+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS GALORE Game of Thrones Season Two thread for people that have read the book

asshat mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost's Avatar

SPOILERS GALORE Game of Thrones Season Two thread for people that have read the book

Well since blacklab said we could start it.

Don't cry if you didn't read the book and check out this thread. I will say if you have something from the next couple of books then put it in spoiler tags in case someone makes it through the COK before the season starts but hasn't gotten through SOS yet.

Things I am looking forward to seeing this season:
    1. Melisandre- probably my favorite character now
    2. Mel giving birth to the shadow
    3. Renly's final tent scene
    4. Davos clutching his missing fingers
    5. Blackwater
    6. The sacking of Winterfell

Others?

Dewey doesn't defeat Truman

Asha Greyjoy.

asshat mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichUT View Post
    Asha Greyjoy.
    Her opening scene with Theon will be interesting. $#@! Theon.

I can't wait to see Ygritte.

Here is some thing I think they won't show, the Reeds. Someone on the old thread said they couldn't find any listing for actors to play the Reeds in this season. So I guess Rickon and Bran will hid out with Osha and Hodor and then decide to split up at Osha's suggestion.

asshat mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong's Avatar
    isnt this where arya ends up at harrenhal?

asshat NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop's Avatar
    yeah

asshat NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop's Avatar
    Blackwater is gonna make or break this season IMO.. I have faith that they'll do it right, but it has so much potential to be either really badly done, or $#@!ing amazing

asshat mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong's Avatar
    I believe they introduce the unsolid as well yes?

Pretty sure the Unsulied don't make an appearance till SOS. Their intro scene will be pretty awesome if they keep it.

Thought of some other things I can't wait to see: Craster's Keep, Jon having to OB1 Halfhand, wildfire (saw a glimpse in the trailer), if they definitely show what happens to Yoren, and Jaqen H'ghar.

asshat preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555 slams and goes hard. preznick555's Avatar
    Anyone see The Simpsons intro last night?

http://io9.com/5890410/watch-the-sim...=gameofthrones

I'm really confusing the very end of CoK and the beginning of SoS.

I remain concerned how they are going to do this season without the Reeds. Also, $#@! Theon.

Quote Originally Posted by lowery21 View Post
    I'm really confusing the very end of CoK and the beginning of SoS.

I remain concerned how they are going to do this season without the Reeds. Also, $#@! Theon.
    Like I said above, I think they'll have the Reeds show up early next season when Bran is on his way north. I think they'll end with the sacking of Winterfell, Theon getting betrayed, and Bran, Rickon, Osha, and Hodor getting up out of the crypt to find their castle destroyed. One thing I forgot and was reminded of reading over the summary on Wiki last night was that the 4 find Maester Luwin who is dying and he convinces them to separate and for Bran to go North with Hodor and Rickon to go South with Osha.

I think they'll leave the Battle of the Fist of the First Men for next season as it kicks so much as. It's a perfect way to start the next season. The 2nd to last episode is going to be Blackwater. So the final episode should be Arya leaving Harrenhall, Jon OB1'ing Halfhand and "joining" the Wildlings, Tyrion's recovery, the sacking of Winterfell, Dany's rescue by the two strangers from the West and Bran and Rickon's separation.
    Last edited by mdmost; 03-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.

That Guy. BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn's Avatar
    It begins and ends with Arya. Easily one of the most fascinating characters I've watched or read about in years.

Quote Originally Posted by BatesHorn View Post
    It begins and ends with Arya. Easily one of the most fascinating characters I've watched or read about in years.
    Yeah her story is so great in this book. You almost feel the same joy she feels when she's reunited with Needle later.

I wonder if they move up the Jamie/Brienne storyline since they already moved up Jaime and Cat's talk from book 2 to last season?
    Last edited by mdmost; 03-05-2012 at 10:46 AM.

That Guy. BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BatesHorn's Avatar
    Last edited by BatesHorn; 03-05-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Spoilers, will repost

Spoiler!

Dammit....didn't know about Needle yet. Oh well.

....to follow your plan MdMost, they will have to abandon the books as the Reeds are there with Bran prior to $#@!ing Theon. Do you know this? /Eliza.

Also, Ary is my favorite character as well.

Take my advice, all, who have not finished all 5 books: Just stay off this thread. Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Dany's rescue by the two strangers from the West.
    Really looking forward to this, love me some Selmy and am excited about Belwas. Has he been cast yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lowery21 View Post
    Dammit....didn't know about Needle yet. Oh well.

....to follow your plan MdMost, they will have to abandon the books as the Reeds are there with Bran prior to $#@!ing Theon. Do you know this? /Eliza.
    Sorry dude. After you plow through these, it's hard to not get your timelines confused. I'm guessing on the Reeds but they haven't been cast as of yet so I think they'll just show up later or maybe not at all though that would be a shame. It's not as necessary to get through Feast of Crows to take part in this thread but you really have to get through Storm of Swords. I'm trying to talk in generalities on this thread and not specifics because I know it's tough for those behind to not give in to their natural curiosity and spoil themselves. I did that before I read SOS and it screwed me. Plow through it and then take part in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Sorry dude. After you plow through these, it's hard to not get your timelines confused. I'm guessing on the Reeds but they haven't been cast as of yet so I think they'll just show up later or maybe not at all though that would be a shame. It's not as necessary to get through Feast of Crows to take part in this thread but you really have to get through Storm of Swords. I'm trying to talk in generalities on this thread and not specifics because I know it's tough for those behind to not give in to their natural curiosity and spoil themselves. I did that before I read SOS and it screwed me. Plow through it and then take part in this thread.
    I'm trying to do the same thing as well, but it's hard. I spoiled SOS for myself, by accident, and it totally changed how I read that book.

Take my advice, all, who have not finished all 5 books: Just stay off this thread. Just do it.
    It's going to be difficult, but ok.

asshat El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11's Avatar
    I'm trying to do the same thing as well, but it's hard. I spoiled SOS for myself, by accident, and it totally changed how I read that book.
    ADWD spoiler

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Pollo_Loco11 View Post
    ADWD spoiler

Spoiler!
    That sucks. At least I didn't see that coming. I had an audible moment when it happened that made a coffee shop stop and look at me.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Pollo_Loco11 View Post
    ADWD spoiler

Spoiler!
    Not clicking as I'm not done with ADWD. About 500 pages in.

bunghole cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard.
    Dogs as direwolves? That was so Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    Blackwater is gonna make or break this season IMO.. I have faith that they'll do it right, but it has so much potential to be either really badly done, or $#@!ing amazing
    Blackwater is going to be the final or next to last episode of the season

asshat El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    Blackwater is going to be the final or next to last episode of the season
    Episode 9 of 10

Blackwater is 2.9

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2084342/

2.10 is the last episode and has no title.

First 2 episodes are titled:
    2.1 The North Remembers

2.2 The Night Lands

I think ^^^ is Balon Greyjoy. Could be Aeron though.
    Last edited by mdmost; 03-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.

i think you have an entire season with arya, jqen h'ghar and the faceless men and i would be riveted...

bunghole fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard.
    Anyone know how much HBO will focus on Rob's storyline for season 2? IIRC he is only present at the beginning of SOS thru Catelyn's point of view before he leaves Riverrun, then doesn't show up until COK. Even though alot happens with him out west that the reader doesn't find out until COK.

Quote Originally Posted by fc565 View Post
    Anyone know how much HBO will focus on Rob's storyline for season 2? IIRC he is only present at the beginning of SOS thru Catelyn's point of view before he leaves Riverrun, then doesn't show up until COK. Even though alot happens with him out west that the reader doesn't find out until COK.
    Robb isn't a main character, so probably focus on him as much as they did Robert or Tywin

Quote Originally Posted by fc565 View Post
    They're not following the pov's of the books, so there will be more Rob and we'll see his and jeyne's "love story"

Got a new guess about the Reeds and Winterfell

I'm thinking now that the fall of winterfell won't happen till the beginning of the 3rd season. Saves them on casting and it keeps Theon around longer.

ADWD, but more related to the show
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by El_Pollo_Loco11; 03-05-2012 at 08:37 PM.

bunghole cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard. cadk slams and goes hard.
    Reason #1 I really wish George had given the Targs dark hair
    http://youtu.be/ujY4ckQHLC4

bunghole Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig is a Model Citizen Samson's Wig's Avatar
    That sucks. At least I didn't see that coming. I had an audible moment when it happened that made a coffee shop stop and look at me.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Samson's Wig View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

asshat Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadk View Post
    Dogs as direwolves? That was so Season 1.

Awesome. Where did you find this? Damn I miss my dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonian View Post
    Awesome. Where did you find this? Damn I miss my dog...
    It's a slightly shorter recut of a trailer that HBO quietly put out. 30 second mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3L-u...ature=youtu.be

Also, the wolves are animatronic this year.

Saw this today. I wonder what Season 3 stuff they will bring in to this year. We know the Reeds are out till next season. I'm guessing they'll move up the Jaime and Brienne storyline.

This year there are definitely things we took from Book 3 and pulled them back a season and there are things we hold off on introducing from Book 2 to put in a later season and there are things, regrettably, there’s just no room to include at all. George, luckily, isn’t just a seasoned novelist. He’s also a seasoned television writer and he knows how the sausage is made and understands the sacrifices that often need to be made in the service of preserving the impact of a show as a whole.
    Also saw this. 22 minute making of/preview is going to be airing a week before the premiere:

Appearing on the HBO schedule for the first time is a 22 minute Game of Thrones feature, entitled “You Win or You Die”, that is set to air on March 25th at 8:30 PM ET. Here is HBO’s official description of this feature:

Get in the Game! Enter the world of Westeros with this vivid and illuminating special about the epic HBO drama series ‘Game of Thrones.’ Highlighted by behind-the-scenes footage, clips, and interviews, this feature revisits the events of Season 1, introduces new viewers to the many colorful characters, and presents an exclusive preview of things to come in Season 2 (beginning April 1 on HBO).

i mean i guess they're spoilers.....early sos

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

asshat Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man's Avatar
    I haven't read anything in this thread other than the OP yet. Question - is this thread safe to read without spoilers if you have read a Clash of Kings but that's as far as you've read? I know it says to spoiler tag $#@! from later on in the OP, but I'm still hesitant to read and find out something like Arya gets eaten by a dragon or something in A Storm of Swords.

We were saying earlier that it's probably a good idea to go ahead and knock out Storm of Swords because you never know what HBO might pull out of that and move into this season.

There is a new trailer on hbo.com.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that there is plenty of SoS $#@! in this season, being that it would make it easier for TV

Ygritte is in that new trailer but very briefly. And yeah, the line won't be blurred on Melisandre and Stannis. Also looks like they are going to amp up Margery's role and expand the Robb love story out fully.

I believe also that one of the scenes showed Dany knee deep into SoS.

+ Reply to Thread