+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dodds

Dodds

1. The "interregnum" of Texas football pretty much began on his watch (AD since 81)

2. He wanted Gary Barnett, not Mack Brown.

3. He stumbled onto LHN money; he planned to lose money on the deal.

4. He was Mack's boss while Mack was getting disgustingly complacent.

5. Running his mouth more these days. See comments on playoffs and FSU.

Is he great, good, lucky, senile, losing it, combination? We kick ass as a sports (football, revenue) university, but is it because of or despite DD?

asshat Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine's Avatar
    First!

asshat randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles's Avatar
    He's really good at getting stuff done; not always the best at deciding what the best thing to do actually is. That "LBJ" formula makes for a pretty good AD, better than most alternatives.
    Last edited by randomscribbles; 05-15-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Better than most AD's....grass is greener, cow that died gave twice the milk...blah blah blah...be happy with an overall clean consistent ship...

Could be a lot worse...

Mack deserves about 90% of the credit for where Texas football is right now, good and bad.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt Shaggy Gold Club tx 3 putt's Avatar
    6. hired plonsky. who has driven every sport under his office into the ground
    Last edited by tx 3 putt; 05-15-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Depending on how realignment goes down is how Dodds will most likely be remembered. Either as a hero who brought in a $#@! ton of money and helped restructure the Big12 into the Big14-16 or as a goat who talked up all sorts of interesting ideas (UT to Pac, B1G, ACC, Indy with ND, devised the idea of 16 team conferences) and energized the fan base only to shoot it down.

He had remarkable skills in bringing people together and creating a financial monster but his ability to select coaches is terrible.

Regardless of what happens over the summer, I hope this is his last year, the athletics department needs some fresh ideas and someone committed to using our resources to elevate our success on the field.

He did give us quotes like we are the jones, and we may not have started it, but we'll finish it. If nothing else he has added to our badass persona. Financially its pretty clear that he has been amazing, he has also put good products on the field since the late 90s. Most of all he has run a clean program, it's no coincidence that our worst period in football coincided with our region's biggest period of cheating.

asshat maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack's Avatar
    Based on his recent playoff recommendation I'm having trouble not believing the guy is senile. That was ridiculously dumb. He does know how to make the media his bitch. He's good at that.

asshat mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2 Shaggy Gold Club mez2's Avatar
    showin' naked ass in the great state of Texas
    the titans win in spite of deloss dodds?

Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    Better than most AD's....grass is greener, cow that died gave twice the milk...blah blah blah...be happy with an overall clean consistent ship...

Could be a lot worse...
    Agree with this for the most part. He was varying degrees of a mess for close to the first 20 years of his tenure. The last ten to twelve have been very good to him.

Depending on how realignment goes down is how Dodds will most likely be remembered. Either as a hero who brought in a $#@! ton of money and helped restructure the Big12 into the Big14-16 or as a goat who talked up all sorts of interesting ideas (UT to Pac, B1G, ACC, Indy with ND, devised the idea of 16 team conferences) and energized the fan base only to shoot it down.
    I also think this may be right, which is why it's so confusing that he's playing conference expansion obstructionist at this point....at least publicly....

asshat Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad's Avatar
    I dont get all the hate for DD. Texas athletics has been as good as its ever been under Dodds. Am I wrong?

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepygrad View Post
    I dont get all the hate for DD. Texas athletics has been as good as its ever been under Dodds. Am I wrong?
    same here. it could be much worse. when i would e-mail him about a concern, i always got a reply back.

bunghole Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard. Woolie slams and goes hard.
    No, you're right. The thought is that perhaps his better days, like mine, are behind him.

bunghole the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? the chronic's Avatar
    well he got me the longhorn network.

wait, no, actually i don't get that. and now i don't get a couple games a year because of it. oh yeah and 4 teams left our conference and we're perceived as the $#@!s of college football.

asshat Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic's Avatar
    Yes. Did you not read the others posts in this thread? he fell ass-backwards into having Mack named head coach. without Mack, Deloss is long since put out to pasture.

asshat Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blank might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Maybe he can name Luck the AD in Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Agree with this for the most part. He was varying degrees of a mess for close to the first 20 years of his tenure. The last ten to twelve have been very good to him.

I also think this may be right, which is why it's so confusing that he's playing conference expansion obstructionist at this point....at least publicly....
    True...of course I'm coming from a Cal AD perspective...ie an abortion for 60 yrs...

asshat Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo Shaggy Gold Club Surly Bevo's Avatar
    Interregnum.....fancy

asshat maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack Shaggy Gold Club maninblack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Maybe he can name Luck the AD in Waiting...

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Texas make significantly more money on athletics than the next most profitable school in the entire country. By the only metric that really matters at the end of the day, he's a $#@!ing huge success. Whatever else there is to say doesn't really matter. He's made the school into a financial grand slam.

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard of Os View Post

2. He wanted Gary Barnett, not Mack Brown.

This is huge

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisApplewhite View Post
    Mack deserves about 90% of the credit for where Texas football is right now, good and bad.
    correct and see above

Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    6. hired plonsky. who has driven every sport under his office into the ground

It not so much hate as it is not looking out for the 200 donor

and lets not forget left field and IMO the monumental screw job of the LHN

Dude's job is to make money for the AD. He's not a football guy and probably knows less about the sport than many posters here. Those types of hiring decisions are a crapshoot and all you can do is have the best hiring process as possible. I think he understands this.

However, I think goes too far sometimes at nickle and diming the fanbase, making the game day experience as hokey and cheesy as possible, etc. He generally comes off as not giving a $#@! about the average fan.

asshat Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Sleepygrad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    Yes. Did you not read the others posts in this thread? he fell ass-backwards into having Mack named head coach. without Mack, Deloss is long since put out to pasture.
    Yes, I read the posts, but the fact that he didn't want Mack as his first choice doesn't change thd fact that our athletic dept, our brand, is as big as its ever been. Football, baseball, basketball, track, swimming, softball, volleyball, etc. We are the most successful athletic program in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    This is huge

correct and see above

It not so much hate as it is not looking out for the 200 donor

and lets not forget left field and IMO the monumental screw job of the LHN
    I can't argue with you on these

bunghole SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. SleptTheyHookers's Avatar
    We are were the most successful athletic program in the country.
    Fixed that $#@!.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    for all we know, gary barnett would have won us 3 MNCs and 7 conference titles had he been given the job. the man won the big 10 with northwestern. twice, i think.

hopefully those of you yearning for deloss to quit or retire or be fired understand that his replacement is plonsky. and her next good decision will be her first.

asshat formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore.
    What a stupid thread.

His fault is he makes EVERY single decision with $$$ on the mind. It is great for the bottom line but often a real pisser for the average fan. His playoff idea is the latest example of max. revenue at all cost. He has been a great AD and Plonsky will send us back to the dark ages.

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    for all we know, gary barnett would have won us 3 MNCs and 7 conference titles had he been given the job. the man won the big 10 with northwestern. twice, i think.
    This is a terrible thread, and that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. No offense.

Gary Barnett was never a good candidate for us, nor was Tyrone Willingham. I could never understand the hard on some people had for them. Both of them flamed out somewhere other than here, thank goodness.

asshat Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Murfdogg21's Avatar
    281, MY WAY OF SHOWING LOVE TO THE FOLKS BACK HOME
    If you donate less than $200, Deloss eats cans of corn and craps in your yard. Chris Plonsky is part of that corn.

asshat Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis's Avatar
    Dodds only killed 4 hookers. And it was a Kansas State.

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    can anybody tell me why 'this is a terrible thread'? i am interested in the dialogue.

asshat Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet grows his own roses Prophet's Avatar
    For 2/3 of his tenure, football and men's basketball were rather mediocre. Baseball has been good the entire time. The last decade or so, football and men's basketball have been very good. The LHN so far is a complete failure, imo. If it gets picked up and I am actually able to watch games, then I will be singing its praises. He's made Texas a financial giant so we should get our pick of future coaches in every sport which is good. His public comments on expansion and playoffs, which might just be a facade, are borderline regarded, imo.

His legacy is yet to be determined.
    Last edited by Prophet; 05-15-2012 at 11:28 PM.

fruitloop dingus SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by formermav43 View Post
    What a stupid thread.
    not really. who the $#@! are you anyway?

asshat Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo Shaggy Gold Club Rimbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    Texas make significantly more money on athletics than the next most profitable school in the entire country. By the only metric that really matters at the end of the day, he's a $#@!ing huge success. Whatever else there is to say doesn't really matter. He's made the school into a financial grand slam.
    winner winner chicken dinner

fruitloop dingus SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? SPII's Avatar
    I think he needs to talk a lot less, especially regarding realignment. We've done well in a lot of sports and had two MNC appearances in the past 8 seasons. I'm down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegma_Popsicle_II View Post
    I think he needs to talk a lot less, especially regarding realignment. We've done well in a lot of sports and had two MNC appearances in the past 8 seasons. I'm down with that.
    Most schools would be down with that.....but not Texas....2 out of the last 8 ain't the goal...

The goal is every year in a competitive fashion....

I suppose you're right. 2 in 8 should not be our standard.

banner time?

asshat Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Kid Quick's Avatar
    I would like to see DeLoss shut the $#@! up on the expansion issue too. Neg rep me all you want for my SEC comments last year, but my biggest fear as a Texas fan is that I will not have good football to watch. Well, if we can add Florida State, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc., that would go a long way to giving us good football to watch. DeLoss needs to be 100% on board that train.

I would also like to be able to watch the 2-3 games he wants to put on the LHN, so at some point, let's reach a $#@!ing compromise. I would gladly pay $5-$10 per month for this channel, but I am not given that option and I am stuck in area that is devoid of a LHN carrying cable provider.

asshat GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick View Post
    I would also like to be able to watch the 2-3 games he wants to put on the LHN, so at some point, let's reach a $#@!ing compromise. I would gladly pay $5-$10 per month for this channel, but I am not given that option and I am stuck in area that is devoid of a LHN carrying cable provider.
    And what exactly is Dodds supposed to do to make this happen? Pressure ESPN to work out a deal with the carriers?

Everybody's hating on LHN and blaming Dodds because most of us have seen at least snippets of LHN streams & we know it's awesome and all want it NOW. But as has been said a thousand times, this is between ESPN and TWC/Dish/Comcast, etc. Anyone saying "well, Dodds never should have signed that contract if they knew it would be unavailable for so long" is delusional. I'm sure that initial $20mm has already been spent.

Dodds was visionary in the '80s & '90s with establishing the Longhorn Foundation & centralizing donations to the University. He undertook massive upgrades on aging facilities & really laid the foundation for long term success. And aside from the occasional sound bite he's not been an attention whore. Are his best days behind him? Probably. But he still knows how $#@! gets done, who the big players are & where all of the bodies are buried. Realignment is the last big assignment on his plate, & I can't think of any newcomer that would be able to take his place right now.

possible cretin

hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    For 2/3 of his tenure, football and men's basketball were rather mediocre. Baseball has been good the entire time. The last decade or so, football and men's basketball have been very good. The LHN so far is a complete failure, imo. If it gets picked up and I am actually able to watch games, then I will be singing its praises. He's made Texas a financial giant so we should get our pick of future coaches in every sport which is good. His public comments on expansion and playoffs, which might just be a facade, are borderline regarded, imo.

His legacy is yet to be determined.
    You're forgetting a decade of baseball mediocrity. And 20 years of irrelevance in wbb. And his refusal to add scholarship sports like mens soccer, and gymnastics. And his hiring Mackovic.
    Last edited by hitbyatrain; 05-16-2012 at 08:12 AM.

possible cretin

hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain's Avatar
    Also it costs $90 per ticket to see Rice. Rice.

bunghole Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt grows his own roses Born Burnt's Avatar
    He always speaks and acts from a position of strength, which is what Texas should always do. Plus, when Aggy hates your AD more than anyone in the entire world, you know you got the right man.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    His public comments on expansion and playoffs, which might just be a facade, are borderline regarded, imo.
    That's what I'm thinking. When Dodds talks, people listen. He very well could be the PR CYA man. "We haven't talked to anyone. We don't want anyone."

Next thing you know, "I got a call from the front office in Dallas, they just informed me that we're interested in an application just submitted by Florida State. While I didn't see it coming, we would welcome them with open arms."

Or some $#@! like that.

He did give us the great Bob Weltlich. He's got that going for (against) him.

asshat El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo grows his own roses El Guapo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    This. He hired Weltlich and Mackovic which should have easily been fireable offenses.

I cut him some slack on McWilliams and Penders as those cluster f's weren't entirely his fault, but damn, Bob Weltlich? John Mackovic? Really?
    Last edited by El Guapo; 05-16-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    Gary Barnett was never a good candidate for us, nor was Tyrone Willingham. I could never understand the hard on some people had for them. Both of them flamed out somewhere other than here, thank goodness.

Yet it was DeLoss that flew in Tom Hicks' plane to a regional airport outside Chicago, interviewed G.Barnett and offered him the job. When DeLoss called Coach Royal (member of the selection committee) to notify him of the "hire", Coach Royal and Doug English both informed DeLoss they would refuse to endorse the hire. They told DeLoss they were on their way to Atlanta to interview the next HC of our football program. Be sure to thank Doug English and Coach Royal the next time you see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    By the only metric that really matters at the end of the day, he's a $#@!ing huge success.
    As far as the school goes, sure.

As far as athletics go? Fair to middlin.

We are the most successful athletic program in the country.
    http://www.nacda.com/directorscup/na...s-scoring.html

+ Reply to Thread