+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBA Players Association / Derek Fisher vs. Union / Billy Hunter

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar

NBA Players Association / Derek Fisher vs. Union / Billy Hunter

1. Strike didn't go so well for the players.
    2. Derek Fisher demands an audit of the union.
    3. Billy Hunter calls for Fisher to resign from his position as NBAPA president.
    4. An "executive committee" of 8 NBA players agrees with Hunter.
    5. Many other players agree with Fisher.

Is that pretty much a good summation to date?

Hunter's story stinks like rotten $#@!. Seems like he's trying to avoid an audit. He sites an earlier audit, probably performed by his hand-picked guys, which found nothing irregular and uses it as a reason to avoid a second audit.

Meanwhile, Fisher has been nothing but class for 15+ years, even though you may dislike him on the court.

I don't know what Fisher believes an audit may find. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Grammer Police View Post

Meanwhile, Fisher has been nothing but class for 15+ years, even though you may dislike him on the court.
    Except for the whole using his daughter's illness to get out of his contract with Utah so he could go back to LA. His story at the time was he wanted to be closer to her doctor, who was in NY

asshat JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT's Avatar
    1. Strike didn't go so well for the players.
    2. Derek Fisher demands an audit of the union.
    3. Billy Hunter calls for Fisher to resign from his position as NBAPA president.
    4. An "executive committee" of 8 NBA players agrees with Hunter.
    5. Many other players agree with Fisher.

Is that pretty much a good summation to date?

Hunter's story stinks like rotten $#@!. Seems like he's trying to avoid an audit. He sites an earlier audit, probably performed by his hand-picked guys, which found nothing irregular and uses it as a reason to avoid a second audit.

I don't know what Fisher believes an audit may find. Anybody know?
    There's more to it than just Hunter not liking Fisher. There was talk that Fisher was negotiating with the league behind their back. There's a lot of players who didn't like it and want him out as well.

asshat JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT's Avatar
    Heard this last night on the radio on the way home from the gym. Not shocked by the vote at all.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/78...t-derek-fisher

NEW YORK -- Derek Fisher has rejected a call from the National Basketball Players Association's executive committee to resign as president, instead urging players to seek a review of the union's finances.

Hours after the NBPA said in a statement Friday the executive committee voted 8-0 this week that it had lost confidence in Fisher's ability to lead, Fisher reiterated he will not step down.

"I, along with many others, are extremely disappointed with the Executive Committee," Fisher said Friday in a statement. "Their demand for my resignation and their need to protect the NBPA management and their own best interests instead of protecting the players we were elected to serve is unfortunate."

Fisher, who recently signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder after playing most of his career with the Los Angeles Lakers, has been the union's president since 2006. He led players during the negotiations on a new collective bargaining agreement this offseason.

As the battle escalates, union executive director Billy Hunter has hired a public relations firm and has called for a player representative conference call in an attempt to oust Fisher, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher Friday morning.

The two union leaders have been at odds since a rumor surfaced during the lockout that Fisher had met privately with commissioner David Stern and deputy commissioner Adam Silver to cut a deal, a rumor that never was substantiated and that some in Fisher's circle now suspect came from Hunter to undermine Fisher's authority, sources said.

The rift peaked Wednesday with the executive committee's vote.

"The Executive Committee based its decision on numerous instances over the past six months, where Fisher engaged in conduct detrimental to the union, including acting in contravention of the players' best interests, during collective bargaining, declining to follow the NBPA Constitution, and failing to uphold the duties of the Union President," the committee statement said.

Fisher sent a letter earlier this week to player reps informing them that the union's executive committee had decided the NBPA should undergo a business review, according to one Eastern Conference player representative. Several executive committee members, however, were surprised by the tone of the letter because the decision was not unanimous, another source said.

According to several sources, Hunter then contacted each committee member and convinced them the union already undergoes a regular internal audit and that Fisher's suggestion was both redundant and a personal attack on Hunter's leadership.

The committee, sources say, reversed course on the business review and, as an added measure, agreed to ask Fisher to step down.

Fisher, however, has refused to relinquish his position, prompting Hunter to organize a call among the team player representatives, supposedly to solicit their support for Fisher's ouster.

Fisher's concerns stem from indications that Hunter has utilized player union funds without executive committee approval, sources said.

Fisher said any player may request an independent review of the union's business practices and finances.

"The allegations that are now being directed at me are defamatory," Fisher said. "But I urge our members to order an independent review beginning immediately and that will be proven along with finding out definitively if there are any issues with the NBPA's business practices and finances."

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    Except for the whole using his daughter's illness to get out of his contract with Utah so he could go back to LA. His story at the time was he wanted to be closer to her doctor, who was in NY
    and that instead of playing for the rockets after being traded to him, he never even reported and took a buy out.

he's a $#@!ing piece of $#@!.

asshat Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn Shaggy Gold Club Firemans4Horn's Avatar
    Fisher's a $#@! munch of the highest order.

$#@! Fisher. .4 is the only time I've ever thrown a chair in anger.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    and that instead of playing for the rockets after being traded to him, he never even reported and took a buy out.

he's a $#@!ing piece of $#@!.
    I was always under the impression they told him he didn't need to report, because they were going to buy him out. He's washed up and couldn't help the Rockets. He might be able to help OKC with some "veteran leadership" but he couldn't do anything for the rockets.

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    well if that's the case, i'm obviously in the wrong. all i ever heard is that he never showed up. if that's the case, it's a horrible example for the leader of the player's union to set.

#TeamTopButton SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII GORN SPII's Avatar
    so glad he never donned a rockets uniform. the guy is a $#@!face.

asshat Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Overlord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boknowstecmo View Post
    $#@! Fisher. .4 is the only time I've ever thrown a chair in anger.
    Word.

This thing also wreaks of something fishy.

Like somebody done $#@!ed someone's bitch (which means "wife", in NBA lingo)

asshat Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner's Avatar
    I nominate Metta World Peace.

asshat Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21's Avatar
    281, MY WAY OF SHOWING LOVE TO THE FOLKS BACK HOME
    Ditto on Fisher being a $#@!munch for using his daughter's illness to get back to the Lakers, then classlessly told the Lakers all the Jazz's play calls, weaknesses, matchup strategies, etc. when they met in the playoffs.

asshat Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    He sites an earlier audit, probably performed by his hand-picked guys, which found nothing irregular and uses it as a reason to avoid a second audit.
    cites

asshat Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police is a rep whore. Grammer Police's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    cites
    Yep, I noticed that after I posted. "Citation"

asshat The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude's Avatar
    $#@! fisher, he no showed. the rockets tried to save face after the fact and acted like it was mutual. you could see the tweets from other rockets excited he was coming. another example of a player not wanting to come to houston.

asshat T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall's Avatar
    then classlessly told the Lakers all the Jazz's play calls, weaknesses, matchup strategies, etc. when they met in the playoffs.
    Don't all players that get traded from one team to another do this? I hear about it in the NFL all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by T'Boo Ted Marshall View Post
    Don't all players that get traded from one team to another do this? I hear about it in the NFL all the time.
    Seems pretty standard to me and I don't see the problem. NFL teams regularly pick up guys who were cut by teams that they'll be playing soon. They bring them in to learn about their opponent. Most of them wind up getting cut though shortly after the game against their former team.

Nepotism is fun.....Whatever you think of Fisher, Billy Hunter is crook and has been for years....

In 2008-09, NBPA executive director reportedly Billy Hunter pushed hard for the union to invest at least $7 million in a failing bank on which his son sat on the board of directors.
    That proposal eventually collapsed due to the U.S. banking crisis, but Hunter is still being accused of nepotism, as the union has also done $2.5 million in business with a consulting firm of which his son, Todd Hunter, is a vice president. The union also did business with a law firm employing Hunter's daughter, and another daughter and daughter-in-law have high-paying jobs within the NBPA. This might have been the reason Derek Fisher demanded another independent audit, but Hunter insists that there has been no illegal activity -- nepotism is unsavory but not explicitly outlawed by the NBPA charter. Hopefully this ugly in-fighting won't distract from the playoffs.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...es-to-son.html

I'm shocked, shocked to learn that hunter was lining his pockets with the players money.

Banned TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen TheGarnetLantern is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfdogg21 View Post
    Ditto on Fisher being a $#@!munch for using his daughter's illness to get back to the Lakers, then classlessly told the Lakers all the Jazz's play calls, weaknesses, matchup strategies, etc. when they met in the playoffs.
    You think that Derek Fisher is the first player to do the bold? Hell anyone could have told them their weaknesses.

Both parties in this situation are $#@!ed up. Fisher is $#@!ty for trying to do a backroom deal without the players consent and Hunter is an $#@! by virtue of being a Union leader. Both are $#@!heads, just with a different scent.

Why all this hate on fisher?

No one gives a $#@! about the rockets anymore. OKC mofuckas!!

asshat BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Nepotism is fun.....Whatever you think of Fisher, Billy Hunter is crook and has been for years....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nb...es-to-son.html
    I don't see how the players can be ok with all of this. It's one thing to throw your family a bone or two, but Hunter was throwing a whole bag.

I think the charts say a lot. Fisher may suck, but Hunter is a blood sucker.

+ Reply to Thread