+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 216

Thread: The war on women

  1. #1
    asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    http://24hoursofhappy.com/
    Posts
    12,209

    The war on women

    No, the REAL one. Not the "I'm entitled to free BCP's and if you say I'm not you hate women" war on women, the other one.

    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...o_they_hate_us








    Above all, I'm saying the article is worth a read. I find absolutely nothing of its conclusions to be the slightest bit controversial.

  2. #2
    asshat carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera slams and goes hard. carrera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Clogging the neutral zone
    Posts
    3,601
    I read the article awhile ago. It has gotten a lot press both positive and negative.

    I would do dirty things to the woman painted in black.

  3. #3
    asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera View Post

    I would do dirty things to the woman painted in black.
    I wouldn't say that means you hate women either.

  4. #4
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    The piece was extremely light, more of an emotional appeal than anything really digging deep to the core of why.

    When you wage a religious war against muslims (whether you even believe it is being waged at all is irreverent) it only forces them to dig deeper into silly traditions and superstitions. Woman rights in the ME will only advance once peace gets there.

  5. #5
    Head White Devil rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? rage-a-holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW Austin
    Posts
    18,641
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    The piece was extremely light, more of an emotional appeal than anything really digging deep to the core of why.

    When you wage a religious war against muslims (whether you even believe it is being waged at all is irreverent) it only forces them to dig deeper into silly traditions and superstitions. Woman rights in the ME will only advance once peace gets there.
    What a giant $#@!ing load of appeasing, apologist horse$#@!.

  6. #6
    asshat The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Missing Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    The piece was extremely light, more of an emotional appeal than anything really digging deep to the core of why.

    When you wage a religious war against muslims (whether you even believe it is being waged at all is irreverent) it only forces them to dig deeper into silly traditions and superstitions. Woman rights in the ME will only advance once peace gets there.
    Hirohito and Hitler agree.

  7. #7
    asshat El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo is a rep whore. El Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    God bless Texas
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-a-holic View Post
    What a giant $#@!ing load of appeasing, apologist horse$#@!.
    Yep. If we don't give women free birth control pills, we're evil sexist oppressors but real evil sexist oppressors get a pass because to call them out on it would undermine some other leftist agenda.

    Liberals make me want to puke.

  8. #8
    asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peoples' Front of Judea
    Posts
    10,343
    Linux is such in insightful young man.

  9. #9
    asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by The Missing Link View Post
    Hirohito and Hitler agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    The piece was extremely light, more of an emotional appeal than anything really digging deep to the core of why.

    When you wage a religious war against muslims (whether you even believe it is being waged at all is irreverent) it only forces them to dig deeper into silly traditions and superstitions. Woman rights in the ME will only advance once peace gets there.


    Exactly when will peace arrive the Middle East ??

    Will it be when the oil runs out ?

    Will it be when they recognize Israels right to exist ?

    Will it be when religious beliefs stop trumping individual rights that don't follow religious dogma ?

    Will it be this century ?

    Pick one anyone .........

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Yep. If we don't give women free birth control pills, we're evil sexist oppressors but real evil sexist oppressors get a pass because to call them out on it would undermine some other leftist agenda.

    Liberals make me want to puke.
    You know, one would think that you of all people would understand that people don't get health insurance for free.

  11. #11
    asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    My Side of the Mountain
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat09 View Post
    You know, one would think that you of all people would understand that people don't get health insurance for free.
    Yeah, no $#@!. $#@!ing ridiculous how quickly some on the right moved to forgo reality and create their own controversy.

  12. #12
    asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    http://24hoursofhappy.com/
    Posts
    12,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosters Galore View Post
    Yeah, no $#@!. $#@!ing ridiculous how quickly some on the right moved to forgo reality and create their own controversy.
    Here, let me "make up a controversy" for you. Now explain to me how I fabricated this congressional testimony.


  13. #13
    Hammer, I will give you $50 via paypal if you can point out where Fluke demands free birth control paid for by the public treasury.

  14. #14
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    Yep. If we don't give women free birth control pills, we're evil sexist oppressors but real evil sexist oppressors get a pass because to call them out on it would undermine some other leftist agenda.
    You are sexists oppressors because you KILL those same women you try to SAVE, you will never understand, your guns and bombs are not trained to kill only oppressing men. Your money shot kills girls of all ages as well, and the IED's mop up the rest.

    I wish you people would think before you post, I mean really dig deep, well except for rage I love it when he comes out from hiding.

  15. #15
    asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    http://24hoursofhappy.com/
    Posts
    12,209
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    You are sexists oppressors because you KILL those same women you try to SAVE, you will never understand, your guns and bombs are not trained to kill only oppressing men. Your money shot kills girls of all ages as well, and the IED's mop up the rest.

    I wish you people would think before you post, I mean really dig deep, well except for rage I love it when he comes out from hiding.
    Do you know how crazy you are?

  16. #16
    asshat Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Future Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    you look like a little banana
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBoard View Post
    Will it be when they recognize Israels right to exist ?
    heyoooo. jews!

  17. #17
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexasHammer View Post
    Do you know how crazy you are?
    Yeah and I am the idoit.

    Keep thinking that your wars save women, no doubt some sort of bizarre sexual fantasy, add money and you have the GOP troika psyche in one neat little box.

  18. #18
    asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peoples' Front of Judea
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    Yeah and I am the idoit.
    It's silly because most everyone here thinks you're an idiot. You parade it like a hall monitor badge. So, you're the idiot or the rest of us are. It's a toss up, I concede, but broseph, well . . .

  19. #19
    asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Man View Post
    heyoooo. jews!
    So you focus on that ? Yeah, don't look at the completely bat $#@! crazy statement that I was responding to : linking womens rights and peace in the Middle East ? That string of words shows a lack of knowledge of the culture of the Middle East. Peace has nothing to do with the rights women may or may not achieve some day.

  20. #20
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    It's silly because most everyone here thinks you're an idiot. You parade it like a hall monitor badge. So, you're the idiot or the rest of us are. It's a toss up, I concede, but broseph, well . . .
    I ask that same question every day.

  21. #21
    asshat clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn Shaggy Gold Club clear lake horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bucolic Wonderland
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    You are sexists oppressors because you KILL those same women you try to SAVE, you will never understand, your guns and bombs are not trained to kill only oppressing men. Your money shot kills girls of all ages as well, and the IED's mop up the rest.

    I wish you people would think before you post, I mean really dig deep, well except for rage I love it when he comes out from hiding.
    Let's see if I follow your logic:

    Wars and guns and bombs kill women
    Killing women = sexual oppression
    Barack Obama fights wars with guns and bombs
    Barack Obama is a sexual oppressor.

    Is that what you meant to say?

  22. #22
    You are sexists oppressors because you KILL those same women you try to SAVE, you will never understand, your guns and bombs are not trained to kill only oppressing men. Your money shot kills girls of all ages as well, and the IED's mop up the rest.

    I wish you people would think before you post, I mean really dig deep, well except for rage I love it when he comes out from hiding.


    I can't seem to find the American with a gun to that guy's head, forcing him to beat a woman in public. I bet we just photoshopped him out to make better propaganda.

  23. #23
    asshat Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    15,826
    I'm trying to figure out, what is the point of this thread, comparing violent attrocities against women to the political climate in the US? Is it "hey, womens -- at least you aren't getting publicly flogged, so quit your bitching . . . you're lucky we let you have it so good?"

    The comparison is stupid.

    Relegating women to second-class citizens is bull$#@!, period. Whether you do it with a whip, or with a forced medical procedure, it's bull$#@!. It is logically fallacious to compare the two in order to give one any more or less "credit."

    I mean, if I beat my kids, it's cool, because I can dig up an article about how, if we were in Bangladesh, they'd be working in brutal conditions in a shipyard for 16 hours a day by the time they're 9 . . . so man, don't tell me that I'm waging a war on children?

    The right can continue to try to argue against what's going on, and can continue to be tone deaf, but the proof is in the pudding. Women are bailing on the Republican party in droves. "But it's not mysogynistic! We're not doing anything that bad!" Yell it all you want. It ain't doing any good.

  24. #24
    asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    http://24hoursofhappy.com/
    Posts
    12,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post
    I'm trying to figure out, what is the point of this thread, comparing violent attrocities against women to the political climate in the US? Is it "hey, womens -- at least you aren't getting publicly flogged, so quit your bitching . . . you're lucky we let you have it so good?"

    The comparison is stupid.

    Relegating women to second-class citizens is bull$#@!, period. Whether you do it with a whip, or with a forced medical procedure, it's bull$#@!. It is logically fallacious to compare the two in order to give one any more or less "credit."

    I mean, if I beat my kids, it's cool, because I can dig up an article about how, if we were in Bangladesh, they'd be working in brutal conditions in a shipyard for 16 hours a day by the time they're 9 . . . so man, don't tell me that I'm waging a war on children?

    The right can continue to try to argue against what's going on, and can continue to be tone deaf, but the proof is in the pudding. Women are bailing on the Republican party in droves. "But it's not mysogynistic! We're not doing anything that bad!" Yell it all you want. It ain't doing any good.
    Your posts sound fine until you figure out your trick. The truth is, an intelligent person would find a new trick. This one is getting exceptionally old.

    1. Restate the position you oppose, but slightly distorted.
    2. Firmly state your support for some general principle like "I support mom and apple pie" or "I love America". Falsely argue that others oppose these undeniable truths.
    3. Reiterate the red herring and your opposition to it.

    In this case, you falsely claim you don't understand that the Dems want free $#@! and call it a "war on women". It's in the $#@!ing title of the video which you apparently couldn't be bothered to read.

    I fail to understand your motivation in posting things that are not even remotely plausible or true. You yet again effectively demolished an argument nobody was making. You really need a need technique of argumentation.
    Last edited by TheTexasHammer; 04-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.

  25. #25
    asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    My Side of the Mountain
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexasHammer View Post
    Your posts sound fine until you figure out your trick. The truth is, an intelligent person would find a new trick. This one is getting exceptionally old.

    1. Restate the position you oppose, but slightly distorted.
    2. Firmly state your support for some general principle like "I support mom and apple pie" or "I love America". Falsely argue that others oppose these undeniable truths.
    3. Reiterate the red herring and your opposition to it.

    In this case, you falsely claim you don't understand that the Dems want free $#@! and call it a "war on women". It's in the $#@!ing title of the video which you apparently couldn't be bothered to read.

    I fail to understand your motivation in posting things that are not even remotely plausible or true. You yet again effectively demolished an argument nobody was making. You really need a need technique of argumentation.
    Could you please answer the question posed to you above? I believe there was $50 involved. I'd be careful admonishing those for being dishonest when you've knowingly engaged in the same just a few posts up.

  26. #26
    bunghole libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liberty, Texas
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat09 View Post
    Hammer, I will give you $50 via paypal if you can point out where Fluke demands free birth control paid for by the public treasury.
    Wildcat, nice strawman! I will give you $50 via paypal if you can point out where Hammer said that "Fluke demands free birth control paid for by the public treasury".

  27. #27
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by clear lake horn View Post
    Let's see if I follow your logic:

    Wars and guns and bombs kill women
    Killing women = sexual oppression
    Barack Obama fights wars with guns and bombs
    Barack Obama is a sexual oppressor.

    Is that what you meant to say?
    The moral calculus is more complex than that, do Republican wars save women? no they kill hundreds of thousands of them whether directly or indirectly. Not to mention their male family members, yet they pat themselves on the back.

    Obama lucked out in Libya because it was surgical. He probably saved more women but the Jury is still out.

    I bet we just photoshopped him out to make better propaganda
    Cameras rarely survive stray bombs, so no video evidence of oppression.

  28. #28
    If Republicans are waging a war on women then what are women waging on children via abortion? Because I dont see that as something peaceful or humane....

    Let's destroy this village to save it!

  29. #29
    bunghole roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? roquentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    no god, no country, no master
    Posts
    108
    i thought abortions saved the village and made it more peaceful as crime has gone down with the legalization of abortion? nothing is better than to be brought into this world by responsible parents rather than have parents who pass the buck and claim that they brought you into the world because the laws said so.
    Last edited by roquentin; 04-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  30. #30
    Banned linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux linux
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    If Republicans are waging a war on women then what are women waging on children via abortion? Because I dont see that as something peaceful or humane....

    Let's destroy this village to save it!
    I don't want to rehash the debate but, All women are alive, nobody disputes this statement, even the most fundamentalist christian admits that women are alive.

    The same cannot be said for a fetus.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by libertytxn View Post
    Wildcat, nice strawman! I will give you $50 via paypal if you can point out where Hammer said that "Fluke demands free birth control paid for by the public treasury".
    You guys keep saying that these sluts want taxpayers to pay for their free birth control. I'll make you the same offer if you can ever back up that claim. Or you can admit you're full of $#@! and distorting their argument because otherwise it sounds perfectly reasonable.

  32. #32
    asshat Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexasHammer View Post
    Your posts sound fine until you figure out your trick. The truth is, an intelligent person would find a new trick. This one is getting exceptionally old.

    1. Restate the position you oppose, but slightly distorted.
    2. Firmly state your support for some general principle like "I support mom and apple pie" or "I love America". Falsely argue that others oppose these undeniable truths.
    3. Reiterate the red herring and your opposition to it.

    In this case, you falsely claim you don't understand that the Dems want free $#@! and call it a "war on women". It's in the $#@!ing title of the video which you apparently couldn't be bothered to read.

    I fail to understand your motivation in posting things that are not even remotely plausible or true. You yet again effectively demolished an argument nobody was making. You really need a need technique of argumentation.
    Well, that doesn't really make much sense. You accuse me of this repeatedly, but I am thinking that you are the only one that sees things that way (and, ironically, when you type out these screeds, they are a mirror image of themselves -- they are what you accuse me of doing. I do appreciate good irony). You have shown a tendency to see most things through a self-fulfilling prism, so this does seem to fit your way of dealing with the world. Most of all, you seem like an angry dude. I'd suggest a drink. Scotch, neat. If that's not your thing, I hear these new sweet tea vodkas go down easy, so maybe give one of those a whirl.

    I WILL ask again, though . . . what's the $#@!ing point of comparing muslim treatment of women to the treatment of women in the US?

  33. #33
    asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Posts
    7,569
    what's the $#@!ing point of comparing muslim treatment of women to the treatment of women in the US?
    that is what i am wondering as well.

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat09 View Post
    You guys keep saying that these sluts want taxpayers to pay for their free birth control. I'll make you the same offer if you can ever back up that claim. Or you can admit you're full of $#@! and distorting their argument because otherwise it sounds perfectly reasonable.
    Look up the you tube of the dumb bitch from Bradley that I posted about... "you guys are like freedom- yeah freedom and liberty and the pursuit of happiness- yeah.. you want to know what would make me happy? FREE BIRTH CONTROL!"

    I don't have a problem with fluke or flake or whatever, but by the time the message gets down to the masses it's "gimme my free goodies".

  35. #35
    This thread is an abortion.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisketexan View Post
    Well, that doesn't really make much sense. You accuse me of this repeatedly, but I am thinking that you are the only one that sees things that way (and, ironically, when you type out these screeds, they are a mirror image of themselves -- they are what you accuse me of doing. I do appreciate good irony). You have shown a tendency to see most things through a self-fulfilling prism, so this does seem to fit your way of dealing with the world. Most of all, you seem like an angry dude. I'd suggest a drink. Scotch, neat. If that's not your thing, I hear these new sweet tea vodkas go down easy, so maybe give one of those a whirl.

    I WILL ask again, though . . . what's the $#@!ing point of comparing muslim treatment of women to the treatment of women in the US?
    How about this... the US feminists spend more time worrying about minor slights domestically (real or perceived- and I'd argue it's the latter more than the former) than they do worrying about vicious and inhumane treatment of their gender all throughout the world, and when a republican president does something to enhance or promote the lives of women that are treated abroad like $#@! it is met with crickets chirping. In the meantime, back home, we have the feminists condemning lego's for making pink lego's and marketing them to girls instead of marketing space ships or fire trucks.

    You also have non-sense where in the name of equality (and this is some time ago admittedly) women can pass firemen tests only by so weakening physical standards that they can't do $#@! like hold a fire hose or carry some dude/chick up or down a ladder.

    I'd love to be a feminist. I love my wife, my mom and my daughter. I don't want to live in a world where my daughter is demeaned or diminished or treated poorly, or held back in any way, shape or form by her gender. I also, however, feel it's absurd to act like men and women (again in general there is an exception to every rule of human behavior) are the same. There are very real gender differences hard wired into us from birth and to pretend that they don't exist, or that we are all the same is absurd. Too often, I believe, feminists confuse treating everyone like they are exactly the same with equality. This is simply not so, and makes them a laughing stock (to me at least).

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    This thread is an abortion.
    Although I might not often agree with you- this made me laugh this am. Thanks for that.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    How about this... the US feminists spend more time worrying about minor slights domestically (real or perceived- and I'd argue it's the latter more than the former) than they do worrying about vicious and inhumane treatment of their gender all throughout the world, and when a republican president does something to enhance or promote the lives of women that are treated abroad like $#@! it is met with crickets chirping. In the meantime, back home, we have the feminists condemning lego's for making pink lego's and marketing them to girls instead of marketing space ships or fire trucks.

    You also have non-sense where in the name of equality (and this is some time ago admittedly) women can pass firemen tests only by so weakening physical standards that they can't do $#@! like hold a fire hose or carry some dude/chick up or down a ladder.

    I'd love to be a feminist. I love my wife, my mom and my daughter. I don't want to live in a world where my daughter is demeaned or diminished or treated poorly, or held back in any way, shape or form by her gender. I also, however, feel it's absurd to act like men and women (again in general there is an exception to every rule of human behavior) are the same. There are very real gender differences hard wired into us from birth and to pretend that they don't exist, or that we are all the same is absurd. Too often, I believe, feminists confuse treating everyone like they are exactly the same with equality. This is simply not so, and makes them a laughing stock (to me at least).
    The answer is pretty simple. Just because it is $#@!tier elsewhere, doesn't mean it is perfect here. It is always easier to effect change at home.

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    The answer is pretty simple. Just because it is $#@!tier elsewhere, doesn't mean it is perfect here. It is always easier to effect change at home.
    I'm not arguing it's perfect here. Just as close to perfect as it's ever been, in any country in the world, throughout the entire history of the world. I feel like this perspective gets overlooked at times. I wish that instead of getting up in arms about lego colors there would be more done about the shockingly inhumane treatment of women worldwide. I've heard it said that the best indication of a societies prosperity is how it treats it's women. I don't know if this is a cause and effect thing (treat women well and society propsers- which is my guess) or an after the fact thing (only prosperous societies can afford to treat their women well), but I think there is truth to this in a lot of ways.

  40. #40
    asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rode my bike 35 miles.
    Posts
    19,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I don't have a problem with fluke or flake or whatever, but by the time the message gets down to the masses it's "gimme my free goodies".
    So therefore what? This is an excuse for running with a distorted message?

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I'm not arguing it's perfect here. Just as close to perfect as it's ever been, in any country in the world, throughout the entire history of the world. I feel like this perspective gets overlooked at times. I wish that instead of getting up in arms about lego colors there would be more done about the shockingly inhumane treatment of women worldwide. I've heard it said that the best indication of a societies prosperity is how it treats it's women. I don't know if this is a cause and effect thing (treat women well and society propsers- which is my guess) or an after the fact thing (only prosperous societies can afford to treat their women well), but I think there is truth to this in a lot of ways.
    Muslim nations treat women exceptionally bad. Even compared to historic societies. There is no argument there.

    The issue is that there is a "shut up and like it because it is worse somewhere else" mentality that is pervasive lately in the conservative ranks, and not just on this matter. Would you tell a child to just accept a spanking that causes deep bruising because some other child got brain damage and a broken arm?

    This could have been a discussion about what could be done for women in Muslim nations. The OP instead chose to attack women who have tried to better their lives here. There is no longer serious discourse on the Cloak Room. Perhaps there never was.

  42. #42
    asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    I don't want to rehash the debate but, All women are alive, nobody disputes this statement, even the most fundamentalist christian admits that women are alive.

    The same cannot be said for a fetus.
    Wow, just wow. We would scour the cosmos for a stray bacteria that would prove life exists on other planets, but you postulate that a living organism inside a womans' body isn't alive? When is it alive? after it leaves the vagina ? but certainly not before a doctor jambs a surgical tool into it's brain before its head exits the vagina ???

  43. #43
    asshat Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    15,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I'm not arguing it's perfect here. Just as close to perfect as it's ever been, in any country in the world, throughout the entire history of the world. I feel like this perspective gets overlooked at times. I wish that instead of getting up in arms about lego colors there would be more done about the shockingly inhumane treatment of women worldwide. I've heard it said that the best indication of a societies prosperity is how it treats it's women. I don't know if this is a cause and effect thing (treat women well and society propsers- which is my guess) or an after the fact thing (only prosperous societies can afford to treat their women well), but I think there is truth to this in a lot of ways.
    I will agree with you that the fringe feminists -- the kind who get pissed about pink legos and $#@! -- are idiots, and are arguing about meaningless $#@!. So, let's take them out of the equation.

    You DO realize there's other stuff going on with women these days, right? You know, like mandatory sonograms and such? The fact that there are twits out there bitching about legos doesn't have anything to do with the other, real issues facing women in the US.

    And, so they have it "better" than it's been for most of history. Really? So that's it? So long as a person, gender, race, whatever, has it "better" than it was before, then they should sit down and shut up and be happy with what we've allowed them to have?

    Again, the social conservatives insist and argue that they aren't hostile to women, their choices, their rights, their privacy, etc. But their actions speak differently, and women are hearing that. The women who are turning against that movement in droves are generally NOT the kind who give a $#@! about legos and such. They are the women you know and work with, socialize with, etc. And you can argue about what's really going on -- but they're not buying it. Perception is reality. If the social conservatives want to end up losing a sizeable portion of the women's vote, they're right on track. And either a $#@!LOAD of women are just plain stupid and don't get it, or maybe -- just MAYBE -- the social conservatives don't get it.

  44. #44
    asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rode my bike 35 miles.
    Posts
    19,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    How about this... the US feminists spend more time worrying about minor slights domestically (real or perceived- and I'd argue it's the latter more than the former) than they do worrying about vicious and inhumane treatment of their gender all throughout the world, and when a republican president does something to enhance or promote the lives of women that are treated abroad like $#@! it is met with crickets chirping.
    How about this...how about you and the OP not making ridiculous comparisons and oversimplifications and generalizations (what Republican president enhanced the lives of women abroad?).

    Saying any American policy in recent years has enhanced the lives of women in the middle east is like saying the Missouri Compromise enhanced the lives of slaves in the deep South.

    And don't accuse feminists of confusing stuff after the confusing crap on this thread.

  45. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    So therefore what? This is an excuse for running with a distorted message?
    No, I don't know that the message is distorded. Is Fluke the only person that speaks on the birth control debate? There is a wide spectrum out there, from ban the ability to take birth control at all on the fringe of the right to $#@! you, pay for my birth control in it's entirety on the kooky left. I think there are more people on the left extreme than the right extreme, but the right extreme is villified more for whatever reason.

    Watch clips from Mitt's Illinois Q&A that I referenced. Lots of cheers. For many this is a war for free birth control. I'm not saying that's what Fluke wants. I'm saying that's what a lot of people in her camp expect/want though.

  46. #46
    asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rode my bike 35 miles.
    Posts
    19,269
    All that being said, I think our policy in the middle east should virtually ONLY be about women's rights and freedom. We should get the hell out of there, other than CIA and spies and a few quick strike capablities, and sanction those sons of bitches for their medieval bull$#@! attitude regarding women.

    I have my little car, so they can raise the price of oil if they want, and stop sending us chick peas or whatever the hell they grow over there.

  47. #47
    asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rode my bike 35 miles.
    Posts
    19,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulaw Horn View Post
    I think there are more people on the left extreme than the right extreme, but the right extreme is villified more for whatever reason.
    Okay, the poor right. Your thoughts are noted.

    Back before Reagan was elected, the Right wasn't a bunch of pussies.

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by FondrenRoad View Post
    The issue is that there is a "shut up and like it because it is worse somewhere else" mentality that is pervasive lately in the conservative ranks, and not just on this matter. Would you tell a child to just accept a spanking that causes deep bruising because some other child got brain damage and a broken arm?
    I'm saying your analogy is flawed. I think it's closer to telling a kid, shut up about your brother getting 2 scoops of ice cream while you got 1. There are kids starving in the homeless shelter down the street.

    But, like I said, I have a daughter and I don't want her to be diminished in any way. She's the best thing I've ever done with my life. I want fair treatment for her in every way, shape and form. But fair does not always equate to perfectly equal. I don't want her being a fire man if she's not strong enough to carry a normal human body up and down a ladder. I don't think it makes sense to ignore the fact that there are actual differences in the gender's, especially physically.

  49. #49
    Women have access to BC, can have abortions pretty much up to their due date, can file for divorce, leave their husband, can run for elective office, can vote, go to college, get great jobs, be with another woman....I'm failing to see where this war is being waged against women in any way...

    Whole thing is a canard...

  50. #50
    asshat Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan GORN Brisketexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    15,826
    be with another woman
    go on . . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home .. Advertise .. ShaggyShop .. PanchoChat
Football .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA
Bada Bing .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Classics .. Bellmont