+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS GALORE Game of Thrones Season Two thread for people that have read the book

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    i would recommend the ones read by roy datrice in lieu of the ones read by john lee...

Is Roy the one who does voices for all the characters?

If so negative on the recommendation, hes annoying as $#@! get the other guy

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    Ok so I'm listening to the audio books again and I have a question.

I'm in the middle of Feast for Crows and Samwell just bumped into Cat (Arya) in Bravos. When he told her he was with the nights watch, why didn't she ask him about Jon Snow?
    Because she is no one which is a lie.

Ok so I'm listening to the audio books again and I have a question.

I'm in the middle of Feast for Crows and Samwell just bumped into Cat (Arya) in Bravos. When he told her he was with the nights watch, why didn't she ask him about Jon Snow?
    Well she was told to make up a story so people wouldn't know she was Arya. Probably wouldn't have looked good to ask about him.

asshat mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    Is Roy the one who does voices for all the characters?

If so negative on the recommendation, hes annoying as $#@! get the other guy
    Not quite sure I follow the question but when i got Feast I didn't realize that Lee was the narrator and not Roy. They each do the voices for each character which is difficult but I just think Roy does a better job than Lee who does almost the same voice for each character.

Roy is actually going to be in GOT in season two

asshat mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong's Avatar
    there is a live chat with the story editor of Game of Thrones going right now, where you can ask him live questions here:

http://connect.hbo.com/conversations...s/bryan-cogman

asshat hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian's Avatar
    Game of, $#@!in' game of, $#@!in' thrones

asshat Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornian View Post
    Game of, $#@!in' game of, $#@!in' thrones
    I couldn't get this out of my head today.

asshat Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius's Avatar

Space Cadet RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO's Avatar
    Bran's "green dreams" are getting better!

asshat Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub's Avatar
    making unappreciated vitriolic personal attacks
    Direwolves look badass

asshat NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop's Avatar
    wasn't there only one bastard kid killed in the book?

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Can't wait to see the house of the undying...NEED MORE!

asshat Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub's Avatar
    making unappreciated vitriolic personal attacks
    Oh and $#@! theon

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    wasn't there only one bastard kid killed in the book?
    Don't think so. I do recall a purge of the bastard children ordered by Cersei. It was another early symptom of her extreme paranoia.

Good episode considering how much they have to set up.

bunghole fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard.
    Great first episode, I found it interesting that they decided to start the season with joffrey's birthday and not how COK starts with the prologue in dragonstone.

I think the killing of the bastards was largely left to your imagination. They showed up looking for Gendry, and you had to assume what was happening all over. Right? Seems like they've changed up quite a bit without changing the main points, or altering characters. Cerrisis power play w Littlefinger, ect. Love it.

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    $#@! yeah, i downloaded this EZTV low-res rip online from piratebay and the quality is $#@!ing awesome (720p is in progress)

asshat BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory Shaggy Gold Club BaylorHistory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
    $#@! yeah, i downloaded this EZTV low-res rip online from piratebay and the quality is $#@!ing awesome (720p is in progress)
    eztv is the $#@!. I use them for all my tv downloads.

Like A Wolf On The Fold naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija grows his own roses naija's Avatar
    It's already out there that some things are going to be different from the books.

Quote Originally Posted by naija View Post
    It's already out there that some things are going to be different from the books.
    Did they change Asha's name because of how close it is to Arya? Seemed like an odd change to me.

asshat MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHistory View Post
    Did they change Asha's name because of how close it is to Arya? Seemed like an odd change to me.
    No, too close to Osha (the wildling chick at Winterfell).

asshat MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MajorTexasFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naija View Post
    It is known.

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    $#@!ing great. Love the addition of Dragonstone to the opening. Great use of Maester Cressen to be the exposition for Davos. Melisandre is great. Perfect casting. I really like how they are beefing up Robb's part. You know the season 3 biggie is going to just blow people away who haven't read the books. Craster is even more dispicable on screen. Was that Gilly that he pulled in to tell the Night's Watch how they were fairing? Bran's warging was done really well.

The hour flew by. Can't wait for the addition of Brienne and Margery next week.

Someone correct me but wasn't Theon going to Pike Robb's idea in the book. He wanted to make peace with Greyjoy to get access to his ships and sent Theon because he felt it would win Greyjoy over? I love how they had Theon talk about how Ned raised him to be a man of honor. Will make me hate him even more when he gets to betrays Winterfell.
    Last edited by mdmost; 04-01-2012 at 11:25 PM.

I don't dislike the guy playing Davos, but I always imagined him looking like the guy that plays Bronn.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post

Someone correct me but wasn't Theon going to Pike Robb's idea in the book. He wanted to make peace with Greyjoy to get access to his ships and sent Theon because he felt it would win Greyjoy over?
    I think you are right.

I don't dislike the guy playing Davos, but I always imagined him looking like the guy that plays Bronn.
    I pictured Davos as more $#@!ney than a proper Brit. He's almost too polished but I think that's the point. He, like Littlefinger, is trying to overcome coming from a low born birth. It's funny to read people on the other thread who think Stannis is a bad casting choice. He's supposed to be wooden. I liked how he looked like he didn't know what to do after he pulled Lightbringer out of the fire. He's supposed to not inspire much love or confidence. I can't wait to see the Renly/Stannis face off.
    Last edited by mdmost; 04-01-2012 at 11:33 PM.

I think davos' casting is the most perfect one yet...

That may have been the fastest hour of television i have ever watched...moar!!!

asshat NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop GORN NorthLoop's Avatar
    yeah i imagined davos looking more like bronn, also imagined stannis as being a bigger, brauner dude.. but i still think they did a great job.. Melisandre looks EXACTLY like i imagined

I was worried that I would enjoy the show less now that I've read the books but it's just the opposite. So much stuff you can pick up on. Love it.

Enjoyed all the added scenes. The show clarifies Cersei going after the bastards more than the book. And that scene with Littlefinger sort of sets up his hand in Joffrey's demise. Maybe.

Edit: Melissandre is hotter than I imagined but I have no problem with that. Cersei also seems hotter than last season.

yeah i imagined davos looking more like bronn, also imagined stannis as being a bigger, brauner dude.. but i still think they did a great job.. Melisandre looks EXACTLY like i imagined
    I could fap to the jpeg of her in that hood in the preview where Renly is taking to her. I love her so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by fellside View Post
    I was worried that I would enjoy the show less now that I've read the books but it's just the opposite. So much stuff you can pick up on. Love it.

Enjoyed all the added scenes. The show clarifies Cersei going after the bastards more than the book. And that scene with Littlefinger sort of sets up his hand in Joffrey's demise. Maybe.

Edit: Melissandre is hotter than I imagined but I have no problem with that. Cersei also seems hotter than last season.
    Gagree on the thought that the show is so much better to watch after having read the book. I was geeking over tons of $#@! like Dragonstone, Craster's Keep, and Gedrey's helm.

also imagined stannis as being a bigger, brauner dude...
    I did too as I used Robert as a guide, but the guy plays Stannis as dry as his character demands. I'm not upset with any of the cast though they are doing a great job.

asshat hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian is a rep whore. hornian's Avatar
    I thought they nailed Stannis' casting.

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    i imagined stannis to be older, frailer in physicality, sorta world-worn and beaten and crabby... kinda like theon's daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
    i imagined stannis to be older, frailer in physicality, sorta world-worn and beaten and crabby... kinda like theon's daddy.
    That's after all the shadow babies.

speaking of that... which episode does renly get offed in?

asshat Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius slams and goes hard. Publius's Avatar
    Someone correct me but wasn't Theon going to Pike Robb's idea in the book. He wanted to make peace with Greyjoy to get access to his ships and sent Theon because he felt it would win Greyjoy over? I love how they had Theon talk about how Ned raised him to be a man of honor. Will make me hate him even more when he gets to betrays Winterfell.
    I think you're right. I think it was Balon scoffing at the idea of Robb giving him a crown that truly changed Theon.

Either episode 4 or 5. I'm thinking it ends episode 4.

At first I was a bit disappointed in the Maester Cressen death because it's almost like he kamakized himself. In the book she drinks first and then he drinks, right? But her drinking after the blood is running from his mouth makes her all the more awesomer.

The non-book thread is going to come to a head soon. Ruff will have plenty of posters' balls as knapsacks.

yeah i $#@!ed up by posting a tidbit of info on $#@! that ALREADY HAPPENED .. those $#@!ets get butthurt easily. maybe if they $#@!in learned how to read books

Yeah, she's going to get stabby.

I saw who was cast to play Davos and Stannis before I got to those books so I, of course, think they're perfect. Good first ep. had to do some set up, I kept looking at the time hoping there was still plenty left. I'm a little undecided about which is better, having read the books or not. I just remember watching season 1 and it was awesome how I was always surprised and didn't really know who was who. It's pretty awesome having read the books too. Was cool to see Dragonstone, know that Melissandre isn't really all that bad and to have a little sympathy for Jaime.

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    I think they got Stannis right. He's not supposed to be huge like Robert and he has the right kind of face for when Stannis begins to look gaunt and worn down by the strain. Renly was the brother that's supposed to look like like a young Robert. They did $#@! that one up. I like the guy they picked to be Davos also. It was cool they made Melisandre's amulet glow a little after she drank the poison like it did in the book. $#@!, I'm such a nerd.

Season 2 continues the trend of former Star Wars actors being in Game of Thrones

asshat Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado's Avatar
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    Gagree on the thought that the show is so much better to watch after having read the book. I was geeking over tons of $#@! like Dragonstone, Craster's Keep, and Gedrey's helm.
    This.

Watching last night I geeked out over the painted table at dragonstone, and I got a chub during the upcoming scenes.

The stuff beyond the wall is going to be badass, whiteout and rocky terrain is even better than I imagined.

Cersei starting to realize her son is just as insufferable and out of control as she is. You can read that stuff, but seeing it in the throne room was just awesome.

Sansa character is $#@!ing great also. One of my least favorite book characters is my one of my favorite on screen. Reading books 2&3 I always pictured her dialogue as a completely broken spirit, but in the show she still has the right ratio of emotion/emptiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Llano Estacado View Post
    Sansa character is $#@!ing great also.
    falsehood!
    both sansa and joffrey can fall off the wall .

bunghole Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Wadesworth's Avatar

If there was any doubt before last night, definitely the best cast of the show.

$#@!ing great. Love the addition of Dragonstone to the opening. Great use of Maester Cressen to be the exposition for Davos. Melisandre is great. Perfect casting. I really like how they are beefing up Robb's part. You know the season 3 biggie is going to just blow people away who haven't read the books. Craster is even more dispicable on screen. Was that Gilly that he pulled in to tell the Night's Watch how they were fairing? Bran's warging was done really well.

The hour flew by. Can't wait for the addition of Brienne and Margery next week.

Yes, that was Gilly.

asshat Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses Wally Banger grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwun View Post
    I think they got Stannis right. He's not supposed to be huge like Robert and he has the right kind of face for when Stannis begins to look gaunt and worn down by the strain. Renly was the brother that's supposed to look like like a young Robert. They did $#@! that one up. I like the guy they picked to be Davos also. It was cool they made Melisandre's amulet glow a little after she drank the poison like it did in the book. $#@!, I'm such a nerd.
    Yeah, in the non-spoiler thread, they are all missing that the amulet glowed after she drank. I thought about explaining it, but f them for being illiterate.

yeah there is some serious $#@!ing titty baby $#@! on that thread

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    It's ridiculous. NorthLoop didn't spoil anything and was trying to help them with stuff they didn't pick up on. The whole point of that scene is to let the audience know Melisandre has real power, but it's going over their heads.

+ Reply to Thread