+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Texas Springs Sports Update

asshat js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN
    Ditto on the prediction. The men are too up and down to defeat Stanford. Women have as good a shot now to beat Georgia in Round of 16 and move on

asshat js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN
    Ellis selected for the individuals draw. She's been selected for every single national champ events in her 3 years at Texas.

Texas junior All-American Aeriel Ellis (Hayward, Calif.) has earned a third consecutive berth to compete in the 64-player singles draw at the NCAA Championship. Ellis has qualified to compete in all nine national championship events contested during her three seasons as a Longhorn. The other two national championship events, which are administered by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA), are the ITA All-American Championships and the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships.

asshat perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007's Avatar
    And none on the mens side. Singles or Doubles. Not unexpected, but still at Texas we should be able to field at least one of the top 64 players in the country...

Men's Golf is the #1 seed in the Norman Regional.

NCAA Southwest Regional Championship
    Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club - Norman, Okla.
    Hosted by the University of Oklahoma
    1. TEXAS
    2. Georgia Tech (Atlantic Coast Conference)
    3. Washington
    4. Florida State
    5. Oklahoma
    6. St. Mary's [Calif.] (West Coast Conference)
    7. Illinois (Big Ten Conference)
    8. Middle Tennessee
    9. South Carolina
    10. San Diego
    11. Arizona
    12. Sacramento State (American Sky)
    13. Indiana/Purdue-Indianapolis (Summit)
    14. Loyola Chicago (Horizon League)
    Texas (No. 1 Golfweek) has earned the top seed at the 14-team NCAA Southwest Regional Championship to be held at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club in Norman, Okla. One of six NCAA regional championships held across the country, the 54-hole event is set to run from May 17-19.

84 teams qualify for golf regionals. interesting.

Tennis Post-Season Awards

Women:
    LinaP Big 12 FOY
    All Big 12 Singles: Damico (unanimous), Ellis
    All Big 12 Doubles: Scott/LinaP

Men:
    All Big 12 Singles: Hess-Olsen (unanimous), Sitaram (unanimous), Whitehead
    All Big 12 Doubles: Holliner/Camillone (unanimous)

My only gripe is Elizabeth Begley being left out after going undefeated in Big 12 play as well.

asshat perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. perfectchaos007's Avatar
    I went to Pennock to watch the womens match today. Girls looked solid in doubles and took the point. My friends and I watched Ariel play her match starting off, but after she dropped the first set, we watched Noel Scott's match. Ariel was hitting an unusually high amount of unforced errors in that first set, so hopefully she straightens that issue out tomorrow. Everyone else looked solid. Scott was 2 points away from winning her match when Leach on the adjacent court clinched.

Yall should all come out and support the team tomorrow when they play corn aggy. Less than 100 fans showed up today. I know it was a friday during the work day, but 100 fans has probably been the average attendance at these womens tennis matches. Kinda sad really

Women's golf finished their regional in a tie for 2nd place with Aggy at +14 after finishing at a team-best -6 today. They will advance to the next round.

Great start to the NCAAs for the women. I think moving Scott down to 4 and LinaP up to 3 is in the best interest of the team, Scott has struggled and LinaP has won her last 14 matches.

Women advance to Sweet 16 with a 4-2 win over Corn Aggy.

CGL clinches match in singles yet again! 4th time this year (Tech, Baylor, Big 12 Champ Finals, Neb)

Men lose to Santa Clara 4-1. These teams on two totally different trajectories.

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    I had a feeling our men would be upset. That's embarrassing for our program. I've gone to the majority of our home tennis matches for the past four years and I'm not sure Michael Center can survive another year like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Shea View Post
    I had a feeling our men would be upset. That's embarrassing for our program. I've gone to the majority of our home tennis matches for the past four years and I'm not sure Michael Center can survive another year like this.
    Agreed. I would put Center on the chopping block before Patty McCain. Losing First round to Santa $#@!ing Clara?? Yeah he's not doing his job. I went to the Womens match again today, and I think they are poised to give Georgia a run for their money next week. Ariel Ellis was on her game today, and hitting very few errors. If she can play like that, and Lina takes care of business, we have a good chance to win. I still can't get over how badly the men were dominated by Santa Clara. Don't forget we lost in the second round last year to freakin Tulsa in the NCAA's. Let's fire Center and bring in John Rod$#@!. He has turned a $#@!ty OU program into Big XII champions this year

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    Agreed. I would put Center on the chopping block before Patty McCain. Losing First round to Santa $#@!ing Clara?? Yeah he's not doing his job. I went to the Womens match again today, and I think they are poised to give Georgia a run for their money next week. Ariel Ellis was on her game today, and hitting very few errors. If she can play like that, and Lina takes care of business, we have a good chance to win. I still can't get over how badly the men were dominated by Santa Clara. Don't forget we lost in the second round last year to freakin Tulsa in the NCAA's. Let's fire Center and bring in John Rod$#@!. He has turned a $#@!ty OU program into Big XII champions this year
    The only problem with hiring John is the question of how long he would stay. He's done all types of coaching and I wonder if coaching college teams is just another check on his list. He seems like a guy who could make a career out of coaching top young-american pros on tour.

The only problem with hiring John is the question of how long he would stay. He's done all types of coaching and I wonder if coaching college teams is just another check on his list. He seems like a guy who could make a career out of coaching top young-american pros on tour.
    Thats true but has he ever had a major coaching job in Austin? His brother Andy lives in Austin as we know, and this way they would be able to live closer. If we could get him to sign a long term contract, I think it would be a good choice to bring him in.

Banned Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Greenspointexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    From the city where our stadiums drop their tops
    GFD UT Men......

Hmmmm

Texas head coach Michael Center
    I give Santa Clara credit. They came and played a nice match, and they had a nice crowd out here to support them. We're pretty disappointed in how we finished the season. We have a lot of work to do this summer. We feel that with everyone back and some new guys coming in that we'll have an opportunity to be better. Losing in the first round (of the NCAA Championship)....that's not where we want to be or expect to be, and I take full responsibility for it. I have to figure some things out, and we have to get better so this doesn't happen again. The guys played hard, but we just didn't play well enough at the end of the season. We have a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Hmmmm
    I didn't read too much into that statement. I don't think anyone for a while will pull another Gail G and graciously leave on their own terms. He's just probably going to try to "figure out" how to get better recruits or something. Thats my guess...

Oh I just had to type something to post it. I don't think he's gonna resign or something but I'm glad he is taking responsibility for it.

Texas Women's T&F win the Big 12 Outdoor Title!

Texas Men finish 2nd to Aggy

So our 4 Big12 titles this year were in Rowing, Mens swimming, Volleyball, and Womens track. Does Texas still have the most Big 12 titles of any other school?

I think we still do. But wow, that is just sad...Oh and Women's Tennis (Conference Tournament)

Leanin' ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53's Avatar
    Texas Women's T&F win the Big 12 Outdoor Title!

Texas Men finish 2nd to Aggy
    Holy $#@!!!

This makes the final Lonestar Showdown score 12-7 Texas

Advantage: Aggy? They didn't lose, they just ran out of sports

Advantage: Aggy? They didn't lose, they just ran out of sports
    Hehe, I used that line when we clinched with womens golf. To be fair, I'm sure someone said it before me as well.

Men's Golf: Norman Regional Scoring Site -- today through Saturday

Women's Tennis: Georgia Live Video and Scoring 3pm today

Looks like Texas finishes the first round at -9, one stroke behind leader Florida State (-10).

Spieth in 1st at -6

Another record for Spieth - his 6-under 66 is a new competitive course record at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club.
    Last edited by js; 05-17-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Georgia dominates doubles. 8-3, 8-4, 6-3 susp.

1-0 Georgia

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    FSU also finished at -9.

Womens Tennis down 1-0 vs. Georgia

Must have changed when the final scorecards got tallied. Either way, healthy lead thus far.

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    W Tennis getting smoked. Very close to being over.

Delayed indefinitely. Bad weather rolled in

It's basically over anyway. Georgia is just taking it to us. We lost the first set on all 6 courts...

Texas-Georgia being moved indoors. Only 4 courts though.

After an hour-long rain delay, ladies fall to host Georgia 4-0. Season over.

M Golf drops to 3rd, 5 shots behind 1st.

Texas finished second in the Norman regional and becomes one of 30 teams qualifying for the NCAA Championships which begin Tuesday, May 29th at Riveria Country Club in Pacific Palisades, CA.

Here's the format for the NCAA Golf Championship:

Tuesday, May 29
    7 a.m. First round of competition.
    Wednesday, May 30
    7 a.m. Second round of competition.
    Thursday, May 31
    7 a.m. Third round of competition.

Then the top 8 teams enter a single elimination bracket:
    Friday, June 1
    10 a.m. Match #1 begins (Seed #1 vs. Seed #8).
    10:45 a.m. Match #2 begins (Seed #4 vs. Seed #5).
    11:30 a.m. Match #3 begins (Seed #2 vs. Seed #7).
    12:15 p.m. Match #4 begins (Seed #3 vs. Seed #6).

Saturday, June 2
    10 a.m. Match #5 begins (winner of Match #1 vs. winner of Match #2).
    10:45 a.m. Match #6 begins (winner of Match #3 vs. winner of Match #4).

Sunday, June 3
    10 a.m. Championship Match begins (winner Match #5 vs. winner of Match #6).

Wow that's an interesting format, but I like it. Never really followed golf championships before.

Gotta bump this solely for Aeriel Ellis. In the NCAA Singles draw, she's come from behind the last two matches to advance to the Round of 16 against 6th ranked Juricova from Cal.

Against 58th ranked Kowase of Georgia (on her home court), Ellis drops the first set 6-2. In set two, Ellis takes it 7-5 after holding off three match points and scoring five consecutive points to take the set. She dominated the third set 6-1 to advance.

Today, against 45th ranked Morgina, she drops the first set 6-3, holds off three match points again to take set 2 7-6 (9), and just dominates the third set 6-0 to advance.

Ellis is the first back-to-back ITA All-American for Texas since the 98-99 season. She and Juricova met at the ITA National Indoor Championship in the semis and Ellis fell 2-6, 7-5, 6-4.
    Last edited by js; 05-24-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Elis can't come back against Juricova, 6-7 (4) and 2-6 but she had a hell of a run. That first set today went something like eight straight games before anyone held serve. Tough loss.

Not worth making a new thread over, but somehow Texas just lost their #1 tennis recruit to A&M. He was committed to us as late as last month and was planning to play for us in the spring of 2013, but I just checked the updated recruitment list to find out Harrison Adams switched from UT to Aggy. He was honestly good enough to play #1 for this team in his first year, but now that wont be the case. Guess we'll have to rely on Daniel Whitehead and Soren Hess next year as our anchors, which didn't work out too well last year. Coach Center really has his work cut out for him this coming season...

Quote Originally Posted by perfectchaos007 View Post
    Not worth making a new thread over, but somehow Texas just lost their #1 tennis recruit to A&M. He was committed to us as late as last month and was planning to play for us in the spring of 2013, but I just checked the updated recruitment list to find out Harrison Adams switched from UT to Aggy. He was honestly good enough to play #1 for this team in his first year, but now that wont be the case. Guess we'll have to rely on Daniel Whitehead and Soren Hess next year as our anchors, which didn't work out too well last year. Coach Center really has his work cut out for him this coming season...
    Wow! I'm shocked if that's true. He was at every UT tennis match I went to last year wearing orange and hanging out with the team. I really can't believe he would do that. Maybe their top recruit Mitchell Krueger (stud) is going pro and freed up a scholarship for him? Crazy.

Wow! I'm shocked if that's true. He was at every UT tennis match I went to last year wearing orange and hanging out with the team. I really can't believe he would do that. Maybe their top recruit Mitchell Krueger (stud) is going pro and freed up a scholarship for him? Crazy.
    I know, he's a kid from Austin too. Maybe watching our team collapse last year like they did turned him off. He was listed on tennisrecruiting as a UT commit until I checked it today. http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/player.asp?id=198342

I don't think Korinek will be in our top 6 as a freshman, Naumann MAYBE later in the season.

Update: I went on his facebook page and his profile picture is him flashing the horns and he has pictures up from July of him hanging out with current UT players.... Then I went on his Twitter and he was tweeting with Ryan Harrison and said he switched to A&M because it was a better opportunity for him??

I can't hate on the kid for switching, but man he trolled UT hard. It would be like UT's first football recruit hanging out with current players all the time and switching on signing day.

A&M's tennis program has been steadily on the rise while ours has been falling since Kutrovsky graduated. I can't blame him either, but I did have some hope for this season with him joining the program. At least we won't be playing them again in conference.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    Well that's pathetic. How the $#@! do you lose a kid from Austin to college station? What a dump.

asshat spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spystud13 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Maybe their top recruit Mitchell Krueger (stud) is going pro and freed up a scholarship for him? Crazy.
    Damn, I didn't know Krueger was an A&M commit. He gets a decent amount of coverage in the Startle-gram around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemans4Horn View Post
    Well that's pathetic. How the $#@! do you lose a kid from Austin to college station? What a dump.
    If I didn't know better, that's pretty close to being a terminable offense in my mind. Center is on thin ice with me

He's on razor thin ice as far as I'm concern. Comparatively, Patty McCain is on a maintained NHL hockey rink. 2 Years ago we would have never thought that to be the case, but with the failure to get out of round 2 in the NCAA tournament for two years now, sub .500 results in the Big 12 over the past couple years, and now the failure to secure the commitment of a kid from Austin, I can't see him lasting another year if the team finishes worse than the top 2 in the Big 12 or doesn't make it past round 2 in the NCAA tournament. He has 2 strikes, and 3 strikes you (should be ) out.

+ Reply to Thread