+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Let's talk likely arkie coaches

So I guess Ann Margaret's not coming?

Great hire?

Quote Originally Posted by trza-hawk View Post
    Great hire?
    All things considered, it's not a bad move despite the Arkies thinking they'd get Gruden, Bill Cowher, Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Bill Belichek, Jimmy Johnson, etc., etc., etc. They're evidently paying Smith only $850K for 10 months and then they'll be back shopping again. They knew they were getting a short term hire and this makes it public.

The problem is recruiting is going to go to total $#@!.

asshat HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames's Avatar
    They were probably able to use Pay Pal for his buyout.

asshat 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street grows his own roses 6th Street's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotnickels View Post
    I don't think you were wrong in principle.....it's just the timing was impossible. You can't lure a top candidate away from a job in spring ball, it's just not going to happen. There was never a realistic option of getting a good coach. Their ONLY option was to go interim and look in December.
    They should have just promoted that Horton guy to interim HC and rolled the dice like Ohio State did with Luke Fickell. This guy John L. Smith is total garbage and they're wasting the season with him.

Not much joy on the Weber State boards:

On a side note. He wouldn't face the local media or his team. He never contacted or met with them. He didn't tell his assistant coaches. He made a late phone call to the AD and then packed his stuff before anyone know what was going on. He ran out the back door so that he wouldn't have to face anyone. Definitely craven behavior. If he is culpable for anything it is his inability to face up to his decision here in Ogden and explain himself. Yes he made the decision, but didn't feel it was necessary to talk to his team captains or tell them why he was leaving. Such behavior is classless, pathetic, and a grave sign of cowardice. His face is an abject offense to anything honorable, and whatever he did accomplish has been tarnished by his baseless actions.

asshat branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder is a rep whore. branthebuilder's Avatar
    I expect Arkie to offer the job to Manny around November.

+ Reply to Thread