+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HBO GO on XBOX Live

asshat SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH's Avatar

HBO GO on XBOX Live

I could have sworn there was a thread about different apps on Xbox live, buy I can't find it.

I remember reading on IGN or something of that sort that HBO GO would be launching on XBOX Live the first of April. With a quick google search i can't find that being said anywhere. Does anybody know if that is true, or have any information when it will be available on Live?

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    I could have sworn there was a thread about different apps on Xbox live, buy I can't find it.

I remember reading on IGN or something of that sort that HBO GO would be launching on XBOX Live the first of April. With a quick google search i can't find that being said anywhere. Does anybody know if that is true, or have any information when it will be available on Live?
    It lauched this week, I downloaded it yesterday and registered my xbox. worked flawlessly for me, slightly more clunky than the Roku interface but the xbox version is basically just like the XBL dashboard.

It launched yesterday. And of course, even though TWC supports HBO GO on my PC and phone, they don't support it on xbox. I hate these bastards more and more every day.

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    also xfinity, MLB.tv and VEVO launched along with HBO GO

asshat RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? RR-Horn's Avatar
    PS3 needs to get their $#@! going............tired of being behind on everything.

asshat SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH slams and goes hard. SLOTH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    also xfinity, MLB.tv and VEVO launched along with HBO GO
    Oh $#@!, sweet.

I finally can quit using $#@!ty on demand.

I think this calls for another wire and deadwood play through.

Quote Originally Posted by housious View Post
    It launched yesterday. And of course, even though TWC supports HBO GO on my PC and phone, they don't support it on xbox. I hate these bastards more and more every day.
    Truth. Even though i'm not really that happy with Uverse, I'll stick with them because they support ESPN3 and now HBO on the xbox. $#@! TW

Truth. Even though i'm not really that happy with Uverse, I'll stick with them because they support ESPN3 and now HBO on the xbox. $#@! TW

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RR-Horn View Post
    PS3 needs to get their $#@! going............tired of being behind on everything.
    PS3 got the sunday ticket and then just said $#@! it.

asshat JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip's Avatar
    Are you $#@!in kidding me!!??! I was so pumped to check this bitch out!!

FUUUUCK

Quote Originally Posted by JNip View Post
    Are you $#@!in kidding me!!??! I was so pumped to check this bitch out!!

FUUUUCK
    Not kidding unfortunately. TWC is trying to "protect" their precious HBO on Demand content, apparently. Even though HBO on Demand sucks enormous ass.

asshat Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco grows his own roses Party_Taco's Avatar
    Yeah... they're gonna get some nice harassing phone calls regarding that decision!

asshat Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore. Quagmire is a rep whore.
    Is directv supporting it?

Yes.

bunghole LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus's Avatar
    Just downloaded it -- this is awesome. Does anyone know if Game of Thrones will be made available as soon as it premieres?

asshat Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder's Avatar
    I love Xbox apps. I have had Uverse on my xbox for some time now, and it's great. It acts as another TV box, but they don't charge you $7 a month for it, it's free. Just pay for the kit and have it installed ~$100 and it will pay for itself in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornJesus View Post
    Just downloaded it -- this is awesome. Does anyone know if Game of Thrones will be made available as soon as it premieres?
    They usually run that screen that says "This episode is now available on hbo go" after an episode of something is over. So right after it is over it should be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOTH View Post
    I think this calls for another wire and deadwood play through.
    Yeah I put it on episode 1 of the wire to test it out when it launched the other day. Now I have to watch the entire series again

$#@!ing TW. I saw HBO Go show up on Roku and was pumped. Then, no. $#@! TW for this and for not having Watch ESPN on xBox either.

so does anybody have Uverse that will lend me their account name and password so I can access this? You can send me a PM with the details.

I dropped TWC today and I'm going with DirecTV. Sick of TWC's bull$#@!.

asshat UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD's Avatar
    signed up for HBO yesterday and fired this up. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but the interface sorta sucks. You would think that they would have the next episode in a series ready to go after you finished the previous one like Netflix does (plus you can just yell 'next episode' at your kinect to start it). I have to exit back out to the main page, do a search for the series I want and then find the next episode.

Will probably keep HBO for 3 months and squeeze out all the series I have missed over the last 2 years. Cinemax is free for 3 monhts right now w/ HBO activation for DTV.

Quote Originally Posted by UTinBigD View Post
    signed up for HBO yesterday and fired this up. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but the interface sorta sucks. You would think that they would have the next episode in a series ready to go after you finished the previous one like Netflix does (plus you can just yell 'next episode' at your kinect to start it). I have to exit back out to the main page, do a search for the series I want and then find the next episode.

Will probably keep HBO for 3 months and squeeze out all the series I have missed over the last 2 years. Cinemax is free for 3 monhts right now w/ HBO activation for DTV.
    I believe hit you hit the "right" on the dpad after the episode ends it brings up others from that season. Not 100% sure though will have to check when I get home.

Cinemax means you also get access to maxgo.com... which sucks.

XBL triple play for 300MS points in April

uh this will pretty much be done for me by this weekend...

the gest is play online for 10 hours, watch 10 hours on vid apps like HBOgo/Netflix/espn, use 1 hour worth of social apps like facebook/youtube all through the XBL dashboard. do all of this and you get 300ms points.

bunghole LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus slams and goes hard. LonghornJesus's Avatar
    So, HBOGO on my Xbox has been a bust for me. I have a 10mbps connection (HBOGO requires a minimum 3 for HD content) and yet anything I watch on it constantly buffers throughout. Any tips or ideas?

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    If your Xbox is using a wireless connection to get to the internet, try using a cable and see if it works any better.

Quote Originally Posted by kevwun View Post
    If your Xbox is using a wireless connection to get to the internet, try using a cable and see if it works any better.
    was gonna suggest the same thing, I've had no issues with streaming through TWC in McKinney or with Comcast up here in Chitown

I only had buffering issues on my PC and phone. On the Xbox the stream is flawless.

I'll give that a try. I haven't done it before because the router is fairly far from my Xbox. What's strange is that Netflix and ESPN3 work well, but HBOGO has just been $#@!ty from the start.

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    Netflix doesn't need as much bandwidth as HBOGO does. Not sure about ESPN3.

asshat YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang's Avatar
    Same situation as you LonghornJesus. I'm not streaming over wifi, Netflix and ESPN 3 looks great but HBOGO has sucked from the beginning.

I just plugged it in -- still starts buffering about ten minutes in and then again every few minutes for about 20 seconds each time. So annoying.

Go to speedtest.net on a pc on your home network and tell us the upload and download speeds.

Go to speedtest.net on a pc on your home network and tell us the upload and download speeds.
    When I ran it last night, it was right around 10mbps download (~9.7-9.8) and 2mbps upload (~1.7). I have ATT UVerse and use the 2Wire router it came with.

mulch hauler SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII has a gigantic e-peen. SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornJesus View Post
    I have ATT UVerse and use the 2Wire router it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by SPII View Post
    Could this really be the problem? I have an old D-link wireless N router lying around somewhere.

asshat RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24 grows his own roses RaiderzX24's Avatar
    Longhorn. Do you have a black elite or white Xbox?

Reason I ask. My black Xbox has the same problem. If I stream hbogo through my white Xbox it works perfectly.

Has been a issue that really pisses me off. It is a known issue
    Last edited by RaiderzX24; 11-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.

HBOGO is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderzX24 View Post
    Longhorn. Do you have a black elite or white Xbox?

Reason I ask. My black Xbox has the same problem. If I stream hbogo through my white Xbox it works perfectly.

Has been a issue that really pisses me off. It is a known issue
    Yep, I have a black version. Damn, that $#@!ing sucks. I want to watch Game of Thrones again damnit.

my black Xbox 360 elite runs HBOgo perfectly, the only one that gets wonky from time to time is ESPN but I rarely use it.

I use an xbox elite that works flawlessly as well.

I use an xbox elite that works flawlessly as well.
    Then I don't know what else to do. I guess it's something $#@!ed up with my apartment complex.

so I'm sure you've already power cycled your cable modem but have you trouble shot your 2wire modem to make sure you don't need to fix the settings on the firewall?

seems like I remember that being a problem with my xbox at my inlaws before but I have TWC at my house and Comcast at my apt...

asshat Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder Shaggy Gold Club Dutchrudder's Avatar
    Just an FYI, if you haven't already tried this:

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-l...used-xbox-live

I know I had an issue with XBL when I first got Uverse in my house and it was because I didn't have 3074 forwarded. Mabye that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
    Just an FYI, if you haven't already tried this:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-l...used-xbox-live

I know I had an issue with XBL when I first got Uverse in my house and it was because I didn't have 3074 forwarded. Mabye that's the issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion -- I allowed all incoming traffic to the Xbox in the firewall settings and I seem to still be getting the random buffering issues.

Apparently, at some point, TWC added HBOGo to both Xbox and Roku.
    Last edited by skipperj; 12-03-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    Apparently, at some point, TWC added HBOGo to both Xbox and Roku.
    been a long time, I've had it at my house for at least a year on both. at least since the Spring I know for sure.

Yeah. I just never checked back. We were bitching about this in March/April. Nice surprise tonight for me.

+ Reply to Thread