+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: It's Easter -- Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead?

Yuppie Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron McKelvey View Post
    And by the way. Miracles happen all the time. If you know any doctors, they'll tell you.

A friend of mine was in the hospital requiring an operation for a serious heart condition that required surgery. A prayer chain was circulated among our group of friends (requesting the intercession of JPII). The doctor decided to do another test just before the operation and found her to be 100% healed. He has no explanation for it.

I do.
    Well then we don't need hospitals anymore. What a huge waste of money, Jesus is the only doctor we need.

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar
    I don't believe I've ever heard of another documented miracle performed by another god.
    I can tell you've studied religion extensively.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Grammer Police View Post
    I can tell you've studied religion extensively.

/sarcasm

I was merely asking him/her to provide an example instead of talking out of his backside. But you, my sarcastic friend, tell me what miracle or miracles that Zeus, Odin, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.. has ever performed that was documented with witnesses that led such witnesses to transform their lives dramatically and die for their faith.
    Last edited by Ron McKelvey; 04-19-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
    Well then we don't need hospitals anymore. What a huge waste of money, Jesus is the only doctor we need.

What exactly does that mean? My friend was going to have the operation but it had substantial amount of risk involved. Should she not have prayed? Should we not have prayed? What harm does that do?

Having a relationship with Jesus does not in any way diminish the value of doctors in our society.

Let's get back to the original question which posters keep diverting from because they can't answer it. Did Jesus rise from the dead?

If he didn't actually do it, why didn't the authorities simply produce the body instead of letting the Christian movement grow (and eventually transform Rome)?

What exactly does that mean? My friend was going to have the operation but it had substantial amount of risk involved. Should she not have prayed? Should we not have prayed? What harm does that do?

Having a relationship with Jesus does not in any way diminish the value of doctors in our society.

Let's get back to the original question which posters keep diverting from because they can't answer it. Did Jesus rise from the dead?

If he didn't actually do it, why didn't the authorities simply produce the body instead of letting the Christian movement grow (and eventually transform Rome)?
    Constantine found more value in making it the state sponsored religion. It has been highly effective in passifying and unifying a populace. Perhaps only surpassed by Islam in that regard. Around that time also, other texts, like Gnostic texts, were eliminated from the bible so that Jesus could be shown as a deity rather than a man. Why do you refute those texts?

By the time Christianity transformed Rome, they could have produced all sorts of 300 year old skeletons. It wouldn't have made a difference. They didn't have DNA back then. A skeleton could have been anyone.

asshat ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas is a rep whore. ousuxndallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature Ninja View Post
    Assuming the bible is true, is it more likely that the Roman guards were duped/bribed/mistaken or that someone was actually dead and came back to life? Potential outcomes (again, assuming bible is true)

* Jesus knocked unconcious, guards let him go under threat.
    * Jesus knocked unconcious, guards took a nap and someone moved him.
    * Jesus knocked unconcious, he wakes up slipped out the back door of the above ground tomb. He wasn't buried, he was thrown in a room.

People are presumed to be dead ALL THE TIME and really aren't. If this happened in this day and age, we'd fine the natural explanation and it would very likely be right. As mentioned before, there is a reason that miracles don't happen any more. It's much, much harder to get away with it. The reason people believe it now is (mostly) they were raised to believe it to be true. We'd be having this exact same discussion about claims of Allah if this were ShaggyArab.com.
    Jesus' side was pierced with a sword and bodily fluids rushed out. I doubt he was just unconcious (sic) or "slipped out the back door". Plus the stone used to seal the tomb weighs more than a human can possibly move alone.

Don't you think the Romans, who were experts at performing executions, would know to make sure the person being crucified was dead?

Yuppie Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Rocko20's Avatar
    And by the way. Miracles happen all the time. If you know any doctors, they'll tell you.
    Hmm, so miracles happen all the time and doctors know about it yet you don't want to diminish the value of doctors and hospitals in our society?

You're undermining their value as it is by saying "miracles happen all the time." Sorry doctor you're not needed, Gods got this one. Since miracles happen all the time we can just tear down these hospitals and build more churches for prayer right?

asshat TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore.
    A good friend of mine moved to Alaska. Immediately thereafter, her mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. A couple months later, her mom took a quick turn for the worse. She tried to get back home and see her before she died. Her flight got delayed and weather otherwise interfered. Her mom died before she arrived. People had been praying fervently for her mom's healing, and then prayed fervently that she would live until her daughter got there. Possible options:

1) The people praying for this miracle didn't pray hard enough. They needed lessons from the heart patient prayer circle on getting God to grant your request.
    2) It was just not GOD'S PLAN for her to live that long. If this is the answer, then it wasn't a miracle when the heart patient recovered, it was just GOD'S PLAN.
    3) God is a being that created the universe/us, but does not interfere in day-to-day operations
    4) There is no God

Choose one.

Is it still Easter?

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar
    I was merely asking him/her to provide an example instead of talking out of his backside. But you, my sarcastic friend, tell me what miracle or miracles that Zeus, Odin, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.. has ever performed that was documented with witnesses that led such witnesses to transform their lives dramatically and die for their faith.
    Read the previous 10 pages on this thread.

Confusionist SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12's Avatar
    The bible forgot to mention that whole dinosaur problem.
    Deductive reasoning....they wouldn't fit on the ark so hence, they became extinct.

Confusionist SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12 Shaggy Gold Club SHOOTER12's Avatar
    And by the way, I'm actually an amputee. I'm thankful for my condition because it helped me become the person I am today.
    Well, we are in the same boat on that one. I also believe that faith or lack thereof, has a lot to do with what is healed and what is not. Perhaps if we amputees had absolute faith that our amputated limbs could be restored...they would. Not an absolute statement, just food for thought. The reason I say that, is I was supposed to be dead years ago. I was a stage IV congestive heart failure patient. I was told I only had a 2 in 10 chance of living 2 years, and I that I would be bedridden and on oxygen for the remainder of my days.
    I prayed for days on end, and without getting tl;dr, I'm alive and well today. Can I explain what happened? There are no words in the english language to describe the feelings that I got when God told me I would be ok. I do know that to this day I cannot think of it without crying, and hitting my knees in prayer, the whole situation changed my life for the better, and also that of my entire family.

Yep, including right here, right now...

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER12 View Post
    Deductive reasoning....they wouldn't fit on the ark so hence, they became extinct.
    Huh? Two of every animal on the planet could fit on the ark but not one single dinosaur? And dinosaurs became extinct due to Noahs flood?

We're re-writing history folks.

Huh? Two of every animal on the planet could fit on the ark but not one single dinosaur? And dinosaurs became extinct due to Noahs flood?

We're re-writing history folks.
    Check the sarcasm meter Rocko...needs calibration...

Quote Originally Posted by TXSooner518 View Post
    A good friend of mine moved to Alaska. Immediately thereafter, her mom was diagnosed with colon cancer. A couple months later, her mom took a quick turn for the worse. She tried to get back home and see her before she died. Her flight got delayed and weather otherwise interfered. Her mom died before she arrived. People had been praying fervently for her mom's healing, and then prayed fervently that she would live until her daughter got there. Possible options:

1) The people praying for this miracle didn't pray hard enough. They needed lessons from the heart patient prayer circle on getting God to grant your request.
    2) It was just not GOD'S PLAN for her to live that long. If this is the answer, then it wasn't a miracle when the heart patient recovered, it was just GOD'S PLAN.
    3) God is a being that created the universe/us, but does not interfere in day-to-day operations
    4) There is no God

Choose one.
    it's #2. something can be a miracle while also being God's plan. a miracle isn't the opposite of God's plan nor does it exclude that it was God's plan. a miracle is used to describe something that happens that humans can't define or explain using the laws of nature and physics that we have observed. humans don't make these laws, we observe them. to God a miracle isn't miraculous anymore than making a tennis ball disappear over my shoulder is miraculous to me no matter what my 13 month old thinks.

Check the sarcasm meter Rocko...needs calibration...
    Damn thing keeps breaking on me.

asshat TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore. TXSooner518 is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsoda3 View Post
    it's #2. something can be a miracle while also being God's plan. a miracle isn't the opposite of God's plan nor does it exclude that it was God's plan. a miracle is used to describe something that happens that humans can't define or explain using the laws of nature and physics that we have observed. humans don't make these laws, we observe them. to God a miracle isn't miraculous anymore than making a tennis ball disappear over my shoulder is miraculous to me no matter what my 13 month old thinks.
    then why thank God for answering your prayers if the only reason he does or doesn't is according to what His plan is? do you believe God has a set plan, or one that changes based on what humans ask of him?

Damn thing keeps breaking on me.

Lol, happens to me all the time......

then why thank God for answering your prayers if the only reason he does or doesn't is according to what His plan is? do you believe God has a set plan, or one that changes based on what humans ask of him?
    i believe God knows what happens in what to us is, the future. the Bible also shows God can be persuaded to change his mind. to be honest i'm not exactly sure how to reconcile that. the Bible also tells us to fervently pray and ask for things because it delights God to respond when we depend on Him.

...sometimes the answer to a prayer is "no", and no, I don't know why.

i believe God knows what happens in what to us is, the future. the Bible also shows God can be persuaded to change his mind. to be honest i'm not exactly sure how to reconcile that. the Bible also tells us to fervently pray and ask for things because it delights God to respond when we depend on Him.
    God must not have been delighted enough with hundreds of people praying so my friend could see her mom again. Do you wear a seatbelt? Why, if God already knows when you will die, and if it is in a car collision, that is how it will happen?

...sometimes the answer to a prayer is "no", and no, I don't know why.
    Because God does what He wants? So why offer celebration and praise when what He wants and what you want happen to overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendO View Post
    So youre a chosen one. Can I bring my grandmother by? Shes 92 and just moved into an assisted living facility and she cannot understand why she is there. Every time I go to visit her and she asks me, or tells me, "why wont you take your Grandmother home boy, you used to love your Grandmother so much, and now you wont even take her home." it takes everything inside of me not to break down and cry. So, since youre CHOSEN by GOD while so many many others have not been and were left to suffer horrendous pain before death I believe you are special. I was hoping if you touched my grandmother (no freaky $#@! yo) maybe then she'd be well enough that I could bring her to her home where she wants to be and my heart will stop breaking every time I visit her. Im actually headed up there in an hour to spend the rest of day with her, Ill check this thread later and hopefully Ill have some miraculous news to tell her.
    Wow...late of hate going on there bro. No, I'm not a "chosen one" whatever that means. I got sick when I was 47 years old. Maybe it wasn't my time, and for the record, both my mother and grandmother wound up in assisted living centers just like your grandmother did. Like you, it literally broke my heart when visiting to hear them plead to take them home with me. We are all (hopefully) headed to the ripe old age my mother, and both of our grandparents reached, and if we do, our health will fade and it may be you and I pleading to be taken home. No one on this earth lives forever, and while it is painful to all family members, it is inevitable. I hope you do enjoy your visit, and while I can promise no miracles, you can tell her that others she doesn't even know pray and care for her, and hopes she does better, and after your hateful and sacastic rhetoric, maybe that's a miracle in itself. Hope you find peace.

Well, we are in the same boat on that one. I also believe that faith or lack thereof, has a lot to do with what is healed and what is not. Perhaps if we amputees had absolute faith that our amputated limbs could be restored...they would. Not an absolute statement, just food for thought. The reason I say that, is I was supposed to be dead years ago. I was a stage IV congestive heart failure patient. I was told I only had a 2 in 10 chance of living 2 years, and I that I would be bedridden and on oxygen for the remainder of my days.
    I prayed for days on end, and without getting tl;dr, I'm alive and well today. Can I explain what happened? There are no words in the english language to describe the feelings that I got when God told me I would be ok. I do know that to this day I cannot think of it without crying, and hitting my knees in prayer, the whole situation changed my life for the better, and also that of my entire family.

Yep, including right here, right now...
    If you are a true believer, isn't heaven a better option? Why weren't you ready to go? No hate, just an honest question.

God must not have been delighted enough with hundreds of people praying so my friend could see her mom again. Do you wear a seatbelt? Why, if God already knows when you will die, and if it is in a car collision, that is how it will happen?

Because God does what He wants? So why offer celebration and praise when what He wants and what you want happen to overlap?
    "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"

Not just the good....

Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    If you are a true believer, isn't heaven a better option? Why weren't you ready to go? No hate, just an honest question.
    Do you mean why wasn't "I" ready, or why wasn't it my time?

Do you mean why wasn't "I" ready, or why wasn't it my time?
    You prayed to God to save you. "Please God, make it not my time," essentially. I don't understand why a true believer would ever do that. Praying for others, I can understand. It turns out it wasn't your time, but you certainly weren't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    You prayed to God to save you. "Please God, make it not my time," essentially. I don't understand why a true believer would ever do that. Praying for others, I can understand. It turns out it wasn't your time, but you certainly weren't ready.
    Well basically after I got sick, and thought I was a goner, I had an epiphany like most people would. I realized that I had basically been working myself to death and that was the reason for my illnessm, my whole focus had been on more and more money. Enough was never enough. That had become WHO I was, and that's all I was. Although all of our family has always been very close, I was never around much, didn't get to attend the kids and grandkids functions, i.e birthdays, ballgames etc. I realized that all I gained was about to be lost, and that it the relationships with my family, friends and even strangers that was most important. It was if I had been slapped in the face, and yes then I prayed for everthing I was worth. Coincidentally or not, that's when I began recovering. Was it Gods way of waking me up? Don't know. Six months later my cardiologist wanted to know what I was doing, had I had experimental treatment or what. I just pointed upward. I do know that I no longer make mid 6 figures anymore, (lol, not even close to low 6 figures) but somehow, someway I've never been happier in my life. The whole thing changed EVERYTHING for me. I know it sounds cliche, but I love everyone. From the people in my family, to my coworkers, even to strangers I say hello to in the store. For lack of a better word, I feel whole for the first time in my life. Believe me, I still say thank you every night when I pray, and I will never, never take my life, family or people for granted again.
    Last edited by SHOOTER12; 04-19-2012 at 01:36 PM.

asshat texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago's Avatar
    Something worthwhile that I learned this past week at church... the lesson was about Luke 9 and one verse talked about how the apostoles should react if not received by towns where they went to preach the Gospel.

4 “Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”
    The comment was that sometimes, as believers, we spend all this time trying to convince people who don't want to convince. Instead, we should spend our time talking to those who are interested and may have an open mind. Don't burn all your energy where the message will not be received no matter how much you try. As Jesus said, shake off the dust from your feet and move on. My advice to those of you on this thread.

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you"

Not just the good....
    But no one is ever like "I didn't get the job I really wanted. THANK YOU GOD!!!!"

But no one is ever like "I didn't get the job I really wanted. THANK YOU GOD!!!!"
    Everything for a reason, a reason for everything...but no, not everyone feels that way.

Everything for a reason, a reason for everything...but no, not everyone feels that way.
    It's like the Tebow thing. He does the "point up, praise God" move after he throws a TD or the Broncos make a FG, but not when he throws an INT or gets sacked, or Prater misses the game winner. Does God intervene in football games? Was it God's will that the Broncos beat the Steelers?

It's like the Tebow thing. He does the "point up, praise God" move after he throws a TD or the Broncos make a FG, but not when he throws an INT or gets sacked, or Prater misses the game winner. Does God intervene in football games? Was it God's will that the Broncos beat the Steelers?
    I haven't a clue.

So God had a reason that Jerry Sandusky anally raped a 10 year old boy in Penn State's shower?

So God had a reason that Jerry Sandusky anally raped a 10 year old boy in Penn State's shower?
    I don't believe Jerry Sandusky ever knew God. There's no way to explain sickos, so I won't try to explain anything that evil.

God was powerless to stop him?

in late 2010 i felt God calling me to another job. it was a job that paid mid 5 figures as opposed to my low-mid 6 figure job i was currently at. i didn't know why He was calling me to it, but He was and I went. for several months it was incredibly hard adjusting and having faith that this was what was best for us. but in hindsight it was one of the best things that ever happened, as the things that happened as a result increased our dependency on God and led us to realize how much joy there is in obedience.

God was powerless to stop him?
    No, freewill and all....
    I don't pretend to have the answers to this or any other of the tragedies that happen. I'm not looking to argue, I've only expressed MY experiences with my faith and things that have happened to me.

in late 2010 i felt God calling me to another job. it was a job that paid mid 5 figures as opposed to my low-mid 6 figure job i was currently at. i didn't know why He was calling me to it, but He was and I went. for several months it was incredibly hard adjusting and having faith that this was what was best for us. but in hindsight it was one of the best things that ever happened, as the things that happened as a result increased our dependency on God and led us to realize how much joy there is in obedience.
    Right I mean I understand the concept of "I didn't know what was best for me, but God did". What about people who pray that tonight their stepdad will pass out before he rapes her again that night, and yet God doesn't stop it? I find it impossible to believe that that rape was best for her. Or the little boys who prayed that Sandusky wouldn't rape them, and they still did? Was Sandusky raping the little boy part of God's plan?

No, freewill and all....
    I don't pretend to have the answers to this or any other of the tragedies that happen. I'm not looking to argue, I've only expressed MY experiences with my faith and things that have happened to me.
    If there is free will, to me that directly contradicts "everything happens for a reason". If God is directing everything, you say "well it's His plan". If He isn't, sometimes $#@!ed up $#@! happens for no reason at all. And definitely understand, not trying to argue, just trying to understand the ways people wrap their heads around the things that took my faith away.

Right I mean I understand the concept of "I didn't know what was best for me, but God did". What about people who pray that tonight their stepdad will pass out before he rapes her again that night, and yet God doesn't stop it? I find it impossible to believe that that rape was best for her. Or the little boys who prayed that Sandusky wouldn't rape them, and they still did? Was Sandusky raping the little boy part of God's plan?

If there is free will, to me that directly contradicts "everything happens for a reason". If God is directing everything, you say "well it's His plan". If He isn't, sometimes $#@!ed up $#@! happens for no reason at all. And definitely understand, not trying to argue, just trying to understand the ways people wrap their heads around the things that took my faith away.
    I'm sure there's an explanation, but you'll have to get it from someone far more intelligent than myself to get it. Just so you know that I do understand one thing, I know faith is sometimes the most difficult thing in the world. Especially with everything that goes on in this world.

asshat DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    Well, I can say w/out hesitation that the Christians on this thread have convinced me I'm right about Jesus not being the SOG. Wow, twisted logic gives me tired head.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglerontheHoof View Post
    Well, I can say w/out hesitation that the Christians on this thread have convinced me I'm right about Jesus not being the SOG. Wow, twisted logic gives me tired head.
    Sorry about that....

I was told I only had a 2 in 10 chance of living 2 years, and I that I would be bedridden and on oxygen for the remainder of my days.
    You know what happened to those other 8 people who never recovered? They believed God "told" them they'd be healed, too (some of them, anyway).

They never recovered, and so they're not online saying "God didn't help me, WTF".

You did recover, and so here you are.

I'll just leave this here.... seems relevant.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-life-science/

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MissingInAction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radiator View Post
    I'll just leave this here.... seems relevant.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-life-science/
    Tebow?

There's a thread here about an officer who was shot to death in cold blood and died at wal-mart. And
    another thread where a mother was murdered and her child abducted, both of which leave behind a family.

Was that apart of Gods master plan? Surely he must take credit for such tragic and heinous crimes if he's running the show right?

There is no god, and 99.999% of the posters here prove that fact. I, of course, am exempt!

asshat Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op Shaggy Gold Club Continental Op's Avatar
    So, I haven't read this thread since about page 2. Has anyone talked anyone else into or out of believing that Jesus is the son of God and rose from the dead in the last 15 pages?

asshat texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago Shaggy Gold Club texasdago's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Continental Op View Post
    So, I haven't read this thread since about page 2. Has anyone talked anyone else into or out of believing that Jesus is the son of God and rose from the dead in the last 15 pages?
    Thank you... close thread.

asshat Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five's Avatar
    There's a thread here about an officer who was shot to death in cold blood and died at wal-mart. And
    another thread where a mother was murdered and her child abducted, both of which leave behind a family.

Was that apart of Gods master plan? Surely he must take credit for such tragic and heinous crimes if he's running the show right?
    When good things happen it's God's doing. When bad things happen it's just $#@! that happens. Then out comes the "I don't have all the answers" mumbo jumbo like we're reading here.

asshat bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bighornfan32 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Five View Post
    When good things happen it's God's doing. When bad things happen it's just $#@! that happens. Then out comes the "I don't have all the answers" mumbo jumbo like we're reading here.
    Maybe y'all should look into a dude in the Bible called Satan.

+ Reply to Thread