+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Texas to start playing aggy again in 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by randomscribbles View Post
    So did he kill hookers of his own or did he just like to watch? Why isn't rep. Barton answering the tough questions?
    I heard that Eric $#@!erson liked to watch...

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    I started at UT in 1993 only 2 years removed from Arkansas leaving for the SEC. And by then, the Arkansas "rivalry" was DEAD. This was a super old rivalry and there was no talk about it. Done. We played them for the 1st time again in 1999 in the Cotton Bowl some 8 years after the series ended and it was a great buzz but it was temporary. And when we played again in 2003, 2004 and 2008 it was luke warm.

My point is say we take a 10 year break from A&M, the series, rivalry,... it's dead. It will never be the same. Just like Bonfire; that was 1999, 13 years ago. Students at A&M have heard the stories but they don't know what it's like. And now the students who will start enrolling at both UT and A&M, they won't know of any rivalry.

Barton and co. are pissing in the wind.

Banned Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen
    It's pretty much over, people. A few months ago, Aggies wanted the game. Ask most Aggies what they think now. Even if Deloss changed his mind, I think there's doubt whether A&M will make it happen. Everybody needs to give it up. The "rivalry" is dead and gone, and neither side wants it to resume.

asshat runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone's Avatar
    If something is soft, you can get it hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid-Field Brawl View Post
    It's pretty much over, people. A few months ago, Aggies wanted the game. Ask most Aggies what they think now. Even if Deloss changed his mind, I think there's doubt whether A&M will make it happen. Everybody needs to give it up. The "rivalry" is dead and gone, and neither side wants it to resume.
    Haha, what?

Rep-A Ponzi Scheme MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MP5's Avatar
    Joe Barton should be voted out of office

asshat TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf's Avatar
    Dallas, where the chicks are pricey and the ebola is free
    Quote Originally Posted by BearLakeHorn View Post
    I started at UT in 1993 only 2 years removed from Arkansas leaving for the SEC. And by then, the Arkansas "rivalry" was DEAD. This was a super old rivalry and there was no talk about it. Done. We played them for the 1st time again in 1999 in the Cotton Bowl some 8 years after the series ended and it was a great buzz but it was temporary. And when we played again in 2003, 2004 and 2008 it was luke warm.

My point is say we take a 10 year break from A&M, the series, rivalry,... it's dead. It will never be the same. Just like Bonfire; that was 1999, 13 years ago. Students at A&M have heard the stories but they don't know what it's like. And now the students who will start enrolling at both UT and A&M, they won't know of any rivalry.

Barton and co. are pissing in the wind.
    The part about it being dead may be true on OUR end. Definitely not up there. I suspect it will be the same with aggy.

Duke of New York Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWolf View Post
    The part about it being dead may be true on OUR end. Definitely not up there. I suspect it will be the same with aggy.
    This may be the first thing you have said that I agree with. I think part of that is because Arkansas never established a real rival in the SEC. If aggy and arky find inbred love, the case might be different now.

Banned Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen Mid-Field Brawl is a Model Citizen
    The A&M Administration's official stance is "we would like to continue the game." You think they really want to continue it? Why?

Duke of New York Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97 Shaggy Gold Club Hellraiser97's Avatar
    The A&M Administration's official stance is "we would like to continue the game." You think they really want to continue it? Why?
    Because the entire school is obsessed with 't.u.'?

Obsession? That's your answer? You really believe that? Say that to Aggies and see what response you get. In fact, I think that's the position all longhorn fans should take. "Aggy wants the game because Aggy is obsessed with The University." Please do it. It will solidify the END of the "rivalry" forever and we can all move on.

Other reasons why A&M might want to continue the "rivalry" would include (1) an additional marquee game in Texas (which is a very good reason), and (2) the SOS concerns (SEC? Really? Haha!).

What other reasons would A&M fans and Aggies want to continue the "rivalry"?

asshat NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse Shaggy Gold Club NameAlreadyInUse's Avatar
    According to aggy I talk to, is because aggy believes that this is the most important game of the year for them.

You keep saying they aren't interested, but I've yet to meet any aggy that isn't butthurt that we won't play them, and further, that isn't anxious to find a way to keep the game going.

I think you've said it enough now that I'd like to see your proof. What leads you to the conclusion that aggy doesn't want the game anymore?

Obsession? That's your answer? You really believe that? Say that to Aggies and see what response you get. In fact, I think that's the position all longhorn fans should take. "Aggy wants the game because Aggy is obsessed with The University." Please do it. It will solidify the END of the "rivalry" forever and we can all move on.

Other reasons why A&M might want to continue the "rivalry" would include (1) an additional marquee game in Texas (which is a very good reason), and (2) the SOS concerns (SEC? Really? Haha!).

I grew up around aggys. Most of my best friends are aggys. I spent a lot of time at aggy campus in school (I did a photo essay on bonfire). No aggy will ever admit that they are obsessed with Texas. They will insist the exact opposite. But you know what they say, actions speak louder than words.

Aggy is obsessed with Texas. They are obsessed with proving themselves against us. It's a constant $#@! measuring contest between a Clydesdale and donkey.

You're right. I concede the point. Allow me to concede properly:

Aggies are seriously beside themselves about not playing the Longhorns anymore. Their lives are ruined by Deloss' edict. How will they ever cope? I can hear the sobs from here. Will the lamenting ever cease? They just can't get enough Longhorn awesomeness, and it was evil and mean for Deloss to deprive so many of their only wish in life. He is a bad, bad man. Poor Aggy. The government should do something to help poor Aggy and force the state's most sacred institution, The University, to play poor, obsessed, jealous Aggy. It's the decent thing to do. Aggy sure would appreciate it.

Either way. This game is gone. Another poster said it right when he said that both fan bases will soon forget. UT will probably develop rivalry with WVU, and stronger ones with Baylor and Tech. A&M will renew old rivalries with Arkansas and LSU. Everyone will forget about it, and NOT having the game will be normal. In 10 years, NOBODY will care.

asshat TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland's Avatar
    psssst. your rival is now South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse View Post
    You keep saying they aren't interested, but I've yet to meet any aggy that isn't butthurt that we won't play them, and further, that isn't anxious to find a way to keep the game going.

I think you've said it enough now that I'd like to see your proof. What leads you to the conclusion that aggy doesn't want the game anymore?
    There's a $#@! ton here:
    http://espn.go.com/ncaa/conversation...ftball-rivalry

When have SOS concerns ever mattered for A&M in their entire history? Maybe on the basketball bubble, but never in football. They have never been in a position in football where SOS even remotely mattered.

So you're saying that A&M has even FEWER reasons to play UT? Very well. I agree.

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    UT will probably develop...stronger ones with Baylor and Tech.
    If the rest of your inane blather hadn't outed you, this piece of horse$#@! certainly did. Ags just can't help exposing themselves.

(must resist urge to make Tate Pittman joke)

the $#@! are you talking about?

The point is that the legislature should stay the $#@! out of this $#@!. I don't give a $#@! if A&M wants the game. This is bull$#@!.

Aggies are seriously beside themselves about not playing the Longhorns anymore. Their lives are ruined by Deloss' edict. How will they ever cope? I can hear the sobs from here. Will the lamenting ever cease? They just can't get enough Longhorn awesomeness, and it was evil and mean for Deloss to deprive so many of their only wish in life. He is a bad, bad man. Poor Aggy. The government should do something to help poor Aggy and force the state's most sacred institution, The University, to play poor, obsessed, jealous Aggy. It's the decent thing to do. Aggy sure would appreciate it.
    Bout time you got your $#@! straight.

Either way. This game is gone. Another poster said it right when he said that both fan bases will soon forget. UT will probably develop rivalry with WVU, and stronger ones with Baylor and Tech. A&M will renew old rivalries with Arkansas and LSU. Everyone will forget about it, and NOT having the game will be normal. In 10 years, NOBODY will care.
    The one difference between the pigs and the ags is that while there are some swine alums in Texas, they're not that prevalent. The ags are much more prevelent. They live near us, work with (for) us. Etc. So I don't think it will diminish near as much as some people think. It will only diminish if (when) aggy has been bottom dwelling for so long in the SEC that their will to argue has been beaten from them forever.

Most CFB fans think A&M is destined to be a bottom-dwelling SEC team for years to come. So, it follows that Aggie fans will no longer want the game, right?

What if (and this is a BIG what if) Aggies are very successful in the SEC and UT starts to struggle? Will the reverse be true that Longhorn fans will want the game more?

tuckfard Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius grows his own roses Ignatius's Avatar
    What if (and this is a BIG what if) Aggies are very successful in the SEC?
    What if (and this is a BIG what if) I get a blowjob from Megan Fox?

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    Obviously it's going to take me asking whether or not this rumor is true tomorrow night at my dinner with the Board of Regents, the UT System Chancellor, the UT-Austin President, and all the Vice Chancellors? Fine, I'll do it.

Please do. Tell us there is good news--that this is all bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser97 View Post
    The one difference between the pigs and the ags is that while there are some swine alums in Texas, they're not that prevalent. The ags are much more prevelent. They live near us, work with (for) us. Etc. So I don't think it will diminish near as much as some people think. It will only diminish if (when) aggy has been bottom dwelling for so long in the SEC that their will to argue has been beaten from them forever.
    And for the record, Arkansas still isn't over it.

Most CFB fans think A&M is destined to be a bottom-dwelling SEC team for years to come. So, it follows that Aggie fans will no longer want the game, right?
    Its not that they won't want the game. They'll just STFU about it.

What if (and this is a BIG what if) Aggies are very successful in the SEC and UT starts to struggle? Will the reverse be true that Longhorn fans will want the game more?
    UNPOSSIBLE. And even if it were, no, we have BlowU.

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    No. I've always found Aggie fans to be an insufferable lot.

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Joe Barton made a video

CRUNK

Joe's cargo shortts ftmfw

asshat WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex's Avatar
    the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire
    Say that to Aggies and see what response you get.
    denial is what I would get

Fair enough, Hellraiser. I guess Aggies will continue to want the game.

Why the hell would Dodds even leave open the possibility of the game by saying the schedule is full until 2018? Why not just come out and say "$#@! Aggy. We are never playing those sheep $#@!ers again. Forget it. Let it go. Ain't EVER happening." Put the $#@!in nail in A&M's coffin. End all the yappin about the game once and for all.

asshat Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker Shaggy Gold Club Speedtrucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    What if (and this is a BIG what if) I get a blowjob from Megan Fox?
    now this is fun, I like this game.

and what the $#@! is the argument? we have one AG that wants everyone here to believe that all AGs suddenly forgot about the Longhorns? that everything Texas is no longer in the forefront of every AGs mind?!? that preseason top 25 polls posted on their Texags didn't have the very 1st post be about Texas ranked at #22?!? or are we all in agreement that the $#@!ing Joe Barton is an AG and is trying to use his political power to save every AGs most favorite game where they remind us that in years that had solar eclipses the record is even between the 2 schools and only those years should be counted as even remotely relevant?

Fair enough, Hellraiser. I guess Aggies will continue to want the game.

Why the hell would Dodds even leave open the possibility of the game by saying the schedule is full until 2018? Why not just come out and say "$#@! Aggy. We are never playing those sheep $#@!ers again. Forget it. Let it go. Ain't EVER happening." Put the $#@!in nail in A&M's coffin. End all the yappin about the game once and for all.
    He enjoys taunting the peasants?

asshat TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TexasWolf's Avatar

So the "saw em off" stickers are no longer produced. And there will be no more swaying and singing of saw the horns off varsity. And all references to the University of Texas have been eliminated from the War Hymn. Good to know all that's happened.

The two schools have had to suspend playing each other in football before. Primarily b/c of the rivalry boiling over into brawls on the field. This go around, the brawling was verbal and between the admins.

I suspect UT and A&M will schedule a 2 game series in the future and see what happens. Probably 5-10 years.

Either way, Joe Barton needs to keep his dumb ass out of it.

The answer to your last question is YES.

The timeline on that may actually happen as well. A&M is going to struggle in the SEC for a good 4-5 years. We are set to go on a monster run over the next 5-7 years. At which point, Mack will retire and some poor sap will have to replace one of the two best coaches we've ever had.

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasWolf View Post
    I'm saying it is inevitable. It is not dead now but in a few years it will be dead. When you start having graduating classes of students go through the ranks without the game, it dies off. We have yet to see that but once we do, it will be dead.

Like I said, I went to UT only 2 years removed from the Arkansas series ending and for students then it was dead. Students younger than me (or graduates younger than me) don't really know any other way.

The UT/A&M series was longer and deeper so it will take more than 2 years but if we go 4-10 years, yeah it will be dead on both ends. Either way it won't ever be the same. It won't be on Thanksgiving night every year (or T+1) with Bonfire, with the Corps goose-stepping down Congress Avenue.

And honestly in ~10 years, I think that the Ags might have to change their lyrics, sawing off Varsity's horns, ... won't make sense. While Ags today say it's crazy, Ags in 10 years will have a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCruiser View Post
    Obviously it's going to take me asking whether or not this rumor is true tomorrow night at my dinner with the Board of Regents, the UT System Chancellor, the UT-Austin President, and all the Vice Chancellors? Fine, I'll do it.
    Please report what you find out.

'rivalry' is right.

a so-called rivalry.
    so-called by bored news people and people who don't know what a real rivalry looks like.

want to see what a rivalry looks like?
    look one state north.

when i started my journey on the forty, we had two rivalries.
    one state north and one state northeast.
    those were barn-burner rivalries, though when the piggies ran off to the east we never noticed they were gone.

the yawner with the ags never amounted to $#@!.
    we won't notice they are gone once we get used to the better smell.

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    It'll make fun dinner conversation, but don't be surprised if I get some party-line answer. But we'll be in a fairly low-defense situation. I'd like to see what the story is from the source. I'm sure our OP and our aggie friends have differing opinions but I also doubt that they have direct access to the decision makers. Let me also be clear-I'm not trying to come across as a decision maker---i consistently sit on information because I'm tired of how pissy this site gets about things like this.

asshat hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses hamttx grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser97 View Post
    This may be the first thing you have said that I agree with. I think part of that is because Arkansas never established a real rival in the SEC. If aggy and arky find inbred love, the case might be different now.
    I think the reason Arkansas never established any type of rivalry in the SECSECSEC is because no one really saw them as any type of threat. You can bet that if a Texas or ou joined that conference rivalries would pop up over night. Reason? Cause they scared of what they could do. Doesn't mean they would, but the potential is there to upset the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by hamttx View Post
    I think the reason Arkansas never established any type of rivalry in the SECSECSEC is because no one really saw them as any type of threat. You can bet that if a Texas or ou joined that conference rivalries would pop up over night. Reason? Cause they scared of what they could do. Doesn't mean they would, but the potential is there to upset the status quo.
    Agree. And that is why there wasn't much beef with aggy and Mizzou joining from the current sec schools. Neither are threats to the status quo.

Problem for the SEC is, they just watered down their product. That's why I'm bearish on the SEC moving to take a weak nc state and good va tech as the next teams. They would increase market with such a move...but water down their product even more.

asshat Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randomscribbles View Post
    I think this is about right. A&M is going to get the Arky treatment from us. A home and home every once in a while, but not until a little more than a decade has passed after the divorce. Enough to placate those who want to see the tradition come back, but not enough to make new fans really consider them a contemporary rival.
    $#@! this home and home $#@!. $#@! playing them period.

no aggy at all.

we should never willingly play them for a minimum of 40 years, they should be forced to wander in the wilderness like the jews, under the direction of their own moses, $#@!ing 100-year-decision fupa bowtie.

furthermore, we must keep the flame of hate alive and burning; as an example, we should look to the brethren, who in 1845 adopted the following vow in the temple endowment ceremony:

"You and each of you do covenant and promise that you will pray and never cease to pray to Almighty God to avenge the blood of the prophets upon this nation, and that you will teach the same to your children and to your children's children unto the third and fourth generation."

without digressing in to the repressed history of mormon jihad against the united states, it should be noted that the above vow was not removed from the temple endowment ceremony until ca. 1926, a period of nearly 80 years.

a few little switcheroos gives us something useful for every shagparent to use as soon as every little shagger or shagette can comprehend and discern the difference between evil maroon and god's-sunset-burnt-orange:

"You and each of you do covenant and promise that you will pray and never cease to pray to your deity of choice to avenge the evil of aggy stupidity upon both old army and new, and that you will teach the same to your children and to your children's children unto the third and fourth generation."

furthermore, we must insure, for the next 40 years, that aggy is aware that we will not stand for anything less than taking the all-time record for aggy suppression and repression. unfortunately, despite the pornographic disparity in the end-of-series records for all of our athletic contests, lsu holds the #1 slot in the pantheon of aggy repression.

this will not do.

with the exception of an orange bowl contest in 1943, and an october contest in dallas in september of 1955, between 1923 and 1986, lsu condescended to contest aggy in football a total of 29 times, and with the exception of the 2 games mentioned, every single game was in red stick.

63 years, and 29 games. this must be surpassed.

and thus, in the year 2052, after a 40-year break echoing the jewish exile for blasphemy and treason against god, shall we renew our series with aggy, with the series entirely contested in Austin for a minimum run of 30 games at a rate of 1 game every 10 years, allowing us to break lsu's all-time record in the year 2352.

so let it be written. so let it be done.

The Board of Regents, President Powers, and other key decision makers assured me that there are no plans at all to schedule A&M in any major sport in the foreseeable future. I'm sure these friends of yours from A&M know otherwise, but I feel pretty confident given the company I was just in.

asshat ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc's Avatar
    The Board of Regents, President Powers, and other key decision makers assured me that there are no plans at all to schedule A&M in any major sport in the foreseeable future. I'm sure these friends of yours from A&M know otherwise, but I feel pretty confident given the company I was just in.
    good i am glad...$#@! aggy

Prolific Pedant Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry's Avatar
    I think it's funny that this Aggie is trying desperately to convince us that most of them, including the important ones, don't care about playing us despite the fact that their administration has made multiple public statements that they want to keep playing Texas. There are only two possible reasons to make those statements:

a. It's the truth and they are attempting to pressure us into playing.
    b. It's not true but they are trying to prevent backlash from their alumni base and fan base. You know, because their alumni and fans do indeed care and want to keep playing us.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 05-02-2012 at 09:44 PM.

asshat Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Steve Lattimer's Avatar

asshat Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister grows his own roses Scheiss Meister's Avatar
    I am glad to read this. Now I wish that I hadn't punched that midget.

You really should say you are sorry. And I am gonna go back to not reporting things I hear because there are some on this board that get so pissy. I am guilty of cool story bro stuff in the past. But I also get privy to good scoops but I don't want to share some of them (not this one, but many others) because of the $#@!headedness around here.

bunghole Nate The Great is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Nate The Great is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Nate The Great's Avatar

Didnt aggy put the score of the texas game that year on their cotton bowl ring? Ya, not obsessed at all.. Isnt their fight song written around a victory over Texas? Seems normal...

Texas does not need to play aggy to stay relevant, aggy needs to play Texas to keep from fading into the background with 4 and 5 win seasons.

bunghole Nate The Great is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Nate The Great is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Nate The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
    Didnt aggy put the score of the texas game that year on their cotton bowl ring? Ya, not obsessed at all.. Isnt their fight song written around a victory over Texas? Seems normal...

Texas does not need to play aggy to stay relevant, aggy needs to play Texas to keep from fading into the background with 4 and 5 win seasons.
    ALAMO** bowl ring

+ Reply to Thread