He won the NFTC Dallas MVP along with Prevot and Mitchell.
Damn, TS is put together (no homo) for being so tall. Specimen.
He's growsing up right in front of us.
It looks like Trent Dilfer is sold on Swoopes and Dilfer thinks if he had a week to work with Swoopes, he could be QB1 as a True Freshman at UT because Dilfer doesn't think Swoopes has a whole lot to work on as a passer according to Max Olson from ESPN's Hornsnation.com on a radio interview (Link: http://kznx-am.tritondigitalmedia.co...son3.26.12.mp3).
I've always been in favor of J.T. Barrett or Cody Thomas over Swoopes, But if Trent Dilfer is sold on Swoopes, I'm sold.
It should be noted that Dilfer's impression seems to mirror that of Harsin. Now there are 2 people who know a significant amount about playing QB and QB mechanics who have worked with Swoopes and believe he is a top QB prospect.
The only "expert" I know of that has slighted Swoopes as a QB prospect is Burton.
The run that starts at 24 seconds.......I feel like I've seen it before somewhere.
Tyrone Swoopes @tyroneswoopes1
Hopefully next time I'll be holdin this in NYC with my name on it. http://instagr.am/p/KYeQNjEuCd/
I just came
Last edited by Intercourse with Gray; 05-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Intercourse with Swoopes?
He gonna be #1 here? I hope he's better then the last QB to wear #1
yeah, that guy sucked!
smh. so $#@!ing stupid.
#10 defeated ksu w/a busted ankle. just say'n.
Last edited by EarlyBird; 05-16-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: thanks for the vid, meanhorn
Chris Sims ranks
#5 yards in a single season(3,207) - players ahead(Colt x3 and Major)
#5 yards in a career(7,097) - Players ahead(Colt, James Brown, Major, and Peter Gardere)
#4 in wins as a QB(26-6) - Players ahead(Colt, Vince, Bobby Layne)
#4 TD passes in single season(26) - Tied with Vince - Players ahead (Colt x3)
#3 TD passes career(58) - ahead Colt(112) Major(60)
I always wondered what the stats would look like if he red shirted and Major and him didn't split snaps so much.
Not this $#@!in topic again.
only took you 24 hours to catch that huh? very sharp!
Isn't Joe right about to get caught in your avatar? Theres gotta be better JB pics out there.
^ ha good work
All you $#@!s were mighty happy & proud when Simms rolled over those aggy $#@!s his last season.
I never said he sucked. He won 10 games every year he started. He's obviously better then GG, Case and David (so far) But it's like ChrisApplewhite said, he never lit it up like a VY or Colt. He never won an OU game, big 12 title game ($#@! his pants the one he was in), or even in a BCS game. Stats show things yes, but it's not like Texas has a history of great college QBs.
During the Simms era the whole team was suspect. the receivers were overrated. It was hard to like Simms because he had to throw so many east/ west passes, but he had a deep strike arm. it was $#@!ing maddening. He choked against OU, while a guy steps off their bench and takes them to a championship. I'd say to be a "very good" Longhorn QB you have to beat OU once at least. But I'm glad he came to Texas and beat Saban and LSU in the Cotton Bowl. Him and Roy.
Simms was a good QB. You know, he reminds me of Tony Romo; he wasn't a leader, but had the skills to ooh and awe you 70% of the time. The other 30%, he was choking his ass off in the spot light.
Now Swoopes, this kid is exciting. Think of what Harsin will do with him and our stable of running backs. He seems cool as a cucumber. He seems to be humbled and soft spoken. He reminds me of Hawk from Over the Top, when he's on the field, it's like a switch is turned on.
Chris Simms won most games he was supposed to. Lost several he should not have lost and never came up big in the biggest games. In fact, he turned in one of the worst single performances in UT QB history in the biggest game he ever played in.
Oh...and he never beat OU. Thanks for the effort and whatnot but give me Peter Gardere all damn day.
Just like the subforum for realignment threads, we need a football subforum for tired old arguments like debating the merits of Simms. Swoopes is an exciting kid, and some of us get tired of threadshits about GD and CS.
Football .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA
Bada Bing .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Classics .. Bellmont