+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cal Seems Like It Sucks, Even More

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    I may have to stick with Pac12 North myself.

Beautiful spot.

It will be a nice place for quiet reflection as you try to remember the good old days of Luck after the reality of the post-Luck era starts to set in after Stanford goes down on 9-15.

Enjoy your weekend, TS. You've got about four and a half months before the new era starts.
    Last edited by USC Traveler; 04-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USC Troll View Post
    That's irrelevant. Mack's record since Kiffin became a head coach: 26-13. Lane's record as a head coach: 25-13. I don't see Mack hanging on to that lead in '12.
    Your post was vague....sounded like lifetime records...still, you could have been stoned...nttiawwt...

asshat ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del's Avatar
    Architecturally, I love the Coliseum, the Rose Bowl, and Memorial Stadium. Functionally, I'm not a huge fan of the saucer shape. Too much crowd noise escapes. On the other side of the coin, Pyle Field, while an ugly ass tackle box, is VERY loud. I think I'm more of a fan of function over form.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USC Traveler View Post
    The Shag's PAC contingent: 48 out of 50 posts on this page.

Seems like it's all from CA, though.

Interesting that there aren't any ducks or dawgs around.

Although given the level of delusion of most ducks fans , I'm not complaining.
    I bet we get some Wash State fans springing up around here in a few months.

Although given the level of delusion of most ducks fans , I'm not complaining.
    If you know your $#@! and like irreverent humor....the Shag is where you need to be...regardless of school affiliation...

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Beautiful spot.

It will be a nice place for quiet reflection as you try to remember the good old days of Luck after the reality of the post-Luck era starts to set in after Stanford goes down on 9-15.

Enjoy your weekend, TS. You've got about four and a half months before the new era starts.
    See, here is where being a Stanford fan is just so much easier than being the fan of a morally bankrupt enterprise like SC. The highlight of Stanford football for me happened when Elway brought the Cardinal back from almost certain defeat in Berkeley and a bid to Elway's first Bowl Game -- right before the Play happened.

When that is your standard, you are satisfied with a bit of ebb and flow in the success rate.

In any case, era implies more than one year. I think SC has a really favorable schedule next year, but especially if Stanford can end up with a decent bowl and a good recruiting class, I think Shaw starts building something.
    Last edited by tantric superman; 04-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.

tl;dr

asshat Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine's Avatar

I've been lurking, but I guess I should check in to say $#@! Cal.
    Last edited by Beau Vine; 04-28-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Vine View Post
    I've been lurking, but I guess I should check in to say $#@! Cal.
    Whore mouth. Shut.

bunghole BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BobbyGBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP View Post
    I'm sad none of our Cal buddies are visiting anymore. You konw, the flock of them that came to visit before the bowl game.
    Indeed. Cheers.

The reason I have not been around is because this site got banned so I cannot view it at work. I've been posting at Bear Insider instead. Nice to be back. Very interesting to see this thread on Cal. A few things:

First: That Wall Street Journal article that demonized the Cal stadium funding is a one-sided, political piece of utter horse$#@! full of misinformation.

There is virtually no risk to the stadium project. 20 years from now people will be laughing about how so many people were hating on the greatest stadium in all of college football.

In ten years Cal has gone from perennial bottom-feeder laughingstock floormat to a consistently competitive program. We are the only college that has two NFL teams within twelve miles of its stadium and we still draw more fans than a lot of NFL teams. We have the best quarterback in the NFL. Cal has the most draft picks in the Pac 12 this year. We may not be Texas, but we are doing just fine.

asshat runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone's Avatar
    If something is soft, you can get it hard
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGBear View Post
    hating on the greatest stadium in all of college football.

In ten years Cal has gone from perennial bottom-feeder laughingstock floormat to a consistently competitive program. We are the only college that has two NFL teams within twelve miles of its stadium and we still draw more fans than a lot of NFL teams. We have the best quarterback in the NFL. Cal has the most draft picks in the Pac 12 this year. We may not be Texas, but we are doing just fine.
    The hell? Competetive is winning one Holiday Bowl and watching Stanford leave you for dead? Win the conference or nobody cares. USC has beaten Cal three straight with a 118-26 combined score during some of the programs darkest days.

The hell? Competetive is winning one Holiday Bowl and watching Stanford leave you for dead? Win the conference or nobody cares. USC has beaten Cal three straight with a 118-26 combined score during some of the programs darkest days.
    Cmon now...we did put up 52 on you guys in 1991...the most in your schools history at the time...

Plus Bruce Snyder was the Cal coach....an ex USC RB coach....good one too...think he was getting a little bit of revenge there for something...

Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    Cmon now...we did put up 52 on you guys in 1991...the most in your schools history at the time...

Plus Bruce Snyder was the Cal coach....an ex USC RB coach....good one too...think he was getting a little bit of revenge there for something...
    At least your hippie band is less intolerable than the other hippie band.

At least your hippie band is less intolerable than the other hippie band.
    I still can't fathom Oski....dear god I want a new mascot....that $#@!ing hermaphroditic bear gives me the creeps....similar to the Man in the Yellow hat from Curious George.....stay the $#@! away from my kid...

I still can't fathom Oski....dear god I want a new mascot....that $#@!ing hermaphroditic bear gives me the creeps....similar to the Man in the Yellow hat from Curious George.....stay the $#@! away from my kid...
    It's handsy. I can tell by looking at it.

asshat Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post

Temp fix is temp.

So Clemson has the rock:

Notre Dame a sign:

And Cal has a bathhouse dil?

Spoiler!

I'm torn between a rock and a hard place...

I may have to stick with Pac12 North myself.

TS-

That's nice and all, but I know you're secretly envious of this.

Last edited by USC Traveler; 04-30-2012 at 04:13 PM.

bunghole horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard.
    TS-

That's nice and all, but I know you're secretly envious of this.

That's the smell of victory, son.

I like LA. But I like the Bay Area more.

I think that is true of most people.
    Last edited by tantric superman; 04-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.

$#@! yes...

If by Bay Area you mean South Bay (PV north to El Porto) then yes.

asshat ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del's Avatar

It is true of those who like the Bay Area more.

I love both, as both are great in their own ways, but I prefer LA as a place to live based on what's important to me.

I find the whole NoCal vs SoCal thing to be overblown. Outside of sports rivalries, there's not much to it. Everyone I know down here loves going up North on a roadtrip, and the people I know in the Bay Area love coming down here.

Every place has its strengths and weaknesses, so it's really a case of how those line up with your own personal priorities and preferences.

If for some reason I couldn't live in LA or San Diego (La Jolla, specifically, would be sweet), I could easily be happy in SF. Great city, great people, etc.

I love both, as both are great in their own ways, but I prefer LA as a place to live based on what's important to me.

I find the whole NoCal vs SoCal thing to be overblown. Outside of sports rivalries, there's not much to it. Everyone I know down here loves going up North on a roadtrip, and the people I know in the Bay Area love coming down here.
    I like going to Denver and I like going to Los Angeles. I don't have any problem liking both and preferring Los Angeles.

I like LA too and was going to take my first job in Santa Monica. But I do think most adults would say they liked the Bay Area more than the LA Metro Area.

This site is confusing as hell but it kind of reflects that.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/amer...vs/los-angeles

I like going to Denver and I like going to Los Angeles. I don't have any problem liking both and preferring Los Angeles.

I like LA too and was going to take my first job in Santa Monica. But I do think most adults would say they liked the Bay Area more than the LA Metro Area.

This site is confusing as hell but it kind of reflects that.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/amer...vs/los-angeles
    The relative population sizes of the LA area and the Bay area would seem to dispute that notion.

But again, you can't go wrong with either place.

PS- I love Santa Monica. That's where I live. Great combination of urban life at the ocean.

fucktard CalBears is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? CalBears is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? CalBears's Avatar

There is virtually no risk to the stadium project. 20 years from now people will be laughing about how so many people were hating on the greatest stadium in all of college football.

<cough>bull$#@!<cough><cough>

If by "In ten years Cal has gone from perennial bottom-feeder laughingstock floormat to a consistently competitive program" you mean "Doing less with more since '04" then by god yes you are right, or if you mean finishing mid pack year after year, then hell yes we are awesome.

Don't give a $#@! about draft picks, want to see Tedord actually win some games that matter, and maybe, just maybe, actually develop a quarterback who can hit the broadside of a barn and complete a pass out of all those elite 11's he's stockpiling. till that happens we deserve all the crap thrown at us, we've done nothing of importance for years. NegaTed mode on, checking back into lurk mode
    Last edited by CalBears; 05-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.

asshat numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. numbereleven's Avatar
    Why does every Pac 12 discussion have to devolve into embarrassing and highly personal coastline picture smack?

Gentlemen, please.

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    ur a ghost. u try to touch my sex parts. u go through them.
    I love the idea that USC has 11 national championships in football. Start calling them Alabama West.

Quote Originally Posted by numbereleven View Post
    Why does every Pac 12 discussion have to devolve into embarrassing and highly personal coastline picture smack?

Gentlemen, please.
    We haven't even gotten into the wine or craft brewery smack yet.

asshat YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang's Avatar
    Nor Cal has both, so it wins that argument easily.

We haven't even gotten into the wine or craft brewery smack yet.
    Let's save the wine/craft beer/tapas discussion for tailgating season when it's more appropriate. And by tailgating I do mean staying home, inviting friends over (who am I kidding, it's more of a couples thing) and going all out with the cheese plate and hors d'oeuvres in order to impress them. When the game starts you can put it on mute to prevent the nasal ramblings of Petros Papadakis from interrupting the Mad Men/Portlandia convo.

Gentlemen, please.
    How rude! Please desist good sir or suffer the wrath of my fisticuffs!

Good Day!

Let's save the wine/craft beer/tapas discussion for tailgating season when it's more appropriate. And by tailgating I do mean staying home, inviting friends over (who am I kidding, it's more of a couples thing) and going all out with the cheese plate and hors d'oeuvres in order to impress them. When the game starts you can put it on mute to prevent the nasal ramblings of Petros Papadakis from interrupting the Mad Men/Portlandia convo.
    Evocative post.

Everyone should have Papadakis cover one of their games. They will never complain about the announcers again.
    Last edited by tantric superman; 05-07-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Evocative post.

Everyone should have Papadakis cover one of their games. They will never complain about the announcers again.
    Damn...that voice...someone should have him narrate some Poe tales/poems for the comedic effect..

The Cask of Amontillado preferably...

asshat runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone's Avatar
    If something is soft, you can get it hard
    Petros Papadakis makes Mike Greenberg sound like Barry White.

Gentlemen, please.
    This needs some more lulz...pos rep...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    I love the idea that USC has 11 national championships in football. Start calling them Alabama West.
    Just out of curiosity which ones do you think are earned?

Evocative post.

He's my people and I still can't stand him. The only time I ever enjoyed him was when he used to be the PA guy at the Sports Arena (best name ever, BTW) for basketball games. During the stupid shoot a layup/free throw/3 pointer/half court shot competitions he would heckle students for wearing stupid clothes or sucking at sports. Good times.

I also remember the bad times, which consisted of him being the best short yardage back on the team.

Is this a trick question about '03?

Is this a trick question about '03?
    No...just asking Whoo which mnc's that SC claims are legit...

CFB nerd question...

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    ur a ghost. u try to touch my sex parts. u go through them.
    Everything that came after the inception of the wire service polls, but that's generally a rule of mine. So, seven. I guess they can get extra credit for the 1972 team; that might have been the best college team of all time, so maybe it deserved one-and-a-half national championships.

I can see 1932...but doesn't SC claim 1939 as well? That one doesn't seem legit...but I guess it kinda $#@!s aggy a bit so meh...

I can see 1932...but doesn't SC claim 1939 as well? That one doesn't seem legit...but I guess it kinda $#@!s aggy a bit so meh...
    I'd go with '31, '32, '62, '67, '72 '78/'03 and '04. The main question is if you give '78 to Bama because of the weight of the AP then what do you do about '03. I'd say we get one or the other, but not both. That would be a total of 7. I remember standing in the Coliseum during the announcement of the '39 claim and thinking, "I have no idea what football was like in '39, but this sounds like some bull$#@!."

I'd go with '31, '32, '62, '67, '72 '78/'03 and '04. The main question is if you give '78 to Bama because of the weight of the AP then what do you do about '03. I'd say we get one or the other, but not both. That would be a total of 7. I remember standing in the Coliseum during the announcement of the '39 claim and thinking, "I have no idea what football was like in '39, but this sounds like some bull$#@!."
    That 1978 split was bs since SC kicked Bama's ass at Bama that year...game was worse than the 24-14 score..

That 1978 split was bs since SC kicked Bama's ass at Bama that year...game was worse than the 24-14 score..
    Doesn't matter! Bama plays in the secsecsec and their schedule is harder even though SC proved in Tuscaloosa they were better.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl+alt+del View Post
    Doesn't matter! Bama plays in the secsecsec and their schedule is harder even though SC proved in Tuscaloosa they were better.
    Ohh the sec...shenanigans abound...

fucktard loweralabamatrojan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? loweralabamatrojan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? loweralabamatrojan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? loweralabamatrojan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? loweralabamatrojan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GinFizzBear View Post
    UCLA is an inferior institution.
    D'accord.

+ Reply to Thread