+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 General Hoops Discussion Meta-thread

asshat js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN
    I approve of this game

asshat Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fat Joe left Atlantic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    no one gives a $#@!?
    I've been watching

asshat John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan is a rep whore. John Coctostan's Avatar
    I definitely give a $#@!. Although I was watching the Hoyas come back from 17 down to beat Marquette. Now can I have a Texas win and a Syracuse loss, plz?

asshat Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06's Avatar
    I refrained from discussing the Duke game so as not to jinx Temple. Now that I may, it is safe to say Baby Jesus smiles when Duke loses.

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Heel06 View Post
    I refrained from discussing the Duke game so as not to jinx Temple. Now that I may, it is safe to say Baby Jesus smiles when Duke loses.
    Yeah our Temple win looks a little better now

asshat BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed's Avatar
    HNK on the old site. Nebraska fan till death. Team Jack Supporter. Win Every Day.
    Cue naked_bongo's anti Duke rant en tres, dos, uno....

asshat Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06's Avatar
    Hey Donny, what happened to Coach K in 1994, again?

Coach K teaser on SportsCenter following loss to Temple:

Press: "Did you see a night like this coming?"
    Coach K: "If I had seen a night like this coming, I would have faked an illness."

You can't make this $#@! up. Better call up Pete Gaudet.
    Last edited by Heel06; 01-05-2012 at 12:59 AM.

asshat STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny's Avatar
    Hey Donny, what happened to Coach K in 1994, again?

Coach K teaser on SportsCenter following loss to Temple:

Press: "Did you see a night like this coming?"
    Coach K: "If I had seen a night like this coming, I would have faked an illness."

You can't make this $#@! up. Better call up Pete Gaudet.
    That was (unintentionally) hilarious. The game, not so much.

I'm starting to manage my expectations for this team. Watching Austin rivers just makes me wish for one more year with Kyrie Irving. sigh...

ACC starts this weekend. Go to hell, Carolina.
    Last edited by STFU Donny; 01-06-2012 at 07:21 AM.

asshat bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore.
    you long for those whole 8 games Irving played?

asshat STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny's Avatar
    I long for what might have been. Irving was ready for the nba the first time he stepped on the court. Rivers might be a good nba player someday... Hell, he might end up better than Irving... But right now, he's a hothead with huge potential who keeps picking up his dribble on the wing! Argh.

Irving would be my choice no question. Seems like a team player, good kid, incredibly composed and cool under pressure, and in his limited appearances showed glimpses of the ability to take over a game. Rivers is a $#@!y brat (no offense Donny, but he really is), and gets rattled so easily plus he seems really cold and unlikeable not just because he plays for Duke. Rivers may pull a Harrison Barnes 2010-11 and explode when he gets some ACC games under his belt, but there's something personality wise about him (granted it is from my very biased POV) that just seems off. When Kyrie was hurt, he was going crazy on the sidelines with his teammates, cheering them on, doing everything to stay upbeat despite not getting to really show folks what he was all about. You could just tell he was going crazy to get out on the court. Now Irving can go jump off a cliff because he's a dookie, but he's actually one of the more likeable dookies in a while. Probably because he didn't really play much haha. Rivers seems like he spends too much time in his head - I don't know why - but he doesn't seem to be "one of the guys" on that bench. Granted, I got to watch a whole season of how Irving handled his situation, and I've only seen a handful of Duke games this year, so I could be really off about Rivers. I'll defer to Donny to see if he agrees with me at all.

C'mon, GTech !

I don't usually put too much stock in personalities, because some of the greatest athletes are colossal douchebags (Hi MJ), but Rivers' body language is terrible when things aren't going well. He's really good at the stuff that gets you on ESPN (crossing guys over, leading a break, etc.) but very mediocre at stuff that really counts (like picking up his $#@!ing dribble and missing free throws, like he just did against Tech).

What I mainly miss about Irving is that it was obvious from the first time he stepped on the court that he could start for an NBA team right then. Effortless scoring and passing. Duke would have been a prohibitive favorite to win the title last year if Irving had stayed healthy.

Rivers has a lot of talent but will definitely need to grow up and learn the game better. For a coach's kid, he doesn't play smart like a coach's kid a lot of times.

And how the $#@! are we barely beating Tech?
    Last edited by STFU Donny; 01-07-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Tech blowing it on the FT line. Missed their last 4 attempts.
    Last edited by Underdog; 01-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Perfect example just now. GaTech down 6 and needs a 3, inbound to Rivers' man (Glen Rice Jr.) and instead of just playing solid D and contesting the shot without fouling, Rivers goes for the steal and leaves Rice with a wide-open 3. Not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by STFU Donny View Post
    And how the $#@! are we barely beating Tech?
    Hope i don't jinx it for our games this season, and I'm not trying to be rude for the sake of it, but Duke simply isn't as good as advertised this season. Their ranking is a gift based on reputation rather than how good they actually are. I think they're still the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league if they start to come together and develop, but I am not so confident in that and think you're in for some ugly losses during ACC play.

Hope i don't jinx it for our games this season, and I'm not trying to be rude for the sake of it, but Duke simply isn't as good as advertised this season. Their ranking is a gift based on reputation rather than how good they actually are. I think they're still the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league if they start to come together and develop, but I am not so confident in that and think you're in for some ugly losses during ACC play.
    Well I for one never saw Duke as a serious national championship contender this season. They don't have the "it" that you see in Final Four teams, I don't think. Should still be a Sweet 16 team though. We'll see.

But there's no excuse for playing even with $#@!ing TECH, even on the road.

UNC shouldn't lose to anyone this year, but Roy apparently can't convince your guys that defense, you know, matters. That's why they're going to get upset a few times by vastly inferior teams who hang around and then get hot late.

UNC shouldn't lose to anyone this year, but Roy apparently can't convince your guys that defense, you know, matters. That's why they're going to get upset a few times by vastly inferior teams who hang around and then get hot late.
    Shouldn't lose to anyone? Wow. The 2009 UNC team that is one of the best of the last 25+ years lost its first two ACC games. Roy's teams historically take much longer to develop their defense over the course of a season than their offense. That's because Roy wants to be the fastest team in the nation and overwhelm the opposing defense by getting so far ahead of them in transition, they're simply exhausted and we win via superior firepower. In a lot of ways this team is forced to play more halfcourt sets because even though Marshall gets some unbelievable passes in transition, he isn't the prototypical super quick high scoring guard that has been the key to Roy's success. We're still averaging a lot of points a game, granted they were against cupcakes.

I absolutely agree we're going to get upset a couple of times.

asshat H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX's Avatar
    Irving would be my choice no question. Seems like a team player, good kid, incredibly composed and cool under pressure, and in his limited appearances showed glimpses of the ability to take over a game. Rivers is a $#@!y brat (no offense Donny, but he really is), and gets rattled so easily plus he seems really cold and unlikeable not just because he plays for Duke. Rivers may pull a Harrison Barnes 2010-11 and explode when he gets some ACC games under his belt, but there's something personality wise about him (granted it is from my very biased POV) that just seems off. When Kyrie was hurt, he was going crazy on the sidelines with his teammates, cheering them on, doing everything to stay upbeat despite not getting to really show folks what he was all about. You could just tell he was going crazy to get out on the court. Now Irving can go jump off a cliff because he's a dookie, but he's actually one of the more likeable dookies in a while. Probably because he didn't really play much haha. Rivers seems like he spends too much time in his head - I don't know why - but he doesn't seem to be "one of the guys" on that bench. Granted, I got to watch a whole season of how Irving handled his situation, and I've only seen a handful of Duke games this year, so I could be really off about Rivers. I'll defer to Donny to see if he agrees with me at all.
    Cleveland is so much better this year, no more stagnant offense, a real threat to win against most teams now.

By the way, Donny, Mike Gminski does the regional ACC network games on TV, and he is one of the worst-dressed people I've ever seen. He dresses like a slightly worse Bill Lumbergh. Stuck in the 90s.

Holy $#@!, I just went to google images to look for a pic of Gminski wearing his standard attire so you could see what I meant, and on the first page of results, there's a pic of Lumbergh. LOL. I'm not the only one whose noticed.

G and Brando do/did a solid job on the ACC broadcasts for FS.

Duke should have a soft spot in my heart for what they did to Digger and ND back in 78.

Dude for Murray St. 6-6 3 pt. FGs in the first 10 minutes of the 1st half. Some unreal shooting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    G and Brando do/did a solid job on the ACC broadcasts for FS.
    They still do. Gminski just kills me because every time I see him I think of Lumbergh. I hate to admit it, but two of the very best in the business are G-man and Bilas. Bilas has earned a complete pardon for being a Dukie, too. You have no clue how difficult that was to accept. Grant Hill is the only other Dukie who belongs to that club.

They still do. Gminski just kills me because every time I see him I think of Lumbergh. I hate to admit it, but two of the very best in the business are G-man and Bilas. Bilas has earned a complete pardon for being a Dukie, too. You have no clue how difficult that was to accept. Grant Hill is the only other Dukie who belongs to that club.
    Wasn't sure if they still did the broadcasts. I've been seeing ESPN promoting Sunday Night ACC games, thought Fox wasn't doing them anymore.

Hurley seems to be a good guy also. Met him in St. Louis for the 1st/2nd Rd. back in 2002. Was teasing him about being a brave soul with all of us UK fans around after that 92 game. He reminded me about the KU fans as well. Totally forgot about Duke beating KU the prior season in the Finals.

Shouldn't lose to anyone? Wow. The 2009 UNC team that is one of the best of the last 25+ years lost its first two ACC games. Roy's teams historically take much longer to develop their defense over the course of a season than their offense. That's because Roy wants to be the fastest team in the nation and overwhelm the opposing defense by getting so far ahead of them in transition, they're simply exhausted and we win via superior firepower. In a lot of ways this team is forced to play more halfcourt sets because even though Marshall gets some unbelievable passes in transition, he isn't the prototypical super quick high scoring guard that has been the key to Roy's success. We're still averaging a lot of points a game, granted they were against cupcakes.

I absolutely agree we're going to get upset a couple of times.
    I was exaggerating a little bit. Obviously no one's going to run the table in the ACC, even though the ACC doesn't seem all that great this year. I'm just thinking that if I were a Carolina fan (God forbid), I would be pretty pissed at the lazy defense the Heels play. But they will overwhelm most with all that talent.

Who could forget the Gminski white man/afro-mullet he was rocking when he was playing? He's always had quite a style. Quite horrible.

I can see the Lumbergh comparison, but he really reminds me of Will Ferrell in costume for an SNL skit.

Bilas is a superb analyst and I wish they'd $#@!can Vitale and pair Bilas with Dan Shulman.

I look forward to the Maui just for the McDonough/Raftery/Bilas trio. They piss basketball excellence. The only thing I hate about March Madness and the Tourney (aside from the ulcer I get from stress) is having to listen to Clark Kellogg and his god-awful catch-phrases he beats to death.

asshat BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed's Avatar
    HNK on the old site. Nebraska fan till death. Team Jack Supporter. Win Every Day.
    I look forward to the Maui just for the McDonough/Raftery/Bilas trio. They piss basketball excellence. The only thing I hate about March Madness and the Tourney (aside from the ulcer I get from stress) is having to listen to Clark Kellogg and his god-awful catch-phrases he beats to death.
    And no more Gus Johnson in March. That blows too.

I wish Gus could call every single sporting event imaginable.

I was exaggerating a little bit. Obviously no one's going to run the table in the ACC, even though the ACC doesn't seem all that great this year. I'm just thinking that if I were a Carolina fan (God forbid), I would be pretty pissed at the lazy defense the Heels play. But they will overwhelm most with all that talent.
    Again, I don't see it as lazy, but I can see why others may. It's one that's designed to outplay the percentages on the perimeter, avoiding drawing us out, so we can collapse back into the lane more easily for the rebound advantage and a hopeful leakout by a breakaway scorer or at least stretch us out ahead of the opposing defense for the secondary break. It seems to me the defense he teaches is more of a component of the offense than its own distinct entity that is complementary to the offense of the game. I don't know if that makes sense to you. That's just Roy's style. To be fair to him - granted we're coming off a string of cupcakes, but so is pretty much everyone else - Pomeroy has our AdjD at 11 and AdjO at 6 (our D was 6 last year and O 38, which is the opposite of a "Roy Williams" UNC team - 2009 was D 16/ O 1 - 2005 was D 5 / O 1). I don't know how much stock you put into Pomeroy, but I thought I would throw that in there. I do wish Roy would spend more than the one practice or less he probably spends working on zone so it could be a legitimate option when we're getting burned on man (especially on the perimeter) and our offense isn't clicking with the efficiency we need to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBigRed View Post
    And no more Gus Johnson in March. That blows too.
    \

I know. Tragedy, IMO.

asshat Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac's Avatar
    They won't get much national hype unless they go on a major tear in Big East play, but don't sleep on WVU. Even though they are a VERY young team with 7 freshmen and sophmore's, they are very capable of beating anyone in the country. The losses are misleading as the Mountaineers lost on the road to a solid Mississippi State, A very hot Seton Hall team on the road, Blew the game in Overtime against Baylor in Vegas and lost at home the first week of the season against Kent State.
    Some solid wins so far over Kansas State, Miami, Georgetown.

Kevin Jones is a monster and is the best player in the big east at this point. Between Jones, all the great young guys and the leadership of senior point guard Truck Bryant who's been on a major tear in big east play ( at least 25 points in 3 of last 4 big east games). Most likely end up with 7-8 losses, but don't forget them come March. Bob Huggins will have them playing as well as anyone going into March Madness. A final four run similar to the run last year wouldn't surprise me if the bracket fell The right way. At the same time, neither would a first weekend exit. Monday's game at UCONN will be very telling.

having to listen to Clark Kellogg and his god-awful catch-phrases he beats to death.
    Within 30 seconds of tuning into the Wisconsin at Michigan game, Kellogg dropped his favorite from last year's tourney, "squeeze the orange." Awful.

<---- Likes Kellogg. He's no more guilty than all the other analysts with their overused cliches.

asshat bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore.
    I long for what might have been. Irving was ready for the nba the first time he stepped on the court. Rivers might be a good nba player someday... Hell, he might end up better than Irving... But right now, he's a hothead with huge potential who keeps picking up his dribble on the wing! Argh.
    Yeah, I have been a bit disappointed in what I've seen from Rivers. I thought he'd be an immediate impact player for Duke, but he hasn't been. lots of silly mistakes like you point out in other posts.

I'm surprised at how weak the acc looks. ga tech and wake are really bad. Virginia is good, but fsu has been a huge disappointment so far.

asshat Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac is a rep whore. Mountaineer Maniac's Avatar
    Lot's of good basketball this week. Just to name a few:

Monday: WVU/UCONN, OU/OSU, Cincinnati/Georgetown
    Tuesday: Baylor/KSU, Ohio State/Illinois
    Wednesday: Missouri/Iowa State, Wake Forest/Maryland, Texas/Texas A&M
    Thursday: Virginia/Duke, Gonzaga/St Mary's
    Friday: No real games of national interest.
    Saturday: Kentucky/Tennessee, Texas/Missouri, Michigan/Iowa, UNLV/San Deigo State, Oregon/Arizona, Pitt/Marquette

asshat spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Illinois up 3 @ home over Ohio St with 1:49 left on ESPN...

asshat spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Damn, #15 Louisville got rolled up 90-59 @ Providence.

HUGE 3 by Illinois, then Sullinger gets swatted, Ill up 4, :30 left.

11-15 FG, 13-15 FT, 8-10 3P, just your basic 43-pt night for Brandon Paul of Ill.

Ill wins 79-74.

asshat WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex's Avatar
    Ohio State is on its way to a four seed. Three seed, tops. They just do not play cohesively in close games down the stretch.

We had Miami beat by halftime. Neither team could knock down anything from three, but we killed them on the boards with 45 rebounds. Harrison Barnes had one of the worst games I can remember (6 pts), but we had a couple guys step up in scoring - Dexter Strickland and Kendall Marshall both had double figures. Say what you want about our chances, but there are few teams who spread points among the starters than Carolina does.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    11-15 FG, 13-15 FT, 8-10 3P, just your basic 43-pt night for Brandon Paul of Ill.

Ill wins 79-74.
    That kid was on fire, may be the best shooting performance I've seen in a college game in a long time. that last 3 was purely a heat-check that hit nothing but net. man, that was a fun game to watch

We had Miami beat by halftime. Neither team could knock down anything from three, but we killed them on the boards with 45 rebounds. Harrison Barnes had one of the worst games I can remember (6 pts), but we had a couple guys step up in scoring - Dexter Strickland and Kendall Marshall both had double figures. Say what you want about our chances, but there are few teams who spread points among the starters than Carolina does.
    I think everyone who remotely cares about college basketball will be surprised if Carolina doesn't make it to the final four.

I have to go throw up.

UVA @ Duke starting now on ESPN.

Jesus. It was an obvious foul on that perimeter shot by Ryan Kelly, but LOL at that flop.

If Virginia didn't give Duke a little padding with a couple of missed easy shots and that stupid foul on Kelly, there's a good chance they could have tied or taken the lead. Duke crushes a lot of people at home with ease, but there is voodoo magic in Cameron that makes teams $#@! the bed at the most critical times in close games. That's a really good UVa team, for what it's worth.

I also just watched the highlights from the Minnesota/IU game, and every time I see Cody Zeller play I can't stop thinking what could have been if we had landed him. Even though IU lost, he's going to own the Big Ten for as long as he wants to stay in college. Of all the players for Roy to whiff on.
    Last edited by Heel06; 01-12-2012 at 11:14 PM.

asshat WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex's Avatar
    there is voodoo magic in Cameron that makes teams $#@! the bed at the most critical times in close games.
    I'm not an ACC guy but this, coming from a fan of the school that invented the "Carolina Piss Factor", cracks me up.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    wow

If Virginia didn't give Duke a little padding with a couple of missed easy shots and that stupid foul on Kelly, there's a good chance they could have tied or taken the lead. Duke crushes a lot of people at home with ease, but there is voodoo magic in Cameron that makes teams $#@! the bed at the most critical times in close games. That's a really good UVa team, for what it's worth.

I also just watched the highlights from the Minnesota/IU game, and every time I see Cody Zeller play I can't stop thinking what could have been if we had landed him. Even though IU lost, he's going to own the Big Ten for as long as he wants to stay in college. Of all the players for Roy to whiff on.
    Midway through the second half, I stopped just getting pissed off and started thinking, "wow, maybe UVA is just better than we are." very lucky to escape with a W.

That being said, this team right now is no better than sweet 16, unless I am wrong, and I am never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    I'm not an ACC guy but this, coming from a fan of the school that invented the "Carolina Piss Factor", cracks me up.
    Maybe it's just a distorted perception, but it has always seemed like it happens more at Cameron. I try to be objective, but it honestly isn't completely possible.

Right now, we have recently broken the longest home win streak in our history, which was 25 games. That is counting conference and non-conference games combined, and I can't find the consecutive non-conference and conference records for us. The only one I could find for Duke is their longest non-conference home win streak was 95 games from February 2, 1983–December 2, 1995, and is currently the longest in NCAA at 86 with the last non-conference home loss coming against St. John’s on Feb. 26, 2000 when the then #2 Blue Devils lost 82-83 against the unranked St. John's Red Storm.

+ Reply to Thread