+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syndicate (2012)

asshat LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas's Avatar

Syndicate (2012)

So, I picked up this turd last night and was greatly disappointed with all aspects of the game. In typical EA fashion, I was pulled in by an old IP only to be angered by the lack of features, quality, and experience. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Graphically, this game is a complete dog. Frostbite 2 was definitely not used here. Characters, environment, animations, everything. Deus Ex wasn't the greatest looking game on the platform and Syndicate comes in below that. The environments suffer from a lack of geometry and your character, at least within my 3 hours of playing, never once interacted directly with it, aside from using my powers to disable electrical based objects. You can't search lockers, open drawers -- nothing.

Story wise, I just can't get into it. Everything you discover goes immediately into a memory bank where you have to pause to go to read the information. When you do access this area, the text is small, the logs are long, and you just don't feel like you're being pulled in naturally to the story. It's tedious and unnecessary. So far I can't remember any of the names of anyone I have met in the story.

Also, there's no exploring in this game. The levels and environments are purely linear and your end of level score is affected by the time it took you to finish.

Overall, IMO, a complete waste of $60; not worthy of the Syndicate name. Rental title only.

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at this game, the box cover got me interested.

asshat LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. LonghornJudas's Avatar
    I have heard that the co-op is the better experience, but if that's the case, then why even have a single player story mode?

Just roll with co-op as your main feature and build in the likes of LFD, with those other characters as AI until controlled by human.

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    yep thanks for info, I was interested in this game after reading about it on Kotaku the past few months.

Armchair Shagster MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP's Avatar
    Thanks for the review...Have no fear though, the new XCOM (not the FPS but the Microprose one) will be out in a couple months.

asshat RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson's Avatar
    Thanks for saving me $60

Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Paradox is doing a proper Syndicate spiritual successor.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...tel-interview/

+ Reply to Thread