+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic PC games

asshat Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze's Avatar

Classic PC games

I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Computers had always been around my childhood home in the 80s. What are some of the games y'all played, besides the obvious ones like King's Quest?

Oo-Topos
    Zyll
    Below the Root
    Jump Joe
    Jump Man
    California/Winter Games

Duke of New York Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97's Avatar
    We've had a couple of threads on this, but always good for another.

Man, I loved Jump Man.

A couple of really old games I liked: Motor Mania and Beachhead. Big fan of loadrunner as well.

asshat vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz's Avatar
    Oregon Trail
    Number Munchers

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Space Quest...

super bunny
    karateka
    all of the Id/Apogee/3D realms/Epic shareware games
    anything from Sierra
    anything from Lucasarts
    and a bunch that I cannot seem to find and searches always take me to different games of the same genre.
    old school Test drive back when it was EGA only
    interstate '76 was ground breaking for me

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    and I just found the damn game I had been searching for forever... usually the searches would lead me to death rally or death race, but for some reason a search took me to Death Track. loved that damn game, basically a road rash type game where you destroy the other vehicles using missles, mines, caltrops, armor, battering rams and it all could be continually upgraded including the engine of your vehicle.

there was one point where I played the $#@! out of this game.

bunghole UTfootballFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? UTfootballFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? UTfootballFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? UTfootballFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? UTfootballFan's Avatar
    Captain Comic

asshat Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Karateka for sure!

I only had the re-release of lode runner in the early 90s. It was cool as $#@! with the level builder.

This is the crazy thing about 80s games, some of them I never heard of.

A few others:

The black cauldron
    Boulderdash
    Thexdor
    LEM Lunar Lander (or some such $#@!)

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar
    Dope Wars

i get breakfast tacos SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII's Avatar

asshat Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes grows his own roses Laser Eyes's Avatar
    One of the first that I remember was on my Wang.

Last edited by Laser Eyes; 04-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.

asshat Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard. Bash Riprock slams and goes hard.
    Raid over Moscow
    Lords of Conquest

asshat vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuwstinTexasBaby View Post

there was one point where I played the $#@! out of this game.
    I still have all the music downloaded from that game.

bunghole SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SideSlip's Avatar
    Roadwar 2000

X-Wing
    Police Quests
    FPS's: Wolfenstein / Doom / Doom 2 / Duke Nukem 3D / Rise of the Triad
    Warcraft II
    Command & Conquer

asshat Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Cheese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideSlip View Post
    Roadwar 2000

that looks alot like Ultima on an Apple ][+

Choplifter $#@!!!!!!

bunghole Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Apep's Avatar
    TSR's Gold Box D&D games.

i get breakfast tacos SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyDumps View Post
    X-Wing
    holy yes. and a lot of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Smegma_Popsicle_II View Post
    this had a much stronger story than X-wing. I remember getting extremely wrapped up in Tie Fighters story especially when you got to fly on Vader's wing.

Fa show. I didn't actually discover/play Tie Fighter till I was in my later teens. When they re-released it or whatever. Played X-Wing when I was younger, like elementary school age, so it's more nostalgic. But Tie Fighter was the better game, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post
    this had a much stronger story than X-wing. I remember getting extremely wrapped up in Tie Fighters story especially when you got to fly on Vader's wing.
    yeah, the story was epic. the shields and weapons were amazing on the tie bomber. the later missions when you had to use the regular tie fighter were hard as $#@!. tie interceptor could cook. and yeah, darths tie advanced was amazing. could pick out a-wings with no time wasted.

the last ninja

tunnels of armageddon

Last edited by SPII; 04-25-2012 at 10:38 PM.

asshat John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan grows his own roses John Coctostan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    that looks alot like Ultima on an Apple ][+

Choplifter $#@!!!!!!
    Choplifter was good. Rescue Raiders was great.

Last edited by John Coctostan; 04-25-2012 at 10:55 PM.

rescue raiders was incredible. never beat it though. my joystuck was funky.

damn... damn that's a blast from the past!!!!
    Last edited by SPII; 04-25-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: just had to say more. great mention coctostan

Hipster Rights Advocate texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax Shaggy Gold Club texassax's Avatar
    Commander Keen

loved me some early 90's games when they started using the 3d graphics instead of sprites.

this game was one of those that had me early on:

Duke of New York Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97's Avatar
    I hate this thread. It's making me want to head over to GOG and buy more (that I won't have time to play)

Quote Originally Posted by texassax View Post
    Commander Keen
    $#@!. Yes. Forgot about this one

asshat longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan's Avatar
    Freddy Pharkus Frontier Pharmacist. BAM!!!!!!!!!

asshat longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan's Avatar
    Still one of my favorite video games of all time. Easily top 3.

asshat Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22's Avatar
    The King's Quest and Police Quest series were baller.

Really? No Civilization mention?

Great. Now you've done it. I'm going to have to go home and load up Civ II. There goes the weekend.

I would love for al the Sierra games to be ported to the iPhone. As well as lode runner.

Early 90s action:

How about scorched earth??!? Loved that game. Killing $#@!s with the death's head.

Pirates!
    4D boxing

Back to the 80s:

Sopwith Camel

loved scorched earth, that was a great game.

loved Chuck Yeager's air combat, seal team, strike commander, Beneath a Steel Sky.

asshat Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard. Harry J. slams and goes hard.
    I played the ever loving $#@! out of Blood n Guts and Skool Daze on my friend's Commodore 64

As mentioned above, Roadwar 2000 was awesome. Played that on my Apple iigs. But Neuromancer was what I played the most on the iigs

asshat Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner's Avatar

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrucker View Post

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/mark.htm

asshat offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. offshore ag's Avatar
    damn straight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78l7...eature=related

asshat Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man Shaggy Gold Club Celery Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Coctostan View Post
    Choplifter was good. Rescue Raiders was great.

$#@!, I just remembered a game I spent hours and hours on when I was little...

Armor Alley. I remember the adrenaline pumping as I reloaded my bombs at the landing pad and then raced to the right to destroy the oncoming tank before it eviscerated the leading infantry on the advancing frontline....

I guess that game was basically an updated Choplifter/Rescue Raiders/whatever that screencap is from.

asshat JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB's Avatar
    am I ridiculous for liking Prince of Persia?? Fantastic on my Rio Computer with a 4gb hard drive.

asshat Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner grows his own roses Sooner's Avatar
    On that tie-fighter theme.. anyone play X-Wing v Tie Fighter?

asshat elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo's Avatar

asshat Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Montag's Avatar
    C64 till I die:

Monster Madness
    Legacy of the Ancients
    Legend of Blacksilver
    Marble Madness ($#@!ty port of this game on the c64 actually, very hard to play but I did anyway)
    Colonial Conquest.

Red Alert (1 & 2)

Quote Originally Posted by hornsareus View Post
    Red Alert (1 & 2)
    $#@! yes. Had some chippy modem-2-modem games against my friends, always proceeded by post game $#@! talk the next day at school.

asshat Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn's Avatar
    Anyone else remember

Marathon

Bungie's Mac answer to games like Doom. Mid 90s

Doh! this was supposed to be PC games, oh well
    Last edited by Leander Horn; 05-05-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: PC not Mac

Front Page Sports: Football

+ Reply to Thread