+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Texans Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GiantHorns View Post
    Isn't he already the highest paid coordinator in the league? I thought I heard somewhere that he is.
    I think the article I read about his contract said he is the highest paid DC. Who's the highest paid OC out there? Any idea? Whoever it is, take whatever his salary is, add $100k to it, and give that to Wade.

e: Here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5992848
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; 01-15-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boknowstecmo View Post
    is there a more $#@!ing clueless football poster than greenspoint? I can't think of any.
    h34tx

Quote Originally Posted by boknowstecmo View Post
    Is there a more $#@!ing clueless football poster than Greenspoint? I can't think of any.
    Hey, did you know he used to be a season ticket holder? At this point, he's just trying to justify giving up on the team.

asshat BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed Shaggy Gold Club BoBigRed's Avatar
    Nebraska fan till death. Team Jack Supporter. Win Every Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSakamano View Post
    Do you live around Houston? Just curious, because things have been BAD since 2005. The Astros are the worst organization in professional sports, and their only somewhat playoff-intensity moments in the past six years came on Biggio's 3,000 chase in his farewell season. The Rockets are currently mired in mediocrity, and the first playoff series win for the franchise couldn't even be celebrated because the franchise player immediately suffered a career-ending injury. The Texans had promising seasons in both 2009 and 2010 derail amid crazy Hail Marys, pick sixes, etc.

This is the first time, from a sports perspective, that the city has had ANYTHING AT ALL to even remotely care about in over 6 years. In a market with three major teams, that's a long time. I don't think people are pleased with the loss - the Texans did flat out give it away. They absolutely should be playing next weekend. But it does feel good to actually have something, sports-wise, to care and bitch about. There's a line between the two.
    I frequently go between Houston and Nebraska, and many points between. I am in Houston now. Yes, I know it's been quite bad since 2005 and I root for all three of those teams.

My point is, this terrible stretch should not drag Houston fans' expectations downward. If anything it should make them more hungry to see a winner and demand more.

Not impressed with any of the "first round talent" receivers this year. If Broyles can recover from his injury well, we can steal him in the 4th round. We need to draft OL or DL in the first 2 rounds. I know we won't be drafting a CB in the first round again so soon, and the safeties this year aren't worth the high picks either.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod View Post
    What do we do with Mario Williams?

franchise and trade him before the draft

he'll be a 21 to 22 mil hit on the cap and the texans dont have the cap room for him

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    ohh and I fully expect to lose greg knapp (qb coach) he wants a OC job bad. did a great job with yates this year in very limited time

FA we need to sign : foster, myers, dreessen

allan, barber and demps are also UFA. losing all 3 would be a huge hit to the secondary. i dont see D Ward coming back, he wants playing time. they'll have to work their magic again and find a good young rb to fill that #3 spot.
    Last edited by tx 3 putt; 01-16-2012 at 12:41 AM.

asshat Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy slams and goes hard. Texas Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by At Ease View Post
    I wonder if Daniels has any trade value. We seem to have some good TE's behind him.

Shah of Shaggy Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan is a rep whore. Iconoclast Texan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenspointexas View Post
    Fire Gary Kubiak

seriously, dude has one decent year in the worst division in football and everyone thinks he's hot $#@!. shoulda been fired years ago. down by 7 with 1:51 left in the game on the 40 and you chunk a bomb? hahahahahhahah. dude is a joke. he won in a division my high school team could win. texans only beat 6 teams with winning records this season.

wade phillips did well this year, but not great. he team only played maybe 6 or 7 teams with average or better offenses.

and for the last time, yes, the texans are the aggies of the nfl. moral victories and all. "we will get em next year, i just know it!" lol

~coming from a previous texans season ticket holder
    Go kill yourself you $#@!ing aggy troll

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Not impressed with any of the "first round talent" receivers this year. If Broyles can recover from his injury well, we can steal him in the 4th round. We need to draft OL or DL in the first 2 rounds. I know we won't be drafting a CB in the first round again so soon, and the safeties this year aren't worth the high picks either.
    How deep are we at OL? We had one of the best offensive lines this year, unless we're one injury away from being screwed there I don't see how you can justify a high draft pick on that portion of the team. I think you're right with the defensive line though, we need some depth at DE behind JJ Watt and Antonio Smith, same with at NT behind Shaun Cody (I think that's how his first name is spelled).

That said, the only true position of need I see on this team is receiver, because we need to get Jacoby Jones out of town. He makes some plays, and looks like he has potential but is very inconsistent and puts the team in some very bad spots. At this point, he's five years in I think and it's clear that the potential that we see will not be met. Time to move on.

if mario is traded away we'll need some depth to there also

OL depth will also be on the 'to-do' list

asshat Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bushwood CC Member's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Kingsley View Post
    1. Do NOT sign Mario Williams next year - He's overrated, overpaid, and his stats are much better than his play. This defense is BETTER without him.
    “Your goal shouldn't be to buy players. Your goal should be to buy wins. In order to buy wins, you need to buy [sacks].”

Quote Originally Posted by Texaskimo View Post
    How deep are we at OL? We had one of the best offensive lines this year, unless we're one injury away from being screwed there I don't see how you can justify a high draft pick on that portion of the team. I think you're right with the defensive line though, we need some depth at DE behind JJ Watt and Antonio Smith, same with at NT behind Shaun Cody (I think that's how his first name is spelled).

That said, the only true position of need I see on this team is receiver, because we need to get Jacoby Jones out of town. He makes some plays, and looks like he has potential but is very inconsistent and puts the team in some very bad spots. At this point, he's five years in I think and it's clear that the potential that we see will not be met. Time to move on.
    You shouldn't draft for need unless that player available is worth the pick. We should pick up quality players at always needed positions as long as the value is there. Doesn't make sense to reach for Wright or Floyd, or even worse, Jeffrey. Jacoby Jones is a quality individual, he personally owned up to his mistakes and cared about the impact it had on the TEAM. That said, he will get a chance to show the results of his increased work ethic this offseason.

We definitely had one of the best OL's this year, but a good portion of it was due to scheme. The personnel can improve, and if nothing else, we can build depth. We may go FA again for the secondary this year, but Kubiak & Co. like KJ for some reason. He was a victim of great WR play yesterday though.

I feel like Broyles can come in and contribute right away in some capacity, but I wouldn't reach past the 4th round to get him. Can't wait to see this combine.

asshat Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos's Avatar
    Is it now time to cut the cord on Kareem? The "first-round sacred cow" thing should be a non-issue after 2 horrible seasons. I get it. He was a bust, and we whiffed on the pick. Do we need to keep suffering for the pick?

tuckfard Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    The Texans will not Franchise Mario. He would be due 120% of his salary from this season which work out to something in the neighborhood of $17million. We cant take that cap hit.
    $16.56MM, to be exact. You're right in that there's no way the Texans would franchise Mario and keep him; an extension would result in a far lower number than that. However, the cap is only relevant once the season starts, which means you could go ahead and tag him and see what you might get in a trade. If it's not to your liking, you could then go ahead and extend him and knock that number down. Either way, the $16.56MM figure is irrelevant, because you only have to be under the cap once you start paying the player, which wouldn't happen until the beginning of next season. By that time, he'd either be under an extension with a much lower number, or sitting on someone else's books. Maybe someone like Tampa Bay, who was 3rd from the bottom in defense and are several million dollars below not only the cap, but the salary floor that kicks in in 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas St. Armadillos View Post
    Is it now time to cut the cord on Kareem? The "first-round sacred cow" thing should be a non-issue after 2 horrible seasons. I get it. He was a bust, and we whiffed on the pick. Do we need to keep suffering for the pick?
    Jackson improved this past season, though realistically there was nowhere to go but up from his rookie year. He made a couple of nice breakups yesterday and also had a couple of plays where he had good coverage and the WR made an outstanding catch. Still, of all the starting positions on defense our #2 CB is most in need of upgrade. I wouldn't expect the team to flat-out cut him, but if there's a CB high up on their board when the Texans are up in the 1st round, I would definitely go that direction (especially if you take care of the #2 WR problem via free agency). Harris and Carmichael both never really got out of the gate once camps starting, hopefully a full season of OTAs and a camp will have one of them ready to push Jackson next year...

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    You shouldn't draft for need unless that player available is worth the pick. We should pick up quality players at always needed positions as long as the value is there. Doesn't make sense to reach for Wright or Floyd, or even worse, Jeffrey.
    Agreed, but I don't think Wright is a reach in the mid-20s...
    Last edited by Ignatius; 01-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.

asshat STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny's Avatar
    I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not sure the Texans should re-sign Arian at all costs. He is obviously a great runner but I am very concerned about his tendency to fumble the ball, and in the Kubiak offense it seems that any number of players could be very effective (hello, Ben Tate). Of course they should try to re-sign him but I fear he will ask for Chris Johnson money and I just don't think it would be worth it, when you could have two Ben Tates for the price of on Arian Foster, especially since injuries happen.

And while I agree the Texans shouldn't break the bank to do it, I think re-signing Mario should be a top priority for the Texans, even more so than Arian. As good as the defense was without Mario, it was even better with him IMO. He was terrorizing offenses before he got hurt, basically unblockable by a running back, tight end, or one o-lineman.

asshat STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny Shaggy Gold Club STFU Donny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Jackson improved this past season, though realistically there was nowhere to go but up from his rookie year. He made a couple of nice breakups yesterday and also had a couple of plays where he had good coverage and the WR made an outstanding catch.
    You must be watching a different Kareem Jackson than I am, because yesterday was the first time he has ever had what I would call a "decent" game -- by that, I mean he successfully covered his man on occasion. He has been so clueless in pass coverage this year that I found it impossible to believe the Texans could not find someone better, even by holding open tryouts at the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenspointexas View Post
    texans only beat 6 teams with winning records this season.
    packers only beat 5*, and two of those were the lions

*they also beat some 8-8 teams

arbiter of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Opinions on Leinart v Yates for backup?

asshat Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU Donny View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but I'm not sure the Texans should re-sign Arian at all costs. He is obviously a great runner but I am very concerned about his tendency to fumble the ball, and in the Kubiak offense it seems that any number of players could be very effective (hello, Ben Tate). Of course they should try to re-sign him but I fear he will ask for Chris Johnson money and I just don't think it would be worth it, when you could have two Ben Tates for the price of on Arian Foster, especially since injuries happen.

And while I agree the Texans shouldn't break the bank to do it, I think re-signing Mario should be a top priority for the Texans, even more so than Arian. As good as the defense was without Mario, it was even better with him IMO. He was terrorizing offenses before he got hurt, basically unblockable by a running back, tight end, or one o-lineman.
    I am a fan resigning Mario also but we are going to have to pay for Arian and we most definitely should. I do not think Chris Johnson money is what he going to get but I see JC money or Deangelo Williams money for sure. Foster, in our system, is the best back in the NFL.

The dude tied for the most 100 yard rushing games this season, in 12.5 games. Missing a legit receiving threat for 9 of those games and playing with backup QBs. Arian, Andre and Schuab played 1 quarter together this season. He also had just under 2K from scrimmage in 12.5 games and set the record for rushing yards in a players first two playoff games.

Tate is a good player and would be more than serviceable in our system but he is not Arian. He can't and doesn't make something out of nothing, he nothing close the receiver Arian is, nor does he match Arian in the protection game.

Arian knows that he landed in the perfect scheme for him and I think that will influence his decision, but the dude is going to get paid and he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by elfenix View Post
    packers only beat 5*, and two of those were the lions

*they also beat some 8-8 teams
    Also, I read somewhere that the Patriots' win over 9-8 Denver Saturday was their first win over a team with a winning record this reason. I don't feel like looking it up, so suck it.

asshat Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange's Avatar
    Arian has skill that extends well beyond his ball carrying capability, in that he regularly contributes in dump pass/checkdown situations out of the backfield (hello awesome one hand grab yesterday). Like Ray Rice, that depth of skill is rare and quite handy in our system. I'd very much like to see him continue to wear a Texans jersey. And I think he would say the same.

asshat Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange's Avatar
    And I have zero issues with paying a portion of JJ's salary to ask him to play for one of our divisional rivals. It would be like buying yards/points.

Banned Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    From the city where our stadiums drop their tops
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast Texan View Post
    Go kill yourself you $#@!ing aggy troll
    good one, how about using logic and statistics like the rest of the grown ups.. anyone can say "u suck, ur a bitch. clueless. etc" but keep spouting away in typical houston texans fan fashion.

its football time in houston.... and we're ready to playyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Orange View Post
    Arian has skill that extends well beyond his ball carrying capability, in that he regularly contributes in dump pass/checkdown situations out of the backfield (hello awesome one hand grab yesterday). Like Ray Rice, that depth of skill is rare and quite handy in our system. I'd very much like to see him continue to wear a Texans jersey. And I think he would say the same.
    Agree with all of that, but at what cost? His agent will correctly argue that his market value is in the Johnson/Peterson range, and we could have two Ben Tates for that price. Instead of Asomaguh we got Joseph and Manning for essentially the same $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    Yates>>>>>>>Leinart.

Matty didn't get to play very long before he got hurt, but he looked like a guy that just wanted to check down and get the hell off the field without a scratch. He should never see the field again.

asshat Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico Shaggy Gold Club Fico's Avatar
    Agree with all of that, but at what cost? His agent will correctly argue that his market value is in the Johnson/Peterson range, and we could have two Ben Tates for that price. Instead of Asomaguh we got Joseph and Manning for essentially the same $$$.
    Of course his agent will start there, he would be stupid not too. The fact is we just had another back run for 1000 yards in our system, not to mention Arian and his agent know that he would not be a great fit for another team unless they are a predominately zone blocking team. Said teams are not going to pay $70 million for a RB so his leverage will decrease somewhat. All that said this isn't a Asomaguh/Joseph problem because those two were very comparable players and many statistics even favored Joseph as the better player. This is an Arian Foster/Ben Tate + another player argument. Foster is light years ahead of anyone that fits our scheme, he is the face of the Franchise, and he been dominating at league minimum without so much as a single gripe. Plus the dude wont walk this year as I believe we can give him the highest tender, bumping his salary considerably next season while making any team that wants him have to surrender a 1st and 3rd.

Yates>>>>>>>Leinart.

Matty didn't get to play very long before he got hurt, but he looked like a guy that just wanted to check down and get the hell off the field without a scratch. He should never see the field again.
    If Leinart is healthy we may be able to get a conditional draft pick from a team that needs QB help, but more than likely he wont be here next season. Yates is the #2.

With that argument why do you want to re-sign Mario?

Foster showed up in the biggest games in Texans history. If they sign him he'll be the face of the franchise for the next 5-6 years, and he gives Houston the star power that can help keep current OL and signing more in the future.

Mario Williams has HOF talent with questionable physical and mental toughness. He's not a team leader. Defense didn't miss a beat when he got injured. Let him go.

asshat utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05 is a rep whore. utxmike05's Avatar
    Cowboys fan here, but Texans supporter also. Really wanted to see the Texans win yesterday, can't believe they got withinn TD of being in AFC champ game...without Schaub and Mario and without Andre for majority of the season. Healthy roster next year, same defense (maybe better), and some playoff experience they should be a huge threat next year.

I hate to say it, but when I saw Jacoby fumble the punt and Baltimore score....I predicted they Texans would lose by a TD. As many have said, need #2 WR. So many out there (laurent robinson), not sure what the loyalty issue is to Jacoby but it needs to quit if they want to succeed.

asshat Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos Shaggy Gold Club Texas St. Armadillos's Avatar
    Everybody that thinks they should be on the team next year, please step forward. Hold on there, Kareem and Jacoby.

With that argument why do you want to re-sign Mario?

Foster showed up in the biggest games in Texans history. If they sign him he'll be the face of the franchise for the next 5-6 years, and he gives Houston the star power that can help keep current OL and signing more in the future.

Mario Williams has HOF talent with questionable physical and mental toughness. He's not a team leader. Defense didn't miss a beat when he got injured. Let him go.
    I was going on the assumption that the Texans could come up with the cash to sign Mario or Arian but not both. But now that you mention it, signing neither of them might be the smartest option.

I was going on the assumption that the Texans could come up with the cash to sign Mario or Arian but not both. But now that you mention it, signing neither of them might be the smartest option.
    No. No it would not. Signing Arian is a must. I am very much for signing Mario but if it comes down to one or the other, which I don't think it will, you sign Arian. We can tender Arian anyways if we can't agree to an extension.

asshat mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin's Avatar
    I'm still not the biggest Schaub fan. I think you go for a QB if there is a good avialable in the 2nd or 3rd round.

WR, OL depth, a #2 CB, and DT are other needs. Not sure if the Texans could work out a trade for another #1 pick or not by tradin Mario, but there will be some pretty good WR free agents out there this year.

bunghole oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? oil can boyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    you def make yates the #2 and cut leinart. yates is much cheaper and already a better qb than leinart will ever be
    we can draft another qb to develop as our #3

bunghole mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex slams and goes hard. mbtex's Avatar
    After seeing the way Foster performed yesterday. And how he was effected by the loss no way do you let him go. He brings the type of leadership and desire this team needs.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09's Avatar
    I live in Houston. Texans & the off-season squawking in January. Feels... quite... familiar.

asshat Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox's Avatar
    I would say we don't need to draft a WR in the first round ever, but that's a strong position in the draft this year and at our low pick one of the studs might actually be available and worth taking. Although I do think we have more pressing needs than WR.

I'd think OLB/CB in the first round, and if Wade sticks around, I'll be happy with any defensive guy we take because that dude can pick em. I'd like to retain Mario either way.

And fate works the impossible... I'll come full circle and feel bad for Jones. I watched us lose on TV amid games of washers and bags and beer pong on a crisp afternoon, and somewhere, this dude's entire world was crashing down on him. Making $3M+ a year opens you to harsh criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by HousHorn09 View Post
    I live in Houston. Texans & the off-season squawking in January. Feels... quite... familiar.
    Could you clarify that? Not sure if douche.......
    Last edited by Mikeinthebox; 01-16-2012 at 03:25 PM.

asshat It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. It's Tyrone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    Mario is a free agent, we cant trade him unless we sign him.

There are plenty WR targets, we don't need to trade up to get one. Kendall Wright will be around as will Ashlon Jefferies, etc...
    Texans are gradually growing on me. This. Jeffries is beast mode and very Calvin Johnsonesque. Him and AJ with a healthy Schaub and a re-signed Foster- pretty salty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinthebox View Post
    And fate works the impossible... I'll come full circle and feel bad for Jones. I watched us lose on TV amid games of washers and bags and beer pong on a crisp afternoon, and somewhere, this dude's entire world was crashing down on him. Making $3M+ a year opens you to harsh criticism.
    I would never get pissed off at a mistake, like a fumble. Fumbles happen to everyone.

But Jacoby, like everyone who has ever played or even studied football, has known since the 4th grade that unless you are absolutely sure you can catch a punt in the air, you get the $#@! away from it. You sure as hell don't try to field it on the bounce with defenders bearing down on you. There is no excuse or reason for why he did it... unless he was thinking it might be a way to get on SportsCenter, in which case he got his wish.

I have no sympathy for a jerkoff who is either brain dead, or trying to get on TV, or both. $#@! him and his $#@!ing touchdown dance.

the godfather HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mycoxaphlopin View Post
    I'm still not the biggest Schaub fan. I think you go for a QB if there is a good avialable in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    i think people quickly forget how good we are on offense with schaub/andre/foster healthy at the same time. in 2010 we were #3 in total offense i believe. then with injuries and a greatly improved defense (#2 in total d this season), we become a scratch it out running team just hoping our qb can "drive the bus".

the reality is that if everyone is back healthy and ready to go next season, we have no true holes. yes, we need an upgrade over the likes of jacoby and kareem, but those who have followed the texans before this year really know what holes look like.

if we can franchise mario and trade him, that would be the best option. if we cannot, and we can only afford to sign foster or mario, i think our front office knows what to do, and that's lock up foster. for once, i actually trust the texans going into the draft, and if kendall wright is on the board, i think that's the move. after that, you prob get an o-lineman, and defensive depth.

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    Jacoby has had 5 years to develop some consistency and as a player, and has failed to do so. Cut him. Same for Leinart, Yates has lots of upside and is cheaper.

Kubiak is defending that blockhead Jones, btw. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere.
    Fan ire has been most vociferously directed at receiver-return man Jacoby Jones, whose botched punt early in the game gave Baltimore the ball at the Texans’ two, from where they quickly scored their first touchdown. Kubiak came to Jones’ defense.

“He made a mistake,” Kubiak said. “But he’s also made big plays for us through the course of the year. You’re not going to give up on a guy because he makes a mistake in a game. Yeah, it was a big mistake. There’s no getting around that. A lot of guys make mistakes in games and come back and make big plays for you. I try to look at the big picture on things. I know how far Jacoby has come as a person and a player.
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...jones-defense/

the godfather HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    Jacoby has had 5 years to develop some consistency and as a player, and has failed to do so. Cut him. Same for Leinart, Yates has lots of upside and is cheaper.

Kubiak is defending that blockhead Jones, btw. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...jones-defense/

that's what a head coach is supposed to do. did people really expect him to get cut on the way to the team bus?

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post

Kubiak's all about his guys. I think if Wade Phillips hadn't come along that Travis Johnson and Amobi Okoye would still be on the team as well. Come to think of it, they may have dumped Johnson before Wade but they still kept him around for way too long.

asshat GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinthebox View Post
    Could you clarify that? Not sure if douche.......
    Sounds "douche" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGandorf View Post
    that's what a head coach is supposed to do. did people really expect him to get cut on the way to the team bus?
    no, just hoping.

they don't want to cut him now and make it look like he was cut for that one botched play. they should just upgrade at the WR/PR position and cut his ass during camp in august.

no, just hoping.

they don't want to cut him now and make it look like he was cut for that one botched play. they should just upgrade at the WR/PR position and cut his ass during camp in august.
    This. Unless he vastly outperforms any new WRs we bring in, he won't make the team.

asshat mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin is a rep whore. mycoxaphlopin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor_Macleod View Post
    I don't get the Yates love. He's servicable as your #3 guy but as a number 2 I just don't see it. With as injury prone as Schaub has been, the Texans have to find someone better than Yates as his back up.
    Schaub really hasn't been that injury prone.

I agree with Gandorf that the offense works well with Schaub, but I don't think he has that instinct to win the big game when it comes down to crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by mycoxaphlopin View Post
    Schaub really hasn't been that injury prone.

I agree with Gandorf that the offense works well with Schaub, but I don't think he has that instinct to win the big game when it comes down to crunch time.
    i don't totally disagree with you, but it sure would be nice to see schaub play on a team with a legit defense.

as for durability, he played 16 games two straight seasons before this one, and this injury seemed sorta fluky, but who can tell anymore. i will say it makes me feel pretty comfortable knowing next season if something happened to schaub that we would have yates ready to come in.

+ Reply to Thread