+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My weight loss thread

asshat Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    I'm learning a lot about how to not eat bad stuff. How to say no to cravings. I think it's helping quite a bit. I've only been on this diet for close to 4 weeks, but I've been eating better and losing weight since January 2nd. I know I need to eat fats, carbs, protein, etc. I plan on doing so like I was prior to starting this current regimen. But I committed to giving this a try, and I plan on sticking it out two more weeks. The testosterone shots will continue past the end of the diet phase. They are two different programs.

This isn't a long term diet. It is supposed to reset your metabolism. My BMR was about 2200. Based on my age and size, it should have been about 3000. This program is trying to get my body to work like it should. I'm sticking with it.

When it's over, I will pick up my exercise where I left off. I'll be able to eat more calories, so I'll be able to exercise a lot more. I was doing over an hour before I started this. I'm going to vary it. Not just walking. I'm buying a bike and will do some other things as well.

I totally understand y'alls concerns over this diet. It is definitely different and controversial to some. But I feel good. Actually, I'm feeling pretty damn good. My mind is clearer than it's been in years. I get pretty good sleep. I'm not getting groggy at work from a lack of energy.

They say they want me to take 4 weeks off and restart the diet again. I'm leaning toward taking more than 4 weeks off. I want to see how my body has adjusted for longer than that. I want to exercise and eat right on my own with the aid of the testosterone, and see how much I can lose.

asshat DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan grows his own roses DexterMorgan's Avatar
    Which ketogenic diet is this (again)?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    First of all, the pizza comment was hyperbole. I've never eaten an entire pizza.

And I haven't fallen off the wagon once. I've slipped. There's a difference. Falling off would be eating something that is strictly forbidden on the diet. I haven't done that. Last night I ate grilled chicken. The bad decision was where I got it from because it was almost 9pm and I only get 30 minutes for lunch break. I didn't eat the biscuit or the sides. I had the will power not to. When I ate a lot on a Sunday, as you mention, it was before this current diet. I haven't done that on this diet.

The low testosterone is likely affected by lack of exercise, but a lack of exercise would not allow mine to drop to the levels it's at now. My dad is 65 years old and doesn't exercise and his levels are more than double mine. And his have dropped almost 200 points while aging. That is how low mine are. It's not really my sex drive that is being affected. I was a horny teen/20s guy just like anyone else. It has affected my weight this whole time. And now that I've lived with it so long, it's starting to screw with my memory and energy.
    That's because your obesity (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) has worn on your brain cells. I have a friend who is a neurologist and he's done a lot of work about the prolonged effects of obesity and related health problems on the brain. Basically, if you're overweight, diabetic, with high BP and cholesterol, you have a 50% chance of being demented at 65, which isn't that old. In short, he said the reason is that with ailments like that, it puts strain on the arteries and blood vessels in the brain. He said BP meds don't make it better, either. They don't allow enough blood pressure to the brain.

He said what scared him in his findings is that the damage is irreversible. So, even if you lose a bunch of weight in your 40's and 50's, you've only mitigated future damage.

So, that's likely why your memory is shaky and you're only 28.

Sorry to be an $#@! but you've fought against exercising this entire thread and then you magically found a diet that doesn't allow you to exercise. My advice is you start getting serious about this before it's too late.

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    What the $#@! is the matter with you? Nice medical opinion there, Dr. Hawking. Sounds like you know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    eat beef 5 to 6 days a week and I'm still dropping fat.
    Yeah, but soon to be gaining the cancer and heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    What ketogenic diet prohibits fat consumption?
    The one where Al mixed it with a low fat diet thinking he could double his results.

Seriously Al, you need the fats.

asshat ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Fresh Breath View Post
    Yeah, but soon to be gaining the cancer and heart disease.
    Well, I'm fast approaching 10% body fat (my goal is sub-8% bf), I eat a ton of leafy green vegetables, fruit and all my beef is grass fed. My blood cholesterol, measured a few months ago, is extremely low.

The link between beef, saturated fat and heart disease is so tenuous, it is the definition of junk science. But keep following the conventional wisdom. No skin off my back.

It's gonna be funny watching all the vegans' bones crumble to dust in their 40s and 50s as I'm still rock climbing in my 90s.

Al,

Are you under the direction of a physician for this? Have you thought to seek medical advice? I hate to read some of these posts that may to you appear to be attacks. They are anything but that. I am extremely leery of "diet without exercise". It won't work long term. Period.

asshat Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Buddha View Post
    That's because your obesity (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) has worn on your brain cells. I have a friend who is a neurologist and he's done a lot of work about the prolonged effects of obesity and related health problems on the brain. Basically, if you're overweight, diabetic, with high BP and cholesterol, you have a 50% chance of being demented at 65, which isn't that old. In short, he said the reason is that with ailments like that, it puts strain on the arteries and blood vessels in the brain. He said BP meds don't make it better, either. They don't allow enough blood pressure to the brain.

He said what scared him in his findings is that the damage is irreversible. So, even if you lose a bunch of weight in your 40's and 50's, you've only mitigated future damage.

So, that's likely why your memory is shaky and you're only 28.

Sorry to be an $#@! but you've fought against exercising this entire thread and then you magically found a diet that doesn't allow you to exercise. My advice is you start getting serious about this before it's too late.
    I don't have high blood pressure. My cholesterol hovers around 100 total. I don't have diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
    Al,

Are you under the direction of a physician for this? Have you thought to seek medical advice? I hate to read some of these posts that may to you appear to be attacks. They are anything but that. I am extremely leery of "diet without exercise". It won't work long term. Period.
    Yes I'm under a physician's care. I've said that a couple times already. This isn't directed totally at you, Amber Lamps, but it seems like people don't read my posts, or just skip over them so they can talk. Kinda like a woman who doesn't really listen because she's just waiting for a pause where she can start yapping.

Had my 4 week weigh in today and I requested a body comp. In a couple days short of 4 weeks, I have lost 20 lbs of fat, 3 lbs of water and 2 lbs of muscle. My BMI dropped 3 points. My body fat % dropped 2 points.

The hormone therapy I'm on triggers my body to release fat stores to supplement my intake. They claim the body will release up to 2,000 calories of fat a day on this. That's really not that shocking since I've been losing almost a pound a day. And obviously I'm not going 100% without fat if I'm eating meat. They just don't want me adding to it by cooking in oil or eating dressing, dairy, etc.
    Last edited by Longhorn Al; 03-07-2012 at 02:44 PM.

asshat ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax's Avatar
    What is your BMI at, if you don't mind saying?

It's high. Currently 45.

Today's weigh in (lbs):

Total weight: 334.7
    Skeletal muscle mass: 107.6
    Body fat mass: 147.5

Total Body Water: 137.4
    Dry Lean Mass: 49.8

Body fat to lose based on my body comp goal: 114.6
    Last edited by Longhorn Al; 03-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.

4 weeks ago it was something like...

Total: 359
    Muscle: 109.8
    Fat: 166 or so

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    My weight loss/management tools:
    -Elliptical Machine with calorie counter set up in front of TV with headphones (so I can't hear the damn machine) good for 600 cals in 30 mins. I can do up to an hour and a half comfortably, especially if football is on.
    -LoseIt app
    -Withings scale (wifi, auto updates LoseIt). Measure every day, first thing in the morning. Awesome to see a year of your weight/fat on a graph
    -Always walk when golfing (~1800 calories)
    -Never waste calories on drinks (go through at least 5 Dt Dr Peppers a day)
    -Lose no more than 3 pounds a week (for health and $#@!ing sanity)

Went from 260 to 190 over 9 month period a few years ago. Now stay between 195 and 205. Eat a $#@!load of fast food, but know what my cap is for the day with LoseIt and if I ever overshoot, I go work it off on the elliptical.
    Last edited by lurch; 03-07-2012 at 03:00 PM.

asshat texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago's Avatar
    (go through at least 5 Dt Dr Peppers a day)
    I know they're diet and all but that's not good for you.

"Data from this and other prospective studies suggest that the promotion of diet sodas as healthy alternatives may be ill-advised" Dr. Helen Hazuda, professor of medicine at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, said in a written statement. "They may be free of calories, but not of consequences."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...soda-drinkers/

The analysis, published online in The Journal of General Internal Medicine, included 2,564 adults over 40 living in Manhattan. Researchers found that diet and regular soft drink consumption were both associated with a number of risk factors for cardiovascular disease.

Even after controlling for many of those risks, including diabetes, the researchers found that daily consumption of diet soda was still independently associated with an increased risk for stroke, heart attack and death.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/he...ml?_r=1&src=tp

The study, which was cited in EatingWell magazine, was done at The University of Texas. It showed that people who drank two or more diet sodas daily had a six-times-greater increase in waist circumference at the end of the 10-year study span those who didn't drink diet soda at all.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_1...o-weight-gain/

asshat bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    I don't have high blood pressure. My cholesterol hovers around 100 total. I don't have diabetes.
    Al- question about your cholesterol- isn't that hypocholesterolemia? Is there a metabolic link between your low cholesterol and your low T?

bozo...excellent question. I have no idea. I will have to ask the doctors. I'm looking the subject up right now.

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    On this diet, I'm losing at a rate of 1 lb a day.
    Wait, this can't be right, can it? That's 3500 calories short of your metobolic rate without exercise. How many calories a day are you eating and whats your metobolic rate? SIAP

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax
    I lose about 1.5 to 2lbs a day
    And this just flat out isnt possible unless you weigh 600 and starve yourself or excercise 3+ hours a day

asshat bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova's Avatar
    It could be that you just have very low cholesterol and that's fine, but you need you liver to produce enough cholesterol to fulfill your body's needs. That amount may be enough, but the number is SO low it may have a relationship with something else.

My BMR is 2200. I'm eating about 500-700 a day. That's only a deficit of 1700 max per day, or half a pound. The rest is my body releasing its fat stores to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by bozo_casanova View Post
    It could be that you just have very low cholesterol and that's fine, but you need you liver to produce enough cholesterol to fulfill your body's needs. That amount may be enough, but the number is SO low it may have a relationship with something else.
    Yeah, after reading a little, it's a bit worrisome. I need to talk to my internist soon and see what he thinks about it.

One thing though, I usually have my blood done after I start a diet. Maybe my normal levels are a bit higher, but I don't see how they could be a LOT higher. I don't eat fried chicken and donuts everyday.

My BMR is 2200. I'm eating about 500-700 a day. That's only a deficit of 1700 max per day, or half a pound. The rest is my body releasing its fat stores to compensate.
    Is there an article you could point me to that discusses this particular program? By "releasing its fat stores" that means burning or $#@!ting. Unless you're $#@!ting a half pound extra every day, you're body has to be burning 75% more energy somehow. Is your heart rate through the roof, is your breathing doubled? Are your muscles constantly firring? Ie, Where is that energy being used? It doesn't just vaporize. The basic laws of thermodynamics are in play here.

I mentioned earlier I'm on a cleanser as well. I take it morning and night. So yeah, there's more $#@!ting. But nothing too crazy.

My heartrate and breathing is normal. I sleep fine. I'm not amped up.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    And this just flat out isnt possible unless you weigh 600 and starve yourself or excercise 3+ hours a day
    Well, I don't weight 600lbs but I am starving myself and I am working out 3+ hours each day.

About 5 days each week I eat nothing until dinner, at which I eat a normal sized meal. I usually throw in a mini-cheat day in the middle of the week where I eat close to normal and 1 big cheat day when I eat a lot to keep my leptin levels in check.

I lift (heavy) and do short interval cardio early in the morning (1.5 hours) and then after work I do 45 minutes intense cardio followed by 1.25 hours of steady state cardio (2 hours total). I'm on a two day split so my week looks like this: lift/cardio, lift/cardio, cardio, lift/cardio, lift/cardio, cardio, rest.

I have to time my rest day to coincide with my cheat day because all that eating makes me $#@!ing sluggish as $#@!. I've gotten so used to fasting that I prefer fasting to overeating.

It's extreme but my goals are extreme. And this is short term, and it's going to end at the end of April. This is my one time surge to get into $#@!ing fantastic aesthetic shape. I've always been in great athletic shape but I've always had some excess body fat. I want to LOOK like a $#@!ing god and I'm gonna drive myself to get there this year if it kills me.
    Last edited by ajax; 03-07-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Well, I don't weight 600lbs but I am starving myself and I am working out 3+ hours each day.

About 5 days each week I eat nothing until dinner, at which I eat a normal sized meal. I usually throw in a mini-cheat day in the middle of the week where I eat close to normal and 1 big cheat day when I eat a lot to keep my leptin levels in check.

I lift (heavy) and do short interval cardio early in the morning (1.5 hours) and then after work I do 45 minutes intense cardio followed by 1.25 hours of steady state cardio (2 hours total). I'm on a two day split so my week looks like this: lift/cardio, lift/cardio, cardio, lift/cardio, lift/cardio, cardio, rest.

I have to time my rest day to coincide with my cheat day because all that eating makes me $#@!ing sluggish as $#@!. I've gotten so used to fasting that I prefer fasting to overeating.

It's extreme but my goals are extreme. And this is short term, and it's going to end at the end of April. This is my one time surge to get into $#@!ing fantastic aesthetic shape. I've always been in great athletic shape but I've always had some excess body fat. I want to LOOK like a $#@!ing god and I'm gonna drive myself to get there this year if it kills me.
    Goddamn. That would do it. Goddamn.

What are you going to do when Grendel says yes? I keeed, I keeed.

Give it time. Unless you get this under control, you'll have all of the above by the time you're 40.

My BMR is 2200.
    btw, that sounds low for your weight
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Buddha View Post
    Give it time. Unless you get this under control, you'll have all of the above by the time you're 40.
    I know that. That's why I'm doing this. I've stated as much. I made that post because you said I probably have them and they're to blame for some of my problems. I just wanted to say that I don't have those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    btw, that sounds low for your weight
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Yeah, I said that earlier today. It's supposed to be almost 3000. It's low because my thyroid and testosterone levels are $#@!.

Asked a girl from work to go with me to the upcoming Nascar race. I knew she had no interest in Nascar. She's also on my team, so it'd be awkward if I got shot down and had to see her everyday. But I said what the hell. She said yes. I just hope she's able to. She has an early morning baking gig a few nights every week. UT grad and 3 years younger than me instead of 8 years older like my previous g/f. We'll see how it goes.

I mention this here because weight loss is directly related to my emotions. I've been down, and now I'm hoping to bounce back a little. More motivation never hurts.

Still down about 45 lbs total. The weight loss part of the program is over for at least 4 weeks. I'm still on the testosterone. I go tomorrow to review my blood test and see how it's changed in 6 weeks of therapy/vitamins.

I joined Planet Fitness today before work. I'll be going there after work each night (2:30am) or so, and working out for 1-1.5 hours. Lift weights for 30 minutes and cardio for 30-60 minutes. The doc puts a lot more emphasis on weight lifting.

PF isn't the greatest gym, but it's cheap. Lifetime looks amazing, but I'm not paying $70 a month. PF is only $10.83 a month with a $39 yearly payment. I got the cheapest because I don't need access to any others, I don't have guests coming with me at 3am and I don't need tanning or massage chair access. Tanning? gtfo

I've taken a bit of a break from the diet and been eating whatever I want for a few days. Now that I'm getting back into working out, I will buckle down on the eating again. I haven't been eating tubs of ice cream or anything. I've been eating a lot of sandwiches. Craving the carbs. I've stayed away from milk and sodas still, so that has helped. I want to lose another 28 lbs before Memorial Day.

asshat OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OakHill Horn's Avatar
    Good job, Al. Keep it up.

Al, did you ever get an answer about the cholesterol - Testosterone relationship? It's none of my business, I just think it's interesting.

The doctor didn't know off hand. But from what I can tell from my little bit of research online is there really hasn't been all that much research done at all. He said it was interesting and he'd look into it. I'll have to follow up with him and see if he remembered to (doubtful).

Good job Al.

I'm on my last 10 to 12 lbs to lose and needless to say my progress has slowed to a crawl. Losing that last bit of body fat...I feel like I have to completely kick my ass for even a little bit of improvement.

I still have 5 weeks left to hit my goal so there's that.

asshat Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Apparently I was reading my scale wrong, so my starting point was higher than I thought. Weekends have been mostly failures, but weekdays have been good. I have lost about 10 lbs, would like 10-15 more to be where I was a few years back. No time table and I guess that is a good thing since I keep $#@!ing up the weekends.

asshat utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    I started doing a leangains type diet.

Have lost about 5 lbs so far.

You're already skinny. Did you fatten up?

asshat updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses
    Pretty impressive Al, keep it up.

The key is that even when you aren't going 100% keep doing something. It's ok to cheat here and there

asshat utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. utexas_61 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    You're already skinny. Did you fatten up?

I bit more plump than I like.

asshat The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Eyes's Avatar
    keep up the fight.

asshat bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bikerack's Avatar
    Hit my goal of losing 25 lbs last week (since Christmas). Set a new goal of another 15 lbs (to get down to 215) by July.

asshat BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BigHerm24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    pricey, but excellent, healthy grub. (not pricey per serving really, but to eat all the time it gets out of hand quickly)
    This stuff works if you stick to it. And yes, it gets pricey - 21 dya challenge is in the $550 range, but you will lose weight quickly if you eat this stuff and work out.

Got my blood test results back today. They weren't as great as we expected after 6 weeks of shots. The doc thinks he knows why, so I had another blood test today.

My total cholesterol dropped to 93 from 100. My blood sugar is down to 82 from 95. The 90-day average of sugar in the hemoglobin dropped from 5.3 to 5.1 (he said that's great).

Free testosterone went from 219 to 335. A nice jump, but they want me closer to 1,000. He said all three of my throid levels dropped instead of increasing. He's seen it a few times on this diet. Apparently, my thyroid is apt to producing Reverse T3. When I go on a restricted calorie diet, the Reverse T3 starts getting pumped out and it tells my body to retain fat. Even though I was taking thyroid pills to increase the production of good T3 that would help increase my testosterone levels, it was being overcome by the Reverse stuff. The blood test will confirm the levels of Reverse T3. Then we will alter the dosage to get it under control.

I was still able to lose 32 lbs on their diet. He said it could have been even more if not for this thyroid issue.

Last night was my first night lifting in a long time. Easing my way into it.

Machine curls
    Dumbell curls
    Barbell curls
    Barbell shrugs
    Dumbell bent rows
    Lat pulldowns

30 minutes on the stationary bike at about 21mph.

I plan on doing at least 30 minutes a night of cardio. I want to switch between the bike, treadmill and elliptical. Monday will be back/biceps, obviously. Wednesday chest/triceps. Friday legs/shoulders.

Why so many curls?

My question as well. Curls won't help you lose weight, they won't make you strong, and they wont boost testosterone. Squats and Deadlifts will do all three, as will pushups, turkish getups and kettleBell swings.

I like the cardio for you however.

What else does biceps?

Mon: biceps/back
    Wed: triceps/chest
    Fri: legs/shoulders

That's why I didn't do squats. Yesterday was biceps and back, so I did curls. I looked online for different lifts that target the biceps, and they were all curl related.

What else does biceps?

Mon: biceps/back
    Wed: triceps/chest
    Fri: legs/shoulders

That's why I didn't do squats. Yesterday was biceps and back, so I did curls. I looked online for different lifts that target the biceps, and they were all curl related.
    Al, that's a bodybuilding program. It's not a good fit for you right now, and targeting is BS anyway.
    You need a full body, compound program three times a week.

Do this program for a few weeks- alternate between 4X10 and 3X15 with a 45-60 sec rest between sets.

Superset
    Squats (prisoner squats or goblet squats until you can go ass to grass with good form)
    Bent over Rows (also grows bicep!)

Superset
    Pushups (also grows bicep!)
    Good morning

Superset
    Chinup/pulldown (also grows bicep!)
    push press

Finish with 2 farmers walk and 2 60 sec planks.

bunghole gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? gregdavisnumber1OC's Avatar
    Behind the wheel of the powerful 2010 Texas offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
    Lots of veggies will do wonders... also think about supplementing some meals with fresh vegetable juice.

Might find some motivation here

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

...regarding some of the personal issues, best of luck and sorry to hear of your difficulties. Your goal and weight loss management will help you stay focused on something else for the time being
    anyone looking to drop some weight should make time to check this out. get outta my face, nigga. i'm makin juice, awright?

+ Reply to Thread