+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Crab Legs

asshat Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker's Avatar

King Crab Legs

I've bought three pounds of King Crab Legs from HEB. How do I cook them? Or, are they already cooked?

My first thought was to put them in a pot with about an inch of boiling water for 15 minutes, but if they're already cooked, I don't want to overcook.

asshat JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB's Avatar
    They are not cooked yet, either boil them (doesn't take long) or drop in a fryer (also not for long)

edit: Where do you live, and what time should I be there?
    Last edited by JSB; 04-27-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: OU sucks

HEATHER GLEN HUSTLA SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII Shaggy Gold Club SPII's Avatar
    if they're pink they're cooked. i'm about 99% sure yours are pink.

asshat handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn_Spanker View Post
    I've bought three pounds of King Crab Legs from HEB. How do I cook them? Or, are they already cooked?

My first thought was to put them in a pot with about an inch of boiling water for 15 minutes, but if they're already cooked, I don't want to overcook.
    lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by Horn_Spanker View Post

They are cooked. Just go with your first instinct, but just until hot.

Love me some king crab legs.

asshat Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic's Avatar
    how are we supposed to know if they are cooked or raw?

asshat handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser grows his own roses handcruser's Avatar
    ask the guy you are buying them from????????????????

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    Get a little water boiling. Put the crab legs in a collander (that's a little larger than the mouth of the pot) and set it on top of the pot. Steam until heated. Probably 5 minutes or so.

asshat Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by handcruser View Post
    ask the guy you are buying them from????????????????
    ask the internet instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asshat Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    how are we supposed to know if they are cooked or raw?
    Unless you live in Alaska or they're shipped to your doorstep, they're cooked.

asshat Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06's Avatar
    Also, Alton Brown has a technique on food network's website for wrapping them in plastic wrap and microwaving them. I've done it, and the results were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Heel06 View Post
    Unless you live in Alaska or they're shipped to your doorstep, they're cooked.

Exactly. Same with Stone Crab claws from Florida.

asshat Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle slams and goes hard. Roofle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    Get a little water boiling. Put the crab legs in a collander (that's a little larger than the mouth of the pot) and set it on top of the pot. Steam until heated. Probably 5 minutes or so.
    This. This this this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    ask the internet instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lolz

DERPTY DERP DERRP ACK!! MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm's Avatar
    geez, they don't freeze them raw they come off the boat LIVE, go into the processing plant where they cook them and freeze them. if you freeze them raw they break down into mush.

asshat Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker grows his own roses Horn_Spanker's Avatar

asshat judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? judge roybeanbag's Avatar
    I've never seen uncooked ones at HEB. Just eat them. On the plus side, yum. On the minus side, you got crabs.

bunghole BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BamaSucks's Avatar
    Boil for 15 minutes and you get.....empty crab legs. Meat be gone. Very disturbing. Been there, done that.

asshat Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses Fondren & Main grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by judge roybeanbag View Post
    I've never seen uncooked ones at HEB. Just eat them. On the plus side, yum. On the minus side, you got crabs.
    Just him 'em with the shampoo. </carl>

Put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the oven.

Um...you know the drill...turkey roaster, liquid smoke, and french dressing. $#@! it...somebody was gonna say it eventually.

Do the Alton Brown saran wrap and microwave technique. You're are basically just reheating them, so unless you are going to grill them to add different flavors to them (you can grill over charcoal or gas at about 3-4 minutes a side), you want to basically steam them. Don't put directly in water. When wrapped in saran wrap then heated in the microwave, you get the exact same result as steaming on the stove top in a pot, however you don't get the crab smell throughout the house and they heat in less than a minute or so. You can also leave them wrapped until served and they stay hot until you are ready to eat. It's the towel wrapped brisket in a cooler version for crustaceans.

If you do go the grill route, you can also cut open along the back and put in some drawn butter or drawn lemon butter to heat with the meat. No matter what you do, drawn butter is a must for serving.
    Last edited by Forty Acres; 04-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.

DERPTY DERP DERRP ACK!! MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm Shaggy Gold Club MrPhlegm's Avatar
    or surimi ciry

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar

Why would you slaughter this beautiful and magnificent creature?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post

Why would you slaughter this beautiful and magnificent creature?
    As beautiful and magnificent as it is, those pale in comparison to its deliciousness.

The cat knows it, too.

You're all sinners, read your damn bibles!!!

Just kidding, enjoy your sea $#@!roaches.

asshat kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun is a rep whore. kevwun's Avatar
    Crabs have some nasty parasites and bacteria and cannot be eaten raw. Like Heel06 said, king crabs are pretty much always cooked after being caught since the season when they can be harvested is short. It also kills all the nasty stuff and makes shipping them easier.

You can put them on the grill to warm them.

asshat BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White Shaggy Gold Club BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heel06 View Post
    Also, Alton Brown has a technique on food network's website for wrapping them in plastic wrap and microwaving them. I've done it, and the results were great.
    aaahhh the messiah of GM steakhouse!

Will the AB method work for Snow Crabs as well? Wife loves them but the thought of smelling up the whole apt. kills the desire to prepare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Will the AB method work for Snow Crabs as well? Wife loves them but the thought of smelling up the whole apt. kills the desire to prepare them.
    Yes. I've done it a ton of times.

fucktard Shaggybejoe is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Giant pot. Water, white vinegar, few squeezed lemons, old bay seasoning. Boil, add crab, cook till hot. That is all.

+ Reply to Thread