+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 MLS Thread

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    tough match. we just couldn't get anything together. SJ did a great job of cutting off passing lanes that were open in the first two matches. the penalty was deserved, but it was clearly a retaliation. definitely some questionable calls from the refs, but we shouldn't be taking that douchebag out in the box. at least wait till he's in the middle of the pitch!

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    That's a problem, and an even bigger one is that Castillo may be out -- he looked really improved and super fast in the first half. But Dallas just signed Columbian Luis Alberto Perrea, and he has already scored and assisted in a reserve game. With Carlos Rodriguez looking VERY good off the bench, I am hoping that FCD gives youngster Leyva a chance, and then let's Perrea come in for a bit.
    Nice. Perea already headed home.

That was fun.

Most observers were caught off guard by Wednesday’s announcement that FC Dallas had agreed to a mutual parting of the ways with forward Luis Perea. FCD head coach Schellas Hyndman was asked about the situation after a closed practice Wednesday on the FC Dallas Stadium field, and here’s what he had to say:

“Luis Perea came in and he was a player we were looking for special things from and it didn’t take us very long to find that it wasn’t a very good fit for us,” Hyndman said. “Now through mutual consent with Perea and FC Dallas, we felt like the best thing for both parties was to terminate the contract.”

And it wasn’t like FCD didn’t try to make this thing work with Perea.

“We tried to work with him, counsel him, do some of the things we needed done and he tried but I think at some point in time we just both mutually agreed that this wasn’t the best place for him,” Hyndman said.

Maybe we should have all seen this coming. After all, the matter-of-fact gaffer said several weeks back when asked about Perea that he was already having fitness issues and that he was concerned about how quickly he’d be able to adjust to MLS.

Hyndman also brought into question his newest striker’s work ethic, which is never a good thing for a player new to an organization to hear from his head coach. So, maybe Perea came here with the intention of killing some time until a better opportunity opened up or maybe it was something else but we may never know the truth.

Perhaps, it’s better to cut him loose and find another forward because they are definitely out there. With the beating Blas Perez has been taking thus far in his MLS career and the fact that it looks like FCD has little faith in young striker Ruben Luna at the current time, combined with the fact that preseason addition Scott Sealy can’t make his way back from injury, adding some more depth up top is now definitely at the top of Dallas’ list of priorities right now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/socce...ot-working-out

This is too bad, as the experience at the stadium seems to be really improving.

I've been exploring the MLS iPad app. Is "Vuvuzela" really listed as a Chant for each team?

Having watched most of the Kansas City games this year, I was worried that the 5-0 start was a bit of fool's gold. So I was very interested to see how tonight played out against Salt Lake, needless to say as someone who lives in KC, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It's still be a relatively soft schedule, but so far it's been a great start to the season.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Brek Shea's late goal was pretty impressive tonight. He just looked like a beast closing the deal.

FCD is literally playing a 4-4 with a couple of traffic cones in the center mid area. Ugg.

bunghole triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn's Avatar
    Portland lost 4 in a row for the first time in MLS last night and holds the anchor in the West today. I'm genuinely interested to see how this plays out. Fans aren't aren't going to stop attending and making noise (ratio of entertainment value to ticket price is too good) but it wouldn't shock me to see Spencer entering the conversation about what's wrong. The same problem I mentioned during pre-season early in the thread about not being able to hold a lead has now happened in 3 consecutive losses (RSL, Chivas, LA). Oddly, most of the late goal collapses result from precision shots on the ground just inside the post taken from outside the box. Our defense has been worked recently on the right but it's the midfield that probably deserves the most criticism. Jewsbury was an all-star last season but looks over the hill this year. Diego Chara is the Alexander Wright of the MLS - blazing speed with rigid off the ball motion and a brittle touch. It also seems like the mids should bear the blame for virtually conceding the perimeter outside the penalty box for repeated potshot goals. It's still early in the season but this isn't new and could get ugly.

Is Galavision really the only option for the Fire-Dynamo game? I was keeping up with the gametracker, just switched over to watch it on MLS Live. Blacked out.

Well, Mexican TV announcers are entertaining at least. Meeeler Lite.

Why is the game so delayed? Weather in Chicago? (Edit: yeah, weather)

Suspendida al 65'
    Last edited by skipperj; 04-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    I have a couple of tickets available on shagslist, face value.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...laxy-205-total

I wish we could make this game. I was really pumped to see the new stadium and a rematch of the Cup. Boogers.

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triplehorn View Post
    Portland lost 4 in a row for the first time in MLS last night and holds the anchor in the West today.
    HAHA! /nelsonlaugh

PS: LMFAO @ "for the first time in MLS" as if you've been in the league for more than a season and 6 matches.

Wow. Awful play by Toronto's GK there. CHI scores at :27.

bunghole triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. triplehorn's Avatar
    :27 ? Inconceivable that anyone could break Portland's mark this year for fastest goal allowed against the Revs (:28).

I predict Portland loses 5 in a row for the first time in MLS tonight.

Not a bad thing I'll be attending a wedding on the beach in Jahmekya this evening instead. One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.
    Last edited by triplehorn; 04-21-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Jesus. I take a quick little nap and it's now 2-2 at 43'?

Is it just me, or has the MLS changed the way the order they show away and home teams on the scoreline to align with the international game? They used to show home team last, like we do for US sports. I remember almost posting about that here a couple of weeks ago, but now the games today seem to show home team first. Am I just drunk? (Yes I'm drunk.)

Dynamo tie it up. Beautiful cross.

Hall just saved three times in three seconds.

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar
    Earthquakes defeat RSL 3-1. First place, bitches.

We (San Jose) had half of our starting field players out due to either injury or suspension.

This team looks completely different than last season's team. The addition of former FC Dallas player Marvin Chavez in the midfield has been huge, though he was out tonight. We've got incredible speed all over. The extra bit of hustle is always there. Always seem to have two defenders on the ball. And on offense the ball somehow keeps finding Wondolowski right in front of the goal.

Yeah, FCDs decision to trade Chavez and even Eric Avila looks really bad now.

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar
    Earthquakes win again! 2-1 over Philly. Marvin Chavez served both Earthquakes goals on a platter to Steven Lenhart.

Final score rightfully should read 3-1, but an Earthquakes' goals was wrongly called offside on a backwards pass 1 meter in front of the goal.

Right now we are steamrolling. Even with several starters out nursing injuries.

Brek Shea scores on a PK!

Not enough for Becks.

Damn. Goal in stoppage. 1-1

Big road win for the Sounders this weekend, but Marco Peppa had a ridiculous goal straight from the corner.

Worst Columbian in the league proceeded to be extra $#@!ty last night...oh wait, I'm lying:

Suck my $#@! LA! We're 6 back in the west with 2-3 games in hand over the teams ahead of us and a $#@!ty Philadelphia team coming on Saturday!

asshat LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses
    Great strike and came from no where. That keeper for LA is awful though. See Eddie Johnson's goal that same game.

Edit: Not taking anything away from that strike. It was beautiful. Can't hit it any better than that.
    Last edited by LurkingHorn; 05-03-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durant Durant View Post
    Worst Columbian in the league proceeded to be extra $#@!ty last night...oh wait, I'm lying:
    That is some stout defending.

But this is awesome. Now he has as many goals as Ugo Ihemelu and Zack Loyd.

I can't hear you from so far down the table.

Watched the second half of the SEA-LA game. That Montero goal was a rocket. Really enjoying MLS Live. Able to just put on random games and watch in the evenings during weekday games. Wish there were more of them. I have trouble catching Saturday games usually.

Rosales puts Seattle up 1-0. I'm starting to like this team. Seems like they are always on, so have caught quite a few.

Am I crazy, or does the MLS list the home teams in differing ways on the scoreboard? Typically, the home team is listed first for soccer, which is the opposite of American sports. Took me awhile to get used to that. I remembered MLS doing it like American sports, and not the typical way. However, now it seems they have reversed that, at least in some instances. Anyone have some insight on that?

KC seems to have pretty good support. Drums and singing the entire time during play.

Didn't we have someone that worked for Sporting on the Shag at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    KC seems to have pretty good support. Drums and singing the entire time during play.

Didn't we have someone that worked for Sporting on the Shag at one point?
    My first MLS game was tonight. I can say having a soccer specific stadium is the tits. Crowd was great the entire night even though SKC couldn't execute worth a $#@! in the final third of the field.

While I've watched most of the games over the past two seasons, finally going to a game was just such a blast. Even the gf had a great time and even brought up getting season tickets next year.

I'll try and post some pics from the stadium and can't wait to go back in June.

Were the drums and singing that prevalent in the stadium? It was a constant on the broadcast, but don't know if it was miced to sound that way.

Sporting KC is the $#@!. I'm an FCD guy, but our front office burned (pun absolutely intended) the ultras a while ago, so now we're full of fans like me that don't really cheer.

I went to the SKC-FCD game last year at Livestrong, and had a riot, especially with our win. They're as close as you can call a "second" team

I was sitting right next to the north side of the stadium where the drums are and everyone was really into it. All the cheers/drums were going the entire time and the crowd was going nuts. Maybe a lot of people were raring to go because of getting drunk for Cinco de Mayo. I can't go to the next home game because I will be camping in Utah, but I'll be getting tickets for when they play Toronto.

It's a very intimate stadium, no bad seats. If you ever get a chance go to a game. The only negative about the park is it's pretty far downtown KC. I went with a group of about 25. We got their early and tailgated. I don't know if this is standard for most stadiums or not, but they have a shuttle running from their tailgate spots to the stadium and that was nice (it was about 90 degrees and humid and I had been drinking).

Any of you FCD supporters going to the match on Wednesday? Let's go Sounders!!!

I honestly am going to try to use highschool baseball playoffs as an excuse to get out of it. If possible.

Although I am intrigued by the Zach Loyd/Freddy Montero goal scoring contest.....

I told my ticket guy to give my tickets for this game to a charity. We won't score a goal without Perez. Damn Geiger had to ruin what is a great little rivalry.

Only 5 days till the Dynamo. Drove by the stadium tonight. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by torturaperderte View Post
    I told my ticket guy to give my tickets for this game to a charity. We won't score a goal without Perez. Damn Geiger had to ruin what is a great little rivalry.
    Ha. Maybe you will be featured in Philanthropists' Weekly.

I'd like to see Loyd in Hernandez' spot.

I'm sure he was blown away by my generosity LOL

I'd love that as well. If we had not have signed Marcelin, I bet Schellas would have entertained it. You could slide Loyd up, put Pertuz at RB and go on, but I bet he just sticks Marcelin there now.

If Shea doesn't play we are some kind of boned in terms of getting a win.

I sure hope that $#@!ty Columbian can start scoring more goals so we can turn our season around since we suck so much. Oh wait, I'm lying....

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ankings-week-9

#1 bitches! S my D!

I honestly am going to try to use highschool baseball playoffs as an excuse to get out of it. If possible.

Although I am intrigued by the Zach Loyd/Freddy Montero goal scoring contest.....
    Glad to see you guys aren't fair weather fans!

$#@!ty Columbian
    Who do you think will score first Montero or Ugo?
    Last edited by tantric superman; 05-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Who do you think will score first Montero or Ugo?
    Who cares? I bet Seattle wins! We don't need to score 4 goals a game when our defense is so stout that we've only given up 1 goal in run of play in the last 8 games. Wow.

Plus we keep getting ridiculous opportunities. We should've beat Philly 4-0 at least on Saturday. It's only a matter of time before those opportunities start converting. I'm sorry FCD sucks dog balls, but you just sound bitter and angry when you talk $#@! about Montero/Seattle. Maybe you're okay with that, I don't know how old you are.

asshat LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses LurkingHorn grows his own roses
    I think I'm going to go this Wednesday. Tickets are $9. I'm not expecting a good result from this team at the moment.

Also we have this gem opening up this weekend:

Who cares? I bet Seattle wins! We don't need to score 4 goals a game when our defense is so stout that we've only given up 1 goal in run of play in the last 8 games. Wow.

Plus we keep getting ridiculous opportunities. We should've beat Philly 4-0 at least on Saturday. It's only a matter of time before those opportunities start converting. I'm sorry FCD sucks dog balls, but you just sound bitter and angry when you talk $#@! about Montero/Seattle. Maybe you're okay with that, I don't know how old you are.
    Dude. It's MLS. You forget that Houston basically was gifted a damn good first few years by being -- San Jose. The wins are great but with parity, etc. the wins are surpringly not that big a deal. This season sucks because the league's best columbian got injured the moment he was supposed to start playing again.

You keep talking about the table as if it is that big a deal. Not being in the playoffs will suck if that happens, but with this team, I don't even want the reserves playing let alone have to deal with champions league, etc. (I do think that given no relegation, getting into the champtions-league type tournments does represent success and what I look forward to in general).

I've been into this since MLS started and we played at the cotton bowl. Granted, Dallas is in the minority I think for its failure to win the title so maybe my bar is too low, but with no relegation I see most of the season as baseball fans probably see the beginning of theirs. I want to see some of the young guys play and maybe see coach mix it up when we have no midfield. I want to see Brek play beause I think he can be the next Dempsey.

Montero getting bitch slapped would be nice too. (Hatred of Montero is based primarily on him being a huge whiner and diver the first two games I saw him and his hair style at the time, which I think included some sort of rattail. Sounds dumb but the kind of instant dislike you often get in sports.

(The only reason I talk $#@! about Seattle is because you make approximatly 50% of the posts on this board. I'd rather talk $#@! about Chicago and Houston.)
    Last edited by tantric superman; 05-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    I want to go to the game tommorrow but $#@! Frisco.

Dude. It's MLS. You forget that Houston basically was gifted a damn good first few years by being -- San Jose. The wins are great but with parity, etc. the wins are surpringly not that big a deal. This season sucks because the league's best columbian got injured the moment he was supposed to start playing again.

You keep talking about the table as if it is that big a deal. Not being in the playoffs will suck if that happens, but with this team, I don't even want the reserves playing let alone have to deal with champions league, etc. (I do think that given no relegation, getting into the champtions-league type tournments does represent success and what I look forward to in general).

I've been into this since MLS started and we played at the cotton bowl. Granted, Dallas is in the minority I think for its failure to win the title so maybe my bar is too low, but with no relegation I see most of the season as baseball fans probably see the beginning of theirs. I want to see some of the young guys play and maybe see coach mix it up when we have no midfield. I want to see Brek play beause I think he can be the next Dempsey.

Montero getting bitch slapped would be nice too. (Hatred of Montero is based primarily on him being a huge whiner and diver the first two games I saw him and his hair style at the time, which I think included some sort of rattail. Sounds dumb but the kind of instant dislike you often get in sports.

(The only reason I talk $#@! about Seattle is because you make approximatly 50% of the posts on this board. I'd rather talk $#@! about Chicago and Houston.)
    Second that. Also I doubt you will find too many fair-weather FCD fans.

I actually have a lot of respect for Rosales, but every Seattle fan I know acts like this is $#@!ing Barcalona.

Reminder, how many playoff wins does this blessed mecca of soccer have? Every year I hear of a great contender, but they fail to get out of the first round.

I try to talk a big game, but I would actually love to have a beer with any MLS fan. Anyone that supports the league is fine by me.
    Last edited by torturaperderte; 05-09-2012 at 12:36 AM.

I just try to make the thread interesting. All you $#@!ets wanna talk about is Brek Shea and how $#@!ty FCD's back line is. Honestly I don't pay a lot of attention to other MLS teams except LA, NYRB, and whoever Seattle is playing. Plus, I think I ran off that Portland "supporter" since he hasn't been around in a while. It was either me or the fact that PORTLAND TIMBERS SUCK ASS this year so he moved onto whatever the latest "cool" thing is in Portland. I totally understand your hatred for Montero, there's athletes I hate for stupid reasons too. But all that "worst columbian in the league" talk was ridiculous.

Second that. Also I doubt you will find too many fair-weather FCD fans.

I actually have a lot of respect for Rosales, but every Seattle fan I know acts like this is $#@!ing Barcalona.

Reminder, how many playoff wins does this blessed mecca of soccer have? Every year I hear of a great contender, but they fail to get out of the first round.

I try to talk a big game, but I would actually love to have a beer with any MLS fan. Anyone that supports the league is fine by me.
    Lol @ the playoff thing. You're right, we haven't won the MLS Cup, but we have won the Open Cup...3 times. And done pretty well for an American squad in the Champions League. Before you talk about the 6-1 game, we did beat both teams that were in the finals. We have a good team and like to celebrate them, you can't tell me you wouldn't act similarly if FCD was bringing home silverware.

With all that said, good luck tonight boys...I think you're gonna need it.

+ Reply to Thread