it to cops? wow just f'in wow!

asshat The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    Interesting thought beginning to circulate is that Sandusky knows where the bodies are buried* and he wasn't turned in in exchange for his silence

* this is a metaphorical reference to cheating; I feel the need to clarify given that few of us would have imagined 48 hrs ago that a metaphorical reference to pederasty could actually be true
    so what you're trying to say is that keeping it real is about to go wrong?

asshat Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Player Preferred's Avatar
    What a sorry excuse for an administration. Prison is too good for Sandusky. He should get the same treatment that Nokes got from John and Tommy in Sleepers.

asshat WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevoette View Post
    What REALLY pisses me off is one of the people that reported this years ago to Joe Pa is now a coach for the team! what the hell? you SEE this happening in a shower and you just run to tell Joe Pa? you didn't run up to stop it and call the cops? OMG! this is $#@!ing sad! and then for Joe Pa not to report it to cops? wow just f'in wow!
    Someone else already mentioned the cult of personality thing. I think within football programs, coaches are counseled to keep it within the program until they can't. Example-- a GA hears or sees direct evidence of criminal behavior (petty theft or underage drinking), but the player doesn't get arrested/etc; that's kept in the program and they make him run his ass off as punishment, but the whole thing's kept quiet. But at some point, your personal moral code has to dictate that mentality to be null and void-- in this case, it's just incomprehensible that he wouldn't attack the rapist and call the cops once the kid was safe.
    Last edited by WhoooTex; 11-07-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eyes View Post
    so what you're trying to say is that keeping it real is about to go wrong?
    Ha. I personally do not buy the Sandusky Silence line of thinking. I think the idea that Penn State could be cheating on a level that could get them in enough trouble to hush up something like this AND enable the guy to keep doing it is really unlikely.

Not that I have any better idea as to what would motivate these people to act this way. Sandusky's act, and the cover up, both go on the pile of things that are so inhumane and inexcusable that I struggle to understand how rational human beings were involved.
    Last edited by WhoooTex; 11-07-2011 at 10:43 AM.

I'm a PhD student at Penn State and have been a season ticket holder in the last few years. To say this is shocking to the university and community is a gross understatement. Besides the outrage over Sandusky and what appears to be a coverup between Curley and Schulze, the chief concern is what Joe was told by McQueary. Was it explicit? Or was it "I saw something horrible-who do I tell?" Joe's statement last night indicated it was the latter, but most people are uncomfortable taking that at face value. McQueary's actions are going to be under a microscope the next few weeks.

What does seem clear is that McQueary WAS explicit with the AD about what he saw, and that at some point Curley started calling it "horseplay" instead of child rape. This is evidently what the university president was told. There is also a rumor that Joe DID ask what was going on and was told the incident was being investigated and that the proper steps were being taken.

People are disappointed in Joe--including myself--but mostly horrified about the AD and Schulze and even more confused about the university leadership's "unconditional" support for these two $#@!ers. It just does not stand up considering the scathing Grand Jury indictment. A lot of phone calls from students, alumni, and community members appears to have forced a resignation from Curley and Schulze, but everyone is still pissed that they were not removed or fired.

Joe has done more for PSU than any football coach has ever done for his school. I have always understood him to be a class act and above the ugliness that comes with NCAA competition. But even his most ardent supporters are shaken by this. It's just a horrible, disgusting, $#@!ed up mess.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post

Even my cynical ass cannot believe that people would knowingly let child rape get brushed under the rug to avoid NCAA penalties. If that turns out to be the case, and they can prove it, burn that whole $#@! to the ground in Happy Valley.

I hope Penn State goes completely Medieval on all involved including their president and JoPa.
    Last edited by Ruffian; 11-07-2011 at 10:53 AM.

I'm on the fence until m13K jumps in to explain.

Yuppie Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20's Avatar

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Just hours after stepping down, two high-ranking Penn State administrators face arraignment Monday on charges they lied to a grand jury investigating former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and failed to properly report suspected child abuse by the ex-football coach.

Late Sunday, after an emergency meeting of the board of trustees, university President Graham Spanier announced that Athletic Director Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, the school's senior vice president for business and finance, would be leaving their posts.

Curley requested to be placed on administrative leave so he could devote time to his defense, and Schultz will be going back into retirement, Spanier said. Both men have maintained they are innocent of any wrongdoing in connection with the probe into whether Sandusky sexually abused eight boys -- preteens and young teenagers -- over a 15-year period.

State Attorney General Linda Kelly and state police Commissioner Frank Noonan were expected to hold a 1 p.m. Monday news conference about the case a few miles from the Harrisburg court where Curley and Schultz will be arraigned. The proceeding is scheduled for immediately after that.

Sandusky was arrested Saturday on charges that he preyed on boys he met through The Second Mile, a charity he founded for at-risk youths. The charity said in a statement Sunday that Sandusky has had no involvement with its programs involving children since 2008, when Sandusky told the foundation that he was being investigated on child-sex allegations.

The case has rocked State College, a campus town routinely ranked among America's best places to live and nicknamed Happy Valley. Under head football coach Joe Paterno -- who testified before the grand jury and isn't considered a suspect -- the teams were revered both for winning games, including two national championships, and largely steering clear of trouble.

In a statement issued Sunday, Paterno called the charges shocking.

"The fact that someone we thought we knew might have harmed young people to this extent is deeply troubling," he said. "If this is true we were all fooled, along with scores of professionals trained in such things, and we grieve for the victims and their families. They are in our prayers."

Sandusky, whose defenses were usually anchored by tough-guy linebackers, spent three decades at the school. The charges against him cover the period from 1994 to 2009.

Sandusky retired in 1999 but continued to use the school's facilities. University officials said Sunday they were moving to ban him from campus in the wake of the charges.

Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for the state attorney general's office, told the Associated Press on Sunday that it was premature to discuss whether Paterno might testify at trial.

"That's putting the cart way ahead of the horse," he said. "We're certainly not going to be discussing the lineup of potential witnesses."

The allegations against Sandusky, who started The Second Mile in 1977, range from sexual advances to touching to oral and anal sex. The young men testified before a state grand jury that they were in their early teens when some of the abuse occurred; there is evidence even younger children may have been victimized.

Sandusky's attorney Joe Amendola said his client has been aware of the accusations for about three years and has maintained his innocence.

"He's shaky, as you can expect," Amendola told WJAC-TV. "Being 67 years old, never having faced criminal charges in his life and having the distinguished career that he's had, these are very serious allegations."

Sandusky is charged with multiple counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of a child, indecent assault and unlawful contact with a minor, as well as single counts of aggravated indecent assault and attempted indecent assault.

One accuser, now 27, testified that Sandusky initiated contact with a "soap battle" in the shower that led to multiple instances of involuntary sexual intercourse and indecent assault at Sandusky's hands, the grand jury report said.

He said he traveled to charity functions and Penn State games with Sandusky. But when the boy resisted his advances, Sandusky threatened to send him home from the 1999 Alamo Bowl, the report said.

Sandusky also gave him clothes, shoes, a snowboard, golf clubs, hockey gear and football jerseys, and even guaranteed that he could walk on to the football team, the grand jury said. He testified that Sandusky once gave him $50 to buy marijuana, drove him to purchase it and then drove him home as the boy smoked the drug.

The first case to come to light was a boy who met Sandusky when he was 11 or 12, and physical contact began during his overnight stays at Sandusky's house, the grand jury said. Eventually, the boy's mother reported the sexual assault allegations to his high school, and Sandusky was banned from the child's school district in Clinton County. That triggered the state investigation that culminated in charges Saturday.

But the report also alleges much earlier instances of abuse and details failed efforts to stop it by some who became aware of what was happening.

Another child, known only as a boy about 11 to 13, was seen by a janitor pinned against a wall while Sandusky performed oral sex on him in fall 2000, the grand jury said.

And in 2002, Kelly said, a graduate assistant saw Sandusky sexually assault a naked boy, estimated to be about 10 years old, in a team locker room shower. The grad student and his father reported what he saw to Paterno, who immediately told Curley, prosecutors said.

The two school administrators fielded the complaint from the graduate assistant and from Paterno. Two people familiar with the investigation confirmed the identity of the graduate assistant as Mike McQueary, now the team's wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator. The two spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the names in the grand jury report haven't been publicly released.

McQueary's father, John, said his son was out of town on a recruiting trip Sunday, and he declined to comment about the case or say whether they were the two named in the grand jury report.

"I know it's online, and I know it's available," John McQueary told the AP. "I have gone out of my way not to read it for a number of reasons."

Curley and Schultz met with the graduate assistant about a week and a half after the attack was reported, Kelly said.

"Despite a powerful eyewitness statement about the sexual assault of a child, this incident was not reported to any law enforcement or child protective agency, as required by Pennsylvania law," Kelly said.

There's no indication that anyone at school attempted to find the boy or follow up with the witness, she said.

Schultz's lawyer, Thomas J. Farrell, told The Associated Press on Sunday that the mandated reporting rules only apply to people who come into direct contact with children. He also said the statute of limitations for the summary offense with which Schultz is charged is two years, so it expired in 2004.

The grand jury report that lays out the accusations against the men cites the state's Child Protective Services Law, which requires immediate reporting by doctors, nurses, school administrators, teachers, day care workers, police and others.

Neither Schultz nor Curley appear to have had direct contact with the boys Sandusky is accused of abusing.

The law "applies only to children under the care and supervision of the organization for which he works, and that's Penn State, it's not The Second Mile," Farrell said of his client. "This child, from what we know, was a Second Mile child."

Messages left later Sunday seeking comment from Frederiksen with the attorney general's office, and from Curley's lawyer, Caroline Roberto, weren't immediately returned. Farrell said it was accurate to say the allegations against Curley are legally flawed in the same manner.

Farrell said he plans to seek dismissal at the earliest opportunity. "Now, tomorrow is probably not the appropriate time," Farrell said Sunday. "We'll bring every legal challenge that is appropriate, and I think quite a few are appropriate."

As a summary offense, failure to report suspected child abuse carries up to three months in jail and a $200 fine.

"As far as my research shows, there has never been a reported criminal decision under this statute, and the civil decisions go our way," he said.

Curley and Schultz also are accused of perjury for their testimony to the grand jury that issued a 23-page report on the matter Friday, the day before state prosecutors charged them. Sandusky was arrested Saturday and charged with 40 criminal counts.

Curley denied that the assistant had reported anything of a sexual nature, calling it "merely `horsing around,"' the grand jury report said. But he also testified that he barred Sandusky from bringing children onto campus and that he advised Spanier, the school president, of the matter.

The grand jury said Curley was lying, Kelly said, adding that it also deemed portions of Schultz's testimony not to be credible.

Schultz told the jurors he also knew of a 1998 investigation involving sexually inappropriate behavior by Sandusky with a boy in the showers the football team used.

But despite his job overseeing campus police, he never reported the 2002 allegations to any authorities, "never sought or received a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002," the jurors wrote. "No one from the university did so."

Farrell said Schultz "should have been required only to report it to his supervisor, which he did."

Schultz reports to Spanier, who testified before the grand jury that Schultz and Curley came to him with a report that a staff member was uncomfortable because he'd seen Sandusky "horsing around" with a boy. Spanier wasn't charged.

About the perjury charge, Farrell said: "We're going to have a lot of issues with that, both factual and legal. I think there's a very strong defense here."

The university is paying legal costs for Curley and Schultz because the allegations against them concern how they fulfilled their responsibilities as employees, spokeswoman Lisa Powers said.
    http://iphone.cbssports.com/

Posted from my cellular device.

asshat 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5 Shaggy Gold Club 4th and 5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Not to get all serious business, but for those of you calling him a homo...stop. He's a pedophile, not a homo. They have about as much in common as a reputable university and OU do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawesome View Post
    Can you elaborate on this?

Sucking on a $#@!, young or old, is pretty much a homosexual act. Can he not be a gay pedo?
    Or a married woman?

Quote Originally Posted by LHB_SOB View Post
    at some point Curley started calling it "horseplay" instead of child rape
    tomato, toMAHto

+ Reply to Thread