+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uconn Junior Alex Orihaki to Transfer

asshat RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978's Avatar

Uconn Junior Alex Orihaki to Transfer

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...tournament-ban

Wishful thinking i know, but with our lack of ANY size in the low block you would think the Texas staff would be all over this kid.. especially with Cameron Ridley still in limbo…

i know it's a million to one shot but i would LOVE to get this kid for 1 season..

He played AAU ball with Phil Pressey and they're really good friends so I'm hopeful Mizzou will be in on him.

asshat RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978 grows his own roses RocketHorn1978's Avatar
    Yea Orihaki would be intrigued by Mizzou style of play more than Barnes… Does Texas even have a style of play? i don't think anyone here could actually say what our style is?

roll the ball out and watch me go one on one? i dunno..

asshat elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketHorn1978 View Post
    Yea Orihaki would be intrigued by Mizzou style of play more than Barnes… Does Texas even have a style of play? i don't think anyone here could actually say what our style is?

roll the ball out and watch me go one on one? i dunno..
    Tough physical in your face defense, makes $#@! up as you go on offense.

asshat bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses bularry grows his own roses
    after last year's tourney, I thought this kid would be a star. maybe he just isn't good enough to be more than a bit player.

did he really play aau ball with a dallas kid? that is surprising.

hey mizzou, any word on skip pressey transferring to Ark. now that his brother is leaving? I know he is tight with Andersen.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    sooo hes going to leave uconn because they are ineligible next yr...goto a program..sit out a year..then play 1 season?

or are basketball transfer rules totally different than footballs

Quote Originally Posted by bularry View Post
    after last year's tourney, I thought this kid would be a star. maybe he just isn't good enough to be more than a bit player.

did he really play aau ball with a dallas kid? that is surprising.

hey mizzou, any word on skip pressey transferring to Ark. now that his brother is leaving? I know he is tight with Andersen.
    It was before he moved to Dallas, when they lived in Massachusetts. The family moved to Dallas after Matt graduated HS and went to Navarro, so before Flip's junior year I guess.

There have been no rumblings on Flip transferring to Arkansas in about 11 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    sooo hes going to leave uconn because they are ineligible next yr...goto a program..sit out a year..then play 1 season?

or are basketball transfer rules totally different than footballs
    If UConn is ineligible, he can transfer without sitting out.

I'd take his no offense all defense in a heartbeat..

If Ridley doesn't come all we have that is a true big man is Prince Ibeh… and if u haven't seen him play then trust me he will not contribute anymore than a couple of blocks a game..
    Last edited by RocketHorn1978; 03-22-2012 at 11:42 AM.

His dad sounds like a real piece of work

From the ESPN article on the transfer:
    The senior Oriakhi is reportedly a frequent critic of Huskies coach Jim Calhoun. An inflammatory post on his Twitter account appeared after he announced his son's decision.

"To coaches out there with slave master mentality, ur days are over," the post said. "Bully only leads to resentments. Bb is a fun game not a mental hospital."

Can't say I ever thought of Calhoun as a bully. He certainly isn't anything in the neighborhood of a disciplinarian.

Shaggy fact checker catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn grows his own roses catdaddyhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou415 View Post
    He played AAU ball with Phil Pressey and they're really good friends so I'm hopeful Mizzou will be in on him.
    Is Orihaki from Dallas?

Mitch Light of Anthlon
    Not saying there is interest but Alex Oriakhi can't transfer to an SEC school. The league doesn't allow transfers w/ only 1 yr eligibility.
    Rule apply for Mizzou or not?

Well, Missouri is playing baseball in the B12 so that means they aren't bound by the rules of the SEC at least until the end of the season. If he transfers before then, I would guess it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Freak Nasty View Post
    Well, Missouri is playing baseball in the B12 so that means they aren't bound by the rules of the SEC at least until the end of the season. If he transfers before then, I would guess it's fine.
    You can't transfer mid semester. But Mizzou is scheduled to join July 1 so I guess if he transfers and enrolls in June it will be kosher.

The University of Missouri men's basketball program has added a highly-regarded big man to help the Tigers for the 2012-13 season, as Alex Oriakhi, a 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward, will attend Mizzou. Oriakhi will have one year of eligibility remaining after transferring from the University of Connecticut, where he helped lead the Huskies to the 2011 NCAA Championship as a sophomore. Oriakhi has signed a financial aid agreement to attend Mizzou, as announced by Mizzou Head Coach Frank Haith.
    http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-bas...041312aaa.html

asshat Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Heel06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    But Mizzou is scheduled to join July 1 so I guess if he transfers and enrolls in June it will be kosher.
    Yep. Sigh. Best of luck to Alex.

+ Reply to Thread