+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Auction Item You Can NOT Ignore (benefits scholarships).

asshat NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.

Exclamation An Auction Item You Can NOT Ignore (benefits scholarships).

As some of you might know, I am on the BBQ Cookoff Committee for Rodeo Austin. As part of our fund raising efforts, we have an annual Dinner / Dance event with both a silent & live auction.

A few quick facts:

The Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo works year round to raise funds for the Scholarship Program. Since the start of the program in 1981, the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo has awardedmore than $5 million in college scholarships. The Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo partners with Texas colleges and universities as well as 4-H and FFA Foundations to provide scholarships for deserving Texas students. As one of Central Texas’ largest non-profit providers, the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo presented more than $440,000 in college scholarships to 46 students in 2011.
    The Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo is proud to have Silicon Laboratories as a great supporter and sponsor of the Scholarship Program.

Scholarship Quick Facts:
    • Scholarships range in value from $2,500 to $16,000, averaging $9,400 per student
    • Recipients come from all walks of life and may pursue any degree plan at a Texas college or university
    • Most people think the scholarship recipients come from rural or agricultural areas, however 83% of recipients actually come from urban or suburban backgrounds
    • Currently, 122 scholarship-awarded students are enrolled in 54 different majors at 15 Texas colleges or universities
    • 49% of scholarship recipients come from a household income of $50,000 or less
    Everyone on the Q committee is tasked with bringing in various donations both in products & services to help raise funds in the auctions. I was able to secure two gift certificates to what is arguably two of the top 5 BBQ joints in the State of Texas (& by default, the United States of America).

If you are interested in bidding on these items, you may attend our dinner / dance function with the purchase of a $ 30.00 per person ticket - the event happens on 03 March, 6p @ the Banquet Hall on the grounds of the Travis County Exposition Center (the same location as the Star of Texas Fair & Rodeo, near Decker Lake in East Austin).

The festivities will include:

Happy Hour
    Buffet
    Auction Preview
    Silent Auction
    Live Auction
    Concert / Musical Guest (this year's performer: Rick Trevino)

Again, tickets start at $ 30.00 and may be purchased here: http://www.rodeoaustin.com/events_detail.aspx?id=950

And now for the good stuff & how it relates to GM Steakhouse:

In a combined package, the winning bidder will receive:

(1) Autographed original & complete issue of Texas Monthly with both Aaron Franklin & John Mueller on the cover.

Food package from Franklin BBQ:
    (1) lb of brisket
    (1) lb of ribs (Franklin only does pork)
    (1) lb of pulled pork
    (1) lb of sausage
    (1) lb of turkey
    No Line / No Wait Service (must place order 2 days prior to pickup & specify the STFR auction, plus present the gift certificate card as signed by Stacy Franklin AND for "no line service" must take the order to go / not eat onsite).
    Minimum retail value of $ 100.00

Food package from John Mueller BBQ:
    (1) whole brisket
    (1) whole rack of beef ribs
    (1) whole sausage
    No Line / No Wait Service (must place order 2 days prior to pickup & specify the STFR auction, plus present the gift certificate card as signed by John Mueller AND for "no line service" must take the order to go / not eat onsite). Obviously this is not as special for John as it is for Franklin, but John's line & typical wait is growing.
    Minimum retail value: $ 150.00

I think the Mueller Q item has some other stuff on it, but I turned in the paperwork & gift certs last week & don't completely remember.

If you are interested in bidding on this package but cannot attend, arrangements can be made via PM & advance authorization. I have no idea if this package will be listed in the silent or live auction as well as if it might be combined into another package of products.

asshat Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke's Avatar
    $1.00

asshat Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain's Avatar
    $0.99

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar
    lol. i came here to post that this thread is ironic. you post about how we can't ignore a charity benefit yet you yourself donated a whopping $1 towards a shaggy member's cookoff team at THIS SAME EVENT and still ingested copious amounts of food and beer.
    Last edited by G4; 02-19-2012 at 06:13 PM.

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar
    i guess i should say that this is a solid event and does a great job raising money each year. it's not quite as grand as the houston one, but it's still a GREAT time. everyone should participate.

asshat Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain GORN Blain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmithIV View Post
    lol. i came here to post that this thread is ironic. you post about how we can't ignore a charity benefit yet you yourself donated a whopping $1 towards a shaggy member's cookoff team at THIS SAME EVENT and still ingested copious amounts of food and beer.
    ...and not only encouraged other people to donate the minimum, if nothing at all.

i forgot about that part.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt's Avatar
    i have a 10% off best buy coupon

R.T.B SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII's Avatar
    subscribed for the drama

Oh and just for the record. I'd throw down $100 for a full rack of beef ribs from John Mueller and a smile from Kaci.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmithIV View Post
    I've actually donated over $ 750.00 in ca$h towards Luke Duke's team alone as well as material supplies (+ various amounts to other teams) plus been donating time & other resources to the STFR for almost 10 years now.

& Yes, I did err in suggesting a small donation in the post last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    $0.99
    Really $#@!!.. Remember I have kaci's phone number

Oh and just for the record. I'd throw down $100 for a full rack of beef ribs from John Mueller and a smile from Kaci.
    Oh sorry i didnt read down far enough..

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe jackson View Post
    Oh sorry i didnt read down far enough..
    Yeah, better check yo self.

Yeah, better check yo self.
    Ha.. consider me checked

Proud Kohls Card Holder wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix Shaggy Gold Club wix's Avatar

Auction was last Saturday evening.

This was a "live" item vs. silent.

$ 500.00 Was spent on this package item & we raised over $ 90,000.00 on the night. Hell, I made two Screech Owl houses that sold for $ 45.00 / $ 50.00 each.

Much thanks to both John & Aaron; can't wait to do this again next year (& I may have to try & nab up a couple of extra copies of Texas Monthly, get them autographed now & keep them on hand for future auctions).

Banned kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen
    tl;dr

Banned kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen kcrad is a Model Citizen
    three feety or a nickle 95

• + Reply to Thread