View Poll Results: Do we ever beat OU under mack again?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 34.18%
  • No

104 65.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do we beat OU under mack again?

Do we beat OU under mack again?

The fanbase seems to be split into two factions. Those that care about beating OU and those that are fine with being humiliated every year as long as we can pull out close wins against bad teams. So go ahead and vote. Will we ever beat OU again under Mack?

asshat DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik slams and goes hard. DrManik's Avatar
    I voted no. I think Mack could pull off some victories and hold close to his pretty $#@!ty win/loss percentage if he were given enough time but I don't think he beats them next year or the year after and I don't think he sticks around too much longer.

asshat perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007 slams and goes hard. perfectchaos007's Avatar
    I care dearly about beating OU. They have always been our #1 rival, but now they are our ONLY rival that we will play on a yearly basis which adds a lot of added pressure for our coach to yield results on that game. In the past after losing to OU, we have been able to look forward to getting a crack at aggy or even Arky back during the SWC days. For better or worse we don't have that luxury any more, unless we attempt to fabricate a rivalry like Baylor v. Tech recently. I don't know about you guys, but after this years ass kicking at the hands of OU, I felt an empty sense of indifference towards the rest of the season. In my mind there was really nothing to look forward to after that. With that said, I feel these sentiments are shared with a large portion of the fan base even if they don't realize it yet. If we lose to OU next year, which I think we will, Mack will be gone. So I voted no.

asshat Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon's Avatar
    I hope Mack never beats OU again. Or loses to OU again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut Wagon View Post
    This. Unfortunately, after watching DD practically give Mack tongue on the sideline at the end of the game, I'd say he has already decided to keep Ol' Butterteeth around next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrManik View Post
    I voted no. I think Mack could pull off some victories and hold close to his pretty $#@!ty win/loss percentage if he were given enough time but I don't think he beats them next year or the year after and I don't think he sticks around too much longer.
    Do you understand percentages??? I'm not going to defend Mack and his OU performance, but winning a near 8 out of every 10 games over 14 years is not "$#@!ty"

Quote Originally Posted by HoneysuckleRose View Post
    Do you understand percentages??? I'm not going to defend Mack and his OU performance, but winning a near 8 out of every 10 games over 14 years is not "$#@!ty"
    Pretty sure he was referring to Mack's winning percentage against OU.

asshat Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond grows his own roses Mr. Drummond's Avatar
    It's not $#@!ty, nor is it acceptable, given the state's demographics, our money and resources.

5-6 of those 8 wins every year are against teams that have no business being on the field with us, and far too often, the KStates (not counting this year), Baylor, Iowa State have beaten us.

bunghole MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MarkitZero's Avatar
    Caught beneath a landslide in a Champagne Supernova in the sky
    Hell no. Mack is too busy handing out the orange slices and Capri suns to care about game prepping. But I guarantee you this- our kids will have fun in a great atmosphere and we will give OU credit.

asshat formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore.
    The op isn't a false dichotomy at all.

asshat Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht's Avatar
    In a bow stand, west of Austin....smokin weed, drinking beer and killin shit.
    OU will be down next year. If the D gets fixed which it seems to have been changed and doing better since halftime last week, they can win in Dallas next year. If they lose next year Mack should be fired before getting into the tunnel.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    after the 2003 blowout, a lot of ou fans were thinking they'd never lose to us again. they have. we would beat them again if mack sticks around, but they will win more often and continue to blow us out every couple of years. thats not how it needs to be.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    OP should have had a voting option of "Yes, but only once every 3 or 4 years".

So in a specifically statistical sense, I guess I would have to vote "Yes".

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    It all goes in cycles. Maybe if they are in a down year or Ash just balls out next year then we could beat them. Right now we are beating them 35% of the time under Mack while Stoops is HC at OU. It's possible, yes. Is it likely, not sure.

Banned Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel's Avatar
    Doom and gloom. Texas will never beat OU again unless we promote an up and coming coordinator or hire a coach who had success at a mid-major or FCS school.

People don't want to hear this but if Mack somehow magically claps a 10 win season out of his butt this year then he can probably do it next year and more than likely he'll stick around at least a couple more years until Ash graduates (he'll be here 4 years because he's not going pro) and the running backs put in a couple more years before going pro. Then he'll probably be here for Brewer, Overstreet, etc. however that works out and you can expect Mack as head coach for at least 5 more years.

That's just how I see it. I'm not Nostradamus but Mack would have to drop a game to Iowa St or TCU and lose to Krytonite State plus lose a bowl game to be in serious trouble but he'd still have next year and if that becomes another 8 win season with an embarrassing loss to Oklahoma then he'll be gone.

asshat orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. orange_xpress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Doom and gloom. Texas will never beat OU again unless we promote an up and coming coordinator or hire a coach who had success at a mid-major or FCS school.

People don't want to hear this but if Mack somehow magically claps a 10 win season out of his butt this year then he can probably do it next year and more than likely he'll stick around at least a couple more years until Ash graduates (he'll be here 4 years because he's not going pro) and the running backs put in a couple more years before going pro. Then he'll probably be here for Brewer, Overstreet, etc. however that works out and you can expect Mack as head coach for at least 5 more years.

That's just how I see it. I'm not Nostradamus but Mack would have to drop a game to Iowa St or TCU and lose to Krytonite State plus lose a bowl game to be in serious trouble but he'd still have next year and if that becomes another 8 win season with an embarrassing loss to Oklahoma then he'll be gone.
    I will have nightmares about your middle paragraph

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    I said earlier in the season that we're back in 2003. Blowout loss to OU but we're still winning games with a "young team". So either Ash steps up and exceeds what VY did and wins against OU next year or we get a repeat of 2004 where we have a good year but lose again to OU.

asshat cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn's Avatar
    Ding ding ding...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanic Wehrmacht View Post
    OU will be down next year. If the D gets fixed which it seems to have been changed and doing better since halftime last week, they can win in Dallas next year. If they lose next year Mack should be fired before getting into the tunnel.
    they lost their best receiver from last year, had Dlinemen hurt and were on their 8th team offensive line this year. I'd hate to see them up.

I'm typically pretty optimistic about Texas teams but generally pessimistic when it comes to playing OU. I actually think we will beat them next year.

asshat tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club tropheus Shaggy Gold Club
    Texas can and will beat OU with Mack, that's not the relevant question. The question is whether Mack Brown can consistently beat OU more than he loses to OU and that question had been definitively answered over the last 15 years.

If he stays next year, Texas could easily beat OU with defensive improvement and a junior Ash vs a sophomore Bell.

Ask the right question...

asshat Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22 Shaggy Gold Club Lat22's Avatar
    This is a "down year" for OU. Did anybody stay up and watch their game against UTEP? They aren't anywhere near being 63-21 better than us.

We will never again beat OU with Mack at the helm. I am positive of this.

asshat Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Slaytanic Wehrmacht's Avatar
    In a bow stand, west of Austin....smokin weed, drinking beer and killin shit.
    Yet they were pre season Top5 and the Big 12 favorites, right? In reality they $#@! the bed and underachieved again, except for that one game which they were supposed to win but just not by that much.

asshat OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. OUSUXCOX's Avatar
    Beating OU is so much more than just one upping dirt burglar co-workers or wearing a Horns t-shirt with pride in October....in most years owning scoreboard over OU is the only way to a conference championship and having a shot to bring it all home in the MNC game.

Until our coaches/players stop treating it as "just another conference game" none of those things will happen for us. Even with the upcoming "playoffs"...a loss to the gooners could mean we get left out of the party.
    Last edited by OUSUXCOX; 11-04-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanic Wehrmacht View Post
    Yet they were pre season Top5 and the Big 12 favorites, right? In reality they $#@! the bed and underachieved again, except for that one game which they were supposed to win but just not by that much.
    A lot of those early predictions were in place before their offensive line got wiped out before the season even started. ESPN and others were already backing off quite a bit on how good OU would be before their first game. And Notre Dame and Kansas State are also way better than anyone thought they would be. Besides, not enough people seem to realize that our problem with OU is less about our talent and experience vs. their talent and experience. It's the fact that our whole team, coaches and players, and probably equipment managers and cheerleaders, are $#@!ing flat out intimidated and scared when they see OU. It's just not arguable even though they won't admit it. I hate that about as much as I've ever hated anything. I think of the exchange in Patton between Bradley and Patton where Bradley is explaining why they got their asses kicked against the Germans and after all the other reasons they both agreed that the soldiers were just plain scared. And that's what's going on here. Most of Mack's teams don't really even expect to beat OU.
    Last edited by snowdog; 11-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus View Post
    Texas can and will beat OU with Mack, that's not the relevant question. The question is whether Mack Brown can consistently beat OU more than he loses to OU and that question had been definitively answered over the last 15 years.

If he stays next year, Texas could easily beat OU with defensive improvement and a junior Ash vs a sophomore Bell.

Ask the right question...
    This is actually the correct answer.......and addresses my general pessimism when it comes to TX v OU under Mack. I would also add that I think we would be seeing more success against them in the Mack Brown years if we were playing them later in the season. But lets not go there.......

asshat Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey has a gigantic e-peen. Vic Mackey's Avatar
    It's not even so much the losses that bother me. It's that to our biggest rival right now, Mack has produced 4 of the worst losses in this program's history. Even with one of our best teams fielded ever in 2005, we still struggle for the entire first half with OU. We never dominate them like they do us. And even in 2009, a very down year for OU and Bradford getting knocked out, we still struggle heavily and probably should have lost if not for Colt making that TD saving tackle after the pick he threw.

When Mack doesn't have all the odds in his favor with some of his best teams ever, he doesn't win.

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    Nope. Bell will just run it down our throats every play next year.

bunghole asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? asthmaticgorilla's Avatar
    We'll beat OU next year.

Has anyone else looked at the state of the Big 12 for next year, or am I the only one seeing it? What good QB will be coming back outside of our junior QB? This team will be full of juniors and sophomores that have had 1-2 years of starting experience (I'm not sure what the o-line will look like) with a great QB. I'm sure other teams will come out of nowhere, but I see it as Texas' to lose next season.

Did you see what happened every time Blake Bell got the ball against our defense? Bell is a Collin Klein starter kit with a worse arm. But he's physical as hell. We need to toughen up on defense because any team with physicality is still going to be able to beat us.

asshat Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long is a rep whore. Tex Long's Avatar
    If Mack remains HC until 2020, then yes, we'll win a couple. If he's HC next year, 2013's a tossup - naah, more like a roll of wunna those 20-sided gaming dice, looking for wizardry to come up - and it depends on whether we have a decent defense as well as whether MacBrown is willing to let the OCs (however many of them there are) establish (and actually operate) their own game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by formermav43 View Post
    The op isn't a false dichotomy at all.
    This. Yikes.

More choices are needed. Given he stays 5 more years, I'd answer, "Yes...maybe one win, tops." Given he stays one more year, I'd answer, "I'd bet my life savings on OU."

I voted NO because he's what, 83 years old now?
    Last edited by ImissWallyPryor; 11-04-2012 at 11:36 AM.

asshat williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza slams and goes hard. williemackgarza's Avatar
    If OU beats themselves with turnovers or injuries take out key players.

Depending how good the OU QB is next year, we may in fact have a chance next year. (and in improvements in our defense)

Banned satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen satam55 is a Model Citizen
    This!!!

puffy mack

asshat NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum is a rep whore. NEZ_bum's Avatar
    i'm with this opinion here. this one right here.

btw, when did grendel post bail?

Banned Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissWallyPryor View Post
    I voted NO because he's what, 83 years old now?
    61? .... He just looks 83.

I really don't think it likely that Mack ever beats blowU again (assuming he stays around a few more years). This is not like 2003. I'm afraid that if Mack sticks around our recruiting is probably going to slide some more because the kids will be wising up to the dumpster fire of a coach that he is. Without outstanding talent Mack will have problems beating anybody much less Stoops.

If next year is Mack's last year with Texas, then the answer is no.

dipshit Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard. Up slams and goes hard.
    So fans are left hoping OU has a down year so they can be beaten? Whoda thunk it.

asshat RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn grows his own roses RabidHorn's Avatar
    Mack beats blowU next season, longhorn nation takes a deep sigh of relief and the team losses the next three games.

asshat Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine Shaggy Gold Club Hagbard Celine's Avatar
    It doesn't matter whether Mack is statistically full value for 1 in 3 going forward. He could change his stripes and up that to 50% or better but the stubborn motherhumper won't do it.

Mack must die because of the following:

1. He refused to take responsibility for this year's abortion.
    2. He attacked us for demanding accountability.
    3. Three strikes and you're out. The Fourth rape, given points #1 and #2, makes it impossible to support him ever again.

Mack has to pay for 2000, 2003, 2011 and 2012. It's not about going forward. He has to PAY for what's already happened.

Rubicon crossed.

I draw dicks. No homo. THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone GORN THujone's Avatar
    Yes. And that's the catch 22. Next year we will be loaded in terms of both experience and talent. Ash will be a fully established leader. We'll have Hicks and Jeffcoat back. It won't be a young team anymore that needs a coach to motivate them. We should have natural leaders. We will win in SPITE of Mack.

I said no since I think/hope that Mack is retiring at the end of this season.

asshat ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Did you see what happened every time Blake Bell got the ball against our defense? Bell is a Collin Klein starter kit with a worse arm. But he's physical as hell. We need to toughen up on defense because any team with physicality is still going to be able to beat us.
    Bell a better arm than Klein, he's just not as accurate or effective as Klein. But I have doubts that he'll be effective against us. IIRC, the only reason they recruited Bell is because we best them out for Connor Wood. Weird.

As for the OP, if we have an overwhelming talent advantage, a superstar QB, and OU has some key injuries we may squeak out a win against them. Maybe.
    Last edited by ajax; 11-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.

asshat theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. theropods's Avatar
    Making sure the Velociraptors haven't escaped their enclosure
    Quote Originally Posted by THujone View Post
    Yes. And that's the catch 22. Next year we will be loaded in terms of both experience and talent. Ash will be a fully established leader. We'll have Hicks and Jeffcoat back. It won't be a young team anymore that needs a coach to motivate them. We should have natural leaders. We will win in SPITE of Mack.
    With competent coaching, next year's squad would have a legit shot at a Big XII and BCS level game. With Mack, I think we find a way to lose to OU. Next year smacks a lot of 2004 as the best case scenario. Unlike 2004, the bloom is off the rose and recruiting is starting to be impacted.

OU is in our player's heads and we don't have a VY on the roster to do anything about it. We're going to need a massive talent advantage to beat OU again.
    Last edited by theropods; 11-04-2012 at 03:11 PM.

asshat ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    A lot of those early predictions were in place before their offensive line got wiped out before the season even started. ESPN and others were already backing off quite a bit on how good OU would be before their first game. And Notre Dame and Kansas State are also way better than anyone thought they would be. Besides, not enough people seem to realize that our problem with OU is less about our talent and experience vs. their talent and experience. It's the fact that our whole team, coaches and players, and probably equipment managers and cheerleaders, are $#@!ing flat out intimidated and scared when they see OU. It's just not arguable even though they won't admit it. I hate that about as much as I've ever hated anything. I think of the exchange in Patton between Bradley and Patton where Bradley is explaining why they got their asses kicked against the Germans and after all the other reasons they both agreed that the soldiers were just plain scared. And that's what's going on here. Most of Mack's teams don't really even expect to beat OU.
    What this guy said. OU was destroyed by injuries.
    Yet that first half looked like Bama vs NFL would be.

Texas was scared. I can't believe some of you won't admit that.

I said yes. If we have an experienced team and catch OU on a down year like in 2006, we can beat them in spite of Mack. This could be in 2013 or 2014.

That said, the best case scenario is that we win out and get a victory in the Cotten Bowl, allowing Mack to preserve his reputation in the minds of most fans and prompting him to step aside after proclaiming that he has fixed our woes. In this unlikely scenario, domination ensues.

+ Reply to Thread