Closed Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks 2011-2012 Season Thread

asshat H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX's Avatar
    i hope they don't add a 3rd member to the broadcast team, and they also get rid of Breen

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    Hope Lebron didn't hurt his vagina on that last flop.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    I choose not to complain about any game in which my team raises a championship banner.

Still the $#@!in champs.

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    I like the all black (kinda Delonte) team that finished off the game.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Surprise, LeBron doesn't show up for the 4th quarter again.

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    AAAAHHHHAHAHAHAH! c

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsTyne View Post
    I choose not to complain about any game in which my team raises a championship banner.

Still the $#@!in champs.
    uh no, that would be chamberlain

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    I'm not to dissapointed since we still have a lot of time to get our execution better. I am pissed that they threw out Odom.

asshat H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX is a rep whore. H34TX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Party_Taco View Post
    Let's do this!

Missed the banner ceremony cause I was waste deep in presents... If anyone has a link please share!

Quote Originally Posted by H34TX View Post
    $#@! yeah that was amazing.

bunghole zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein's Avatar
    today was kind of inevitable.

I'll check in for you guys maƱana from section 111.

we should come revisit the knee jerk on the first two pages later for a chuckle. the "no spark off the bench" quote by H34TX is especially eye catching

realize that Jason Terry is not really "bench"

asshat dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme's Avatar
    Realize you're an idiot.

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar
    There are two ignorant, hating $#@!s on this thread that need to just stop. Just found out about major roster moves two days ago and you're over here trying to kick some knowledge? Really? And to say that the offseason moves the Mavs made put them in a worse position for the future is just $#@!ing dumb. Mavs mgmt has been praised as having made the shrewdest moves of any team by far over the past few weeks. But not by the haters of course- it took you all of a half of basketball to write them off. Your wishful thinking is so $#@!ing transparent.

It's going to be a rough few weeks. But like CBT said, I'm just glad to have them back. And I'm anxious to see Rick work his magic with this group- it's going to take all he's got to get it gelling on such short notice.

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar

asshat NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. NYCLonghorn's Avatar
    the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room....
    Jesus, based on the media (ESPN, Marc Stein) I feel like they should be raising the championship banner in Miami for this season (they are undefeated, you know...) and sending the Mavericks to the glue factory. What a joke.

I'd love to see the record for the game in which NBA champs hoist the banner and hand out the rings. Couple that with the fact that this game meant so much more to Miami than it did to Dallas and the shortened preseason and I knew the Mavs would be a little distracted/flat.

The Mavs will work out the chemistry and get it together and be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCLonghorn View Post
    Jesus, based on the media (ESPN, Marc Stein) I feel like they should be raising the championship banner in Miami for this season (they are undefeated, you know...) and sending the Mavericks to the glue factory. What a joke.

I'd love to see the record for the game in which NBA champs hoist the banner and hand out the rings. Couple that with the fact that this game meant so much more to Miami than it did to Dallas and the shortened preseason and I knew the Mavs would be a little distracted/flat.

The Mavs will work out the chemistry and get it together and be fine.
    The last 13 champions are 10-3 when they raise the banner, Lakers Heat and Mavs lost. The Heat lost by 42 to the Bulls and lost in the 1st round and the Lakers lost by 5 to the eventual champions and would make the WC semifinals that year.
    Last edited by Michael Knight; 12-26-2011 at 11:04 AM.

asshat aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08 Shaggy Gold Club aggie08's Avatar
    I'm sure this has already been said earlier, but I don't feel like reading. So the plan this year was to let the three toughest guys on the team go elsewhere and replace them with Vince Carter and Lamar Odom??? I understand you can't pay everyone, but VINCE CARTER!!!??? The antithesis of heart and toughness??? I like Lamar, but only on a team where he's no higher than the 4th best player and his production on any given night is almost a bonus. The moment you have to depend on him every night, you're screwed. Not exactly going to improve team toughness either. Gonna be a long year, especially if Dirk has to play significant minutes at center.

asshat Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo's Avatar
    Our defense has been abysmal these first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie08 View Post
    I'm sure this has already been said earlier, but I don't feel like reading. .
    Thanks for your contribution and hard hitting analysis. Really outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie08 View Post
    I'm sure this has already been said earlier, but I don't feel like reading. So the plan this year was to let the three toughest guys on the team go elsewhere and replace them with Vince Carter and Lamar Odom??? I understand you can't pay everyone, but VINCE CARTER!!!??? The antithesis of heart and toughness??? I like Lamar, but only on a team where he's no higher than the 4th best player and his production on any given night is almost a bonus. The moment you have to depend on him every night, you're screwed. Not exactly going to improve team toughness either. Gonna be a long year, especially if Dirk has to play significant minutes at center.
    correct, paying money to garbage - and good point about toughness, these 3 additions of West, Odom, Carter are pussies

asshat naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo's Avatar
    Mavs getting blown out at home by the Nuggets by 29 in the 3rd.

is Jordan Hamilton eligible to play, injured? Will they burn his redshirt? We want Jordan!

bunghole zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein slams and goes hard. zosostein's Avatar

reppin section 111

is Jordan Hamilton eligible to play, injured? Will they burn his redshirt? We want Jordan!
    you are ignorant of all realities. you know not of what you speak. you are embarrassing yourself and your family. may god have mercy on you.

Sean Williams is the truth.

also our interior defense is frighteningly porous right now.

we will figure it out, I am sure.

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    Sean Williams perfectly captures how these first two games have gone for the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by zosostein View Post
    you are ignorant of all realities. you know not of what you speak. you are embarrassing yourself and your family. may god have mercy on you.

Sean Williams is the truth.

also our interior defense is frighteningly porous right now.

we will figure it out, I am sure.
    your defense will remain porous and this was against a Denver team that did not have a young Shaq/Hakeem. Delonte West should not be starting on an NBA defending champion, in fact he should be the 10-12th man on a good team and perhaps 8th man on a terrible team. Objective as always.

asshat MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10's Avatar

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Sean Williams perfectly captures how these first two games have gone for the Mavs.

Not suicidal enough.

asshat SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SullHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    your defense will remain porous and this was against a Denver team that did not have a young Shaq/Hakeem. Delonte West should not be starting on an NBA defending champion, in fact he should be the 10-12th man on a good team and perhaps 8th man on a terrible team. Objective as always.
    He was worrying about interior defense, when the nuggies just torched the mavs with two PGs.

That's sais, the dude that puked was killing birdman.

Went to the game tonight. Only positive things I saw were Sean Williams and some guy tebowing on the big screen.

Can any one explain what was happening at the Mavs bench with three minutes to go in the game? Denver was shooting free throws and the game came to a halt for like 5 minutes with no explanation.. Tv timeout?

Quote Originally Posted by PiGuy View Post
    Went to the game tonight. Only positive things I saw were Sean Williams and some guy tebowing on the big screen.

Can any one explain what was happening at the Mavs bench with three minutes to go in the game? Denver was shooting free throws and the game came to a halt for like 5 minutes with no explanation.. Tv timeout?
    Funniest moment of the game, by far, was when Williams, clearly not in the best basketball shape of his life, left the floor and puked in front of the bench. The entire Mavericks bench cleared and got a good laugh as the staff cleaned up. As Derek Harper cleverly noted, Williams left it on the floor tonight.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/12...-denver-113-93

Funniest moment of the game, by far, was when Williams, clearly not in the best basketball shape of his life, left the floor and puked in front of the bench. The entire Mavericks bench cleared and got a good laugh as the staff cleaned up. As Derek Harper cleverly noted, Williams left it on the floor tonight.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/12...-denver-113-93
    Haha awesome, thanks. That confirms my suspicions from the photos above

Quote Originally Posted by SullHorn View Post
    He was worrying about interior defense, when the nuggies just torched the mavs with two PGs.

That's sais, the dude that puked was killing birdman.
    shot blockers get most of their blocks against guys they aren't guarding. good centers patrol the rim and strike fear in any penetrating guard. they weren't raining in threes all night (though they got a few of those too)

Its gonna be a long season for the Mavs. They gave up the guys that had the most impact on moving them from a very good team to a championship caliber team. TThey are back to that no defense playing team that lost to GSW in the 1st round. Worse they are even older than they were last year. Not the best idea in this sprint shortened season.

I get what Cuban is doing though. He is trying to rebuild on the fly. Its just hard to watch a defending champ look awful but obviously its still early.

They plan to go very hard after Deron and Dwight in the off-season. If it works and they can add them and keep Dirk it will be great. If not,.......well it won't be.

asshat bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    Quote Originally Posted by da_clean_up_man View Post
    Its gonna be a long season for the Mavs. They gave up the guys that had the most impact on moving them from a very good team to a championship caliber team. TThey are back to that no defense playing team that lost to GSW in the 1st round. Worse they are even older than they were last year. Not the best idea in this sprint shortened season.

I get what Cuban is doing though. He is trying to rebuild on the fly. Its just hard to watch a defending champ look awful but obviously its still early.

They plan to go very hard after Deron and Dwight in the off-season. If it works and they can add them and keep Dirk it will be great. If not,.......well it won't be.
    agree with all this.

correct, paying money to garbage - and good point about toughness, these 3 additions of West, Odom, Carter are pussies
    Aww, look. Someone threw your dumb ass a bone.

asshat Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey's Avatar
    I knew we would have some bumps and bruises trying to make this work but never knew it would start off this bad. This has been horrible. They are not even competitive in these games.

I was watching Barea against OKC last night. Looked pretty good. Starting to miss his quickness and definitely Tyson's interior defense.

asshat UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD's Avatar
    Dirk is going to have to go into 'playoff' mode here pretty quick to just keep this team competitive. yeah, it's two games and they can't get any worse, right?, but damn. I have not seen a post title game collapse like this since, yeah....

asshat LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    I said in the old thread that we were going to struggle for the first 2 weeks while our older team gets their legs underneath them and the rotation is established. If this continues after that then I'll be on the panic bandwagon.

asshat RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson's Avatar
    SG seems to be the biggest rotation question mark. West replaced Carter at halftime of the Heat game. West started vs Denver and got benched in favor of Terry. I imagine Rick would prefer leaving JET as a bench option so I wouldn't be surprised to see Roddy or DoJo be given a crack at the starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    Losing Tyson (and to a lesser extent JJ, Caron, etc) was due to the new salary cap/luxury tax structure............Blaming Cuban is laughable, IMO.
    Citing Chandler walking due to salary cap/luxury tax.......while paying Vince Carter and Lamar Kardashian $25 million this year, that IMO is laughable.

Learned this weekend that supposedly Cuban offered Tyson $20 million / one year contract, yet Tyson chose longer term security. That true? If so, props to Cuban that was the right move. But he failed to seal the deal. Hell......if plan B is hand out $25 million for Carter and Kardashian, sweeten the offer to Chandler, $25 million, one year, opportunity to play with Dwight Howard next year, and be convincing and make it happen.

My point earlier is that when Cuban finally decides to be a little fiscally conservative, he does it at the wrong times.
    Last edited by To be named later; 12-27-2011 at 12:06 PM.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Lamar and Carter are both on basically one year guaranteed deals. Odom has a team option for $8mm next year, while Carter's cap hit after this year would be minimal if they decided to cut him. It was not a Tyson v Odom/Carter decision.

Cuban offered Tyson, JJ, and Butler one year deals.

asshat LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LurkingHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
    My point earlier is that when Cuban finally decides to be a little fiscally conservative, he does it at the wrong times.
    I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Are you going to say that if the Mavs somehow end up with Dwight Howard and Derron Williams next year? We are going to have a TON of money to spend next year and it was something that had to be done this year in order to make that happen. Also, we are paying Odom and Carter a combined $12 million this season. I don't know where you're getting the $25 mill from.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingHorn View Post
    I don't know where you're getting the $25 mill from.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...llas-mavericks

Actually my math was wrong, it is closer to $27 million.
    Last edited by To be named later; 12-27-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Citing Chandler walking due to salary cap/luxury tax.......while paying Vince Carter and Lamar Kardashian $25 million this year, that IMO is laughable.

Learned this weekend that supposedly Cuban offered Tyson $20 million / one year contract, yet Tyson chose longer term security. That true? If so, props to Cuban that was the right move. But he failed to seal the deal. Hell......if plan B is hand out $25 million for Carter and Kardashian, sweeten the offer to Chandler, $25 million, one year, opportunity to play with Dwight Howard next year, and be convincing and make it happen.

They wouldn't have Tyson and Dwight. Tyson would be a stop-gap for the lack of a better word until they can try to go after Dwight. No way would be able to pay or play Tyson and D12 together.

60M on the books for 4 years beats 20M and uncertainty after this season. Plus Tyson's stock was never going to be higher. This season he was the #1 or #2 best FA available. Wouldn't be that high on the list next year. I can't imagine many scenarios that Tyson would've accepted a one year deal when he had teams fighting to give him lucrative multi-year deals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...llas-mavericks

Actually my math was wrong, it is closer to $27 million.
    Mavs aren't paying VC 18M. He was amnestied by PHX. The vast majority of 18 will be coming from them. He signed a one year deal for about 3-4M IIRC.

My bad.....just read Carter came on a MLE.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    Aww, look. Someone threw your dumb ass a bone.
    you think West, Carter, and Odom are NOT soft? Better to run with 12 man regular season roster than to have these guys

Odom was probably the second best player on those Laker championship teams, and from everything I've read about West, soft is not a good description. He's probably the second best defender on the team. I'll give you that Carter is soft, but he was brought in to provide quality guard minutes, not be a shut down defender, nor close out games.

Closed Thread