+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obama is using the DOJ to rob farmers

Banned Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen

Obama is using the DOJ to rob farmers

Well apparently if you grow food, you aren't allowed to make money off of it or at least you aren't allowed to keep it:

http://foodfreedomgroup.com/2012/04/...farmers-money/

While being questioned, the Sowers were finally presented with a seizure order and advised that the feds had already emptied their bank account of $70,000. The Dept. of Justice has since sued to keep $63,000 of the Sowers’ money, though they committed no crime other than maintaining their privacy
    When a similar action was taken against Taylor’s Produce Stand last year, the feds seized $90,000, dropped the charges, and kept $45,000 of Taylor’s money.
    Former Maryland assistant U.S. attorney Steven Levin told the paper, “The emphasis is on basically seizing money, whether it is legally or illegally earned. It can lead to financial ruin for business owners, and there’s a potential for abuse here by the government
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 04-25-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Duke of New York Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97 is a rep whore. Hellraiser97's Avatar
    So let's see.

1) Intentionally circumvent Bank Secrecy Laws
    2) Get busted by Feds
    3) Have fringe groups take up your cause
    4) ???????
    5) PROFIT!

I've deposited over $10k numerous times since 9/11. It's not that big of a deal and doesn't take that much time. Whether you agree with the Bank Secrecy Act or not, if you intentionally circumvent it, whose fault is it when you get busted?

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    So they're admitting to committing a federal offense, right?

Banned Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen Dwight Schrute is a Model Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosters Galore View Post
    So they're admitting to committing a federal offense, right?
    And exactly what federal offense are the committing and what right does that give the DOJ to steal their money?

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    From your link:

“Structuring,” explains Overlawyered.com, “is the federal criminal offense of splitting up bank deposits so as to keep them under a threshold such as $10,000 above which banks have to report transactions to the government.”

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    And exactly what federal offense are the committing and what right does that give the DOJ to steal their money?

did you even read the article you posted??

asshat TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    did you even read the article you posted??
    $#@! YOU!! TEH AVENGERS RULE!!11 caps

From your link:

Missed that. Still it's $#@!ed up and they shouldn't be able to just seize assets at their will.

asshat TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TJ's Avatar
    Seriously though, Dwight, no they shouldn't. It's not just an "Obama thing," this is a big government vs. personal freedom issue.

where's the due process in these seizures? The article makes it seem as if the parties woke up one morning to find their bank account empty. Surely there are procedural safeguards, no?

where's the due process in these seizures? The article makes it seem as if the parties woke up one morning to find their bank account empty. Surely there are procedural safeguards, no?
    Once they seize your money, you are guilty until proven innocent. The punishment no longer fit the crime. I know ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but this is ridiculous. Due process is dead, and these asset forfeiture laws are insane.

asshat Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Brisketexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JMHammer View Post
    Once they seize your money, you are guilty until proven innocent. The punishment no longer fit the crime. I know ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but this is ridiculous. Due process is dead, and these asset forfeiture laws are insane.
    I agree 100%. But I will re-iterate that I think it's stupid to call this a move by Obama. These bull$#@! laws have been around for several administrations, and have been abused that entire time.

The OP is horrified because he thinks the Obama DOJ is doing something different, or unique. He SHOULD be horrified because Obama's DOJ is simply doing more of the SAME. The problem is not Obama, or Bush, or Clinton -- it is statism.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post
    I agree 100%. But I will re-iterate that I think it's stupid to call this a move by Obama. These bull$#@! laws have been around for several administrations, and have been abused that entire time.

The OP is horrified because he thinks the Obama DOJ is doing something different, or unique. He SHOULD be horrified because Obama's DOJ is simply doing more of the SAME. The problem is not Obama, or Bush, or Clinton -- it is statism.
    What you are saying is true, but the feds seem to be applying less and less common sense to these situations. I don't know if it is just a natural progression over time, or the arrogance that seems to permeate this administration at all levels. It is clear that it was a big mistake to allow law enforcement to keep part of the money they seize. That is a clear conflict of interest and the catalyst for these abuses.

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post

NO YOU'RE WRONG!
    REPUBS GOOD, DEMS BAD

- Dwight Shute aka The Garnett Lantern

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction's Avatar
    I'm convinced Schrute is a grendel/briscoe sock.
    Last edited by MissingInAction; 04-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Just another reason to keep as little money as possible in the bank. The government can seize it all at any time on whatever pretext it chooses and you have to sue to get it back. Ridiculous.

The excuse for these laws is of course the Drug War. "Gotta stop those money launderers ya know!" Except that each of the big banks has laundered billions for the drug cartels without any consequences. So the stated reason is proven BS.

It's a control mechanism. They are trying to discourage cash so that they can track everything that you do and so that all of your wealth is subject to arbitrary confiscation. They are trying to take this a step further with a "cashless" economy. That will eliminate liquid financial wealth held outside the banks.

And just coincidentally this will remove the critical barrier to infinite leverage since banks will never have to be concerned about people coming in to demand their money. Legal tender issued by our elected government will be replaced entirely with accounting ledger entries that exist only in the records of banks. The control possibilities are enormous. Your (government sponsored) bank card could easily morph into a ration card that controls and limits ALL of your purchases as well as tracking them.

edit:
    Launder billions of drug profits and hundreds of billions of unknown origin in blatant violation of the law and you get a taxpayer bailout. Make a technical mistake in the size and timing of your bank deposits and the government robs you at gunpoint.
    Last edited by SushiHorn; 04-25-2012 at 04:30 PM.

asshat BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn Shaggy Gold Club BrothaHorn's Avatar
    $#@! the Beast!!"

Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    NO YOU'RE WRONG!
    REPUBS GOOD, DEMS BAD

- Dwight Shute aka The Garnett Lantern
    1. I'm not a Republican. Neither party is worth a $#@! but at least the Republicans do have some party members worth a $#@!.
    2. Learn to spell.
    3. Contrary to what lies you hear online, this is my only account on here.
    4.?????
    5. EABOD.

asshat hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn's Avatar
    1. I'm not a Republican. Neither party is worth a $#@! but at least the Republicans do have some party members worth a $#@!.
    2. Learn to spell.
    3. Contrary to what lies you hear online, this is my only account on here.
    4.?????
    5. EABOD.
    You share IP addresses (multiple) with garnett. This is a fact. And you post JUST LIKE him. You are him. Finkle is einhorn. Don't hide behind the fact that because Garnett was banned and therefore unable to post that you aren't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden_horn View Post
    You share IP addresses (multiple) with garnett. This is a fact. And you post JUST LIKE him. You are him. Finkle is einhorn. Don't hide behind the fact that because Garnett was banned and therefore unable to post that you aren't the same.
    No I don't. Just because someone says something online doesn't mean it's true fool. Besides, I have an IP blocker on my personal laptop and half my posts come from work. But hey keep believing what other idiots online tell you.
    Last edited by Dwight Schrute; 04-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.

asshat hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn Shaggy Gold Club hayden_horn's Avatar
    I was the one that looked it up, fool

Shaggy Goon MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction Shaggy Gold Club MissingInAction's Avatar
    No I don't. Just because someone says something online doesn't mean it's true fool. Besides, I have an IP blocker on my personal laptop and half my posts come from work. But hey keep believing what other idiots online tell you.
    If you have one shred of not stupid in you then you should know not to open this can of worms.

I was the one that looked it up, fool
    Oh so you are the one who is making $#@! up on here? Glad we know who the real troll is.

Lulz

release the hounds

Quote Originally Posted by MissingInAction View Post
    release the hounds

Busy at the moment. I'll deal with this guy in a bit, if, say, a train doesn't hit him first.

I see what you did there.

asshat Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn grows his own roses Tennesseehorn's Avatar
    Former Maryland assistant U.S. attorney Steven Levin told the paper, “The emphasis is on basically seizing money, whether it is legally or illegally earned. It can lead to financial ruin for business owners, and there’s a potential for abuse here by the government
    One of the biggest understatements in the last 100 years!

Clearly Obama is responsible for the war on drugs.

Oh so you are the one who is making $#@! up on here? Glad we know who the real troll is.
    Ban this insufferable $#@!et's IP address and all associated accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ban this insufferable $#@!et's IP address and all associated accounts.

lol this coming from a pathetic $#@! who tries to hold down a persona as being the cool guy online despite the fact that he contributes precisely $#@! to any conversation in any thread and people are seeing through your bull$#@! dude. Give it up man, no one believes you are a cool guy when you've spent the last 4 years of your life doing nothing more than racking up posts on a message board.

asshat theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods is a rep whore. theropods's Avatar
    Making sure the Velociraptors haven't escaped their enclosure
    Busy at the moment. I'll deal with this guy in a bit, if, say, a train doesn't hit him first.
    He may be insinuating that both of these posters are hitby socks. I sometimes wonder if this site isn't really just a ponzi scheme involving hitbyatrain socks.

asshat DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat09 View Post
    Clearly Obama is responsible for the war on drugs.
    He's not responsible for it, but he sure as hell isn't easing up on it. New boss/old boss yada $#@!ing yada.

asshat Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc grows his own roses Rick Simon - S&S PI, Inc's Avatar
    Haha. Nice. An IP Blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by theropods View Post
    He may be insinuating that both of these posters are hitby socks. I sometimes wonder if this site isn't really just a ponzi scheme involving hitbyatrain socks.
    Nope. Neither are hitby

Dark and Stormy washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. washparkhorn's Avatar
    It would nice to have a master list of socks.

BC is not my sock.

I'm not kidding. He's not.

90% of the accounts here are my socks, including (the smart) half of posters in this thread.

90% of the accounts here are my socks, including (the smart) half of posters in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread