+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Ridley Scott's Alien prequel)

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    People didn't worship the military until recently.
    I guess you didn't hear about 1941 to 1965?

So I haven't watched as much stuff or read about this movie as much as y'all, but I did see that one clip where the guy from Inglorious Basterds talks about how he's a robot-the latest and greatest from that company. Sort of a Blade Runner theme there. Anyway, is it known or suspected that Charlize Theron is also like him and sent by the company as their eyes and ears, but the rest of the crew just think she's one of them? Kinda like the short squirrely guy in 'Alien'?
    Last edited by TheCruiser; 05-01-2012 at 02:35 PM.

bunghole Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base's Avatar
    Apparently Prometheus has hidden clues about the Illuminati or something. Oh, and Alex Jones spoiles the $#@! out of the movie, which is why I stopped watching after 20 seconds.

in case you're interested in easter eggs..

http://io9.com/5894612/every-alien-e...theus-trailers

asshat BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club BurntEyes Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by hornian View Post
    And: Game over man! Game over!
    We're all gonna bite it on this ROCK!

Why don't you just put her in charge?!?

Alien is on OuterMax right now. About 30 minutes in.

asshat In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses In10se grows his own roses
    Alien was released the year before I was born, and that series of movies are ones I've always heard about throughout the years but never watched.

Set the DVR to record Alien on max tomorrow and Aliens on Sunday. Any of the others after that worth watching to prep for this movie?

asshat smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs's Avatar
    ^ No.

I wouldn't waste your time with the tripe that came after Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    ^ No.

What you said.

Quote Originally Posted by BurntEyes View Post
    We're all gonna bite it on this ROCK!

Why don't you just put her in charge?!?

Head White Devil rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic's Avatar
    ^ No.

Gotta disagree here. Each sequel had a completely different take on the franchise, heavily influenced by each director's style of film making. They weren't all trying to be copies of the original, like a lot of sequels. Unless you're just not a big fan of movies, there's no reason to avoid David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunets' versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    dude you're $#@!ing kidding right? he was asking about ALIEN! not Aliens.

now apologize for being a wrong $#@!. lol

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by In10se View Post
    Alien was released the year before I was born, and that series of movies are ones I've always heard about throughout the years but never watched.

Set the DVR to record Alien on max tomorrow and Aliens on Sunday. Any of the others after that worth watching to prep for this movie?
    ^ No.

just as an aside, I really disliked Aliens3 the first time I saw it but it grew on me slowly. supposedly the new Aliens:Colonial Marines video game due out this year is supposed to be canon and explain the gap between Aliens and Aliens3, like why the Sulaco was over the prison Planet Fury 161, how did an egg/face hugger get onto the Sulaco to impregnate a crewmember in cryosleep without damaging the cryochamber, why if it takes 17 days for them(the USCM, as per Hudson wouldn't declare them missing until after 17 days) to be declared missing is the Weyland-Yutani corp there just 3 days after the ejection sequence from the Sulaco.

a lot of this has been lightly covered in Aliens3 and Resurrection, sorta and topical, but the game is supposed to further explain the chain of events from Ripley nuking Hadley's Hope on LV426(July 26th) and her being ejected from the Sulaco over Fury161(Aug 8th)

they are saying that with the inclusion of this game as canon, it is supposed to make Aliens3 make more sense in the story.

for the nerds that want to know... like me...

asshat smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs is a rep whore. smuggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post
    Gotta disagree here. Each sequel had a completely different take on the franchise, heavily influenced by each director's style of film making. They weren't all trying to be copies of the original, like a lot of sequels. Unless you're just not a big fan of movies, there's no reason to avoid David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunets' versions.

I'll put this in a spoiler as to not ruin any plot points for In10se:

Spoiler!

Watched "Alien" last night just to get re-familiarized with things. Even knowing what was coming, I still jumped. Such a well done damn movie. So many shots and influences from this flick. Entire cast was great, but Yaphet Kotto was fantastic. I read on wikipedia that the choice of an "older" cast (with the exception of Weaver) was intentional to add a sense of realism to things. Makes sense. So many damn horror movies with the young, hot cast who gets offed seem to miss on that aspect of care.

Pretty psyched to see this movie, and don't think I'll watch any more possibly spoiler laden trailers.

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Fresh Breath View Post
    Watched "Alien" last night just to get re-familiarized with things. Even knowing what was coming, I still jumped. Such a well done damn movie. So many shots and influences from this flick. Entire cast was great, but Yaphet Kotto was fantastic. I read on wikipedia that the choice of an "older" cast (with the exception of Weaver) was intentional to add a sense of realism to things. Makes sense. So many damn horror movies with the young, hot cast who gets offed seem to miss on that aspect of care.

Pretty psyched to see this movie, and don't think I'll watch any more possibly spoiler laden trailers.
    Yeah Ridley has stated before that he wanted it to seem like they were a unisex-truckers-in-space crew, they were average humans doing "everyday" work in space not exploring the galaxy and doing fun things. the Nostromo was basically a space tow-truck, which is why Ripley got $#@!canned publicly for both dumping the ore and detonating the Nostromo. it'd be like me crashing my tow truck hauling a fuel tanker because a snake was in my cabin... I mean $#@! that I'd eject and nuke that $#@! from the ditch but I'm just sayin.

asshat neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44's Avatar
    Alien 3 was a pretty solid $#@!ing movie

Jerkass next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club
    I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses
    you should not compare Alien and Aliens, one is a horror/suspense movie and the other action/blockbuster type.

Head White Devil rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic's Avatar

Recognize Tits MacGee here?

Lyssa Arryn is in this? Little Robin Arryn can't go that long without breast feeding. She better get her ass back to Westeros.

Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    Lyssa Arryn is in this? Little Robin Arryn can't go that long without breast feeding. She better get her ass back to Westeros.
    Yep, plus Micheletto the assassin from The Borgias is in it too (on the far right)

asshat NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA's Avatar
    DO NOT WATCH ANY OF THE NEW TV SPOTS WHEN YOU SEE THEM COME ON IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED.

there is one that is out there that while totally awesome gives away some big plot points and "shows the monster" if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post
    DO NOT WATCH ANY OF THE NEW TV SPOTS WHEN YOU SEE THEM COME ON IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED.

there is one that is out there that while totally awesome gives away some big plot points and "shows the monster" if you will.
    pos rep

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAAA View Post

$#@! like this pisses me off. thanks for the headsup, luckily I haven't seen any recently.

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    $#@! the haters, I'd wear Charlize like a hat.

asshat Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned's Avatar
    DO NOT WATCH TV AT ALL, PERIOD. UNLESS ITS THE LHN

looking forward the movie

Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    $#@! the haters, I'd wear Charlize like a hat.
    Who the $#@! is going to hate on Charlize???

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Who the $#@! is going to hate on Charlize???

This is Shaggy.

asshat NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA grows his own roses NOMAAA's Avatar
    is nelly a righty or a lefty in that avatar?

Charlize is Shaggy proof. One of the hottest women on the planet. And talented.

asshat mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    $#@! the haters, I'd wear ________ like a hat.
    Fixed

Lots of new awesome $#@! on the "company" web site.

I cant wait for this movie

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR
    $#@! the haters, I'd wear _fishtix_ like a hat.
    Fixed
    troof

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    there was this waitress at Hooter's South Austin named Trisha a few years back. she was the damn doppelganger for Charlie Theron. Admittedly with different colored hair. I look forward to this motion picture, but otherwise-that's all I can still think about.

Each sequel had a completely different take on the franchise, heavily influenced by each director's style of film making.
    Where does Aliens vs. Predator fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tres Leches View Post
    Where does Aliens vs. Predator fit in?
    I was specifically referring to the Fincher and Jeunet sequels.

Did I see a $#@!ing Coors can in Prometheus commercial? WTF?

The Silver Bullet is the beer of the future

Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post
    The Silver Bullet is the beer of the future
    Maybe we should let the Aliens win.

asshat utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05's Avatar
    Finally watched Aliens fully for the first time just to get prepared for Prometheus. I wasn't completely oblivious to the Alien franchise, I have always known the basic storyline, what IT looked like, etc. Just needed a refresher, only have seen the weak alien vs predator movies in the 2000's. I can see why Alien is a classic especially for the time it came out. Not the scariest alien film, but good. Can't wait for the 2012 installation with better CGI, technology, and hotter chics (Hi, Charlize)!

asshat RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn's Avatar
    Don't watch anything after Aliens.

dont watch aliens.

2 more weeks.

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    @ mib3 earlier today imax 3d.

prometheus trailer in imax 3d HOLEEE SHIIT!

punched Alien buttons big time MOTHER$#@! IN!

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    mib3 not bad either two snaps up in a circle

bunghole austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc's Avatar
    PSA: The movie opens in the UK tomorrow. So basically avoid the internet for the next week.

+ Reply to Thread