+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas recruiting notes: 2013 edition

asshat maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack's Avatar
    Here's an old article from ESPN on Smith and Davis' friendship...

DBs waiting and wondering

Antwuan Davis and Maurice Smith are, believe it or not, good friends.

Antwuan Davis is one of Texas' top defensive backs for the class of 2013.
    Their bond wasn't forged in a traditional manner. Davis, a top cornerback from Bastrop (Texas), got to know his fellow defensive back from Sugar Land (Texas) Dulles from the few times they've competed together at camps.

When they took the field, a mutual respect formed almost immediately.

"We've gone to two different camps, and both times when we're on the field, no passes were caught," Davis said. "Those quarterbacks didn't know what to do."

Ever since then, they've kept in touch. They might not know a lot about one another, but they are certain about one thing: Smith and Davis believe they're the two best junior cornerbacks in the state of Texas.

And they'd really like to know if Duane Akina feels the same way.

Texas' secondary coach hasn't offered scholarships to either of them. He hasn't offered hardly anyone, actually. This spring, as 2013 commitments continue to steadily flow in, Akina is taking care of his portion of the class slowly. He wants more time to evaluate Texas' needs and options at corner and safety.

So far, elite national prospects have been the priority. The two known offers to 2013 defensive backs went to two of the country's best, safeties Marcell Harris (Groveland, Fla./South Lake) and Vonn Bell (Rossville, Ga./Ridgeland).

By making everyone else wait, Akina is asking Davis, Smith and a handful of other talented in-state recruits to stay patient. That's not an easy thing to do when rival coaches are constantly calling to show their love.

Davis and Smith have received more offers now than they'd ever imagined. Heard lots of promises, lots of praise. When will all that start coming from Texas?

"The offers had been coming in so fast here lately that it kind of shook me that I didn't get one from Texas," Smith said. "I thought one of two things. Maybe I have to work harder and make them notice me more. Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be with me and Texas."

Smith isn't the only one questioning where he stands with the Longhorns. He and Davis were two of five defensive backs that UT coaches brought in for their second junior day weekend last month. Each one had to swallow his pride and go home empty-handed.

Safeties Kameron Miles (Mesquite, Texas/West Mesquite) and Colin Janice (Orange, Texas/West Orange-Stark) were told evaluations will continue this spring. Livingston athlete Chevoski Collins would prefer to play receiver in college but was told UT will recruit him as a safety.

All five got the same message: We like you. We're just not ready for a commitment. The inherent gamble is obvious. All five could've put Texas in the rearview mirror when they left Austin and committed elsewhere by now.

Smith came oh-so-close to pulling the trigger during his junior day trip to Oklahoma last weekend. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound corner has been frustrated by the fact most schools seem to want him more than Texas does. At first, he took it personally.

So Smith gave Akina a call last week to find out where he stood. The reassurance he received was much-needed.

Texas has focused a lot of recruiting effort on out-of-state prospects like Marcell Harris.
    "He was telling me to not give up on Texas and not be depressed or anything like that," Smith said. "Texas still had a lot of interest in me."

What Akina and the coaches are looking for, Davis said, are defensive backs who truly want to be Longhorns. The 2013 class is small and few spots are available. Texas can't afford to take a corner or safety who might decommit in the 11th hour.

Davis says he can understand that sentiment. So does he want to be at Texas?

"I would like to, definitely," he said. "I could see myself being a Longhorn."

He lost track of how many offers he's received when the number surpassed 20. But Davis knows which one he doesn't have. He's not sweating it just yet.

He likes his chances of getting one of the elusive Texas offer. After all, when he couldn't make it to the Saturday junior day last month, UT coaches urged him to visit on Sunday instead. They made him feel wanted when he did arrive at the 40 Acres.

"So far I've been the corner coach Akina has seen the most," he said. "That feels great. It just means I have more of an advantage over the rest of them. That's definitely helpful."

That flattery is nothing compared to what he's heard elsewhere. Oklahoma coaches told Davis he'll play right away for them if he picks the Sooners. Now that got his attention.

Still, Davis holds Texas' "DBU" reputation in high regard. He'll make a decision by the end of the summer. He hopes Texas is an option when the big day eventually arrives.

If that offer comes at the right time, he might commit on the spot. Remember, this recruiting game is all about timing.

"I've still got to see how my playing time would be as a freshman at Texas, because I know they can get me out of there in two or three years," Davis said. "I would like that. I know whatever they do with me, I'm going to be NFL-bound. That's all I could want from Texas."

Right now, all he wants is that scholarship offer. Smith and Davis both want to be the first guy to get one from Texas. Sure, they're pals now. But they're also competitors.

Maybe, if they get their way, that will change in college.

"I would really like to play with him," Davis said. "I don't know. It's like we were bound to play together."

Right now, they don't need destiny or fate to make that dream come true. Just dedication, and a little faith.

Glad to see it. We were going to miss out on both if they left without offers this time.

asshat Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim's Avatar
    Shag: Where gay, paid aggy trolls gather to brainwash Texas fans
    Cool story.

I'm stoked we finally offered Davis.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    was hoping for a commitment or two this week.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09's Avatar
    $#@!, somebody get my Paxil. That article stressed me the $#@! out.

He's gonna a Mike Williams and try and leave a year early?

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    The Drive just interviewed Antwuan Davis, he's a funny kid. I'll post the audio later. According to him you can get a 75 cent Big Mac at the McDonalds in Bastrop.

Banned Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Shea View Post
    The Drive just interviewed Antwuan Davis, he's a funny kid. I'll post the audio later. According to him you can get a 75 cent Big Mac at the McDonalds in Bastrop.
    So...is he gonna commit or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal Cake View Post
    So...is he gonna commit or what?
    After listening to him go on and on about how much he loves UT, I would be floored if he isn't a 'Horn soon.

bunghole Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base slams and goes hard. Echo Base's Avatar
    For anyone who didn't see it, Drew Kelson commented on both prospects over at BC:

Smith – He’s definitely selling the right asset in his video with “effort.” That’s one thing you can’t coach. He will, however, need to be coached up on coverage. Playing safety in high school may hurt him as a corner in college. While his eyes wander as a safety in coverage and it allows him to make plays, it will hurt him as a corner and it’s evident he’ll need to work on that if he wants to stay there. I don’t see elite receiver here but he could likely do some things as a return man. Safety would be my projection at this point for a primary position.

Davis – Physical. Eye discipline is far above average for his age. In man coverage he has no clue the offense is running the ball which is exactly what you’re looking for. It doesn’t hurt that when he does notice the run he sheds blocks as good as any player for his age. I like this kid at corner. When a DB comes into college with great eyes, feet, and physicality there are no limits.

Crazy how much you pick up in a few minutes of film.
    http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/...wuan-davis-and

Yea, we would have to colossally $#@!-up his recruitment for him not to come here.

asshat tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. tfc2085's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Mopar View Post
    Both are tall corners, considering Akina usually likes smaller/quicker corners. I like it!
    Not trying to nitpick but our corners are generally right at 6' under Akina. So I think that this is the rule not the exception.

asshat mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya slams and goes hard. mattdubya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tfc2085 View Post
    Not trying to nitpick but our corners are generally right at 6' under Akina. So I think that this is the rule not the exception.
    f'realz.

asshat Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon's Avatar
    Sounds like just a great kid. Running 4.3s and hanging at Mickey D's.

asshat runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone's Avatar
    If something is soft, you can get it hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    landscaping is a wee bit lacking
    Well, I see 9 pieces of evidence that this house is definitely not in Lubbock.

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    from now on, any recruit that has committed to texas, either open or secretly and lives in an orange house will receive one of these in their thread...

asshat Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone slams and goes hard. Tx2DaBone's Avatar
    Right. The only short corners I can think of are:
    Quandre
    Ryan Palmer
    Brandon Foster
    Deon Beasley...who wasn't all that "short"

But with Echols and Vaccaro coming in thats 2 more short corners...i seriously doubt Vaccaro gets any starts during his career.

asshat Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Mother Mopar can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    After researching our corners for the past 8 yrs, they are all around 6'. So I stand corrected.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HousHorn09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gut Wagon View Post
    Sounds like just a great kid. Running 4.3s and hanging at Mickey D's.
    I'm sure a certain Mr. Bennie Wiley will volunteer to help Mr. Davis see the err of his ways. Get in your McD's while you can son. Those days are quickly coming to an end. Mad Dog on the other hand...

bunghole Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2DaBone View Post
    i seriously doubt Vaccaro gets any starts during his career.
    I hope Vacarro proves you wrong but after seeing his "highlight" films, I tend to agree.

asshat sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm's Avatar
    http://http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?29732-DT-Justin-Manning-not-pleased-with-OU-s-Recruiting

DT Justin Manning not pleased with OU's Recruiting

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...a/post?id=7433

Not looking good , here. Its coming out , that our Top DT target and OU legacy , was put off by the handling of his recruitment (late offer) & is now open to UTerus of all people. Here are some tidbits :

"Manning (6-foot-2, 275 pounds) said he would already be committed to the Sooners if they would have starting recruiting him earlier than they did.

“If Oklahoma wouldn’t have waited so long I probably would have committed on the spot,” Manning said. “It’s true that I was glued in on Oklahoma in the beginning but I didn’t hear from Oklahoma my whole sophomore year. I started talking to Oklahoma at the end of my junior year and by then I already had like 10 offers. So I became wide open and was talking to those 10 coaches. Right now, that is a total negative on them.”

and
    "One school that is happy he hasn't already chosen Oklahoma is the Sooners' bitter rival, Texas, a program that offered him during its first junior day. ....."

“It’s a good school, an up-and-coming school," Manning said of Texas. "It is a talented team. It seems like they have a lot of recruits and I can see myself there and winning at the same time.”

kind of leaves one to wonder...
    Last edited by sdm; 04-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Banned Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen
    Up and coming lol

asshat victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88 is a rep whore. victory88's Avatar
    honestly, I don't care how talented this kid is... he is a complete moron.

Banned Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen
    Up and coming lol
    I think it's a fair thing to say if he's talking about rebounding from 5-7 a couple of years ago - it's relative to the time frame he's thinking of. We certainly look like a team poised to compete for a MNC in a year or two if we can find a solid QB.

.....ponies? dafuq? So glad the Shag exists and we don't have to censor ourselves and sound like a bunch of $#@!ing idiot $#@!gots. $#@!.

asshat sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. sdm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victory88 View Post
    honestly, I don't care how talented this kid is... he is a complete moron.
    Kid seems awfully needy. I understand he is a talented HS player, but not sure his ego is a good fit for Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by WangDangDoodle View Post
    .....ponies? dafuq? So glad the Shag exists and we don't have to censor ourselves and sound like a bunch of $#@!ing idiot $#@!gots. $#@!.
    Well to be fair, they would still sound like a bunch of $#@!ing idiot $#@!gots if they were uncensored. It's just who they are. Anyway, is this kid really bitchin' cus $#@!ou didn't start recruiting him as a sophomore? wtf?

asshat r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982 Shaggy Gold Club r2k3982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WangDangDoodle View Post
    It only says that if you don't have an account there. If you have an account, it lets you read all the cussing you want. LT came from Shaggy. Their mod still posts here.

asshat thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop Shaggy Gold Club thepop's Avatar
    Samples tweeted that Diaz has told him he will play safety....I hope he's joking.

asshat The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link grows his own roses The Missing Link's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thepop View Post
    Samples tweeted that Diaz has told him he will play safety....I hope he's joking.
    Earl Thomas approves.

Quote Originally Posted by thepop View Post
    Pretty certain he was referring to Peter Jinkens playing safety. Here's the tweet: (RIPS_SHIRT_OFF is Jenkins)

Rashaad Samples @‏10justscored
    @RIPS_SHIRT_OFF and Texas do still want me ask coach chambers or coach Wyatt!! But coach diaz said you gone play safety :(

asshat Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine GORN Beau Vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokamak View Post
    If there's one aggy recruit that we might pursue, my guess would be Isaiah Golden. I have no actual information, but that one would make the most sense because DT is a need position and the in-state pickings are slim now that Manning has blown us off. Golden to aggy was considered a mild surprise when it went down because he was thought to be an LSU-Texas battle.
    Golden apparently punched his coach, got kicked out of school and has transferred to Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    Golden apparently punched his coach, got kicked out of school and has transferred to Carthage.
    We can't let aggy have a monopoly on slepting coaches. Is Carthage UT friendly?

asshat neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44's Avatar
    We can't let aggy have a monopoly on slepting coaches. Is Carthage UT friendly?
    Yes, Carthage is Texas friendly. Golden's old coach was Aggy friendly. However, Golden has said on multiple occasions that he no likey Texas. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    Yes, Carthage is Texas friendly. Golden's old coach was Aggy friendly. However, Golden has said on multiple occasions that he no likey Texas. We'll see
    he no likey women romancing each other? the gay is strong with him.

Banned Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen Marti-mar is a Model Citizen
    Texas hasn't stopped trying for Golden, which is great. It's a long time until signing day and the two programs are likely headed in opposite directions this year.

asshat maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? maninblack's Avatar
    DT will be interesting. I wasn't originally high on Vince Taylor but the kid impressed me at the NFTC. He also wants to play for Texas which I don't much of a premium on but it's always nice having a legit prospect really want to come play at Texas. He's not the skinny kid on tape anymore so his size is less of a concern for me and his technique issues can be overcome.

While I would love to have a talent like Manning or Golden I'm more inclined now to believe Taylor isn't substantially behind those two after seeing him up close. I wouldn't be upset if the coaches still held out for one of the first two mentioned but I wouldn't be upset with a Taylor offer either.

asshat Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon is a rep whore. Gut Wagon's Avatar
    I'm not going to assume Manning is as "high maintenance" as some of his quotes make him sound. Just seems a little butthurt, which he can afford to be when he's in high demand. That said, he'll either decide he wants to be part of the UT program or he won't...and it won't hurt my feelings if he ends up someplace else. Though I'd rather it not be in conference, per usual with the studs.

bunghole Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Heisman 98 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    DT will be interesting. I wasn't originally high on Vince Taylor but the kid impressed me at the NFTC. He also wants to play for Texas which I don't much of a premium on but it's always nice having a legit prospect really want to come play at Texas. He's not the skinny kid on tape anymore so his size is less of a concern for me and his technique issues can be overcome.

While I would love to have a talent like Manning or Golden I'm more inclined now to believe Taylor isn't substantially behind those two after seeing him up close. I wouldn't be upset if the coaches still held out for one of the first two mentioned but I wouldn't be upset with a Taylor offer either.
    I think the coaches are playing this situation correctly. Taylor will be there if we want him and he knows the coaches are watching him so hopefully it will incentivize him to improve his effort level, physical conditioning, and performance on the field this fall. Win-win situation for both sides as he can then parlay the situation into more offers with better performance. I think his effort level is there but his conditioning may be just a little off.

thanks obama jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisman 98 View Post
    Taylor will be there if we want him
    “I hope Texas offers soon,” Taylor told Hookem.com. “I really do. I feel like one will be coming my way after they see me in spring ball and evaluate me some more. I want that offer and will wait awhile for it. I mean, I can’t sit around and wait forever, but I will wait until after they evaluate me. I’ve seen a lot of people miss out on opportunities because they wait too long on a school they’ve also wanted to go to and then it never works out. I don’t want that to happen to me. I don’t mind waiting, especially for Texas, but I don’t want to wait too long. I just hope it comes soon.”

Banned negative nancy headed for a crowd source bannination negative nancy headed for a crowd source bannination negative nancy headed for a crowd source bannination negative nancy headed for a crowd source bannination negative nancy headed for a crowd source bannination
    bring in quincy russell and vincent taylor. screw these nutjobs golden and manning. i dont want any of that pre-medonna bull$#@! seeping back into the program.

asshat MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MaxATX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by negative nancy View Post
    bring in quincy russell and vincent taylor. screw these nutjobs golden and manning. i dont want any of that pre-medonna bull$#@! seeping back into the program.

asshat BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26 Shaggy Gold Club BigVegasHorn26's Avatar
    Seriously, when is the next in line going to commit? I'm getting bored over here.

Banned AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    SEC attitude. I like.

SEC attitude. I like.
    You mean Aggie attitude. Transferred because he couldn't cut it at his current school.

asshat Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet Shaggy Gold Club Prophet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxtnhorn View Post
    You mean Aggie attitude. Transferred because he couldn't cut it at his current school.

Banned AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen
    Hasn't Texas lost like 10 kids this offseason? Laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AGGHOLE View Post
    Hasn't Texas lost like 10 kids this offseason? Laugh.
    Normally I am struck that you are a lame sock, but this last post was priceless. It is the best imitation of an aggy who doesn't know how he's been insulted I've read in a while.

yes.

Normally I am struck that you are a lame sock, but this last post was priceless. It is the best imitation of an aggy who doesn't know how he's been insulted I've read in a while.
    agghole is aptly named.

+ Reply to Thread