+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mavs 2012 Offseason Thread of Doom or Destiny

asshat DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear's Avatar

Official Mavs 2012 Offseason Thread of Doom or Destiny

Quite frankly, I'm didn't want to win the title. I didn't know what to do w/ myself when the Mavs did win it. I want to get back to the good ole' days, 10 years ago, when Dallas would get run out of the playoffs with some god awful defensive effort, only to make some damn fool signing or another ( hey, it's Antoine Walker! It's Eric Dampier! It's Raef LaFrentz! 700 million dollars to an over the hill Finley? Yes Please! Personally, I'm excited . . . since the Mavs made it clear they were throwing away this season for cap flexibility in this 2012 -2014, I've been more interested in potential Mavs' moves than in the actual season.

Anyways, its time to get back to the days when the Mavs could claim July offseason titles. Let's get this bad boy started w/ the Mavs current outlays and projections:

Last edited by DFWBear; 05-06-2012 at 02:04 AM.

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar
    $#@! you.

asshat DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear is a rep whore. DFWBear's Avatar
    First, the amnesty clause is viable for one player during the entire length of the CBA, a 10 year agreement. Given that fact, it isn't likely that Dallas will elect to use the amnesty clause on Haywood at this time for a couple of reasons:

1.) Who exactly is a better center next season for the Mavs? With so much cap room, they won't be needing all of it for this offseason.
    2.) It makes the possible burden of acquiring a massive contract much more palatable, since the Mavs can simply wipe it out.

8.3 million for a center isn't terrible if its Kendrick Perkins or Roy Hibbert. 8.3 million for a backup is awful.

Second, while Odom is getting waived, I wouldn't be surprised if Carter is retained. Yeah, he's over the hill and kind of sucks now, but having a combo 2 / 3 backup to play 15 minutes a night is a nice bonus for 3 million a year.

Most likely, the Mavs remaining players on July 1 are Dirk, Trix, Haywood, Roddy, Dojo, and Brendan Wright.

asshat Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey's Avatar
    I want to win the title every single year as I do for every team I root for.

And I still don't think they threw this season away. With the signing of Odom, it was clear Cuban was making a run for this season and giving flexibility for the future by not resigning Tyson and JJ. Plus West and Carter contributed way more than what expectations were for them.

If Odom played like he did in LA, this team would have been right in the mix for the West no doubt.

I believe this was Kidd's last season. He's just way too old now. He can't keep up anymore. Dunno about Terry. He already made it clear he wanted to go somewhere else, saying Miami. Don't know if that was a heat of the moment but I would not count on him being here anymore.

So who will be running point? Roddy B isn't really a true PG at all and he can barely stay healthy as is. Seems like he is becoming a lost cause.

Note to self: I suck at making funny sarcastic comments at 2 in the morning when I've been drinking. Come to think of it, I just suck period.

Terry is gone. As I wrote in the season thread, Terry's numbers have been on a predictable decline since 2007 w/ the glaring exception of last spring. This season the wheels fell off the JET from an athleticism perspective; his defense, never good, was terrible, and he last the ability to get to the rim unless Broadway is wide open. His athleticism is just gone. Some stupid team will offer him 3 years 24 million, and the Mavs would be stupid to try and match that.

To me, Roddy is Terry lite. When JET was young, he had the same speed as Roddy. Both are undersized combo guards that have point guard handles, but not point guard vision. IMO, Roddy has a future ( if he can stay healthy ) w/ the Mavs as that first off the bench offensive guy.

Agreed, Kidd is gone unless he wants to resign for the league minimum as a backup only.

asshat Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Yeah for that money, no way. I would not be opposed to say a 1 year deal but with his comments, no way he takes that and I don't blame him. He is at the end of his career and he wants one last contract before he retires. He just makes too many boneheaded plays out there. And for the most part last playoffs he was not that good.

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    That Haywood money makes me all kinds of ragey. Can they amnesty the remainder? I would like to see Jet come back but he's not going to take a low ball offer. I would say exercising the option on Vince Carter would be a decent idea. The guy still has something and he's pretty cheap. I like Kidd but Dallas needs to move on and get the PG of the future.

It's going to be a very, very interesting offseason. I would love to be rid of Haywood, but as the OP pointed out, what else will be out there for us? All I know is Haywood/Mahimni/Wright is not going to get it done at the 5, though I'm glad we can keep Wright cheaply for another year. If we can bring in D-Will, I'd like to see us sign Kidd to a one year deal to back him up, if he still intends to play as he's said. I'd also like to see Delonte West back if we can do so economically; I can't see him commanding big money as a free agent.

Independent of all the financial stuff it would be fitting for JET to finish his career w/ Dallas, but with his contract up it's time to part ways. I'll always be grateful for his enthusiasm and clutch fourth quarters, but won't miss the aforementioned boneheaded plays. Marion, even at his age, is still probably our best trade chip (along with Roddy), but he's so far and away our best wing defender that I can't see us letting go of him without significant defensive upgrades across the board. Marion isn't getting any younger, either. I suppose I'm alright with picking up Carter's last two years, but he is such a black hole offensively and, as he has been for years now, ridiculously streaky.

The absolute number one priority (apart from reeling in Williams) which no one is talking about, is re-signing Rick Carlisle.

asshat Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac's Avatar
    Rick has made it very clear he wants to stay here and Mark and Donny have also made it clear they want him back. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign a multi year contract. To me, if they don't get Williams the off season is a bust. I don't want Dwight Howard and don't see any other FA's that are worth what we'll throw at Williams.

Rick is coming back. Go ahead and phone it in.

At this point, the only way I would be concerned about not getting Williams is if Brooklyn lands the unibrow in the lottery. Short of that, I think he's coming.

The more interesting discussion is what's next? Do you try and put together a team to compete next season? Do you keep your cap space open for a run at Howard next summer? If the Mavs were able to land both Williams and Howard ( honestly, figure 10% chance ), they would only have one season w/ three borderline max guys before Dirk's contract expires, leaving them plenty of room to surround those two guys w/ pieces ( including Dirk ).

This is my (watch and follow basketball but not a genius about it) opinion. After the way things went this year between Howard and the Magic I don't see him going in to Free Agency. They both played chicken all year and when it came down to it I'd say the Magic won that game even though he wound up hurt. No way the team allows that to happen again. He either gets a long term deal with them done or he is traded.

As far as the Mavs go I agree with Bear. So long as Unibrow doesn't land in Brooklyn I'd say our best option this year is going to be DWill. DWill and Dirk would be pretty salty but we'd still be lacking in the paint.

Dwight Howard has no balls and is petrified of abandoning Orlando and being hated like Lebron. Him being guilted into signing a one year extension was hilarious. Will probably be traded but we have nothing to offer.

Deron Williams or going to be a long road ahead.

Honestly don't even see many must have role players in this years FA crop outside of one or two of the SGs.

asshat NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore.
    Kidd isn't done. He's said more than once that he would be happy being a backup for us next year if we are able to get DWill.

I would be 100% good with DWill and Kidd backing him up.

This is from yesterday...

"As would befit a 39-year-old point guard who just finished posting 16 points, a game-best eight assists and seven rebounds in a key playoff game, Jason Kidd isn't ready to hang up his sneakers. "I'll land somewhere early, I would think,'' Kidd said regarding his upcoming free agency. He's heard everything from going home to Oakland to play with Golden State to backing up Deron Williams -- wherever it is that Williams ends up playing. That seems likely to be either in Brooklyn with the Nets or in Dallas with the Mavericks. Kidd said he essentially will try to help recruit Williams as a free agent this summer. He could envision himself next season as Williams' backup. "That works,'' he said."
    Last edited by NEwherebutA&M; 05-07-2012 at 08:31 AM.

asshat NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore. NEwherebutA&M is a rep whore.
    FYI, most mock drafts I've seen so far have the Mavs taking Terrence Ross from UW.

- Bring back Kidd for veteran minimum. Pick up option on Wright (and force Carlisle to play him). Re-sign Mahimni for league minimum.
    - Trade Marion for cap space. Preferably without giving up the 17th overall pick.
    - Amnesty Haywood.

Now we're down to about $27 Million with around $31 Million in cap space.

- Sign Deron Williams to 4 year max contract.
    - Sign Chris Kaman to 4 year, $28 Million contract.
    OR
    - Sign Spencer Hawes to 4 year, $32 Million contract.
    - See if Ray Allen will take $4 Million contract to win a title. He's 35.
    - Sign Gerald Green. Or maybe Grant Hill would sign for vet minimum. Or DeShawn Stevenson

Draft Terrence Jones out of Kentucky.

Kaman or Hawes/Mahimni
    Dirk/Wright
    Green/Jones
    Allen/Beaubois
    Williams/Kidd

Mavs get younger but not too young. Jones, Beaubois, and Green would give Williams some guys to play with down the road. Meanwhile Dirk, Deron, Kaman and Allen give us another 2 year window to win a title.

I think this might actually be a couple million over the cap. Mavs would probably have to trade the 17th overall pick.

Really I think the offseason comes down to whether or not we can get Deron Williams and whether or not we can convince one of the aging vets to sign here on the cheap.
    Last edited by fellside; 05-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.

DERPTY DERP DERRP ACK!! MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    shall I post the wurgen + choking sign? It worked last season, but Dirk didn't choke, so it's not appropriate this time.

well $#@!. $#@! it then. All I can say is Mavs better pull some $#@! outta the hat and make sure they get back to the finals again and get that wacky German another ring.

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fellside View Post
    Re-sign Mahimni for league minimum.
    Not a chance in hell.

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    So if we want Spencer Hawes we should root for a Bulls comeback? His price and feeling about staying with his team will only go up if Philly advances, correct?

asshat RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    Not a chance in hell.
    Agree. I think Mahimni has proven he is worth more than the league minimum. I wish we could wait and see how he does for his national team during the Olympics (I am assuming he is playing). I want to know what he could do with more playing time. Unfortunately free agency starts before the Olympics. I would be fine giving him a 1-2 year deal in the 2.5 mil a year range.

asshat Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback's Avatar
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

Well, at least Greg Oden is a free agent.

Wish we could get our hands on Hibbert. I really like him.
    Last edited by Thaboysareback; 05-07-2012 at 03:07 PM.

What happens if Deron Williams re-signs with Brooklyn? Go after Dragic even if he's a RFA?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    What happens if Deron Williams re-signs with Brooklyn? Go after Dragic even if he's a RFA?
    Panic? I'd say go for Steve Nash. If not Dragic is probably the best option out there, apart from those two.

Eric Gordon

Wouldn't mind Omer Asik for depth

Yeah I vote for Gordon if no Williams.

asshat Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac grows his own roses Mountaineer Maniac's Avatar
    Looks like Haywood sees the writing on the wall:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...d-if-amnestied

Can someone explain in short form what "amnestied" means? I am shocked that Haywood makes that kind of dough.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Just made it back to the basketball thread. Original OP almost made me rage.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete's Mustache View Post
    Can someone explain in short form what "amnestied" means? I am shocked that Haywood makes that kind of dough.
    Great link: https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/cbafaq/salarycap.htm

Amnesty: https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/cbafaq/salarycap.htm#Q67

Amnesty is a one-time opportunity for teams to release one player via the waiver process (see question number 63) and remove him from their team salary and luxury tax computations.

asshat dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme slams and goes hard. dontlookatme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    Just made it back to the basketball thread. Original OP almost made me rage.
    yeah me too. $#@! that guy.

look, more aggy

Thread: Official Mavs 2012... (VY_myHero)
    As it should, F that guy!!!!! Mavs r awesome!!!

If no D-Will, Dragic has to be the next target. Not Eric Gordon or Nash.

asshat Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Thaboysareback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer Maniac View Post
    Looks like Haywood sees the writing on the wall:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...d-if-amnestied
    Well, at least he knows his ass isn't worth 8.27 million.

I've seen the idea of trading Marion to free up space. It is really hard for me to see that as a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I've seen the idea of trading Marion to free up space. It is really hard for me to see that as a good move.
    We need Shawn. He was worth every penny last year. Top rebounder on the team, too.

Plus, even though he is somewhat limited offensively, he was our most consistent player for the year. His cap number is a big high under the new CBA (he was a freaking bargin under the old one I think), he is still a very serviceable asset.

asshat Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kevin O'Shea's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever paid as much as attention to an NBA draft for Mavericks purposes in 10 years. I usually watch the top prospects and assume the Mavs will draft a Euro late in the 1st. The times they are a changin. One draft I saw had us taking Austin Rivers, which I would love but don't think he'll fall to 17

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Shea View Post
    I don't think I've ever paid as much as attention to an NBA draft for Mavericks purposes in 10 years. I usually watch the top prospects and assume the Mavs will draft a Euro late in the 1st. The times they are a changin. One draft I saw had us taking Austin Rivers, which I would love but don't think he'll fall to 17
    I could see him falling right outside of the lottery if he has poor pre draft workouts. As great as he was he was also terribly inconsistent during other points of the season. Every draft has that one guy who falls outside the lottery for whatever reason and ends up being a big steal. I have a feeling Rivers might fit the mold for this years class. I'd be shocked if he fell further then 17 or 18 though.

Spencer Hawes just stole the ball in the paint, took a fast dribble, beat the Boston guards down the floor, made a nice move in traffic and then laid it up. Made me want. Don't think I've ever seen a Mav center make a fast break dribble and lay up in my life.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing watching that. Then he makes a tough baseline jumper a possession later.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    Clips won a game 7 on the road after being up 3-1. Last team to do that?

^^^ One of my favorite videos and games of all time. Still remember where I was exactly when that game happened.

What a great game

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    yeah me too. $#@! that guy.
    my work here is done

Eric Gordon is a pass to me. He's good enough to be the second best player on a title team, but not the best. Undersized two guards that rely on athleticism and not skill make me very, very nervous. There is just no way Dallas could land him for a reputable price. His shooting is vastly overrated as well, though he's a pretty good defender.

I would cream myself if we could get Omar for less than 3 million a year. Calling him offensively limited is an understatement, but he's an outstanding defensive player, on the order of Chandler. He'd be an outrageously qualified backup.

I just looked and realized Omar was a restricted free agent. Even if the Mavs offered the mid-level ( doubtful ), the Bulls would "probably" match it. He's not going anywhere this summer.

asshat RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson is a rep whore. RexWilson's Avatar
    As expected Rick is staying put

The lone championship coach in the Dallas Mavericks' 32-year history isn't going anywhere. Rick Carlisle has agreed to a new contract that will keep him in charge for a fifth season and beyond.

"We are excited that Rick will be back with the Mavericks for at least the next four years," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said in a statement. "He is a proven winner, a great teacher and a coach that will help the Mavericks improve as a team and as an organization."

Carlisle's current four-year contract was set to expire at the end of June. He guided the Mavs to the 2011 NBA championship, defeating the Miami Heat in his third season with the team.

Carlisle is 198-114 with Dallas. The Mavs are coming off a 36-30 record and a first-round sweep at the hands of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Great $#@!ing news.

asshat The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. The Smoke Monster's Avatar
    Solid. Go Mavs!

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    No-brainer. Very good to hear.

+ Reply to Thread