+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: staying ahead of the decommits - sumlin's 2013 class

bunghole HoyaAg is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HoyaAg is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HoyaAg is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HoyaAg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    difference here is that we acknowledge good players when you have them, you people still think reggie/johnson are better than vince young and tannehill was better than colt mccoy was...and of course bucky was better than all of them combined. the most delusional fanbase on the planet, thats the difference...it goes way beyond bias...
    No, you don't. Your susceptible to the same bias that every fanbase, political party, apple vs mac fanboy crap that everyone else is. On this very site folks were talking about how Von Miller was at best a 2nd round guy with limited league upside. Of course, there were saner heads saying "good is good." There's no such thing as a critical mass, or even sizable minority, that thinks reggie/johnson were better than Vince. There are a handful of vocal idiots. I will concede that our vocal idiots are more plentiful on TexAgs than yours are on Shaggy.

asshat closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    i'm assuming you're leaving griffin off b/c of grades, but i think you're nuts if you don't think lacouture or gustafson could help texas, or anyone else, in a major way.

for what its worth our coaches love victor davis and consider him a huge get. i don't really see it.
    Yeah, dude, I meant Griffin and not Gibson. The Gs are running together. Griffin is Robert Ferguson stupid and he might be a help down the line.

Lacouture and Gustafson are the kind of guys Texas shouldn't have to take unless they are just pure glue types. They might wind up AAs, but no one would take them over Raulerson, Robinson, James, Perkins, Wilson, Golden, Manning, etc. They're fine for what ATM is right now, which is Arkansas/Miss State level competitive.

asshat closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by HoyaAg View Post
    No, you don't. Your susceptible to the same bias that every fanbase, political party, apple vs mac fanboy crap that everyone else is. On this very site folks were talking about how Von Miller was at best a 2nd round guy with limited league upside. Of course, there were saner heads saying "good is good." There's no such thing as a critical mass, or even sizable minority, that thinks reggie/johnson were better than Vince. There are a handful of vocal idiots. I will concede that our vocal idiots are more plentiful on TexAgs than yours are on Shaggy.
    I think you're going to convince some people. You should stay at it. I expect a mea culpa from mileslong any minute.

Every fanbase underestimates their bias. That said, the aggy delusion is unique. Look at ag96's post above for a classic example

asshat victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88's Avatar
    So what you're saying is that our fanbase reacts inconsistently to news and demonstrates a strong positive bias towards our players and coach's decision making, and a strong negative bias against those of our rivals. You might be on to something here.
    lol... you can find plenty of examples of the opposite especially on this site. People were pissed when we offered the likes of Taylor Doyle, De La Torre, Chet Moss, etc.

However, go over to texags. Every commit, even the ones with only one offer (aggies), are supposedly "big time commits", "underrated", "he was high on the coaches board", or the best one yet... "he's an SEC recruit". Truth is you guys have taken some VERY questionable takes this early. While it's generating excitement right now, chances are you will not have many spots left later in the process for late bloomers... an issue we had to deal with.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09's Avatar
    No, you don't... There's no such thing as a critical mass, or even sizable minority, that thinks reggie/johnson were better than Vince. There are a handful plethora of vocal idiots in the world & 98% are aggy. I will concede that our vocal idiots are more plentiful on TexAgs than yours are on Shaggy.
    FIFY. Seriously HoyaAg, you're a good sport & one of the more tolerable ags on here but seriously.

No, I'm not saying every aggy grad, drop-out or student is a loud-mouthed moron. However, your campus culture has long been documented of having a rather severe obsessiveness about being an aggy. Don't go all pink ass on us now. You can debate this until your maroon in the face but the facts remain and the evidence is well established.

You people are definitely of a whole different kind. Yeah.... I said 'you people.'
    Last edited by HousHorn09; 02-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.

asshat The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link's Avatar
    Most aggy fans aren't delusional, but most delusional fans are aggys.

asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    haha, I just recently saw a thread on there where they were gloating about how all their players were on the ESPN 150 list. Then one of the smarter ones figured out it was just a watch list that has about 500 prospects. I couldn't help but laugh.
    i saw that too, it was $#@!ing funny.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...594&forum_id=9

Aggy thinks they have 8 of the Top 150!

bunghole ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by alincoln View Post
    Every fanbase underestimates their bias. That said, the aggy delusion is unique. Look at ag96's post above for a classic example
    I like the class we have so far, think a few will be really good, one or two might be under the radar, and a few others could be contributors, and that qualifies as delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by tokamak View Post
    bizzle, what are the odds that Stewart goes to baseball? Are y'all taking another QB for sure?
    no clue on the baseball as ive completely given up on trying to call those shots, but it looks like this staff is all about adding kenny hill to the mix.

Perkins, Robinson, Raulerson, Porter, and Wilson are all better OT prospects than Gustafson.
    Perkins for sure, but no on all the rest - i love raulerson, but he's not an edge ol prospect; he's going to be a stud sde or center for you guys. i think gustafson is going to be a great tackle in about 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by closetojumping View Post
    They're fine for what ATM is right now, which is Arkansas/Miss State level competitive.
    a man can dream.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09 Shaggy Gold Club HousHorn09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ag96 View Post
    I like the class we have so far, think a few will be really good, one or two might be under the radar, and a few others could be contributors, and that qualifies as delusional?

Sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but these are just ESPN 150 watchlist guys. There's probably about 300-500 on the watchlist right now, and they'll cull the list later this year.
    Ah, I see. Was definitely curious about that as I was doing my research. I just wanted to give everyone an idea about where this class stacks up on a national scale and how many of the 13 guys are "elites"
    25 posts later... Yep, you tards are delusional. Just not 100% of the time.

asshat neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44's Avatar
    A&M is doing well early, but might be reaching on a few early. What remains to be seen is if those guys move up in the rankings as most Aggies assume they will all end up 4 stars.

great pickups

Derek Griffin - grade risk
    Jamar Gibson - grade risk
    Ishmael Wilson
    Isaiah Golden
    Kohl Stewart

Good pickups

JJ Gustafson
    James White - (although they think he's the best back in Texas which I don't get)
    Kerrick Huggins
    Christian Lacouture

People I've never heard of who Aggies think will be high 4 stars when all is said and done

Johnny Jefferson
    Victor Davis
    Jonathan Wiggins
    Joas Aguilar

Overall good haul so far. Ishmael Wilson is the only surprise out of the bunch. Thought he was LSU all day.

asshat victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88 grows his own roses victory88's Avatar
    n
    Perkins for sure, but no on all the rest - i love raulerson, but he's not an edge ol prospect; he's going to be a stud sde or center for you guys. i think gustafson is going to be a great tackle in about 3 years.
    You think J.J Gustafson is a better OT prospect than Raulerson, Robinson, Wilson? Okay... Porter can be argued. Those other guys have been heavily recruited by some big time teams to play OL. Raulerson is about 15 pounds lighter than Gustafson right now. They will both need to gain quite a bit of weight to handle OT, but if they do, I'm not sure anyone with would pick Gustafson over Raulerson. Pro with Raulerson is that if he doesn't gain the weight, he's still going to be a badass DE. Can't say the same for Gustafson.

As far as A'Shawn Robinson and Wilson, they were recruited by the likes of Bama, LSU, Florida, Texas, USC, etc to play OT. They both are at 300lb+ and are on a whole another level than Gustafson. Anyone outside of aggyland would pick these two over him.

I do agree that Gustafson is talented and definitely a guy every program could use. But he's not a franchise player at LT, atleast not right now. He needs to put on about 30-35 lbs and has a ways to go. Could he potentially end up as a better prospect than the ones mentioned above, sure... but most programs will take a 300 OT right now who is just as quick and flexible over a 265-270 guy that hasn't filled out his frame yet with the potential to lose quickness.

Like I said, he's a good get but he's not even in the top 5 OT prospects in the state this year. Not a bad thing considering it's one of best years for OL prospects.
    Last edited by victory88; 02-21-2012 at 10:10 AM.

asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    Ishmael Wilson is the only surprise out of the bunch. Thought he was LSU all day.
    He will be on "de-commit watch" for the next 11 months. Appears susceptible, but who knows, Aggy may hold on.

bunghole ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen ag96 is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by neonmoon44 View Post
    A&M is doing well early, but might be reaching on a few early. What remains to be seen is if those guys move up in the rankings as most Aggies assume they will all end up 4 stars.

great pickups

Derek Griffin - grade risk
    Jamar Gibson - grade risk
    Ishmael Wilson
    Isaiah Golden
    Kohl Stewart

Good pickups

JJ Gustafson
    James White - (although they think he's the best back in Texas which I don't get)
    Kerrick Huggins
    Christian Lacouture

People I've never heard of who Aggies think will be high 4 stars when all is said and done

Johnny Jefferson
    Victor Davis
    Jonathan Wiggins
    Joas Aguilar

Overall good haul so far. Ishmael Wilson is the only surprise out of the bunch. Thought he was LSU all day.
    Think you're pretty spot on, I'd say White is solid but wouldn't call him the best back in Texas by any stretch. I don't know that Gibson will be part of the class when it's all said and done, it doesn't sound the new staff is trying really hard to keep him on board nor does it sound like he's headed in a good football/personal direction.

Fingers will be crossed on Wilson till the fax comes through.

asshat The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link slams and goes hard. The Missing Link's Avatar
    Texas good:
    Ishmael Wilson
    Isaiah Golden

SEC good:
    Derrick Griffin (grades)
    Kohl Stewart
    JJ Gustafson

Aggy Good:
    Jamar Gibson
    Kerrick Huggins
    Christian Lacouture
    James White

Reaches:
    Johnny Jefferson
    Victor Davis
    Jonathan Wiggins
    Joas Aguilar

Yes. Every relative unknown is a steal or is under the radar or has great potential as opposed to just being the second tier guys they are.

Your inability to recognize your delusion is also classic aggy behavior. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by alincoln View Post
    Yes. Every relative unknown is a steal or is under the radar or has great potential as opposed to just being the second tier guys they are.

Your inability to recognize your delusion is also classic aggy behavior. Congrats.
    Sure, the fact that I'm keeping a positive mindset on guys we've recruited is completely delusional.

Sure, the fact that I'm keeping a positive mindset on guys we've recruited is completely delusional.
    Delusion is thinking that every guy will work out. Odds are good that 3-5 schollies have already been wasted.

i don't know exactly how Rivals works, but it appears they haven evaluated enough of the 2013 players to get 4 stars on the 4 star players.

currently the Aggies have 5 - 4 stars and 8 - non stared players. Are these 8 players more than likely 3 stars? And if so, is a 5 to 8 four star/three star ratio pretty typical for an aggy class?

Quote Originally Posted by YoLaDu View Post
    i don't know exactly how Rivals works, but it appears they haven evaluated enough of the 2013 players to get 4 stars on the 4 star players.

currently the Aggies have 5 - 4 stars and 8 - non stared players. Are these 8 players more than likely 3 stars? And if so, is a 5 to 8 four star/three star ratio pretty typical for an aggy class?
    Most non-rated players will end up 3*, but there will be grade inflation as time goes on. Kids tend to be bumped up a lot more than bumped down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Missing Link View Post
    Delusion is thinking that every guy will work out. Odds are good that 3-5 schollies have already been wasted.
    Then every recruiting class is delusion, of course you think all your guys are going to work out and they never all do. If they did Texas would actually have an offensive line.

Ags have 2 players in the Rivals top 100, 3 in the top 150, and 4 in the top 250. Reading texags, you would think they had 9 elite athletes committed. The delusion is always strong with aggy. We get a verbal from Jake Oliver and he's a 'jag', he's slow, and not SEC good. James White verbals and he's a massive beast that's going to dominate in the SEC. The logic (read: delusion) over there is just incredibly hard to understand.

That said, it's looking like they're going to get a commit from Justin Manning. With Wilson and Golden already in the fold, that's 3 guys the Horn's would've loved to pick up, so I do see a little improvement. Sumlin is obviously selling something these guys are eating up. Problem for the ags is they have to avoid being dominated in the SEC this season or I can see another mass exodus a la last year. You can sell all the hope in the world to these kids, but the proof is in the pudding.

Ags have 13 in the class, five 4* (If you include Griffin(grades) and Gibson(considered a soft verbal), and eight 3*. Horns have 5 recruits total, and 4 are top 100 with any service you look at, 5 in the top 150. I think Hicks will be a top 100 player by the time the rankings are finished, but we'll see. How can anyone objectively look at that and conclude the ags have a better class so far? Yet, if you mosey over to texags, they have by far, THE BESTEST CLASS IN THE NATION!!!! Definition of delusion, but it's just a replay of 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008......aggy is as aggy does.

Then every recruiting class is delusion, of course you think all your guys are going to work out and they never all do. If they did Texas would actually have an offensive line.
    Not only are we honest about kids busting, we argue over who the busts will be (ala who will be the first LB/DE to be moved to TE?)

Look at all the Doyle/Paden hate. This might be the most active board in rooting against its own players.
    Last edited by The Missing Link; 02-21-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Texas good:

SEC good:
    still sticking with this? i admire the persistence.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong's Avatar
    still sticking with this? i admire the persistence.
    Since the aggy collective loves to throw out the term "SEC good". I would like you to tell me the difference between that and Big 12 good...

Banned AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by IcanhazLHN? View Post
    Ags have 2 players in the Rivals top 100, 3 in the top 150, and 4 in the top 250. Reading texags, you would think they had 9 elite athletes committed. The delusion is always strong with aggy. We get a verbal from Jake Oliver and he's a 'jag', he's slow, and not SEC good. James White verbals and he's a massive beast that's going to dominate in the SEC. The logic (read: delusion) over there is just incredibly hard to understand.

That said, it's looking like they're going to get a commit from Justin Manning. With Wilson and Golden already in the fold, that's 3 guys the Horn's would've loved to pick up, so I do see a little improvement. Sumlin is obviously selling something these guys are eating up. Problem for the ags is they have to avoid being dominated in the SEC this season or I can see another mass exodus a la last year. You can sell all the hope in the world to these kids, but the proof is in the pudding.

Ags have 13 in the class, five 4* (If you include Griffin(grades) and Gibson(considered a soft verbal), and eight 3*. Horns have 5 recruits total, and 4 are top 100 with any service you look at, 5 in the top 150. I think Hicks will be a top 100 player by the time the rankings are finished, but we'll see. How can anyone objectively look at that and conclude the ags have a better class so far? Yet, if you mosey over to texags, they have by far, THE BESTEST CLASS IN THE NATION!!!! Definition of delusion, but it's just a replay of 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008......aggy is as aggy does.
    All I see in this post is a bunch of rivals, stars, rankings, top 100, top whatever, etc etc...

These guys committed aren't backup plans, they're first tier offers for Coach Sums. Good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AGGHOLE View Post
    All I see in this post is a bunch of rivals, stars, rankings, top 100, top whatever, etc etc...

These guys committed aren't backup plans, they're first tier offers for Coach Sums. Good enough for me.
    lol... you guys have been saying this about Fran, Sherman, and every head coach you've ever had... and where did that get you guys? a bordering mediocre .500 team for the past decade in the big 12?

Ex: If Ford or Hicks would have committed to a&m, White never gets offered. So does that still make him a first tier offer?

asshat orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress's Avatar
    Most people on here despised the commitments of Paden Kelly, Chet Moss, Taylor Doyle, Roberson, and a bunch of other players. Also, only taking one at a position like Whaley or Shead has been met with hatred. You will not find that on texaggy, ever. All commits are future stars, or at worst they're under the radar or posters are hissed at because they don't "trust the coaches". This fanbase is more critical of our own than just about anyone else in the country. We don't bend to the group mentality that overtakes the "SEC SEC" type mouth-breather. If anything, most posters are probably too critical or too pessimistic.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    and you completely miss the point.

we've taken guys like that early that were first tier offers from coach brown (presumably because he knew they'd instantly commit). does not make them better players, and that has proven itself time and again with our team as guys that are early momentum builders fail to make any impact on the team

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Since the aggy collective loves to throw out the term "SEC good". I would like you to tell me the difference between that and Big 12 good...
    i think 'sec good' is mainly mocking 'texas good', but since irony and sarcasm is lost on a majority of texags, i could be sorely mistaken.

and if there's any difference - which would be minimal at best - it would be in size. you can't miss small on a kid in the sec west, which is why i say raulerson is an all day screaming take at de and maybe c, but there's no way he cuts it in the sec as a tackle, where alabama is sending 260 pound freaks at linebacker at you.

lol... you guys have been saying this about Fran, Sherman, and every head coach you've ever had... and where did that get you guys? a bordering mediocre .500 team for the past decade in the big 12?
    i've screamed for years here and elsewhere A&M won't compete until we consistently grab some first rung targets on defensive side, especially in the front 7. with the 2 dt's, sumlin is off to a good start but obviously needs to hold on.
    Last edited by bizzle; 02-21-2012 at 03:26 PM.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"All I see are facts, but I choose delusion."

asshat Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet's Avatar
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What else were you expecting?

and if there's any difference - which would be minimal at best - it would be in size. you can't miss small on a kid in the sec west, which is why i say raulerson is an all day screaming take at de and maybe c, but there's no way he cuts it in the sec as a tackle, where alabama is sending 260 pound freaks at linebacker at you.
    Yeah, probably better that you passed on 6'5"/260 Raulerson for 6'5"/255 Gustafson.

i think 'sec good' is mainly mocking 'texas good', but since irony and sarcasm is lost on a majority of texags, i could be sorely mistaken.

I mean it as Tier 1a and Tier 1b. You could substitute "Bama Good" and/or "Big12 Good" and have the same result. The basic meaning is that these kids are helping build a National Contender vs helping build a Conference Contender. i just wanted to use familiar terms.

Aggy good = makes a bowl game.
    Last edited by The Missing Link; 02-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.

asshat pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard.
    hopefully this is the last A&M football thread we see in these parts

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Meh. They are still relative as far as recruiting goes. Pretty soon this thread may be a TCU one or a Baylor one, but for now it is still A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Finster View Post
    Yeah, probably better that you passed on 6'5"/260 Raulerson for 6'5"/255 Gustafson.
    frame son. frame.

asshat orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress's Avatar
    We have a pretty good record against the might SEC West under Mack, despite not having SEC West-caliber lineman. Wont two Cotton Bowls with our smallish team, beat Arky a couple of times as well. Good thing we now know what kind of player is needed to win the big games.

Banned AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What does this even mean? Some ranking site has them rated at 3 stars so that's all they'll ever be?

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    I agree with this sentiment to a large degree in regard to their general athletic program, but in the realm of recruiting, they're still a big part of the picture we consider as recruitniks.

These aggy are funny guys.

asshat Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen Shaggy Gold Club Mitch Cumsteen's Avatar
    If they are going to get their annual rash of decommits anyway, it makes even more sense to take the the lower tier guys now. They won't have to start over from scratch so late in the game. It's actually a brilliant strategy: take the second tier guys now instead of having to make up ground with them after its too late in the process.

4 of their 5 best recruits stand a decent chance of never setting foot on campus. Yikes.

What does this even mean? Some ranking site has them rated at 3 stars so that's all they'll ever be?
    Every ranking site has 8 recruits as 3* or unranked, 4 of them have almost no shot at moving up. But hey, "they're first tier offers for Coach Sums." We are making fun of this exact mentality, and you are on the same thread perpetuating it just a few posts later.
    Last edited by The Missing Link; 02-21-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Every ranking site has 8 recruits as 3* or unranked, 4 of them have almost no shot at moving up. But hey, "they're first tier offers for Coach Sums." We are making fun of this exact mentality, and you are on the same thread perpetuating it just a few posts later.
    That's a pretty $#@!y attitude for getting every top "rated" talent in the state lately with nothing to show for it.

That's a pretty $#@!y attitude for getting every top "rated" talent in the state lately with nothing to show for it.
    Nothing? A title game appearance two years ago is nothing?

asshat Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet's Avatar
    Nothing, except...

27-25

i've screamed for years here and elsewhere A&M won't compete until we consistently grab some first rung targets on defensive side, especially in the front 7. with the 2 dt's, sumlin is off to a good start but obviously needs to hold on.
    So you're saying if Raulerson would commit to A&M but would only commit if he could play tackle, you wouldn't take him? I doubt it.

Personally, I'm starting to think guard might be his best position, but I wouldn't put tackle out of the question. The kid put on a ton of size between his sophomore and junior years, and by all accounts he is a ridiculously hard worker. In the end, with his motor and work ethic, he's a take wherever he wants to play. To act like he couldn't cut it as a tackle prospect at A&M is laughable.
    Last edited by RickyVince; 02-21-2012 at 08:03 PM.

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 512 View Post
    Nothing? A title game appearance two years ago is nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    Nothing, except...

27-25

/thread

+ Reply to Thread