+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jack Allen's Kitchen @ the Y (old Nunzia's location) - ???

asshat Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al's Avatar

Jack Allen's Kitchen @ the Y (old Nunzia's location) - ???

Anyone been? My mom heard the place in the Nunzia's building has good burgers. I looked it up and saw it's called Jack Allen's.

Thoughts? Reviews?

It's getting pretty good early reviews on yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/jack-allens-kitchen-austin

asshat El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo Shaggy Gold Club El Guapo's Avatar
    Nobody's been? I'm going there tomorrow night for a family dinner. Never heard of it before.

asshat MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan's Avatar
    I'm going on the 27th. Will report back.

asshat Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al Shaggy Gold Club Longhorn Al's Avatar
    My aunt has gone a couple of times. Said she really likes it, but I didn't get too many details from her.

asshat pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo's Avatar
    Went a couple weeks ago with some friends. Ever had to valet your car in Oak Hill? That was a first (but it was free, so whatever). Make a reservation as its clear by the crowd that Oak Hill is dying for a good restaurant. The food was really good. I had shrimp tacos, wife had veggie tacos, friend had grilled cheese (which looked really f'n good) and her husband had pork tenderloin stuffed with chorizo. Our server sucked but it seemed like she was just a little overwhelmed with all the tables she was working. We'll most likely be back.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    We did Nunzia's a few times; once was for the wife's office Christmas party about 4 years ago. Then visited 1x for "Senorita's" when it was a split restaurant (one side Senorita's, the other side something I don't recall).

Never could figure out why Nunzia's closed down or for that matter, what ever happened to "Y Bar & Grill".

Did you tip the valet?

I went to Nunzia's for their Sunday brunch. Disaster. That place was horrid. Bad food and stuck up service. We all commented they wouldn't last. Sure enough, their pretentious asses had to close shop.

I went last week for lunch. Ordered some sort of chicken nacho appetizer. It was fairly flavor-free, and overpriced. I wasn't impressed. It reminded me of the north Roaring Fork, but the food wasn't nearly as good.

I understand it was formed by the guy(s) who started Z Tejas? Similar menu.

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    Found this thread. I am going next weekend on Sunday night for our 5yr wedding anniversary. I have been wanting to go for a while. Looking forward to it. Sounds like he uses local ingredients and obviously should be pretty similar to Z Tejas. Looking forward to their NY Strip.

asshat Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor's Avatar
    Try to get there a little early. Best happy hour in city when it comes to appetizers. 1/2 price, and really, really good.

Their burger with jalapeno mayo is good. Their homemade pimento and cheese and chips is actually pretty good. I can't remember what everybody else had, but they all really liked it.

asshat phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    It was fairly flavor-free, and overpriced. I wasn't impressed.
    Went about 2 months ago. This is basically my reaction. Good, not memorable, steep for what you get (American/Southwestern influences).
    My thought after leaving was it was a pretty good meal, but I probably could have made the same thing myself and charged myself a lot less...

asshat MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MetallicInkwells is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Been a couple of times. CFS was good. I was a little hesitant about green chiles in the gravy, but they gave it a nice flavor. Second on the pimiento cheese.

Ever since that place opened, every time I drive by, that place is packed!

asshat MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkmanDan View Post
    I'm going on the 27th. Will report back.
    Well?

Quote Originally Posted by MilkmanDan View Post
    Well?
    Yes, do tell.

asshat dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme's Avatar
    I've been a couple of times now. Food was very good, like the poster above said, the happy hour is really strong. I would say it is a somewhat limited menu compared to Z Tejas, but everything that I've tried so far has been very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    Yes, do tell.
    I've been twice. Both times I've gotten pretty hammered so that probably colors my view of the food, but I have really enjoyed it across the board. The CFS NY strip was fantastic, and I'm sure the result of an arms escalation with the Z Tejas Chicken Fried Ribeye. The Blue Crab Gratin appetizer was tasty at first but then I made the mistake of letting it get cold.

They could probably drop prices between $1-3 per entree to make it feel like the right price point, but this area is so bereft of good restaurants they can still pack people in at their current level.

asshat VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d's Avatar
    I went for happy hour a few months ago and am possibly going soon again for a pre-grandmas-90th-birthday-party thing. I found it pretty appetizing. I had the quail something or other and it was quite flavorful. I live a fair distance away in north austin so it's not quite worth the trip regularly but if i'm that direction, the happy hour is a great deal.

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    Is the food better, worse or the same as Z Tejas in taste?

Just got back. I had the grilled NY Strip; wife had the chicken fried chicken. We had the salsa & chips. Salsa was excellent but a bit smokey. But still excellent.

I had the Pepperita drink. That was damn good.

I had the NY Strip med. rare and they cooked it perfectly to that. But I felt the outside was a bit too charred. Very good though. Wife's chicken fried chicken was excellent. Not greasy at all. My side was the King Ranch potato casserole. That was very good.

The only knock I had was I wish they had more fresh veggies. Their veggie of the day was tomato and cucumber salad but I asked what they had to go in mason jars (they sell those) and they only had beets and jalapenos. Wish they had better selection for that. Green beans for example are in season.

We will go again. I thought it was priced very well. I had the most expensive thing on the menu and that was only $20. Wife's plate was $11.
    Last edited by BearLakeHorn; 08-08-2010 at 10:12 PM.

We went tonight (Sunday night) at 7pm. 15min wait and we did not have to valet. They have an outdoor bar as well as the one indoors.

asshat Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five's Avatar
    Going there tomorrow night. Jeans? Slacks? Oak Hill and it doesn't matter?

asshat OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn grows his own roses OakHill Horn's Avatar
    Wear whatever you want, its Oak Hill. The wife and I ate there last Friday evening. We got there for happy hour (half off appetizers and a drink discount). It was damn good for this neck of the woods.

asshat Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor Shaggy Gold Club Wally Pryor's Avatar
    It's Austin. Wear whatever you want. It doesn't matter. If it does to the restaurant, tell them to relocate to another city.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
    Wear a Tux man, go classy!

asshat Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Red Five's Avatar
    Overpriced.

But my shrimp tacos were good.

i wore jeans & a polo.

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar
    I just ate there for the first time at a surprise birthday party. It was pretty good. Decent $#@!tails. Everything was reasonably priced. We were in a large group and I was annoyed how long it took for people to start ordering food so I ordered a bunch of appetizers for our table to get it going. I had 2 beers and 2 $#@!tails. Wife had a beer and 2 meximarts. We both had entrees. I was expecting a $150+ tab because I picked up most of the first round of apps but my bill ended up only being about 90. I was very surprised. Appetizers are reasonably priced and entrees aren't really that bad either.

The food was a 7/10 but really was more like a 9/10 considering the prices. I'll go back.

asshat MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111 grows his own roses MAC8111's Avatar
    It's ZTejas in a different location.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    I had never heard of this place and went tonight and enjoyed it.
    Any place with a "chicken fried" section of the menu is good with me.
    I had the pork tenderloin stuffed with chorizo and it was great.

The chicken fried beef rib is great.

asshat Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain Shaggy Gold Club Legacy of Kain's Avatar
    They posted on FB that they're bringing back the Navajo Chicken Tacos for lunch for anybody who's a fan (like me). If you've never had them, they are one of my top 10-15 individual dishes in Austin.

bunghole L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard. L Jefe slams and goes hard.
    Jack Gilmore was the original chef of Z Tejas for 20yrs. He has a more famous son, Bryce Gilmore, that started Odd Duck Trailer (soon to open in a brick and mortar off South Lamar) and Barley Swine. Jack is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...just good people. He has a Round Rock location that is just as busy as his place in the Y.
    If you're down by the stadium today, Jack tailgates in the pink lot with the Cover 3 boys (State Farm tent). They dish up some good grub.

asshat phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn's Avatar
    I live out near Jack Allen's. Been there twice.

My take is that the food is really good but not fancy, and I can cook most of it myself a lot cheaper.

That said, the place has ALWAYS been packed since it opened 4 years ago, they're obviously making a good living there.

(oops just looked back up in the thread and I posted almost this exactly about 3 years ago!)

also, csb, about 20 years ago I went to Z Tejas and got food poisoning, never went back. I know it's great and most here have enjoyed the food there, etc. but you know how it goes... for me personally, poison me once, shame on you, poison me twice, shame on me. So I've never been back.
    Last edited by phdhorn; 11-16-2013 at 10:38 AM.

I'm surprised by the overpriced talk in this thread. I haven't been in a few years since I don't live out there anymore, but I always thought the prices seemed reasonable for what you got. Looking over the menu just now and I gotta say the prices seem very reasonable compared to what I see living up here in shiny shirt land.

Did anyone eat at the place that was original there? I forget the name, something "at the Y" or some $#@!, now that place was overpriced. Why someone thought that would be a good location for a higher end restaurant I'll never know.

asshat Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain's Avatar
    Jack Allen's is my go to spot.

asshat formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club formermav43 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Covri View Post
    I'm surprised by the overpriced talk in this thread. I haven't been in a few years since I don't live out there anymore, but I always thought the prices seemed reasonable for what you got. Looking over the menu just now and I gotta say the prices seem very reasonable compared to what I see living up here in shiny shirt land.
    I agree, I don't think the pricing is out of line at all.

Overdue for a menu refresh

asshat SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SizzleChest's Avatar
    Are you saying there's something wrong with my gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    also, csb, about 20 years ago I went to Z Tejas and got food poisoning, never went back. I know it's great and most here have enjoyed the food there, etc. but you know how it goes... for me personally, poison me once, shame on you, poison me twice, shame on me. So I've never been back.
    Pussy.

asshat fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. fluff can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
    Overdue for a menu refresh
    We go there quite a bit so I somewhat agree. Their specials are usually pretty darn solid and find myself ordering one of the specials > 50% of the time.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    I forgot the best part

We were sitting at the bar getting a $#@!tail waiting for the others to arrive and a lively cougar was sitting next to us. She was talking very loudly with some other ladies at the other end of the bar. She announced in a very loud voice to no one in particular that we are now going to talk about $#@!. The bartender came over and told her it's 5 o'clock. She said ok and toned it down for a while which made me think this was not the first time something like this had occurred.

My cousin's girlfriend showed up a little later and her, my wife and the cougar started talking about lipstick and the cougar asked my cousin's girlfriend if she had sucked $#@! wearing that lipstick and if it came off during said act. She had and it did not were the answers to the questions, and on that note we went and got a table.

asshat utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utee05 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Been to the Round Rock location for brunch and really enjoy it. Great deal and good bloody marys. Also tried the Oak Hill location when it first opened up for lunch and the burger was pretty good from what I recall.

asshat Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain's Avatar
    Yep, pretty much $#@! for selection in RR. I bring my vendors there. I havent paid for a meal there in over a year.

asshat Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    I went to Nunzia's for their Sunday brunch. Disaster. That place was horrid. Bad food and stuck up service. We all commented they wouldn't last. Sure enough, their pretentious asses had to close shop.
    We went to Nunzia's a few years ago for my brothers b day, there was four of us. Everyone's food was decent but mine. I made the mistake of ordering the braised venison. The waiter came out with his tray of food and started serving us and when he lifted the third plate up, my bowl of dog $#@!, in diarrhea sauce, still on the tray, tipped off the the end, fell to the floor and the $#@! went everywhere. All over the floor, some ended up in our wine glasses, which we had them replace, and our waiter freaked the $#@! out, which we then had to calm him down. Some super flamboyant ghey guy having a panic attack, saying his boss is going to kill him.

The manager came out bitched the waiter out, we had to tell the manager to take it easy on him, $#@! happens. Then comes the real problem, in order to make this dog $#@! meal it takes 40 minutes. So I had to wait another 40 minutes, so everyone else was done eating they finally bring me food and I take a bite. I waited 2 $#@!ing hours for this meal only to come to the realization that it was dog $#@!. Worst expensive meal ever. The venison, if it was actually venison, was so over cooked, it might as well have been beef tips.

With all the $#@! that went down I was almost certain our dinner would be free, nope, they were like here's a round of free drinks and a free dessert. I wanted to bitch the $#@! out of the place but since it was a birthday meal and everyone else seemed pleased I let it go. I guess the one upside to this all is each time we go out for another birthday someone always brings up that one time at Nunzia's.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I forgot the best part

We were sitting at the bar getting a $#@!tail waiting for the others to arrive and a lively cougar was sitting next to us. She was talking very loudly with some other ladies at the other end of the bar. She announced in a very loud voice to no one in particular that we are now going to talk about $#@!. The bartender came over and told her it's 5 o'clock. She said ok and toned it down for a while which made me think this was not the first time something like this had occurred.

My cousin's girlfriend showed up a little later and her, my wife and the cougar started talking about lipstick and the cougar asked my cousin's girlfriend if she had sucked $#@! wearing that lipstick and if it came off during said act. She had and it did not were the answers to the questions, and on that note we went and got a table.
    Pics?

Head White Devil rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic's Avatar
    When does their Happy Hour run?

nm, found it

Drink: $1 off all drinks; $4 off bottled wines
    Food: 1/2 off appetizers
    Weekends 3pm-5pm
    Mon-Fri 3pm-7pm
    Last edited by rage-a-holic; 01-08-2014 at 11:51 PM.

HH is a great time to go. Get the bacon wrapped Texas quail.

asshat cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn GORN cajunhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    I live out near Jack Allen's. Been there twice.

My take is that the food is really good but not fancy, and I can cook most of it myself a lot cheaper.

That said, the place has ALWAYS been packed since it opened 4 years ago, they're obviously making a good living there.

(oops just looked back up in the thread and I posted almost this exactly about 3 years ago!)

It really isn't.

asshat 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five Shaggy Gold Club 4th&Five's Avatar
    i thought only tourists ate at z tejas.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast