+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two high-profile TV consultants considered by BCS

asshat Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?

Two high-profile TV consultants considered by BCS

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.c...70202/35007658

...CBSSports.com has learned that respected industry consultant Chuck Gerber is expected to be consulting with the BCS. Sports Business Journal reported separately on Monday that Gerber and Dean Jordan of Wasserman Media Group “were finalizing negotiations” to work with the BCS...

...While the commissioners could stay with the current model, but it is widely assumed that the postseason will be expanded in 2014. Three plus-one models appear to be most attractive:

--Semifinals on campus sites with the championship game at a neutral site. This model is now supported by both Jim Delany of the Big Ten and Larry Scott of the Pac-12.

--The entire plus-one played at neutral sites. In both cases those sites would be bid out. Likely interested cities would include Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit and Indianapolis.

--A plus-one within the bowl system. Current BCS bowls – perhaps with additions – would rotate semifinals and championship games.

The games are expected to be played after Dec. 21 with the championship game to be played as close to Jan. 1 as possible. Last week’s BCS meetings in Dallas did not include TV consultants.

-----------------

Would hope they'd go with using the existing bowls for semi-finals, but close to New Years. That would leave the door wide open to next going to 8-teams with on-campus games around Dec. 21.

But expect Gerber to recommend baby steps.

asshat Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    The plot thickens:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...leges/BCS.aspx

...It’s unusual for properties like the BCS to hire multiple consultants to handle media rights negotiations, although it’s not unprecedented. The NCAA used two consultants to negotiate its deal with Turner and CBS — Gerber and former Turner Sports executive Kevin O’Malley. IMG’s Barry Frank worked on the current BCS contract, while O’Malley has consulted with the BCS in the past.

But industry sources indicated that the BCS could not agree on Gerber or Jordan individually. Gerber is close to SEC Commissioner Mike Slive; Jordan has strong ties with Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany. Slive and Delany generally are considered the power brokers among major conference commissioners, and it’s not surprising that they each pressed for their own man to be involved, sources said.

Gerber worked with the SEC on its last TV deal when it was negotiated in 2008. He remains an adviser to Slive on media matters. Jordan, who runs the media rights and properties division of Wasserman Media Group, formerly worked for the Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Marlins and Pittsburgh Pirates. He has consulted on media issues for the Big Ten, Notre Dame, ACC, Conference USA and Mountain West, among others....

bunghole happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happyhookem's Avatar
    "But expect Gerber to recommend baby steps."

ISWYDT

asshat MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    you know the first 3 letters to consultant are..

asshat Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club Rusk Shaggy Gold Club
    I've always wanted at least 8 teams, seeded by a selection committee, where all games but the final are played at the home stadium of the higher seed, and the final rotating neutral sites.

Otherwise you are asking some fan bases to travel to 2 or 3 consecutive bowl games around the country with short notice. Even fan bases with great travel reputations would find that hard to really do.

Can someone synopsize-wang doodle that gibberish?

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar
    If I had to choose, the first choice seems more likely. Yes, it sucks that Delaney and Scott push their $#@! in but that scenario seems to be most fair.

But of course, I support the 8-team model.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhookem View Post
    "But expect Gerber to recommend baby steps."

ISWYDT
    Haha nice.

dipshit Cowboy Diplomacy is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Cowboy Diplomacy's Avatar
    So one is Slive's guy and the other is Delany's. God the Big 12 needs to step and start asserting authority.

DERPTY DERP DERRP ACK!! MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    i think that bcs need to have one o them flamin jet driers at ever bcs bowl game.

Delaney and Slive running $#@!, with Scott as a puppet in the background. $#@! this $#@! already!

Quote Originally Posted by jettrink View Post
    Delaney and Slive running $#@!, with Scott as a puppet in the background. $#@! this $#@! already!
    Scott runs Delaney but point stands...

asshat John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Diplomacy View Post
    So one is Slive's guy and the other is Delany's. God the Big 12 needs to step and start asserting authority.
    Yeah, why isn't the Big 12 commissioner out there, sticking up for our interests?

Oh, right ...

+ Reply to Thread