+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World's 50 Best Restaurants 2012

asshat UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast's Avatar

World's 50 Best Restaurants 2012

Funny, I don't see Franklin?

http://www.theworlds50best.com/

50. Nahm, Bangkok
    49. Geranium, Copenhagen
    48. Manresa, California
    47. Bras, France
    46. Il Canto, Italy
    45. Villa Joya, Portugal
    44. Amber, China
    43. The French Laundry, California
    42. Hof Van Cleve, Amsterdam
    41. Mathias Dahlgren, Sweden
    40. Quique Dacosta, Spain
    39. Waku Ghin, Singapore
    38. Biko, Mexico
    37. Momofuku Ssam Bar, New York
    36. Pujol, Mexico
    35. Astrid Y Gaston, Peru
    34. Faviken, Sweden
    33. De Librije, Netherlands
    32. Le Calandre, Italy
    31. Asador Etxebarri, Spain
    30. Schloss Schauenstein, Switzerland
    29. Quay, Sydney, Australia
    28. Nihonryori RyuGin, Japan
    27. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
    26. Iggy's, Singapore: Best Restaurant In Asia
    25. Daniel, New York
    24. Mirazur, France
    23.Vendome, Germany
    22. Aqua, Germany
    21. Oud Sluis, Netherlands
    20. Frantzén/Lindeberg, Sweden
    19. Le Bernardin, New York, New York
    18. L'Astrance, France
    17. Pierre Gagnaire, France
    16. L'Arpege, France
    15. Le Chateaubriand, France
    14. The Ledbury, United Kingdom: Highest Climber
    13. The Fat Duck, United Kingdom
    12. L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon, France
    11. Steirereck, Austria
    10. Eleven Madison Park, New York, US
    9. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London, UK
    8. Arzak, San Sebastián, Spain
    7. Alinea, Chicago, US
    6. Per Se, New York, US
    5. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
    4. D.O.M., São Paulo, Brazil
    3. Mugaritz, San Sebastián, Spain
    2. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
    1. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark

asshat UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. UTmilktoast's Avatar
    Ate at #37 on the list about a year ago. One of the hardest reservations to get in NYC. You have to be online at 10am and there is a limited amount of spots each night (12 I think). We ended up having a 12 course meal each paired with a beer or wine. All of the seats are at the bar and you get to interact with the chefs and they explain to you why they chose certain ingredients, etc. Great experience and worth every penny.

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTmilktoast View Post
    Great experience and worth every penny.
    How many pennies are we talking about?

bunghole Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch slams and goes hard. Mack City Bitch's Avatar
    All Michelin 3 stars?

asshat HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack City Bitch View Post
    All Michelin 3 stars?
    Nope.

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack City Bitch View Post
    All Michelin 3 stars?
    #1 is a 2 star

Jerkass next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore.
    I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post
    How many pennies are we talking about?
    it's not bad, e.g. Pork Dinner for six folks is $200, then you add on booze and other items.

Where the $#@! is Applebees on that list....there's at least 500 of them...

asshat Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper is a rep whore. Mack Tripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTmilktoast View Post
    Ate at #37 on the list about a year ago. One of the hardest reservations to get in NYC. You have to be online at 10am and there is a limited amount of spots each night (12 I think). We ended up having a 12 course meal each paired with a beer or wine. All of the seats are at the bar and you get to interact with the chefs and they explain to you why they chose certain ingredients, etc. Great experience and worth every penny.

Actually, you are talking about Momofuku Ko. #37 is Momofuku Ssam Bar, which is not hard at all to get into. Depending on the time of day, you can stroll right in and get a seat. And it is probably among the cheapest places on this list.

those pork buns at momfuku are awesome

#15 is fantastic and relatively cheap. It was either 30 or 35 euro plus 15 for the wine pairing.

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    They put a Mexican restaurant on that list. LOL.

asshat Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw is a rep whore. Jack Straw's Avatar
    i've been to all of those places

asshat HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames Shaggy Gold Club HenryJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtchorn View Post
    #15 is fantastic and relatively cheap. It was either 30 or 35 euro plus 15 for the wine pairing.
    I thought it was interesting and creative, but it wasn't the best meal we had in Paris.

asshat thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. thewacokid's Avatar
    The exclusion of Franklin proves this is the work of Philistines.

Fun Fact: UT national champion swimmer and olympic gold medalist Garret Weber-Gale spent a summer interning at Noma.

No Baris. No care.

I am heading to #9 and #14 on the list in September.

asshat dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex slams and goes hard. dfwtexex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack Tripper View Post
    Actually, you are talking about Momofuku Ko. #37 is Momofuku Ssam Bar, which is not hard at all to get into. Depending on the time of day, you can stroll right in and get a seat. And it is probably among the cheapest places on this list.
    Had lunch at Ssam a couple of weeks ago. Extraordinary. No problem getting in. Ate a bit of everything, which included, interestingly enough, a plate of Kentucky ham, sliced like prosciutto -- along with the famous duck lunch. 2 people ordering a a bunch, bottle of wine, just north of $100. 100% worth it. Ready to go back next time in NYC.

Jerkass next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore. next2naus is a rep whore.
    37, 25, 19, 10 and done #12 in Las Vegas

bunghole Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard. Horn21 slams and goes hard.
    n2n,

I'll be in NYC in about 10 days and we're trying to make final decisions on where to eat. My wife has reservations for Eleven Madison Park & NoMad. We're trying to decide which one to keep. Do you think EMP is worth the extra pricetag? They both look amazing, but the tasting menu x2 plus wine at EMP will certainly put us over half of our typical monthly food spending in a single meal. Sounds crazy.

bunghole Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock slams and goes hard. Party Rock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stregahorn View Post
    i am heading to #9 and #14 on the list in september.
    PLEASE TELL US MORE

capsloko1234

Quote Originally Posted by Horn21 View Post
    n2n,

I'll be in NYC in about 10 days and we're trying to make final decisions on where to eat. My wife has reservations for Eleven Madison Park & NoMad. We're trying to decide which one to keep. Do you think EMP is worth the extra pricetag? They both look amazing, but the tasting menu x2 plus wine at EMP will certainly put us over half of our typical monthly food spending in a single meal. Sounds crazy.
    I don't know that you need to do the tasting menu, it's a lot of food and the regular menu kills. EMP is more subdues than the NoMad. I did the NoMad when it forst opened and now they have a roof deck. it's cool and has a happening bar scene. it's also right next to No7 Sub and the Ace Hotel which houses the Breslin.

so if you want kick ass food/service in a more romantic spot, leans toward fine dinning.....go EMP

if you want fun meal, kick ass food from the old team at EMP with a hot bar scene and good neighbors...go NoMad. (disclaimer: given that it's summer I cannot vouch for the weekend scene at any place. it's beach season)

Banned optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen optimusprime is a Model Citizen
    Had the tasting menu at EMP recently and didn't understand the hype. Bill for 2 people was over $700. I don't remember much about the food other than it being weird and in my opinion not at all worth the money.

edit - I should mention we got a jar of granola at the end of the meal. Best granola I've ever had, but still not worth the $. If you go I hope you have a much better experience than I did.
    Last edited by optimusprime; 08-01-2012 at 06:43 PM.

asshat TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser's Avatar
    Funny how Spanish restaurants and those influenced by Spanish cuisine keep showing up on these lists and my wife keeps insisting that their entire food scene is comprised of aioli and jamon iberico. I took her to some of the best restaurants that place had to offer for 10 days and all she remembers is one $#@!ty tapas bar we stopped in while drunk. WTF? Every time I sing the praises of Espana to her family or friends, she immediately chimes in with "aioli and jamon." I gotta show her this list. And then watch her defend Subway.

+ Reply to Thread