+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Houston Astros Thread

asshat thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid's Avatar
    Cust got a hit today, bringing his spring average to .040

the godfather HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    apparently the angels have emerged as a "surprise" leader to sign oswalt.

strange it's taken him so long to find a home, but i would've bet on boston.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGandorf View Post
    apparently the angels have emerged as a "surprise" leader to sign oswalt.

strange it's taken him so long to find a home, but i would've bet on boston.
    $#@! the angels

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club
    If Carpenter's injury lingers, they'll meet his price.

the godfather HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    yeah, any team that plays the reds that often should've paid him by now.

or maybe not.

Roy Oswalt

Angels GM Jerry Dipoto told reporters Saturday that his club is not in pursuit of Roy Oswalt.
    "I can't qualify for everything you hear," Dipoto said. "But I can say that we're quite happy with the way our starting pitchers have thrown this spring and the way they've developed." Garret Richards appears likely to open the season as the Angels' fifth starter, and Jerome Williams will be an option for that role as well once his hamstring strain heals.

Weiland had another solid outing yesterday. 5 IP, 2 ER in a no-decision. He's 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA this spring, with batters posting only a .217 BA against. I've got to think that as of right now, he's the guy to beat for the final rotation spot right now. Lyles has had a rough spring and Zach Duke is Zach Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Field View Post
    Weiland had another solid outing yesterday. 5 IP, 2 ER in a no-decision. He's 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA this spring, with batters posting only a .217 BA against. I've got to think that as of right now, he's the guy to beat for the final rotation spot. Lyles has had a rough spring and Zach Duke is Zach Duke.
    Haha, just after I posted this I looked up the gametracker for today's split squad games. Duke got absolutely murdered by the Braves. 3.1 IP, 8 H, 10 ER, 3 HR. He's 0-3 with an 11.8 ERA this spring.

asshat swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie grows his own roses swonie's Avatar
    Zach should not starts

asshat thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid's Avatar
    Haha, just after I posted this I looked up the gametracker for today's split squad games. Duke got absolutely murdered by the Braves. 3.1 IP, 8 H, 10 ER, 3 HR. He's 0-3 with an 11.8 ERA this spring.
    Corch on the mound?

asshat Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps's Avatar
    I never really liked dudes named Zach anyway....well except for Morris

Chapman's stat line today.

.1IP 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 0SO 1HR 27.00ERA

chris johnson had his 4th homer today. would love it if the light just turned on for him this season. sending paredes down should give him the vote of confidence he needs.

asshat Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps's Avatar

The Dude imbibes drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    I wonder how this impacts them keeping one of the Rule 5 pick-ups, who were likely headed back to their former teams as recently as a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraps View Post
    "we wanted to give him the opportunity to pursue a major league job elsewhere because it didn’t look like he was going to make our club.”

LOL. If you can't cut it with the Astros, you're probably not going to make it anywhere else.

Astros were down 5-0 and now up 9-5 in the 4th

Astros were down 5-0 and now up 9-5 in the 4th
    Wandy got beat up in the the first 2 innings but has settled down nicely while the bats came alive. Gotta love spring training baseball. Bogusevic started the game at .178 and after a double and HR he's up to .211.

I'm liking what we're seeing from the infield starters so far:

Castro .323
    Lee .333
    Altuve. .278
    Lowrie .333
    Johnson .326

Not really much news but Wandy named Opening Day starter

asshat PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT's Avatar
    i never listen to bob and dan on 1310 the ticket
    astros episode of "30 clubs in 30 days" airs on mlb network tonight at 7pm central and again at midnight.

Wandy got beat up in the the first 2 innings but has settled down nicely while the bats came alive. Gotta love spring training baseball. Bogusevic started the game at .178 and after a double and HR he's up to .211.

I'm liking what we're seeing from the infield starters so far:

Castro .323
    Lee .333
    Altuve. .278
    Lowrie .333
    Johnson .326
    Outfield not looking bad either.

asshat PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT grows his own roses PhatAtUT's Avatar
    a necrobump in GM steakhouse reminded me that Astrohorn2001 hasnt posted in forever. anyone know what happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by PhatAtUT View Post
    a necrobump in GM steakhouse reminded me that Astrohorn2001 hasnt posted in forever. anyone know what happened to him?
    Putt prob does.....i think he may of gotten married so his life is pretty much over

bunghole abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Surprised by the move to send Bixler down today. I'm guessing that means they will keep Marwin Gonzales and Matt Downs as back-up infielders (no one left but Gonzales to back up Lowrie). The numbers game there means Brett Wallace is headed to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by abcd View Post
    Surprised by the move to send Bixler down today. I'm guessing that means they will keep Marwin Gonzales and Matt Downs as back-up infielders (no one left but Gonzales to back up Lowrie). The numbers game there means Brett Wallace is headed to OKC.
    I'm thinking Wallace is staying and Gonzales is gone. Wallace can play 3B and 1B. Downs can play the middle spots if necessary.
    Last edited by Storm the Field; 03-28-2012 at 12:49 PM.

The Dude imbibes drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. drew corleone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    I'd be surprised to see Gonzalez stick.

has wallace played any 3B this spring? he didnt play one inning there in 2010 or 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatAtUT View Post
    has wallace played any 3B this spring? he didnt play one inning there in 2010 or 2011.
    Yep.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Get in shape? Check.

Make the Opening Day roster? Not yet.

Brett Wallace entered Spring Training in better shape than ever before, losing 15 pounds and accomplishing his first goal for the upcoming year. Next on his to-do-list is to secure an infield spot with the Houston Astros.

Used primarily as a first baseman in the past, Wallace has been spending time this camp at third base, a position he played in both Triple-A and college. The transition so far has been relatively easy for the 25-year-old, who now feels at home at both corners of the infield.

"I think the biggest thing was just getting back and being used to being on the other side of the diamond," Wallace said. "You go left more, the angles are the exact opposite, so getting over there and just trying to get used to the angles again was probably the hardest part.

"Really, it just takes time and work to get out there and kind of see the ball again on that side, and make it become second nature. I feel like I'm finally getting there and I've felt pretty good since that's happened."

Astros manager Brad Mills has been impressed thus far with Wallace's performance at his new position, though he admits that the third baseman hasn't faced any real challenges yet.

"He's done a pretty good job at third base," Mills said. "You look back at the games that he's played down there and he's done a pretty good job. I don't think there's been a lot of, he hasn't been tested a lot down there, but he's handled everything so far that's been hit down there. And through all the drills and everything he's looked good and paid attention, so we're always kind of looking to see when he is going to get tested."

With four starts at the hot corner and action in five games at first base through 13 Grapefruit League contests, Wallace has become equally comfortable at both positions.
    Looks like Johnson is 3B1 to start the season, but I don't think they want to give up on Wallace just yet.

cust signed a minor league deal with the yankees.

He and Bill Hall can hang out.

asshat mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2's Avatar
    showin' naked ass in the great state of Texas
    wallace $#@!ing sucks.

Getting a little dinged up here at the end of Spring Training. Schafer's hand is taking longer to heal than originally planned and it looks like he'll be out for at least the rest of the week. Lowrie sprained his thumb on a pick-off move today and will be out at least 3 or 4 games. If they need to sit it out until Opening Day that's fine with me.

Livan not looking so hot out there right now.

Castro's having to pull some Spider-Man moves to prevent passed balls.

Edit: He just gave up a grand slam on a hanging curve that I could hit.
    Last edited by thewacokid; 03-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Livan has been released according to Footer.

so weiland and lyles make rotation?

Or Weiland and Harrell?

Sounds like Weiland and Lyles. Have to figure that 5th starter will be a moving target.

I think Harrell is out of options so it would make more sense to me for Lyles to go down. I can't see them putting Harrell on waivers.

I think Harrell is out of options so it would make more sense to me for Lyles to go down. I can't see them putting Harrell on waivers.
    mctaggart agrees with you.

bunghole abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? abcd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcttu View Post
    Livan has been released according to Footer.
    I hope this works out. This seems like a clubhouse that needs the right kind of veteran leader, and I am not sure El Caballo, Wandy, or Myers is that guy. Still, as a fan, it will be fun to see the young guys on the mound more than half the time.

bunghole fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard.
    Can someone explain to me the scheduling of the 4 game series with the Rockies in Colorado in late May. They play a doubleheader on Memorial day, followed by a day off on Tuesday, and then play games 3 and 4 Wednesday & Thursday to wrap up the series.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Door swings wide open for young pitchers after Livan is released.

When Spring Training first started, it was generally understood — especially after Brett Myers was moved to the bullpen — that barring a complete Grapefruit League meltdown, Livan Hernandez would be in the Astros’ rotation to start the season.

That was before a couple things happened. One, a bunch of young starting pitching candidates put together a nice showing throughout the exhibition season, and two, they all pretty much outpitched Hernandez.

I wouldn’t categorize Livan’s spring as disastrous, but a 5.63 ERA over 16 innings and two unimpressive starts toward the end isn’t going to merit a spot in the rotation on a team that has made it very public it’s getting younger, less expensive and building for the future.

So the final two spots in the rotation are available for three candidates: front-runners Kyle Weiland and Jordan Lyles, and Lucas Harrell, who impressed with five strong innings against the Marlins on Wednesday. Manager Brad Mills mentioned Henry Sosa should be part of the rotation conversation as well.

Is eliminating Hernandez from the equation risky? Absolutely. He may be older and doesn’t throw as hard as the others, but his track record — good for around 200 innings most years and not one stint on the disabled list — is a pretty significant security blanket for a team that has so many unproven, young pitchers in its rotation. The hope is that everyone can pitch 160-200 innings. There are no guarantees that will happen, however, which could create issues
    for the bullpen.

That said, it’ll be interesting, and hopefully enjoyable, watching the young pitching develop. Lyles hasn’t had a terrific spring but there’s more upside to a 21-year-old who throws hard and is still learning how to pitch at this level. This is also the year we’ll likely find out if Bud Norris will be the rotation anchor so many predicted he would be years ago when he was coming through the system. If so, he can be a nice complement to Opening Day starter Wandy Rodriguez at the top of the rotation.

Norris had a good showing in his final Florida appearance Friday night at Osceola County Stadium. He allowed one run on four hits over six innings against a Braves split-squad team and reported no lingering issues from an elbow/triceps strain that slowed him briefly last week.

“I’m glad they gave me the extra two days to get to 100 percent,” he said.

It’s likely Norris will throw a few innings during the Astros’ exhibition game with the White Sox on Tuesday.

It’s my professional obligation every February to bring you photos of Truck Day, the annual baseball rite of passage that involves getting really excited about an 18-wheeler being loaded at Minute Maid Park with everything from seeds and gum to jerseys and interesting baseball undergarments.

Fans dig this stuff, because it of course means something much more than just a bunch of burly, sweaty guys spending the better part of eight hours loading stuff onto a truck. Truck Day signals the beginning of a new season and foreshadows six glorious weeks of Spring Training.

Full disclosure: I prefer reverse Truck Day, which is, by definition, the day the crew loads everything back onto the truck and sends it on its merry way to Houston.

The sight of this truck, an in-the-way monstrosity that sits in front of the complex for a full day, makes people positively giddy. (Sometimes there’s even hugging involved. Not because we’re all one big happy family 24/7, but because we’re all universally thrilled with the idea of coming home and prefer for it to happen sooner than later.) So please indulge me as I post the obligatory truck photos from the loading process today. The finish line is visible, and we’re almost there. I can assure you, everyone here cannot wait to get home and get the real stuff started.

Another good outing for Weiland tonight. That trade is looking promising.

Lyles got knocked around today by the Yankees for 8 runs. The kid just doesn't seem ready for the big time yet and needs to go back to OKC for some more seasoning. With Weiland all but locking up a spot yesterday, I would be surprised to see Lyles beat out Harrell for the final spot.

In good news though Astros brought their bats with them today. Homers by Bogusevic, Lee, Ruggiano and Johnson. That is Johnson' 5th HR of the spring, to go along with a .368 BA and 1.120 OPS.

Lyles got knocked around today by the Yankees for 8 runs. The kid just doesn't seem ready for the big time yet and needs to go back to OKC for some more seasoning. With Weiland all but locking up a spot yesterday, I would be surprised to see Lyles beat out Harrell for the final spot.
    Agree. Would lie to see Lyles get some more seasoning in AAA.

In good news though Astros brought their bats with them today. Homers by Bogusevic, Lee, Ruggiano and Johnson. That is Johnson' 5th HR of the spring, to go along with a .368 BA and 1.120 OPS.
    What pitches are his homers coming off of? I know he's had trouble with the off speed stuff in the past. He's been good fastball hitter.

There are 12 position players and 16 pitchers on the active roster. Twelve seems awfully low for position players. I guess they're expecting to need a lot of relief help.

Finally Opening Week....ill be at MMP all day friday getting wasted...can't wait because ive never been to opening day since alot of times ive been working during it.....thank goodness for holidays

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Finally Opening Week....ill be at MMP all day friday getting wasted...can't wait because ive never been to opening day since alot of times ive been working during it.....thank goodness for holidays

best game of the season.

go get hammered at ninfa's on navigation pre-game, they have a great patio and a shuttle service

hooters on a 50 and kirby might have a shuttle service also
    Last edited by tx 3 putt; 04-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread