+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Houston Rockets 2011-2012 Season Thread

Official Houston Rockets 2011-2012 Season Thread

Keep on building, Morey. We're not contenders yet but I'll still be watching every game I can.

So we have that $#@! McHale as HC now. I'm sure we'll be busy during the free agency period. Any rumors yet?

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    All thats really out there is the Nene rumors.

I just hope this season doesn't suck.

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    We'll be somewhere between 6-9 seed. Basically, NBA purgatory.

Agreed, but I still find this team enjoyable to watch. Unlike the Mobley/Francis years when I basically avoided attending or viewing those games.

asshat Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life's Avatar
    Wish we would of kept Adleman. I can't wait to see where Lowry is gona take his game this year, if last year was any kind of a sign he might emerge as one of the best point guards in the game. Also Interested to see if Drogic is gona step his game up and see how Marcus Morris will fit into the offense. I hope Chandler Parsons can find a spot in the rotation cause i think he could provide some good scoring ability off the bench. I always liked his game watching him in college he has a nice lookin shot. I hope this is the year Jordan Hill realizes what it takes to play in this league and starts showing up for every game and quits actin so timid in the paint. If he can bring the kind of effort and attitude thats needed in the nba he can be pretty damn good, he has a lot of talent there's no doubt about that. Patterson's gona be a beast. I'm not expecting much out of Thabeet I expect him to be a bust but would love if he proves me wrong. We all know we've got some good players in Bud, Chuck, C Lee, and K-mart so I'll just leave it at that. If we can sign Nene this team can be better than people think.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange's Avatar
    would love to get nene. haven't kept up with anything nba related for months now. does that have a realistic shot of happening?

asshat Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life slams and goes hard. Longhorns 4 Life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    would love to get nene. haven't kept up with anything nba related for months now. does that have a realistic shot of happening?
    I'm not sure how real of a chance we have of gettin him either i'm just hearin the rumors. Who knows how true they are since players haven't been able to negotiate their contracts during the lockout.

asshat Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps's Avatar
    I love me some Chuck Hayes, but we better sign some more height. $#@! Hayes is a FA also so he isn't even under contract at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Realistic odds are probably 40/60

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    I love me some Chuck Hayes, but we better sign some more height. $#@! Hayes is a FA also so he isn't even under contract at the moment
    Also rumored that Chuck gained a lot of weight in offseason. Read some tweets a few weeks ago that he looked real heavy at a Kentucky charity basketball game.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange's Avatar
    anyone know when the revised schedule is supposed to come out?

I read somewhere that the full schedule should come out at the end of next week. I've also read that a lot of the dates and matchups should stay the same .

Can't wait to see how the Rockets approach this free agency period. There are a couple of teams with huge amounts of cap space, so the Rockets may have to amnesty Thabeet to really be able to match some of the offers that Nene is getting. The Rockets might also be able to pick up an amnesty player on the cheap. If the Mavs amnesty Brendan Haywood, he could provide some size if the Rockets miss on Nene, and who wouldn't love to have Brandon Roy coming off the bench.

asshat BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTPhil2006 View Post
    We'll be somewhere between 6-9 seed. Basically, NBA purgatory.
    Kevin McHale is our coach..we'll be lucky to be the 8th seed.

Per Chron.com:

"We should make the playoffs this year," McHale said. "That's our goal."

Morey, however, had work to do. With teams permitted to speak with agents for the first time since the lockout began, he spoke to representatives of Nene, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol and Chuck Hayes, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions. Jordan and Gasol are restricted free agents.

asshat Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er's Avatar
    Screw those guys. Trade the team for Chris Paul and Dwight Howard

next couple of years are bright, stros' and their farm system are dog$#@! while moving to the $#@!ing AL west and mchale is the new rockets coach next few years without much to work with....sorry for the buzz kill, don't like thinking about it either. oh, and $#@! you selig.
    Last edited by ballrific; 12-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.

asshat STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny's Avatar
    I'd really like to get Tyson Chandler, but he's probably asking for an NBA champ upcharge.

The NBA schedule is out. The Rockets ticket selling staff probably isn't too happy. No home dates with Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando and New Jersey. Only one home date with the Lakers, Clippers and Mavs.

Each western conference team plays just three eastern teams twice, and the Rockets get the home and home with the Raptors, Wizards and Bobcats.

I only saw one back-to-back-to-back sequence for the Rockets. The word on the streets was that teams would have between one and three stretches of three games in three nights, so it looks like they might have gotten a break with that. I did notice that at the end of the season they close with three consecutive back-to-backs separated by one night, so six games in eight nights, which should provide for some awesome basketball...

asshat bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack's Avatar
    Hearing that Dalembert is the most likely to sign.

Also, their (and most likely, every team's) schedule is brutal. Lots of "7 games in 10 days" stretches. The Rox roster is filled with 1-3 yr players. Hopefully, the young legs help them out.

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houston1108 View Post
    I just hope this season doesn't suck.
    lets hope.

Mark Stein is reporting that Chuck Hayes is expected to sign with Sacramento for the full mid-level (4 year, $20 million). So long Chuckwagon...

asshat BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn GORN BrothaHorn's Avatar
    20 million for Chuck Hayes..no wonder the kings suck and are having money issues.

asshat mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaHorn View Post
    20 million for Chuck Hayes..no wonder the kings suck and are having money issues.
    I like Chuck Hayes and all, but this sounds like a NY Knicks deal. Just over spending for good, but average players...see Carmelo Anthony.

Bye bye Chuckster!

asshat bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack's Avatar
    There is a separate thread for the 3-team deal, but just posting it here for posterity...

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
    Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!
    SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
    If the Rockets land Gasol in 3-way trade, expect them to make a strong run at Nuggets free agent center Nene, source tells @YahooSports.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Marc Gasol rumors are picking up significantly.

Marc would be a good get. I'd prefer him over Pau at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by forshizzzle View Post
    Mark Stein is reporting that Chuck Hayes is expected to sign with Sacramento for the full mid-level (4 year, $20 million). So long Chuckwagon...
    Hate to see Chuck leave Houston, but good for him. One of my favorite Cats(UK).

He might be a good example for Cousins to follow, maybe why the Kings made the deal?

asshat Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er is a rep whore. Old96er's Avatar
    Mark > Pau at this point. The Rockets are a few yrs out min from competing. This would make much more long term sense. If its a sign and trade we could stil have cap room and the ML exception.

Anyone want Gilbert Arenas for a bag of chips if Kmart is shipped. Low risk/high reward.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    Marc Gasol rumors are picking up significantly.
    Griz Owner and GM already said they are matching anything.

So it's overpaying for Dalembarfhfjj guy from Philly? Oh no! we suck again. Clips Jordan off market. No money for Nene unless sign and trade but nothing for him to play next to. This team is a lame duck this year. Play for the lotto

asshat H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX's Avatar
    the best big man on the Rockets is the coach

mulch hauler SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII's Avatar
    my threads. GO ROCKETS [capsloko]

mulch hauler SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII's Avatar
    We have a good amount of money this year, but not enough to get a superstar unless we cut our best talent (see failed trades for Gasols). I say we sit back and wait for the market to improve. Good explanation (about a week old, so figure in Chuck being off the books) of our current cap situation:

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/2020/h...y-cap-new-cba/

Who do the R's have at SF besides Chase?

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Houston probably goes small a lot next year when Chase is out. Put Lee or Martin at the 3. It was an pretty good lineup for them last year.

I think they may try Morris at the 3. Williams is more of a 2 than a 3 I think. I hope he gets some playing time this year.

bunghole chitown bevo is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? chitown bevo is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? chitown bevo is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by ballrific View Post
    next couple of years are bright, stros' and their farm system are dog$#@! while moving to the $#@!ing AL west and mchale is the new rockets coach next few years without much to work with....sorry for the buzz kill, don't like thinking about it either. oh, and $#@! you selig.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by houston1108 View Post
    I think they may try Morris at the 3.
    IIRC, Morris doesn't have the handles or lateral quickness to play the 3.

Leanin' ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53's Avatar
    Can we just go back to the lockout? $#@! this season.

so if they're going to suck this year, can they just go ahead and really suck and get a top 5 pick? this draft is going to have a lot of players that are actually worth drafting in it.

kthx

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ldogg53 View Post
    Can we just go back to the lockout? $#@! this season.
    and the next.

Just bring back the amigo and be done with it

asshat YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang's Avatar
    Seriously, it's a short season... go for the gusto Rockets. I want to see "Top 3 Pick" posted in the locker room, gotta have a goal! I'm sick of this team striving for being average.

Quote Originally Posted by YChang View Post
    Seriously, it's a short season... go for the gusto Rockets. I want to see "Top 3 Pick" posted in the locker room, gotta have a goal! I'm sick of this team striving for being average.
    Exactly. Being the 7-10 seed does nothing for us.

I think this team has a decent amount of potential for this type of season. The squad goes 10 deep and with all of the back to backs, the depth will be a huge boost. If they can get 20 solid minutes from Thabeet, they could be a really interesting team.

Quote Originally Posted by forshizzzle View Post
    If they can get 20 solid minutes from Thabeet, they could be a really interesting team.
    you mean 20 solid minutes from thabeet for the season right?

+ Reply to Thread