+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why PBO's second term will be a disaster

asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar

Why PBO's second term will be a disaster

Fred Barnes has a great article that discusses a lot of the behind the scenes style Obama employs in dealing with Republicans.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...st_644415.html

It's a conservative website, so take it with a grain of salt. The article discusses his relationship with Pubs, which in short is terrible.

What I'd like to add to his thoughts is his relationship with Dems. Recently in the House, Obama's budget failed 414-0. Before that, his budget was rejected unanimously by the Senate 97-0. Dems are against him on the Keystone pipeline. Dems are against most of his proposed tax increases. They are dying for Obamacare to get overturned due to its wicked unpopularity. I have no doubt that Obama blames his own failures on Reed and Pelosi, and that they hate him back.

He plans to bankrupt the country. His ongoing lies on the subject, and the fact that so many people fall for the lies, it doesn't change anything. Add the fact that he's told Putin he'll have more room after the election. Add his general approach of demonizing the judiciary and the legislative process generally. Witness his EPA carbon tax power grab. He is precipitating disaster. On purpose.

The second term will bring the hateful, demonizing Obama on steroids. He'll be unable to get anything through Congress, but that's OK cause he'll just use his executive power. There are literally NO legislative objectives he can accomplish. He's burned his bridges.

I don't mean this as an attack. It's exactly what I would do if, to take one example, I thought the world would die if we didn't get rid of carbon based economy. He's a true liberal. He will merely act on his most basic principles. The problem is that it's these exact principles that are destroying the country. And when I say destroying the country, I mean through deliberate bankruptcy. We are not going bankrupt because of the S&P downgrade, as Obama suggested, but rather the S&P occurred because we are going bankrupt.

I only wish Republicans cared about spending before the 1/2 black guy got elected...... sigh.......

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Serious question. Why did his budgets go down unanimously? I mean, in this partisan day and age, surely the Dems realize that it looks bad for their parties president to be so rebuked. Even if it's the worst budget proposal ever, you're going to have token party votes. Is there more to this story?

asshat TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer Shaggy Gold Club TheTexasHammer's Avatar
    Please make a note. I never said "So you have to elect Romney". Nor did I say "$#@! will be better if you elect Romney". I am on the record as stating that Romney will merely be kinder with the lubrication usage. Romney will delay bankruptcy by approximately six and one half minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TedStriker View Post
    I only wish Republicans cared about spending before the 1/2 black guy got elected...... sigh.......
    Agreed...and the R's and conservatives on this board were against that $#@!...

Littlemanpeoplesproblems...

But what's funny is the Dems who complained about the fiscal irresponsibility of Bush are saying nothing about the spending of BHO...you know, the one who campaigned on fiscal responsibility.
    Last edited by FCHorn; 05-14-2012 at 10:13 PM.

asshat ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. ndawg can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Honest question. How would you guys describe PBO's motivation behind wanting to bankrupt the country? My only explanation for the spending habits of our government over the last decade is that something stinks, badly, behind the scenes.

I don't think our government is driven by the ideologies that we're told to choose from.

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    But what's funny is the Dems who complained about the fiscal irresponsibility of Bush are saying nothing about the spending of BHO...you know, the one who campaigned on fiscal responsibility.
    Sounds like complete bull$#@!, but I am sure you can link us to those particular dems who are "saying nothing". An interesting power of omnipotent power of perception you have.

Although it is pretty obvious that the issue isn't fiscal irresponsiblity in general -- it is the general approach to fiscal irresponsibility which seems to be different in the two parties. One spends and doesn't tax enough and one taxes and doesn't cut enough.
    Last edited by tantric superman; 05-14-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tantric superman View Post
    Sounds like complete bull$#@!, but I am sure you can link us to those particular dems who are "saying nothing". An interesting power of omnipotent power of perception you have.
    I think the Congressional Dems, behind the scenes, know perfectly well. Just as Obama does. It's just that their ideology is opposed to reality.

Here's $#@! Lugar's most recent attack ad:

$#@! Lugar was a Republican for God's sake.

The Dems/Pubs will defend the status quo as if their life depends on it. But accounting is not "my opinion", it is reality. You cannot spend to oblivia. The bill comes due.

An interesting power of omnipotent power of perception you have..
    Thank you!

asshat tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman Shaggy Gold Club tantric superman's Avatar
    "The same ______ who said _________ now say _________" is the most tired bull$#@! argument there is.

Just like on the recent thread about the Congressman from Ennis. If you have the name of a Republican who can't quote scripture, name him. Don't make the broad, "Republicans are full of $#@! when it comes to the bible" lazy assed nonsensical argument, which only shows your own ignorance and lazy approach to the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexasHammer View Post
    I think the Congressional Dems, behind the scenes, know perfectly well. Just as Obama does. It's just that their ideology is opposed to reality.

Here's $#@! Lugar's most recent attack ad:

$#@! Lugar was a Republican for God's sake.

The Dems/Pubs will defend the status quo as if their life depends on it. But accounting is not "my opinion", it is reality. You cannot spend to oblivia. The bill comes due.
    You quote a $#@! Lugar add to show that particular dems are "saying nothing" about Obama's lack of fiscal responsibility?

You quote a $#@! Lugar add to show that particular dems are "saying nothing" about Obama's lack of fiscal responsibility?
    Yes. Neither party is accountable. I think the Dems are worse, they want big government as a matter of principle, but Pubs are no better.

That's just how bad it is. Nobody takes responsibility.
    Last edited by TheTexasHammer; 05-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.

asshat DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    We're $#@!ed, regardless....but keep telling partisan selves differently.

"The same ______ who said _________ now say _________" is the most tired bull$#@! argument there is.
    Serendipitous that you would be the author of such a post...

+ Reply to Thread