+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS GALORE Game of Thrones Season Two thread for people that have read the book

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwun View Post
    It's ridiculous. NorthLoop didn't spoil anything and was trying to help them with stuff they didn't pick up on. The whole point of that scene is to let the audience know Melisandre has real power, but it's going over their heads.
    Yeah but in fairness to what sax and Ruff were trying to do, they don't want book people fill in the holes for them. You take away some of the mystery of the show when you give an explanation for why she didn't die when she drank. You'd have to be pretty naive not to realize why she might be fine after drinking a glass of poisoned wine. They will get their answer in due time, like when she gives birth to the shadow at Storm's End.

asshat NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop's Avatar
    it's like watching retarded kids trying to figure out a riddle - you just wanna help them out but they get all pissy

They know nothing.

asshat El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. El_Pollo_Loco11's Avatar
    It's ridiculous. NorthLoop didn't spoil anything and was trying to help them with stuff they didn't pick up on. The whole point of that scene is to let the audience know Melisandre has real power, but it's going over their heads.
    Lord Beric is going to blow their minds

asshat Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie's Avatar
    That thread is painful. I'm not posting a damn thing in it. I'll just bask in the pain that is coming for all of them!

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Yeah but in fairness to what sax and Ruff were trying to do, they don't want book people fill in the holes for them. You take away some of the mystery of the show when you give an explanation for why she didn't die when she drank. You'd have to be pretty naive not to realize why she might be fine after drinking a glass of poisoned wine. They will get their answer in due time, like when she gives birth to the shadow at Storm's End.
    I get that and I'm not posting on the thread because they ask questions that they don't want answered. Most of the people who are reliable about picking up on details that others miss in tv discussion threads seem to have read the books, so it's gonna be fun watching them flounder through the season without all that help.
    Last edited by kevwun; 04-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.

asshat NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop has a gigantic e-peen. NorthLoop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Pollo_Loco11 View Post
    Lord Beric is going to blow their minds
    haha.. "derp derp i don't understand how he's not dead yet derp derp"

yeah I'm not gonna post anymore on that thread. We can just hang out here and make fun of em

asshat Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie grows his own roses Jeevsie's Avatar
    "Game of
    $#@!ing Game of
    $#@!ing Thrones"

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    When they find out what killed Renly, I picture this happening. The shadow's birth will cause it to happen too. And they thought dragons were the only fantasy element of this show.

Last edited by mdmost; 04-02-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    When they find out what killed Renly, I picture this happening.

something tells me they're gonna spend weeks speculating on who actually killed him without realizing what really happened

I hope Renly's death happens at the end of episode 4 and then Davos taking Mel to Storm's End doesn't happen till Episode 6. It would nice to have a full episode between his death and the reveal of the shadow to fully blow their minds. They'll spend a week throwing out $#@! left and right and then...BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevsie View Post
    "Game of
    $#@!ing Game of
    $#@!ing Thrones"
    I think I sang this about 10 times Saturday night. Was not sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadesworth View Post

If there was any doubt before last night, definitely the best cast of the show.
    For those that didn't watch the interview with Martin posted previously, he says that Dinklage and Sean Bean were their "must gets." The only actors that didn't have to audition and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by fellside View Post
    Edit: Melissandre is hotter than I imagined but I have no problem with that. Cersei also seems hotter than last season.
    Man, lotsothis. Cersei is smoke in the clip where she says, "A Lannister always pays her debts."

I just hope we see Melisandre's tits this season. It looks like it will be a possibility when she gives birth to the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    I just hope we see Melisandre's tits this season. It looks like it will be a possibility when she gives birth to the shadow.
    That's gonna be an awkward boner....

They're not going to understand Beric for years.

asshat dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia's Avatar
    "Game of
    $#@!ing Game of
    $#@!ing Thrones"
    can't stop $#@!ing signing this.

asshat Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco's Avatar
    I really loved last night's episode and am so pleased that I was able to finish CoK before the premiere. It's gonna be one hell of a season!

You better get on Storm of Swords if you want to hang around this thread.

yeah seriously I wouldn't partake in this thread until you at least finish SoS, otherwise you're gonna get your $#@! spoiled bad

asshat fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen's Avatar
    We should probably start a new thread for people who have finished Clash of Kings but are only halfway through Storm of Swords.
    Last edited by fawnknutsen; 04-02-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: A new forum would be even better.

I don't think we need a new thread for that... .I mean seriously how many people would we be talking about? 4 or 5?

Quote Originally Posted by fawnknutsen View Post
    We should probably start a new thread for people who have finished Clash of Kings but are only halfway through Storm of Swords.
    That's a joke, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by fawnknutsen View Post
    I won't take part in your mummer's farce.

asshat fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen's Avatar
    Probably we also need a thread for people who have read the books, but it's been a while so they don't really remember what happened and want to treat the series as though they've never read the books.

We also need a thread for those who have read the books but have not read Huckleberry Finn.

bunghole fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard. fc565 slams and goes hard.
    It looks like Daenerys' storyline will be slightly tweaked as well. IIRC in the book she does not send out riders until they reach a deserted city where they rest and heal up. Maybe the show will skip this and have them heading straight to Qarth once they find it.

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    seriously
    takes everything out of me not to spoil that post

asshat Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22's Avatar
    I'm 1/4 of the way in to Feast for Crows. Is it safe in here?

Post 9,000

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fc565 View Post
    It looks like Daenerys' storyline will be slightly tweaked as well. IIRC in the book she does not send out riders until they reach a deserted city where they rest and heal up. Maybe the show will skip this and have them heading straight to Qarth once they find it.
    Going straight to Quarth would be a good idea and won't leave out much of anything. Dany's storyline needs to be condensed anyway.

asshat 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club 5280 Shaggy Gold Club
    ^ i hope they dont shortchange ser arstan whitebeard in the process

Quote Originally Posted by fc565 View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to them speeding up both Dany's and Brienne's storylines. That $#@! just drags and drags and drags. And drags.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood22 View Post
    I'm 1/4 of the way in to Feast for Crows. Is it safe in here?

Post 9,000
    Hmm. Perhaps you need to start a thread for people who have read COK and SOS but haven't made it to FOC and ADWD.

You should be fine.

He doesn't show up till the end of Book 2. The reveal of who he is isn't until book 3 but I don't see how they change him that much that the viewer doesn't instantly get who he was.
    Last edited by mdmost; 04-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Armchair Shagster MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP's Avatar
    Going straight to Quarth would be a good idea and won't leave out much of anything. Dany's storyline needs to be condensed anyway.
    ^This, and I hope they condense the Mereen scenes as well.....well all except the lesbian scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5280 View Post
    I don't think they will since he's about the only part of DoD that involves Dany that's not boring as $#@!. Expanding his role even more when we get that far would help fix that. It was bad enough in the books, but teen relationship angst on tv will be even worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed who Whitebeard is earlier in the show. It's one thing when you're reading a book, but when the actor is right in front of you, it seems unnecessary to wait to reveal.

Edit: Nevermind. They have to wait to reveal Whitebeard until right before the Mereen invasion. Because Dany has to get pissed at Selmy then and send him in the sewer.
    Last edited by fellside; 04-02-2012 at 01:28 PM.

i think the whole arc is to show how she cant trust anyone, they all have ulterior motives... and theres too characters many in that love octagon to include in the show

asshat Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian grows his own roses Houstonian's Avatar
    My hope is that the series breaks records and HBO announces quickly for renewal of the fifth and sixth season. Martin has apparently told the producers and directors of the HBO series how the main plots will resolve. Although GRRM said he'll finish 7 & 8 before the series is finished, don't be surprised if the show is more complete than the books when it's all said and done.

Armchair Shagster MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP is a rep whore. MillerEP's Avatar
    I'm not sure how I would feel if the TV Show outlives the book series. I wouldn't mind them making a Prequel Spin-Off series though about the First Men/Andal wars and/or the first Targaryens unifying the 7 Kingdoms though.

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    "Game of
    $#@!ing Game of
    $#@!ing Thrones"
    i've seen this a couple of times now - where is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    i've seen this a couple of times now - where is it from?

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    ha - that's good $#@!. gracias 04.

So after watching last night's episode and the bastard roundup I was all like "Man, King Robert sure did get around!"

Quote Originally Posted by MillerEP View Post
    So after watching last night's episode and the bastard roundup I was all like "Man, King Robert sure did get around!"
    He had to. Cersei basically said that she never gave it up after the wedding night. She either gave him a hanj, or got him so drunk that he passed out before he could bed her.

He was going to be a philanderer regardless. After Ned's sister died, he just didn't give a $#@!.

asshat mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong's Avatar
    this $#@!ing assclown jumped all over my $#@! a week ago for answering one of his own $#@!ing questions! then today he has asked another one, look at this douchebag

Please don't answer if you read the books (I can't believe I have to preface that in this thread)

So the boy with Ayra on the wagon at the end of the episode was one of Robert's bastard sons? Was he the same one that Ned found in Season One? The apprentice to the metal worker? Did he age 5 years since then?
    so i ask him again, you ask a $#@!ing question that you don't want answered? what does it matter if you have read the books or not if you have an answer? its insane on there...

asshat mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerEP View Post
    I'm not sure how I would feel if the TV Show outlives the book series. I wouldn't mind them making a Prequel Spin-Off series though about the First Men/Andal wars and/or the first Targaryens unifying the 7 Kingdoms though.
    are there books by martin about this time period?

asshat dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia's Avatar
    Ya, I'm going to try to just never post in that thread (sans the game of $#@!ing game of $#@!ing thrones - because we all should have that stuck in our minds - FOREVER!!!).

While I do "get" their point of, "omgz just pretend the books don't exist", it just doesn't compute that someone that digs the TV series wouldn't just devour the books. Yes, they are long; yes, we're all busy, etc.... But come onnnnnn mmmaaannnnnnn. You don't take $#@!s? You don't take a lunch break at least once in a blue moon? You don't know how to read? Lame.

Yeah, I've posted a few times in that thread, but I think it's best for those of us who have read the books to stay out of there. Ruffian already threatened to kill me again this past weekend.

+ Reply to Thread