+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michigan - A Story of Loss

asshat BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck's Avatar

Michigan - A Story of Loss

Let me tell y’all a story….

As I sit here this morning hangover and intent on doing NO work, I am painfully reminded of the mid 2000s when my team, a perennial power like yours, was fading. Fading fast.

The parallels are, sadly for you, strikingly similar. I'm going to lay some truth down on y'all. It might hurt a little. But like bandaid on a scraped knee or duct tape over a mouth, ripping it off is going to be easier than slow and painful.

You may be in for a long few years.

It WILL get better. Its not your fault.

Why don't you have a seat over there…….

Fades Out

Scene: 1998. Grainy TV Screens. Kirk Herbstreet is a pipsqueak baby faced ass rag. Lou Holtz can string more than 3 sentences together.

The story begins in 1998. Some of you will remember my good buddy Lloyd Carr. Lloyd, like Mack, was a coach from a different generation.

Friendly. Grandfather like. Soft.

Like Mack, Lloyd won a "National Championship*". He beat our rivals (at least, to begin with). We had a few great years. We won Rose Bowls. We won Heisman trophies.

The people rejoiced.

Then, like a buckeye doing math, things slowly began to change. In 2001, a relatively unknown coach from Youngstown State was hired at O$U. This sweatervest wearing Mr. Rodgers-Lookalike had the audacity of guaranteeing a win against us. We laughed. Then we cried.

This signaled the beginning of the end.

In 2002 O$U beat Miami for the National Championship. This was the second year in a row they’d beat us.

In 2003 Michigan won a Big 10 Championship and beat O$U. We lost to USC, but maybe…just maybe…things were right in the world.

What we didn’t know is that would signal the start of 4 consecutive bowl losses (I’m sure you’ll remember 2005) and a 1-11 record against our rival.

Finally, in 2008 our fans demanded a change.

If only we’d known

Fade Out

Scene: $#@! Rod’s West Virginia Office. Some busty coed sitting on $#@!Rod’s Lap. [Phone Rings]

My concerns began with the whole buyout scandal. At first they were small, but like a couch burning in the night, they were there. Mark Dantonio was gaining steam at MSU and we were hiring a coach with a gimmick offense ill equipped to succeed in Michigan in late fall. Players….no not just players…..GOOD players were leaving. Like the Zombie apocalypse, things would get out of control and get out of control quickly.

Perhaps y’all remember my boy Sam McGuffie. That mother $#@!er could jump people like I could eat hot dogs. He was PERFECT for $#@! Rod. And he was white (no racist), which was kinda cool I guess. Plus, our star incoming QB had his own WEBSITE ( qbforce.com )

Things didn’t go as planned.

We went 3 – 9 the first year. We missed a bowl for the first time in 33 years. There was much crying and gnashing of teeth.

2009 would be our year.

We started 4 – 0! We were back! By golly Tate Forcier for HEISMAN!!!! We were happy again.

Then the wheels fell off. Over the next few years, we were investigated and punished by the NCAA for the first time in history, our coach cried and sang Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up” at a senior awards dinner(http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5877414 ), and our quarterback ended up transferring and hanging out of the window of his girlfriends house drunk and threatening to jump. The cops were called. We were embarrassed. McGuffie had transferred. I stopped watching football.

Fade Out

Scene: Michigan has just won the Sugar Bowl. Denard Robinson is smiling. Brady Hoke is smiling. I’m smiling.

There is now light at the end of the tunnel. I’m not willing to say Michigan is back. We’ve got a long way to go. Our coach could die of a heart attack at any point in time. But, for the first time in 5 years there is HOPE. True, legitimate hope, that we can be back.

$#@! Urban Meyer.

My advice to you, my Texas friends I have come to know and love, is this:

Take these next few years to begin to enjoy life again. Pick up a hobby. Learn how to brew beer. Smoke an entire cow. Make a lapshade out of your Aggie neighbors. Stop stressing about college football. It could be a long few years. You could hire the wrong coach. Aggie could SEC!SEC! their way to victory. You might actually find your life is better for it.

At the same time, DON’T GIVE UP on the players. There WILL be little moments of joy. I got to watch Denard Robinson. He can’t throw a ball for $#@!, but he is still one of the most electric players to watch and, to top it off, seems like a really, really nice kid. He seems to truly love playing the game, which makes me truly love watching him.

When this debacle ends, and IT WILL, and Texas is back on top, I can PROMISE you this:

You will appreciate your team more than ever.

Best of luck to you friends.

tl/dr: going to be a tough few years but you'll get through it

*$#@! you Nebraska I don't wanna hear it

thanks obama jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyesSuck View Post
    Make a lapshade out of your Aggie neighbors.
    not a bad idea.

asshat misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw grows his own roses misslaw's Avatar
    Good post. Painful to read, but a good post nonetheless.

asshat BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck's Avatar

Its not your fault

I will be fine with whatever pains we have to live with once I know the wrong people are not there anymore.

Its not your fault

bunghole RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton slams and goes hard. RB Version of HenryMelton's Avatar
    Ann Arbor is a Whore. Shut the $#@! up.

Quote Originally Posted by RB Version of HenryMelton View Post
    Ann Arbor is a Whore. Shut the $#@! up.
    Its not your fault

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    The main reason Michigan fans took the Jim Tressel years so hard is that they wanted to believe the John Cooper years were the norm and got accustomed to either salvaging a bad year with a win over Ohio State or topping off a good year with same.

Something similar will happen to Ohio State if Hoke turns out to have Meyer's number. This seems unlikely.

bunghole dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dissidentboomer's Avatar
    Lakewood, under the radar and in the arms of a sweet Russian redhead with a Ph.D and a French accent
    Let me tell y’all a story….

As I sit here this morning hangover and intent on doing NO work, I am painfully reminded of the mid 2000s when my team, a perennial power like yours, was fading. Fading fast.

The parallels are, sadly for you, strikingly similar. I'm going to lay some truth down on y'all. It might hurt a little. But like bandaid on a scraped knee or duct tape over a mouth, ripping it off is going to be easier than slow and painful.

You may be in for a long few years.

It WILL get better. Its not your fault.

Why don't you have a seat over there…….

Fades Out

Scene: 1998. Grainy TV Screens. Kirk Herbstreet is a pipsqueak baby faced ass rag. Lou Holtz can string more than 3 sentences together.

The story begins in 1998. Some of you will remember my good buddy Lloyd Carr. Lloyd, like Mack, was a coach from a different generation.

Friendly. Grandfather like. Soft.

Like Mack, Lloyd won a "National Championship*". He beat our rivals (at least, to begin with). We had a few great years. We won Rose Bowls. We won Heisman trophies.

The people rejoiced.

Then, like a buckeye doing math, things slowly began to change. In 2001, a relatively unknown coach from Youngstown State was hired at O$U. This sweatervest wearing Mr. Rodgers-Lookalike had the audacity of guaranteeing a win against us. We laughed. Then we cried.

This signaled the beginning of the end.

In 2002 O$U beat Miami for the National Championship. This was the second year in a row they’d beat us.

In 2003 Michigan won a Big 10 Championship and beat O$U. We lost to USC, but maybe…just maybe…things were right in the world.

What we didn’t know is that would signal the start of 4 consecutive bowl losses (I’m sure you’ll remember 2005) and a 1-11 record against our rival.

Finally, in 2008 our fans demanded a change.

If only we’d known

Fade Out

Scene: $#@! Rod’s West Virginia Office. Some busty coed sitting on $#@!Rod’s Lap. [Phone Rings]

My concerns began with the whole buyout scandal. At first they were small, but like a couch burning in the night, they were there. Mark Dantonio was gaining steam at MSU and we were hiring a coach with a gimmick offense ill equipped to succeed in Michigan in late fall. Players….no not just players…..GOOD players were leaving. Like the Zombie apocalypse, things would get out of control and get out of control quickly.

Perhaps y’all remember my boy Sam McGuffie. That mother $#@!er could jump people like I could eat hot dogs. He was PERFECT for $#@! Rod. And he was white (no racist), which was kinda cool I guess. Plus, our star incoming QB had his own WEBSITE ( qbforce.com )

Things didn’t go as planned.

We went 3 – 9 the first year. We missed a bowl for the first time in 33 years. There was much crying and gnashing of teeth.

2009 would be our year.

We started 4 – 0! We were back! By golly Tate Forcier for HEISMAN!!!! We were happy again.

Then the wheels fell off. Over the next few years, we were investigated and punished by the NCAA for the first time in history, our coach cried and sang Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up” at a senior awards dinner(http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5877414 ), and our quarterback ended up transferring and hanging out of the window of his girlfriends house drunk and threatening to jump. The cops were called. We were embarrassed. McGuffie had transferred. I stopped watching football.

Fade Out

Scene: Michigan has just won the Sugar Bowl. Denard Robinson is smiling. Brady Hoke is smiling. I’m smiling.

There is now light at the end of the tunnel. I’m not willing to say Michigan is back. We’ve got a long way to go. Our coach could die of a heart attack at any point in time. But, for the first time in 5 years there is HOPE. True, legitimate hope, that we can be back.

$#@! Urban Meyer.

My advice to you, my Texas friends I have come to know and love, is this:

Take these next few years to begin to enjoy life again. Pick up a hobby. Learn how to brew beer. Smoke an entire cow. Make a lapshade out of your Aggie neighbors. Stop stressing about college football. It could be a long few years. You could hire the wrong coach. Aggie could SEC!SEC! their way to victory. You might actually find your life is better for it.

At the same time, DON’T GIVE UP on the players. There WILL be little moments of joy. I got to watch Denard Robinson. He can’t throw a ball for $#@!, but he is still one of the most electric players to watch and, to top it off, seems like a really, really nice kid. He seems to truly love playing the game, which makes me truly love watching him.

When this debacle ends, and IT WILL, and Texas is back on top, I can PROMISE you this:

You will appreciate your team more than ever.

Best of luck to you friends.

tl/dr: going to be a tough few years but you'll get through it

*$#@! you Nebraska I don't wanna hear it
    Thanks. I needed that. I think I'll smoke an entire cow this weekend. :-)

This thread was intended to provide you support from someone whos been through it before.

It will get better. I promise.

Banned slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen
    I already know how to brew beer.

Lampshade then

asshat WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore. WBT is a rep whore.
    Just the mention of Tate Forcier and his website cheered me up a little bit. Thanks.

Its not your fault

Banned slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen slutskya is a Model Citizen
    Lampshade then
    That's just stupid. Beer brewing is cool tho!

Quote Originally Posted by slutskya View Post

Its not your fault

Lampshade then

It's not my fault

Seems like this Michigan fan is a little strange. I'm sure it's not his fault!

asshat TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09 slams and goes hard. TexEx09's Avatar
    sooooo, its come to this?

bunghole Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur slams and goes hard. Decatur's Avatar
    This is gold...err excuse me maize:)

asshat Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt Shaggy Gold Club Hollywood Colt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexEx09 View Post
    sooooo, its come to this?
    at some point a sooner will start a thread offering their condolences and my head will explode.

The press conference today solidified that it's going to be a $#@! storm to get Mack out. He's going to go down like Bowden and someone like Jamail (anyone else have 2 statues and a field named after them?) has to step in and raise hell with Powers/DeLOSS to push him out the door.

The game has passed him by and it's over.

bunghole horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard. horn05 slams and goes hard.
    u ass... can i get a hug?

It's a good point to tell these guys it could be worse. 9-3/8-4 ain't all bad. You could end up in a Tennessee situation. Texas is not Michigan, and they will not tolerate mediocrity, though. Michigan fans will kill for it now.

Banned mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses
    The zone read is a not a gimmick play.

asshat Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston grows his own roses Silky Johnston's Avatar
    Usually TLDR, but I'm bored at work. Good read. +rep

asshat Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy grows his own roses Randy's Avatar
    omg girl > what the $#@! girl. Would like to see the wives of the guys voting for what the $#@! girl.

asshat TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TankedBevo's Avatar
    +Rep. Good $#@!, though painfully accurate.

asshat longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek's Avatar
    Thank God we haven't lost to Appalachian State...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Sobotka View Post
    It's a good point to tell these guys it could be worse. 9-3/8-4 ain't all bad. You could end up in a Tennessee situation. Texas is not Michigan, and they will not tolerate mediocrity, though. Michigan fans will kill for it now.
    yeah that Sugar Bowl we won last year = mediocrity

asshat ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye's Avatar

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    I'd like to hear the thoughts of the Michigan fan's on John Bacon's "Three And Out", if they read it. I found it hilariously one-sided and obviously very pro-Michigan, but also a valuable insight into how flimsy the foundation Michigan football was standing on by 2008, along with all the politics that undermined Rich Rodriguez before he could even really get started.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD_Buckeye View Post
    I like you buckeye, but don't blow it.....or else i'll talk $#@! on a message board....

asshat The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest slams and goes hard. The Vest's Avatar
    This thread brings back great memories

bunghole Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard. Lhorn slams and goes hard.
    I can't help but feel that this is my fault.

asshat TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhorn View Post
    It's not though. It's not your fault. Come here.

asshat ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye is a rep whore. ORD_Buckeye's Avatar
    I like you buckeye, but don't blow it.....or else i'll talk $#@! on a message board....
    You do that and fair warning. You'll be painting me into a corner where I have no choice but to become an internet tough guy.

yeah that Sugar Bowl we won last year = mediocrity
    Dude...any win over Va Tech could be considered mediocre in nature...

asshat irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan grows his own roses irishtexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ORD_Buckeye View Post
    You do that and fair warning. You'll be painting me into a corner where I have no choice but to become an internet tough guy.
    It's cute that our $#@!ty team and forum of $#@!s has brought you midwestern mopes together. Perhaps y'all could eiffel tower a homely wisconsin gal with a bad accent that will keep you warm through your miserable winters.

asshat the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit grows his own roses the idoit's Avatar
    The problem is I've already been there and done that. Not sure I want to go through it all again...

bunghole NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan slams and goes hard. NativeAmarilloan's Avatar
    Let me tell y’all a story...

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo14 View Post
    I will be fine with whatever pains we have to live with once I know the wrong people are not there anymore.
    Good luck knowing when that is.

Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    Don't mock our maize and blue friend. That win over Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl as at least as impressive as OU's beatdown over Uconn in the Fiesta bowl the year before.

asshat mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat slams and goes hard. mstrat's Avatar
    Were you ever blown out 4 times by your greatest rival?

So, tell us - save us some time - how do we get rid of Mack? He's like George W. Bush without a term limit.

asshat Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death Shaggy Gold Club Duck of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCHorn View Post
    yet texas could not beat them in the sugar bowl with ricky $#@!ing williams in the backfield.

asshat Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck is a rep whore. Bullneck's Avatar
    It's good to hear a story about a once great team that fell from grace, rose up again and won national championship. It's heartening.

Wait a minute . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mstrat View Post
    Were you ever blown out 4 times by your greatest rival?

So, tell us - save us some time - how do we get rid of Mack? He's like George W. Bush without a term limit.
    You kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhorn View Post
    I'd give you a hug but i ran out of good will hunting pictures. Sorry homie. It might actually be your fault.

bunghole AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM slams and goes hard. AnTiM's Avatar
    The fact that a UM fan sympathizes with us after that heartbreaking loss in the Rose Bowl in 05, along with reports of blowU fans commiserating with us this year, shows how far we have sunk. I have visions of the late Mackovic years when Belmont was giving tickets away to put asses in the seats and there weren't enough takers to do it. The good thing is that after a few more years of this there will be enough deserters to improve my season ticket location for minimum donation. It now appears that Mack Brown was lucky enough to acquire players like VY, Colt, and a few others who could practically carry a team by themselves. Now, without stellar players, reality has sunk in. Thanks Mack, but it's time to go. And pos rep to the thread starter, very perceptive post.

+ Reply to Thread