+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 Nissan Frontier 6 cyl pickup Valve Cover Gasket Replacement

Shag's Crazy Uncle Cookie MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm's Avatar

2004 Nissan Frontier 6 cyl pickup Valve Cover Gasket Replacement

The dealer is telling my wife that it's gonna cost $712 $#@!ing dollars to do this because it's leaking oil down onto the starter. WHAT THE $#@!ING $#@!?

Is this legit or are they trying to rip me off? of course they are but is this a normal price for this type of work on a 2004 Frontier 6 cyl crew cab pickup?

the "service"* advisor said something about having to remove the intake plenum.

anybody have experience with this kind of $#@!?

*service - to be bent over and $#@!ed in the ass while they clean out your wallet.

asshat bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    700 bucks for that job is a little too much (dealer price), but if the setup is the same as my Xterra (should be) they do have to pull the intake manifold to replace that gasket on one side of that engine. The other side is cake. But are you sure the oil leak is on the manifold side?

Take it to an independent shop and it will be a better price.

asshat iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush's Avatar
    I might be a woman beater, but I'm not a pussy eater
    that $#@! cray

asshat iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush's Avatar
    I might be a woman beater, but I'm not a pussy eater
    the labor should be 3.5 then that should get multiplied by their rate, ~$100/per hour. Gaskets should be ~$12.33 each + $4.38 intake gasket + cleaner ect.

You tell them alldata says the labor should be 3.5 and see what they say.

report back
    Last edited by iamthepush; 02-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Shag's Crazy Uncle Cookie MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthepush View Post
    the labor should be 3.5 then that should get multiplied by their rate, ~$100/per hour. Gaskets should be ~$12.33 each + cleaner ect.

You tell them alldata says the labor should be 3.5 and see what they say.

report back

naw I ain't gonna have the dealer do it. either do it myself or have a shade tree down here in sofla do it, the car is at Reed Nissan in Orlando. bastards already ripped me off for 550 to replace a $#@!ing starter ruined by the oil drip from the leak. Had to do that because I'm down here working and she's up there getting the last of the stuff out of the house as we are moving.

Now, why is it that when you want something you sane up and become intelligible?

A considerable lack of integrity is what I call it.

Because I am, myself, absurd, I will pos rep you anyway.

Good luck with your piece of $#@! vehicle. Lord knows I empathize.

asshat Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76's Avatar
    I can't stop laughing at the thread title.
    I thought it was going to be an instructional..

asshat Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White's Avatar
    I had an 01 V6 Frontier that had the same problem come up in 2005. I think I was quoted about $600 for the job from the dealer. I was tired of the truck by that point and gas prices were creeping way the $#@! so I sold it "As Is" on craigslist to a used car dealer for $800 over blue book value and bought an Accord.

I had the same problem with an '01 Frontier that I sold in '09. Didn't even bother to get it fixed because I figured it wasn't going to be worth it and it would probably be around that price range. I told the Mexican fella I sold it to about the leak and he bought it anyway. I'm presuming because he could fix it himself or knew somebody who could do it for next to nothing. If I were you I would consider selling it and just getting a new vehicle because I don't know that you're going to find a cheaper quote.

asshat bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    For some reason these engines tend to develop leaky valve cover gaskets, which is a shame because other than that and the horrible gas milage, they're bulletproof.

Yeah my little V6 didn't get the best gas mileage but damn it that engine didn't flat out work. I could haul some serious loads with that thing surprisingly easy. Great trucks.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    if we're talking about their 3.5L, then yeah it can run forever.

+ Reply to Thread