+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: aggy's permanent cross division rival to be South Carolina?

bunghole boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? boomhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    i can't wait to paint my new overalls with 'beat $#@!s!'. gonna be awesome.
    SO... who holds the jizz jar???

Banned Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen
    Increases SEC exposure apparently means Thursday night games on ESPNU.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tball-schedule

Banned 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    Yah, good luck with that. Do you honestly not see this move as a complete disaster for Mizzou football? As stated above, the ONLY real success Mizzou has ever had in football was after establishing the Texas pipeline which has now effectively been destroyed. I think Aggy will regret this move because 5-7 years from now they will still be mediocre but without a game against their rival to potentially salvage their season, but I will at least admit it could pay off big if they start having success and get Texas kids to buy into the "SEC SEC" nonsense (a bad Texas coaching hire post Mack would also help them immensely). But for Mizzou, they are $#@!ing done IMO. In 5-7 years, Mizzou will = Vandy in the SEC with zero hope of recovery. I just don't see it working out otherwise. I can't see casting a wide ass net into 10/12 different states in SEC/Big 10 territory yielding near same the results as being able to focus/build relationships in Texas, which is how Mizzou became decent.
    Seems like a win/win for the entire state of texas.

asshat DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard. DLev slams and goes hard.
    R. Bowen Loftin '71 ‏ @aggieprez Just had a great conversation with the South Carolina president about our permanent SEC rivalry. We will make this very special! #SEC #WHOOP
    Look at this goober's Twitter account. It's all athletics entries. Does he know he's the school president? Honestly, the theory that he's just a huge nerd that is enamored with the cool jocks paying attention to him is becoming harder and harder to refute.

Banned 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen 012-Man is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by swonie View Post
    Why doesn't this new 14 team power conference just play 9 conference games like a lot of other conference?

Oh wait I know the answer to that, you wouldn't have room to play SCSU, the Citadel, Georgia St, etc if they did! SECSECSEC
    How many bowl teams are yall playing this year?
    We have 9 on our schedule.

What is your most exciting home game this year... TCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Lidig8r View Post
    I just can't imagine having my university moving to a conference knowing that one of my main avenues of recruiting is going to dry up, the competition will allegedly be greater and that in all reasonable probability, my school will be mediocre at the very best, will very little chance of ever being great... let alone transcendent. But, not every university aspires to greatness.
    yes, we know
    Texas is scared, there is another thread about that

asshat randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 012-Man View Post

We'll be playing 8, so you're right. That extra bowl team totally makes the two FCS teams understandable.

asshat WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex GORN WhoooTex's Avatar

you will have bragging rights for sure while your team is sitting at home and ours is in a January bowl game

asshat BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou415 View Post
    Missouri would actually be third on that list, still behind Georgia and South Carolina, though I'm not sure why that list is relevant. Auburn and Alabama aren't losing recruits to Troy or UAB just as LSU isn't losing recruits to Louisiana Tech or Tulane.
    Okay, it'd be second by a hair. SC has Clemson and USC.

And that list matters because literally every single player in Missouri who wants to play in-state has to do so at MU. Mizzou needs to be on every Missourian's radar.

It took you both the second-best draft pick/FBS school ratio in the country PLUS getting a third of your players from Texas for you guys to achieve "pretty good" status in the Big 12. "Pretty good" means consistent winning seasons without achieving anything of value.

In summary, Mizzou's done a piss-poor job of exploiting its state monopoly AND it's losing its Texas pipeline AND it's heading to a much tougher place than the Big 12 North where they didn't win $#@! anyway.

How is this not obvious to you guys?

Playing 9 bowl teams? Well, 9 losses right there....

You're small fry/Hyman Roth....

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrangeJayhawk View Post

And that list matters because literally every single player in Missouri who wants to play in-state has to do so at MU. Mizzou needs to be on every Missourian's radar.

It took you both the second-best draft pick/FBS school ratio in the country PLUS getting a third of your players from Texas for you guys to achieve "pretty good" status in the Big 12. "Pretty good" means consistent winning seasons without achieving anything of value.

In summary, Mizzou's done a piss-poor job of exploiting its state monopoly AND it's losing its Texas pipeline AND it's heading to a much tougher place than the Big 12 North where they didn't win $#@! anyway.

...and now the SEC teams will have greater access to your in-state recruits.

asshat Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man's Avatar
    Seems like a win/win for the entire state of texas.
    How is the state of Texas any of your concern?

Quote Originally Posted by randomscribbles View Post
    We'll be playing 8, so you're right. That extra bowl team totally makes the two FCS teams understandable.
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    The Big 12 had the highest strength of schedule in the country last year (by computer average). In fact Texas had the 4th toughest schedule if you averaged out the BCS computers. One of the teams that hurt our SOS the most was... aggy. Plugging in WVU and TCU I think almost assures that we will have a top 10 SOS again next year. But thank you for your idiocy.

Banned AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen AGGHOLE is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Horns Up View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    The Big 12 had the highest strength of schedule in the country last year (by computer average). In fact Texas had the 4th toughest schedule if you averaged out the BCS computers. One of the teams that hurt our SOS the most was... aggy. Plugging in WVU and TCU I think almost assures that we will have a top 10 SOS again next year. But thank you for your idiocy.
    And yet... the voters still put up the #2 SEC team over the #1 Big 12 team. Tsk tsk tsk....

asshat mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost's Avatar
    Must be real exciting to know all those ranked teams are coming to town yet your own team will be so awful and get so destroyed that they will never be ranked.

dipshit Me is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I'll miss aggy. They were the perfect rival in that they could $#@! up anything. They perfected the art of the choke so many times and it never got old. Their incompetence on the field is only eclipsed by the delusions of grandeur of their fan base. I for one, will miss those stupid $#@!s.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Oklahoma View Post
    ...and now the SEC teams will have greater access to your in-state recruits.
    Do you truly believe this will affect Texas more than OU, OSU, TCU....et al?

Quote Originally Posted by horngrad03 View Post
    Do you truly believe this will affect Texas more than OU, OSU, TCU....et al?
    I was responding to the Missouri guy about Missouri, and, no, I do not think it will affect Texas more than ...

Shag's Crazy Uncle Cookie MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'll miss aggy. They were the perfect rival in that they could $#@! up anything. They perfected the art of the choke so many times and it never got old. Their incompetence on the field is only eclipsed by the delusions of grandeur of their fan base. I for one, will miss those stupid $#@!s.
    aggy is leaving the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrangeJayhawk View Post

I had already divided South Carolina's (and Georgia's) number by 2.

And I'm still not seeing how the total number of FBS programs rather than just BCS-conference programs is relevant. Troy steals as many recruits from Alabama as Southeast Missouri State steals from Mizzou.

Shag's Crazy Uncle Cookie MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm GORN MrPhlegm's Avatar
    oh, I would be remiss if in all this innane folderol from the $#@!ing cowards who RAN AWAY, I did not reiterate the fact that...

OU sucks

asshat Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man GORN Celery Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AGGHOLE View Post
    And yet... the voters still put up the #2 SEC team over the #1 Big 12 team. Tsk tsk tsk....
    And A&M will never, ever be the #2 SEC team. Enjoy settling for taking pride in the accomplishments of your conference mates for the next 100 years.

asshat The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man's Avatar
    yes, we know
    Texas is scared, there is another thread about that
    yep....scared of making moronic 1000 yr decisions based on $#@! envy. 12th-man?? ha. try 12th Place. Get those white surrender towels ready too.

bunghole crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. crainiac's Avatar
    Sad for you that you think third tier SEC! teams running train on you means you're a contributing member... aggy and that jock sniffing poindexter you call the prez will soon realize that the only way to get your names in the news was to find a new group of stepfathers who will also (at least you're used to it) curb stomp you. You won't have to see them on Mondays (unless you decide to take that job at the spittoon museum in arkybamasippilinada), so that will improve your quality of life somewhat. You'll get to head into town in January with your "city overalls" on and cheer on your rapists in a real bowl from the filthy mattress on the floor of your shreveport hotel room. secsecsec

asshat The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man grows his own roses The Smoking_Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crainiac View Post
    Sad for you that you think third tier SEC! teams running train on you means you're a contributing member... aggy and that jock sniffing poindexter you call the prez will soon realize that the only way to get your names in the news was to find a new group of stepfathers who will also (at least you're used to it) curb stomp you. You won't have to see them on Mondays (unless you decide to take that job at the spittoon museum in arkybamasippilinada), so that will improve your quality of life somewhat. You'll get to head into town in January with your "city overalls" on and cheer on your rapists in a real bowl from the filthy mattress on the floor of your shreveport hotel room. secsecsec
    well........said. You definately have the spirit! Carry on Crainiac, with your evil diatribe!

asshat Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete GORN Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    I'm not sure you know what "same amount" means.

I'll give you a hint. $9 million and $18 million are not the "same amount."
    Right. But they will be getting the same amount. I didn't say this year. I said they would be getting the same amount, as Mizzou would if you hadn't run away like the scared pussies you are. We are paying for WVU to leave their conference, so essentially, they are paying us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    Right. But they will be getting the same amount. I didn't say this year. I said they would be getting the same amount, as Mizzou would if you hadn't run away like the scared pussies you are. We are paying for WVU to leave their conference, so essentially, they are paying us back.
    Kinda like we paid to get aggy to leave with the pro-rated exit fee. Fair trade in my eyes. Same reason divorces are expensive; cuz they're $#@!ing worth it.

asshat BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses BurntOrangeJayhawk grows his own roses

And I'm still not seeing how the total number of FBS programs rather than just BCS-conference programs is relevant. Troy steals as many recruits from Alabama as Southeast Missouri State steals from Mizzou.
    Oh, it matters. It means you have zero brand dilution. Zero confusion. Zero high school coaches from Mizzou's in-state rivals who'd steer recruits away from Mizzou out of spite. You don't see it as an advantage because you've never done $#@! with it. You're the anti-Nebraska when it comes to this.

And now you're letting the rest of the SEC pillage your state? I can't stop you guys from committing suicide, but damn, open your $#@!in eyes.

I think schedule smack is the only thing aggy has left. They really just don't get it.

aggy and mizzou were a combined 2 games over .500 in the history of the Big XII. 1 conference title between the 2 of them. TCU and WVU have more than that just last season. We add the pride of 2 conferences, and we lose 2 ho hum also rans. Yes, you are now in the SEC, but you had $#@! to do with that success, and you will continue to have $#@! to do with their success.

Imagine if Vince Carter was running around talking about how great the Mavs are and how awesome he is for being a world champion. You would think "what a dumbass, he wasn't even there last year".

I guess I am appealing to aggy logic. For that waste of time I am sorry.

asshat juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz's Avatar
    aggy delusion

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    i'm not sure the sec is wedded to the idea of a permanent cross division 'rival' for the long term...

As long as Bama and the Vols and UGA and Auburn are in opposite divisions, there will be permanent rivals in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    tigger is banking on two more additions and a move west that gets them back in to texas. they want/need pig as their Xdiv game for geography and cultural purposes.

I thought they felt that keeping the Texas connection going was the most important thing, but apparently not.

Huge mistake- they could always build up a rivalry with Arky if/when SEC goes to 16 and they move to the West, but they'd be far better served in the meantime by keeping Aggy as their permanent rival, focusing on Texas recruits and having a more competitive program via those recruits.

Mizzou recruiting in GA and FL ought to be fun to watch. Would like to hear that pitch.

Banned Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen Urinal Cake is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by USC Traveler View Post
    I thought they felt that keeping the Texas connection going was the most important thing, but apparently not.

Huge mistake- they could always build up a rivalry with Arky if/when SEC goes to 16 and they move to the West, but they'd be far better served in the meantime by keeping Aggy as their permanent rival, focusing on Texas recruits and having a more competitive program via those recruits.

Mizzou recruiting in GA and FL ought to be fun to watch. Would like to hear that pitch.
    2 career games in Texas probably wouldn't mean much in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by USC Traveler View Post

no $#@!, can't wait to hear what they tell the sofla guys.

Pedantic Asshole Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry's Avatar

I agree that the impact is so small it can be ignored, but for example Demarcus Ware is far less likely to transfer from Troy to Alabama because it's an intra-FBS transfer then he would have been to transfer from SE Missouri State to Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I agree that the impact is so small it can be ignored, but for example Demarcus Ware is far less likely to transfer from Troy to Alabama because it's an intra-FBS transfer then he would have been to transfer from SE Missouri State to Missouri.
    Are there any occasions where a 1-AA player turned out to be really good and transferred to a major program? I think that's pretty universally unlikely that it has to be ignored.

Pedantic Asshole Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry has a gigantic e-peen. Huckleberry's Avatar
    Ugh, "then" should obviously be "than" in that post. Tapatalked that one.

Yeah, I agree the effect is minimal in a tangible sense. The other guy's point about brand awareness and lack of dilution is actually a pretty good one. Not to get overly particular, but the proper weighting is probably BCS conference schools plus some coefficient times the number of other FBS schools (like 0.4 or something). Comparing the ability of the State of Florida to have multiple powerhouses at one time versus the State of Texas throughout history tells me that the additional FBS schools do have some sort of impact. Through 1997, I think, Florida only had the three FBS programs. Texas had 10. Obviously lots of those were in the SWC, so that argument gets muddied.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 03-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.

asshat mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost's Avatar
    Who is LSU's cross rival? Florida? And I heard this morning that the aggy/$#@!s game will be the Thanksgiving weekend game. I thought you guys were getting LSU on Turkey Day? Guess not.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Css

a

Ugh, "then" should obviously be "than" in that post. Tapatalked that one.

Yeah, I agree the effect is minimal in a tangible sense. The other guy's point about brand awareness and lack of dilution is actually a pretty good one. Not to get overly particular, but the proper weighting is probably BCS conference schools plus some coefficient times the number of other FBS schools (like 0.4 or something). Comparing the ability of the State of Florida to have multiple powerhouses at one time versus the State of Texas throughout history tells me that the additional FBS schools do have some sort of impact. Through 1997, I think, Florida only had the three FBS programs. Texas had 10. Obviously lots of those were in the SWC, so that argument gets muddied.
    Yeah, my calculation was fairly simplistic and I'm sure there's a more effective way. One thing that negatively impacts Mizzou that I didn't account for is both of their major metro areas being on the border. Mizzou's success under Pinkel has greatly improved Mizzou's brand statewide, but for the 90s and early 2000s, St. Louis-area kids were just as likely to be fans of Big 10 schools, which led to lots of good STL players going to Big 10 schools while Kansas City-area kids had a tendency to be Nebraska football-Kansas basketball fans.

From 1988-2005, 12 Missouri high schoolers were drafted from Mizzou while 15 were drafted from Illinois, Nebraska, or Wisconsin.

From 2006-2011, 8 Missouri high schoolers were drafted from Mizzou versus 2 from Big 10 schools and 0 from Nebraska.

Texas recruits certainly helped, but that right there is the primary reason for Mizzou's vast improvement over the last 7-8 years over the 20 years prior.

Yeah, my calculation was fairly simplistic and I'm sure there's a more effective way. One thing that negatively impacts Mizzou that I didn't account for is both of their major metro areas being on the border. Mizzou's success under Pinkel has greatly improved Mizzou's brand statewide, but for the 90s and early 2000s, St. Louis-area kids were just as likely to be fans of Big 10 schools, which led to lots of good STL players going to Big 10 schools while Kansas City-area kids had a tendency to be Nebraska football-Kansas basketball fans.

From 1988-2005, 12 Missouri high schoolers were drafted from Mizzou while 15 were drafted from Illinois, Nebraska, or Wisconsin.

From 2006-2011, 8 Missouri high schoolers were drafted from Mizzou versus 2 from Big 10 schools and 0 from Nebraska.

Texas recruits certainly helped, but that right there is the primary reason for Mizzou's vast improvement over the last 7-8 years over the 20 years prior.
    What are the numbers on Texas high schoolers being drafted from Missouri from 1988-2005 and from 2006-2011?

Quote Originally Posted by AGGHOLE View Post
    What does that have to do with AGGIE? What pathetic moral victories you guys have to rummage up lately.

"We are going to get beat by the best of the best of the best, SIR!"

Does it reflect in any way on aggie success that you have been in a conference (Big 12)that has represented 7 times in the championship game in the BSC era? How has being a flagship ]institution (#2) in the best football state, in the second best conference in the land, earning you a near .590 record during that time, a 2-9 bowl record and an average finish in the Big12 of 6th place advanced your status? I'm waiting...

But somehow all that will change when you become the SEC's step child?

Your delusion is based on the irrational world view, instilled at fish camp, that your rightful place in this world is to rule the state of Texas and the world. You need not earn this, because it's somehow your birthright, stolen by the sips....all that "Aggie spirit" and "first state institution" blather.

I tried to look up my question on NFL.com but they appear to have incomplete birthplace information and no high school information where I was looking.

From 1988-2005, they reported 1 draftee from Missouri born in Texas (Victor Bailey, 1993 second round).
    From 2006-2011, the number is 3 (Stryker Sulak 2009 6th round, Ziggy Hood 2009 1st round, Sean Weatherspoon 2010 1st round (high school information)). Recent players have high school information.

What are the numbers on Texas high schoolers being drafted from Missouri from 1988-2005 and from 2006-2011?
    Mizzou had two Texas high schoolers drafted from 1988-2005 and 4 drafted from 2006-2011.

So the Missouri based draftee rate went up 100% while the Texas draftee rate went up 500%. In raw numbers, the Missouri rate went up by 2/3 of a player drafted per year and the Texas rate went up by 5/9 of a player per year. When you add in roster composition (35 Texas HS players last year I think), it's hard to argue that the influence of dominating Missouri recruiting was clearly more influential than Texas recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Celery Man View Post
    How is the state of Texas any of your concern?
    My bad, I forgot, we are no longer in the state of Texas

So the Missouri based draftee rate went up 100% while the Texas draftee rate went up 500%. In raw numbers, the Missouri rate went up by 2/3 of a player drafted per year and the Texas rate went up by 5/9 of a player per year. When you add in roster composition (35 Texas HS players last year I think), it's hard to argue that the influence of dominating Missouri recruiting was clearly more influential than Texas recruiting.
    But again, why can't Mizzou still sign the Texans kids they have in the past? None of those 4 draftees had offers from Texas, A&M, or even Tech. Mizzou gave them an opportunity to play in a BCS conference that their other offers couldn't. What hurts Mizzou's Texas recruiting the most is not Mizzou leaving the Big 12 or having Arkansas instead of A&M as a permanent rival but rather TCU, SMU and Houston becoming BCS-conference schoools.

Purdue, Cal, Arizona State, Navy, Boise State, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, and Vanderbilt all signed kids in the Texas Top 100 last year so this idea that the type of Texas kids Pinkel has tended to sign (i.e. 2 and 3 star Texas recruits without offers from Texas, A&M, or Tech) will only go to schools who play annual conference games in Texas is asinine.

But again, why can't Mizzou still sign the Texans kids they have in the past? None of those 4 draftees had offers from Texas, A&M, or even Tech. Mizzou gave them an opportunity to play in a BCS conference that their other offers couldn't. What hurts Mizzou's Texas recruiting the most is not Mizzou leaving the Big 12 or having Arkansas instead of A&M as a permanent rival but rather TCU, SMU and Houston becoming BCS-conference schoools.

Purdue, Cal, Arizona State, Navy, Boise State, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, and Vanderbilt all signed kids in the Texas Top 100 last year so this idea that the type of Texas kids Pinkel has tended to sign (i.e. 2 and 3 star Texas recruits without offers from Texas, A&M, or Tech) will only go to schools who play annual conference games in Texas is asinine.
    Having a presence in Texas as a member of a conference with 4 Texas teams is a valuable situation that Missouri no longer has. Those kids that Pinkel has signed will now be more likely to look at some of the other schools you mentioned. And Missouri's leaving didn't happen in a vacuum. You mentioned that other Texas schools are now becoming BCS conference schools (if the Big East can still be considered that for much longer). So Missouri is lowering their presence in Texas at the same time that a handful of Texas schools are increasing their profile. That is not a good combination.

Do you actually believe that the quantity and/or quality of recruits Missouri gets from Texas won't decrease? We can revisit your roster composition in 2017 if we remember.

Having a presence in Texas as a member of a conference with 4 Texas teams is a valuable situation that Missouri no longer has. Those kids that Pinkel has signed will now be more likely to look at some of the other schools you mentioned. And Missouri's leaving didn't happen in a vacuum. You mentioned that other Texas schools are now becoming BCS conference schools (if the Big East can still be considered that for much longer). So Missouri is lowering their presence in Texas at the same time that a handful of Texas schools are increasing their profile. That is not a good combination.

Do you actually believe that the quantity and/or quality of recruits Missouri gets from Texas won't decrease? We can revisit your roster composition in 2017 if we remember.
    I think the quantity will decrease. As for the quality, I think it's too early to say. The quality decreasing wouldn't surprise me but neither would the quality increasing.

And what factors would suggest a possible quality increase?

I don't think it's a certified death blow to Missouri's football program by any means. But there is no doubt that the move brings a lot of risk to the program. Missouri's Texas-based talent is not irreplaceable, but it does indeed need to be replaced. I don't see the Tigers ever being a national recruiting power, so they need to get new pipelines going somewhere. The problem is that no pipeline state worth having is set up to be as easy to access as Texas was in the Big 12. A kid from Florida may realize that Missouri is in Florida's conference, but that state is not as strong a single conference state as Texas was. Missouri will play two conference games in Florida every four years, half as many as they played in Texas. Furthermore, local college football coverage is going to be about national goings-on and the ACC as much as it is about the SEC.

Missouri has some work to do in order to adapt to the new situation. It is not nearly as dire as some on here are acting, but it is also not nearly as simply as you make it sound.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast