+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Our strength and conditioning program sucks

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!

Our strength and conditioning program sucks

You are watching a team get physically whipped at the line of scrimmage week after week. Bennie Wylie is a fraud.

Nah, Wylie is solid. S&C and oline play take multiple years to build. Mack is the fraud.

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whereIend View Post
    Nah, Wylie is solid.
    No, he isn't. Don't confuse his physique with his ability to coach.

Our players do cutesy workouts, but do not have a solid weight training program. It shows.

asshat CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred Shaggy Gold Club CowboyFred's Avatar
    This is $#@!ing dumb Pete. If anything our s&c is the only thing going right now.

asshat TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026's Avatar
    But those Tech defenses were so physical and well conditioned under Wylie...

I'm sick of the critique of assistant coaches. What difference does it make which ones suck and which ones don't? The buck stops at Mack and he is absolutely terrible. Get a new head coach and let him do whatever he wants regarding assistants.

asshat BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post

Our players do cutesy workouts, but do not have a solid weight training program. It shows.
    S&C isn't the problem with poor tackling. It's not Wylie's job to get them to tackle it's to prepare them physically and our players look much bigger than under fat dog so his program is working. The problem is poor coaching and player development.

asshat Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim's Avatar
    Shag: Where gay, paid aggy trolls gather to brainwash Texas fans
    Yep. Our team is full of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyFred View Post
    This is $#@!ing dumb Pete. If anything our s&c is the only thing going right now.
    I am watching the game with a former NC winning strength coach. He is laughing at how weak our players are.

We need to learn to be more objective. "Not Mad Dog" does not mean good. We are being dominated week after week. Do you think Stacy Searles forgot how to coach linemen how to block? We are weaker than our opponents...in this case, Kansas. Let that sink in.

Banned VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyFred View Post
    What? You $#@!ing kidding me? The strength and conditioning is one of the biggest problems. Obviously just understanding how to square up to tackle and stay in respective lanes is the biggest problem, but S&C is CLEARLY either #2 or #3 on the biggest problem list. $#@!ing unreal how big of pussies these guys are.

Our players are strong and well conditioned. They are soft and appear weak because they aren't used to hard hitting and physical contact. That's all on Mack. Like BO&W said. It's not Wylie's job to coach the guys to hit and be tough. It's his job to make sure they are physically strong and in good shape. He's done his job.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumBarnes View Post
    Our players are strong and well conditioned. They are soft and appear weak because they aren't used to hard hitting and physical contact. That's all on Mack. Like BO&W said. It's not Wylie's job to coach the guys to hit and be tough. It's his job to make sure they are physically strong and in good shape. He's done his job.
    Our players are not strong. We are being whipped so badly, it's laughable. Just like we were in the OU game. Bennie Wylie has never been a successful strength coach anywhere, and that isn't changing in Austin.

Truth.

asshat BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Our players are not strong. We are being whipped so badly, it's laughable. Just like we were in the OU game. Bennie Wylie has never been a successful strength coach anywhere, and that isn't changing in Austin.
    A bad scheme and being out of position will take away leverage to any defensive player.

You know, that may have flown the first part of the season as they got used to realtime play and tackling, but we are, what 7 games in? They should be able to tackle and hit properly. These kids have quit and there is no more evidence needed than for them to be losing to Kansas. PERIOD.

A bad scheme and being out of position will take away leverage to any defensive player.
    Indeed. Being weak and unprepared to take the field will, too.

As my buddy keeps saying, look how skinny our players legs are. We may be conditioned well, but we are not strong.

Wylie is known for doing lots of unique workouts, not for having guys pump a lot of iron. We need to pump a lot of iron. That's what they do in the SEC, and it's why their lines control games. Our lines are completely incapable of doing so.
    Last edited by Tex Pete; 10-27-2012 at 12:40 PM.

asshat Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Fillmore Slim's Avatar
    People still look at our players and think: Strong ?

Are you kidding me? These guys are so weak. Mentally, physically weak. This is undebatable. And those saying it's because of scheme and position, it's that too. It's both. Except it.

Indeed. Being weak and unprepared to take the field will, too.
    They are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were 2-3 years ago.

And you know this how exactly? Please advise. Not saying you're right or wrong but don't opine on $#@! if you're speaking out of your ass blackshirt

asshat smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    And you know this how exactly? Please advise. Not saying you're right or wrong but don't opine on $#@! if you're speaking out of your ass blackshirt
    Look at the results, our guys have been getting man handled all season long. Oline cant hold blocks, d guys cant get off blocks

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOrange&White View Post
    They are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were 2-3 years ago.
    And? Fat Dog was completely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    Watch us play. Our players look like they're on rollerskates out there, and it isn't just because of scheme/position.
    Last edited by Tex Pete; 10-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.

And? Fat Dog was completely terrible.
    Exactly so how the $#@! can you complain where we are now in our S&C program.

We are getting dominated because we do not focus on lifting and getting stronger. Better than terrible does not equal good.

asshat cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn's Avatar
    Worrying about our S&C program is standing on a five trying to pick up a one.

Make no mistake, Mack Brown is THE problem.

When Kansas is destroying you at the point of attack, you need to look in the mirror. We are not being outschemed on the offensive line, we are being out worked in the weight room.

I think these guys are confused and uninspired. They have too many reads and get out of position. The poor schemes have nuetered an otherwise beastly unit.

That, my friends, is a weak offensive line.

asshat smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax Shaggy Gold Club smax's Avatar
    yes it is 4th and goal on the 1 and we got no push

asshat michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes grows his own roses michaelpshayes's Avatar
    4th and goal holla

Banned VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero
    Quote Originally Posted by texashorne View Post
    I think these guys are confused and uninspired. They have too many reads and get out of position. The poor schemes have nuetered an otherwise beastly unit.
    Otherwise beastly unit? LOL. Outside of KV making some nasty special teams tackles his freshman year and one leaping sack last year, Okafor is the only one who has shown any signs of "beastly" on this entire defense since they've arrived on campus.

asshat cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn's Avatar
    Agreed that S&C is one of many problems, but it's not THE problem.

The nucleus of this slap-fest makes $14k per day and no one else is even close.

Can we haz Moffit?

Tex Pete is absolutely right, guys.

Actually, we were much stronger under Mad Dog. We won many games going away in the fourth quarter, games decided by three points or less etc...

I've never been sold on Wylie's workouts.

Agreed. But our S&C program needs to be exposed. It is not good, and people who know S&C think it's a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Flood View Post
    Can we haz Moffit?
    I wish. Most of the SEC guys come from the Moffitt coaching tree. Their teams are always strong...you don't talk about SEC finesse. They beat the hell out of you physically.

That, my friends, is a weak offensive line.
    I don't think Wylie is anything special and never have, but I think this is more on the limitations of genetics than anything else. McWhorter left this team crippled up front. The next round of guys will be a massive upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post

He was also the nucleus when we finished 11th in defense last year, sixth the year before, and third the year before. Also when we fished first under Bull Reese years ago.
    Last edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign; 10-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisApplewhite View Post
    I don't think Wylie is anything special and never have, but I think this is more on the limitations of genetics than anything else. McWhorter left this team crippled up front. The next round of guys will be a massive upgrade.
    Again, Kansas is beating us at the line. McWhorter did not leave us worse off than Kansas and Searles is not coaching us up worse than Kansas. We are just not strong.

I am watching the game with a former NC winning strength coach. He is laughing at how weak our players are.

We need to learn to be more objective. "Not Mad Dog" does not mean good. We are being dominated week after week. Do you think Stacy Searles forgot how to coach linemen how to block? We are weaker than our opponents...in this case, Kansas. Let that sink in.
    Fat Dog is just bitter.

McWhorter did not leave us worse off than Kansas
    Sure he did. Espinosa, Poehlmann and Cochran are all sub-BCS guys.

Mack promoted the useless former S&C (Mad dog) & gave the new guy a ton of money.
    How is it not Mack's fault?

asshat Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Fondren & Main is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.
    Guys it's not strength and conditioning. If it was then Mike Davis would still look like a little girl. It's the mentality that seeps down from the top. If Dave Batista fought a UFC heavyweight he'd get his ass kicked and it wouldn't be because he was weaker.

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar
    this says it all. it is all on the coaches

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    texpete is watching the game with mad dog ?

asshat t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan's Avatar
    They look mighty weak to me.

Weak as $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Under a Bad Sign View Post
    He was also the nucleus when we finished 11th in defense last year, sixth the year before, and third the year before. Also when we fished first under Bull Reese years ago.
    Yeah, you're right, Mack is tough as nails and instills that in all of his teams.

What was I thinking?

asshat Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins Shaggy Gold Club Leeroy Jenkins's Avatar
    I don't think it is so much S&C as it is attitude and motivation. Clap clap clap doesn't build pissed off nasty $#@!ers on the line.

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    texpete is watching the game with mad dog ?
    texpete is maddog

+ Reply to Thread