+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm seriously convinced that VY is DONE as an NFL football player

asshat slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by borna_horn View Post
    In a bit of delicious irony, there are already the seeds of controversy in Washington. Their pick of Kirk Cousins in Round 4 makes them the first team since 1989 to draft 2 QBs in the first four rounds. Cousins could not be more different from RGIII, so it has all the earmarks of insurance if RGIII doesn't pan out.

Remember in 2006 how Fisher brought in Kerry Collins as the anti-VY? And Shanny just happens to be the closest to Fisher of probably any coach in the NFL. Coincidence? Maybe so, maybe not.
    do you want your back up to have a completely different skill set( versus your scheme that you practice 24/7,) or do you plan on using him in different game situations as a complementary player, and more importantly, someone that makes preparation all that more difficult for the opposing D that week.?

I might be out of my mind, but I can see the game evolving to where 2 QBs are used, much like the RBs in the past 8-10 years have changed.
    Last edited by slorch; 04-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick View Post
    Do many of you watch the NFL? How is VY unconventional? He doesn't throw for many yards or TDs! Welcome to the modern NFL where Tarvaris Jackson throws for 3,000 yards and watches Seattle sign Matt Flynn. VY has never breathed on 3,000 yards.

Listen, I realize those two nights in Pasadena were special and the 2005 team means the world to us, but this is the NFL and VY's numbers do not approach that of what is being asked from today's QBs. To expect GMs to line up for him is ridiculous.
    You have got to be the single biggest idiot on the internet. How the $#@! can he throw for 3000 yards when he isn't even given the chance by his coach you $#@!ing moron??? All he can do is the best with the attempts he is given, and here is what he has done:

Yards per attempt, 2009-11 (minimum 20 starts)

1. Aaron Rodgers – 8.5632
    2. Philip Rivers – 8.4450
    3. Ben Roethlisberger – 8.2429
    4. Tom Brady – 8.1133
    5. Matt Schaub – 8.0408
    6. Tony Romo – 7.9938
    7. Mike Vick – 7.9295
    8. Drew Brees – 7.9191
    9. Eli Manning – 7.9145
    10. Vince Young – 7.5614
    11. Donovan McNabb – 7.4286
    12. Peyton Manning – 7.3141
    13. Jason Campbell – 7.1678
    14. Kyle Orton – 7.1363
    15. Jay Cutler – 7.1168
    16. Carson Palmer – 7.1138
    17. Joe Flacco – 7.0882
    18. David Garrard – 7.0226
    19. Matt Stafford – 6.9014
    20. Matt Ryan – 6.7997
    21. Alex Smith – 6.7852
    22. Josh Freeman – 6.7665
    23. Chad Henne – 6.6923
    24. Ryan Fitzpatrick – 6.6726
    25. Matt Hasselbeck – 6.6214
    26. Mark Sanchez – 6.5127
    27. Matt Cassel – 6.3969
    28. Colt McCoy – 6.2905
    29. Sam Bradford – 5.9937

How does the above make him unconventional? Why am I even talking to this $#@!ing idiot?

There is no sense in arguing with VY haters, borna horn. I agree with everything you have stated and the facts you have presented, but it don't mean $#@! to the media or the goobers that run the nfl.

asshat slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch Shaggy Gold Club slorch's Avatar
    $#@! the media and the so-called goobers.

Does anyone think VY has truly had his last chance?

No $#@!ing way.

asshat Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick's Avatar
    Steve McNair threw for 3,000+ yards in the same offense with the same coach and he's just as black as VY. Why didn't VY do it? Keep trotting out the belief that Jeff Fisher was the limiting factor in VY's passing, history simply doesn't back it up.

If VY could throw for 3,000 yards, he would have done it by now. He hasn't and nobody is lining up to give him a third shot to prove that he can.

How many complete seasons has he played in the NFL, you Orwellian $#@!head?
    Last edited by borna_horn; 04-29-2012 at 05:11 PM.

asshat Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick's Avatar
    He started 28 games in '06 and '07. He threw for 2500 yards in '07 but just 9 TDs and 17 interceptions. Colt McCoy had better numbers than that last year while playing for one of the least successful organizations in sports and he just watched a 28yr old get picked in the 1st round to take his position.

He started 10 games and threw for 1879 yards to go with 10 tds and 7 picks in 2009. Again, piss poor.

Tell me again why teams should be lining up for this guy?
    Last edited by Kid Quick; 04-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.

He started 28 games in '06 and '07. He threw for 2500 yards in '07 but just 9 TDs and 17 interceptions. Colt McCoy had better numbers than that last year while playing for one of the least successful organizations in sports and he just watched a 28yr old get picked in the 1st round to take his position.

He started 10 games and threw for 1879 yards to go with 10 tds and 7 picks.

Tell me again why teams should be lining up for this guy?
    Since 2009, he has thrown for 4000 yards in 21 starts. That comes out to 3048 yards for a season if you project it out.

But only a stupid retarded worthless moron like you would only look at yard totals to determine how well a QB plays. There is also pass efficiency, QBR rating, and yards per attempt. If a guy if hamstrung by a conservative coach, these numbers mean much more.

Oh yeah, not to $#@!ing mention WINS!
    Last edited by borna_horn; 04-29-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Since 2009, he has thrown for 4000 yards in 21 starts. That comes out to 3048 yards for a season if you project it out.
    He hasn't breathed on 3,000 yards. You can twist the stats to create whatever $#@!ed up projection allows you to sleep at night, but his best season is 2,500 yards and in that season, he threw for just 9 TDs compared to 17 picks.

But only a stupid retarded worthless moron like you would only look at yard totals to determine how well a QB plays. There is also pass efficiency, QBR rating, and yards per attempt. If a guy if hamstrung by a conservative coach, these numbers mean much more.
    The same conservative coach that had Steve McNair throwing for 3,000+ yards in four of the five seasons immediately proceeding VY? That coach?

Listen, what VY does in the NFL has no bearing on what he meant to this program. But to continue to defend VY in the face of all the evidence that he is a below average NFL QB is to deny what everybody else sees...basically, you're being aggy.

Jesus Christ you are a stupid Orwellian $#@!head. There is no use talking to you.

HE'S ONLY $#@!ING STARTED 22 TOTAL GAMES IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS. HOW THE HELL IS HE SUPPOSED TO PASS FOR 3000 YARDS IN A SEASON YOU RETARDED ASS-EATER????

Jesus Christ you are a stupid Orwellian $#@!head. There is no use talking to you.

HE'S ONLY $#@!ING STARTED 22 TOTAL GAMES IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS. HOW THE HELL IS HE SUPPOSED TO PASS FOR 3000 YARDS IN A SEASON YOU RETARDED ASS-EATER????
    Because he didn't do it in the previous 2 seasons in which he started 28 games, why should anybody believe he would do it now? What's changed for VY?

Apparently, NFL GMs do not believe that VY is what his record says he is and that's why he is on the unemployment line while guys like Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn have jobs in the league. At this point, I don't know what VY can do other than take the veteran minimum at a place like Arizona or St. Louis or Minnesota and hope to hell to win the backup job and should the starter stumble or get hurt, he makes the most of his opportunity.

What's changed??? How about a 98.6 QB rating in 2010, his last season playing more than just a handful of games? I would assume QB rating is a stat that's over your head.

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    Steve McNair threw for 3,000+ yards in the same offense
    NOW who's not watching the games?

What's changed??? How about a 98.6 QB rating in 2010, his last season playing more than just a handful of games? I would assume QB rating is a stat that's over your head.
    And the Titans thought so much of that 98.6 QB rating (which lead to a 4-4 rating and just 10 TDs thrown in 10 starts) that they drafted Jake Locker in the next draft despite getting rid of that mean, conservative and anti-VY coach Jeff Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex View Post
    NOW who's not watching the games?
    I was just pointing the fact that the previous QB had no trouble succeeding in the same offense, under the same coach that VY played in. Maybe it wasn't the offense and maybe it wasn't just the coach, maybe VY deserves blame for his performance. Clearly the NFL thought so, he's not drawing a paycheck anywhere.

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    And the Titans thought so much of that 98.6 QB rating (which lead to a 4-4 rating and just 10 TDs thrown in 10 starts) that they drafted Jake Locker in the next draft despite getting rid of that mean, conservative and anti-VY coach Jeff Fisher.
    Vince was cut before Fischer was fired.

bunghole afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? afat is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    The stat that is most telling about VY is his 3rd down conversion ratio. I did the calcs a couple of years ago and it was pretty substantial the impact his conversions were making. That helps your defense.

NAACP National Champ Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks's Avatar
    I was just pointing the fact that the previous QB had no trouble succeeding in the same offense, under the same coach that VY played in. Maybe it wasn't the offense and maybe it wasn't just the coach, maybe VY deserves blame for his performance. Clearly the NFL thought so, he's not drawing a paycheck anywhere.
    If I recall correctly, the beginning of McNair's career with Fisher was pretty bad, with people calling for Fisher to let "Air" McNair do his thing... But Fisher was down with Cody Carlson.

Am I remembering my end of Oilers history properly?

Banned Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen
    Not to defend Fisher but if JF was a dumbass and the reason VY never amounted to much in Tennessee then why was he cut BEFORE they fired Jeff? I understand why you guys are defending him but take the burnt orange glasses off. Vince is not going to be named the starter of an NFL team ever again. Neg rep me to hell but deep down you guys know I'm right.

Vince is old news. RIP.

asshat American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
    Not to defend Fisher but if JF was a dumbass and the reason VY never amounted to much in Tennessee then why was he cut BEFORE they fired Jeff? I understand why you guys are defending him but take the burnt orange glasses off. Vince is not going to be named the starter of an NFL team ever again. Neg rep me to hell but deep down you guys know I'm right.

Vince is old news. RIP.
    Never amounted to much? You're a slap$#@!.

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White's Avatar

Vince is old news. RIP.
    Bud Adams is senile

Um, because Fisher didn't want him there? Wow, Pharmer is a $#@!ing dumbass. I could give you the benefit of a doubt and assume you meant to ask why they didn't change their minds and not cut VY after they fired Fisher, but I won't because either way you're still a dumbass.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHorn View Post
    If I recall correctly, the beginning of McNair's career with Fisher was pretty bad, with people calling for Fisher to let "Air" McNair do his thing... But Fisher was down with Cody Carlson.

mcnair rode the bench his entire two first seasons. started a december game his 2nd year

Nothing that happens in the NFL will ever change how important or how much VY meant to Texas football as a player and to us as fans. Similarly, none of that matters in the NFL and in the NFL, he's a square peg in a round hole and nobody seems to want him. He doesn't fit with the way football is played today and as he turns 29 in May, I don't think it ever gets better in the NFL for him.

Give one example of how any of us has ever claimed VY's college record should have bearing on him being accepted in the NFL, you warped delusional $#@!head.

Give one example of how any of us has ever claimed VY's college record should have bearing on him being accepted in the NFL, you warped delusional $#@!head.
    Your constant defense of a player that has been below average in the NFL is due entirely to what he achieved as a player for your favorite college team. If VY had gone anywhere else, nobody would be lobbying on his behalf for a 3rd chance. I would like to think that we could look at him objectively and come to the conclusion that he has had a C-/D+ career and while that is better than the F that Polian gave him and better than what Quinn or Leinart or Grossman or Carr have done, it's by no means good.

I saw more in the first month of Cam Newton's NFL career that leads me to believe he will be great than I have in the entirety of VY's NFL career.

Banned Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen Pharmer is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by American Swindle View Post
    Never amounted to much? You're a slap$#@!.
    Exactly. I'm a slap$#@! for criticizing a player that is 0-1 in the playoffs. I'm a slap$#@! for criticizing a player that is in the 100s all time in terms of quarterback rating and is 35th among active QBs as of right now.

Admit it. Vince Young is a below average NFL quarterback.

Banned cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen
    Reality.

asshat GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHorn View Post

Fisher never coached Cody. Cody got injured in Jack Pardee's last season and never played again. Fisher never held McNair back on the field, he just didn't let him play for the first couple of seasons opting for Chris Chandler as McNair learned from the sidelines.

asshat Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad grows his own roses Chad's Avatar
    The beginning of the McNair era with the Oilers wasn't bad, it's how they treated him at the end of his tenure with the Titans locking him out of the training camp facility. I don't recall McNair clashing with Fisher during the beginning of his career.

asshat GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    The beginning of the McNair era with the Oilers wasn't bad, it's how they treated him at the end of his tenure with the Titans locking him out of the training camp facility. I don't recall McNair clashing with Fisher during the beginning of his career.
    That was Bud Adams's doing. Once Bud decides he doesn't want to pay a star player because he feels he is past his prime, he throws him out like old underwear. He did the same to Warren Moon and Earl.

asshat American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle slams and goes hard. American Swindle's Avatar
    Your constant defense of a player that has been below average in the NFL is due entirely to what he achieved as a player for your favorite college team. If VY had gone anywhere else, nobody would be lobbying on his behalf for a 3rd chance. I would like to think that we could look at him objectively and come to the conclusion that he has had a C-/D+ career and while that is better than the F that Polian gave him and better than what Quinn or Leinart or Grossman or Carr have done, it's by no means good.

I saw more in the first month of Cam Newton's NFL career that leads me to believe he will be great than I have in the entirety of VY's NFL career.
    Here's the problem with your assertion on borna horn's constant defense-It's totally $#@!ing wrong.

You see, Borna Horn's brought nothing but raw stats that defend his position such as Yards per attmept, wins and losses, QBR and QB rating. Remove VY from those stats and look at them as just stats of an unknown QB, what would you think?

The stats say he is an average to above average QB, but idiots like Pharmer disregard these stats and clamor the NFL media spin that has brainwashed them. It's the groupthink swindle the media has brainwashed you with that makes you disregard the stats and raw data.

The argument that his "constant defense of a player that has been below average in the NFL is due entirely to what he achieved as a player for your favorite college team" is $#@!ing retarded, because it isn't based on anything VY has done in college and it is solely based on what VY has done in the NFL; and the NFL stats say he's at the very worst an average QB.

Exactly. I'm a slap$#@! for criticizing a player that is 0-1 in the playoffs. I'm a slap$#@! for criticizing a player that is in the 100s all time in terms of quarterback rating and is 35th among active QBs as of right now.

Admit it. Vince Young is a below average NFL quarterback.
    Pharmer, you deserve the Sheep's Pen you currently slap$#@! around in.

Quote Originally Posted by American Swindle View Post
    Here's the problem with your assertion on borna horn's constant defense-It's totally $#@!ing wrong.

You see, Borna Horn's brought nothing but raw stats that defend his position such as Yards per attmept, wins and losses, QBR and QB rating. Remove VY from those stats and look at them as just stats of an unknown QB, what would you think?
    I would think the player in question was a massive bust for the #3 overall pick and it would not surprise me that this player is currently out of the league.

The stats say he is an average to above average QB, but idiots like Pharmer disregard these stats and clamor the NFL media spin that has brainwashed them. It's the groupthink swindle the media has brainwashed you with that makes you disregard the stats and raw data.
    No, they don't say that. He has more interceptions than touchdowns in his career, his completion percentage for his career is sub 60% and he has never had a 3,000 yard passing season.

What about any of that screams average to above average? Clearly, the NFL does not believe his record is because of him because nobody has signed him. They believe his record is the product of other forces. Whether we believe that or not is a different issue, but none of us can sign him to a contract based on our belief and the NFL hasn't signed him to a contract based on their belief.

The argument that his "constant defense of a player that has been below average in the NFL is due entirely to what he achieved as a player for your favorite college team" is $#@!ing retarded, because it isn't based on anything VY has done in college and it is solely based on what VY has done in the NFL; and the NFL stats say he's at the very worst an average QB.
    VY has been a massive bust at this point in his career. He was the third overall pick in the 2006 draft, not some 5th or 6th rounder who has played above his head.
    Last edited by Kid Quick; 04-30-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Banned cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen cale is a Model Citizen
    Then why is he not in demand? Don't give me that Jeff Fisher stuff. There are 31 teams that don't give a $#@! what Fiisher thinks, just like the Eagles didn't. Polin doesn't know VY from third base, he is just paid to give his honest openion, right or wrong.

Those of us who actually went to school probably remember the stories of the witch hunts from early colonial America. If you were suspected of being a witch, you were thrown into water with a stone tied to your ankle. If you drowned, it meant you weren't a witch. If you didn't drown, it meant you were a witch and you got burned at the stake.

This story reminds me of Vince's career in the NFL. He has been told he cannot succeed in the NFL, and when he is prevented from even having the opportunity this is then taken as proof he cannot succeed. He was drafted by a coach who didn't want him and was determined to be proven right in a league that already had him labeled as a running QB who couldn't operate a NFL offense. He was never given the opportunity that Cam Newton has been given. He only played one full season in his career, and even in the games he played he was hamstrung by a coach who didn't want him to put up big numbers because it would defeat the purpose of eventually getting him benched. DESPITE all this, he has produced a solid career, as the numbers below will show.

Inspired by Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, I decided to take VY's first 48 starts and piece together what his first 3 seasons in the NFL might have looked like were he given a full shot at being a franchise QB. However, even this is qualified by the fact that Fisher did not want him to succeed on the field. As VY's career progressed, you can see below that his yardage went up even as his attempts went DOWN. Fisher did more and more to limit VY's effect on the offense even as he was improving as a QB. Then when Collins came in, Fisher would suddenly feature the QB more (with disastrous results). It was not until his time with Andy Reid that VY was finally allowed to play without a chain around his ankle, and it is no coincidence that in his second game with Reid he already produced a career high for yardage.

Is this the career of a bust?

Year 1 – 226-424, 2625 yards, 15 TD/15 INT, 69.34 QB rating, 10-6 record & playoffs (avg. def. rank 27th)

Year 2 – 252-399, 2737 yards, 9 TD/18 INT, 72.01 QB rating, 11-5 record & playoffs (avg. def. rank 11th)

Year 3 – 215-366, 2793 yards, 19 TD/10 INT, 88.75 QB rating, 10-6 record & playoffs (avg. def. rank 26th)

NAACP National Champ Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantHorns View Post
    Fisher never coached Cody. Cody got injured in Jack Pardee's last season and never played again. Fisher never held McNair back on the field, he just didn't let him play for the first couple of seasons opting for Chris Chandler as McNair learned from the sidelines.
    Cody Carlson, Chris Chandler... same thing... CC.

I always thought VY should have sat a year or two as well... maybe I'm Jeff Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    It wasn't bad at the beginning, but I seem to recall a whole lot of handcuffs on McNair, and some public feedback from Fisher about McNair needing to better learn to manage the game or some $#@!...

The end was all business, nothing more.

Is that the career of a guy who went in the 5th rd or a guy who went #3 overall? If it's the former, then it just shows he's a scrubby QB and the team will be looking to upgrade in the draft. If it's the latter, then he's a massive bust.

What year did VY put up 2793 with 19TDs and 10ints? Oh, you're counting 2009 and 2010 together. Doesn't work that way, sorry.

Ah, Kid Quick. The ultimate VY troll.

I would look forward to watching you eat your own words at the end of this saga, but those green bars next to your name tell me you're a sock.

What year did VY put up 2793 with 19TDs and 10ints? Oh, you're counting 2009 and 2010 together. Doesn't work that way, sorry.
    I can see the allusion to the witch trials went completely over your head.

And you really think the the team would be looking to upgrade after three years when he would be coming off a 89 QB rating and third straight playoff appearance? Bull$#@!.
    Last edited by borna_horn; 04-30-2012 at 10:51 AM.

asshat Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo is a rep whore. Rimbo's Avatar
    And you really think the the team would be looking to upgrade after three years when he would be coming off a 89 QB rating and third straight playoff appearance? Bull$#@!.
    dumber nfl personnel moves have happened

Vince finally settled down! Congrats VY

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    Vince finally settled down! Congrats VY

I cannot BELIEVE this $#@!ing $#@!!!!!

asshat EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird's Avatar
    twitter can't possibly be from stand-up guy Jeff Fisher. He'll be first to tell you, to your face, and to the world, that real men don't text or twitter.

bunghole UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be slams and goes hard. UTwantedto be's Avatar
    I believe Vince is still a bit of an unknown commodity amongst the owners, hell he even is on this board. The owners with a good qb are afraid of the fan reaction if VY has to play due to an injury, and the owners with a $#@!ty qb are afraid fans will be calling for VY to play if their starting qb sucks balls to start the season. I think there are NFL fans out that think VY may be able to get the job done and the owners don't want to deal with it. He better succeed if given another chance because it will probably be his last.

asshat Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry's Avatar
    Just want to point out that both KC and AZ didnt draft a QB and their current situation calls for a competing QB to come in.

VY + JC = :)

asshat EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird grows his own roses EarlyBird's Avatar
    Vince makes plays, wins games and inspires his teammates. He makes certain coaches feel slightly less relevant. High school coaches don't mind it. CEO-college coaches like Mack don't mind it. High-ego sacred-cow pro coaches resent it. In hindsight I don't think Vince could have landed in a worse situation, as he was the hated owner's pet from Texas forcibly shoved down the throat of a fan-favorite coach with a swelled head, and all in the deep south.
    Vince winning from the jump proved that Bud Adam's hunch/revenge > Jeff Fisher's educated, experienced, highly respected NFL opinion. Of course, that is when we came to learn that Vince was a suicidal, self-destructive crybaby who crumbles under pressure and walks out on his teammates.

asshat Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous is a rep whore. Dixie Normous's Avatar
    Stan, I'm beginning to think you don't really LOVE animals...

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange Shaggy Gold Club BigOrange's Avatar
    so it would be reasonable to think that if anything is going to happen, it would happen pretty soon. right?

asshat Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Gurrry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    so it would be reasonable to think that if anything is going to happen, it would happen pretty soon. right?
    He said in a radio interview he would sign after the draft. So I would assume so.

+ Reply to Thread