+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The History of the Eagles....

asshat Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76's Avatar

The History of the Eagles....

Should be good

Airing 2/15 & 2/16 on Showtime.....

asshat retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread's Avatar
    A sure thing. No questions asked. No strings attached.
    Will def catch this. Thanks

I hate the $#@!ing Eagles, Man.

asshat DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah is a rep whore. DoobieWah's Avatar
    I been up I been down Take my word I been round
    The Eagles.

It's pap.

It's schmaltz.

It's cheesy.

And I love it.

asshat Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu grows his own roses Stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Horn View Post
    Get the $#@! out of my cab.

asshat C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive Horn View Post
    The Dude doesn't abide.

A tougher get was Townes Van Zandt's cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers," which plays over Lebowski's closing credits. "[Former Stones manager] Allen Klein owns the rights to it," Burnett says. "He wanted $150,000." Burnett begged Klein to just come down and watch an early cut of Lebowski. "It got to the part where the Dude says, 'I hate the $#@!in' Eagles, man!' Klein stands up and says, 'That's it, you can have the song!' That was beautiful." For the record, Burnett agrees with the Dude ("[The Eagles] sort of single-handedly destroyed that whole scene that was brewing back then," he says), but the line infuriated Glenn Frey. "I ran into [Frey] and he gave me some $#@!," Jeff Bridges says. "I can't remember what he said exactly, but my anus tightened a bit."
    Link

asshat 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat is a rep whore. 88wildcat's Avatar
    Haven't seen it but I can give you the crib notes.

1. Backed up Linda Ronstedt
    2. Started own band
    3. Wrote songs about excess and Southern California
    4. Did roughly 80 million tons of coke in the 70s
    5. Became caricatures of the characters in their songs.

asshat Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76 grows his own roses Rip76's Avatar
    Anyone watch it?

asshat retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread Shaggy Gold Club retread's Avatar
    Part 2 on Showtime right now.

Looks like they're playing the whole thing tomorrow (Sunday) at 5pm ET on Showtime 2.

http://www.sho.com/sho/movies/titles...-eagles#/index

There are also several future airings on different Showtime channels. Click "ALL AIRINGS" in the left column of the above link.
    Last edited by retread; 02-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Ok what's better, HBO or Showtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Rip76 View Post
    Ok what's better, HBO or Showtime?
    HBO by a mile

asshat phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn's Avatar
    Watched it. Taped it.

Not bad, a few blech's. My take:

- Up front, best part was the delineation of the members and why... Original 4, then Leadon out, Felder in, Walsh in, Meisner out, Schmit in, Felder out... and the fact that everyone was interviewed. That was a good get. I never followed them so closely I knew all the why's (i.e. I thought they kind of kicked Leadon out but he left on his own). The timeline was handled well, balanced, and intuitive. The depth wasn't all that great, but still it was very watchable.

- Good footage, especially early on.

- Best stuff I think was Joe Walsh. He's a character of course, but it almost got a little dusty when he described his post-Eagles drug/alkie problem, and then got really upbeat as he described his rehab in '94 with the reunion. He looks damn good today, cleaned up and funny. For whatever reason, I enjoyed that the most.

- Otherwise I enjoyed the interviews with the "minor members" (Feldon, Meisner, and Leadon). I do kind of like how the series did sort of split between Henley/Frey as the "power brokers" (which they were) and the others. But it's clear that you never got a good idea of how much of a prick Frey/Henley could be. I'm not really taking the "minors" sides, but there's more than "so and so left, we said bye if you don't like it".

- The meh... the "present" commentary interviews were kind of canned... it's almost as if Frey and Henley said "do us like this or we won't do it", kind of customary for the history?

- The series comes off with Frey and Henley still(?) being sort of self-congratulatory. I can understand why these guys would be huge egos, but it just seemed like this was carefully crafted not to paint either in a bad light. I've met them both and they were nice at the time (obviously did not spend much time w/them), but I've heard some nasty stories about each and their treatment of the other members. This was really never covered, and I wish it was.

I honestly think I was more an "early" Eagles fan with their county rock style. My favorite Eagles song remains "Peaceful Easy Feeling" followed by "Desperado" then "Take It Easy" (probably the smartest, most $#@!ing singable song in history, thanks Jackson Browne for starting it and Frey for filling in one of the best damn lines in pop/rock). But I was never a rabid Eagles fan, especially after Walsh. But this thing gave me a good appreciation of it.

Worth the time, despite its kind of canned presentation.

asshat YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu Shaggy Gold Club YoLaDu's Avatar
    guitar starts spinning, rock and roll starts winning
    Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    Watched it. Taped it.

Not bad, a few blech's. My take:

- Up front, best part was the delineation of the members and why... Original 4, then Leadon out, Felder in, Walsh in, Meisner out, Schmit in, Felder out... and the fact that everyone was interviewed. That was a good get. I never followed them so closely I knew all the why's (i.e. I thought they kind of kicked Leadon out but he left on his own). The timeline was handled well, balanced, and intuitive. The depth wasn't all that great, but still it was very watchable.

- Good footage, especially early on.

- Best stuff I think was Joe Walsh. He's a character of course, but it almost got a little dusty when he described his post-Eagles drug/alkie problem, and then got really upbeat as he described his rehab in '94 with the reunion. He looks damn good today, cleaned up and funny. For whatever reason, I enjoyed that the most.

- Otherwise I enjoyed the interviews with the "minor members" (Feldon, Meisner, and Leadon). I do kind of like how the series did sort of split between Henley/Frey as the "power brokers" (which they were) and the others. But it's clear that you never got a good idea of how much of a prick Frey/Henley could be. I'm not really taking the "minors" sides, but there's more than "so and so left, we said bye if you don't like it".

- The meh... the "present" commentary interviews were kind of canned... it's almost as if Frey and Henley said "do us like this or we won't do it", kind of customary for the history?

- The series comes off with Frey and Henley still(?) being sort of self-congratulatory. I can understand why these guys would be huge egos, but it just seemed like this was carefully crafted not to paint either in a bad light. I've met them both and they were nice at the time (obviously did not spend much time w/them), but I've heard some nasty stories about each and their treatment of the other members. This was really never covered, and I wish it was.

I honestly think I was more an "early" Eagles fan with their county rock style. My favorite Eagles song remains "Peaceful Easy Feeling" followed by "Desperado" then "Take It Easy" (probably the smartest, most $#@!ing singable song in history, thanks Jackson Browne for starting it and Frey for filling in one of the best damn lines in pop/rock). But I was never a rabid Eagles fan, especially after Walsh. But this thing gave me a good appreciation of it.

Worth the time, despite its kind of canned presentation.
    this is a pretty good take. I am not an Eagles fan at all, but i do really enjoy musical documentaries and I do find band dynamics fascinating stuff. It is all very self congratulatory and Frey & Henley do come off as pricks, but most people already knew that.

Walsh's speech is slurrred to this day.

Agree about the Walsh segments. I haven't really kept up with their current songs, and I don't know much about Walsh outside of the top 40 hits that he had. I really enjoyed the segments that showed Walsh featured on stage; I guess he was singing his songs in those. His unique voice coupled with the chords in those songs was really pretty stuff.

To me, Frey seemed like a pretty bitter old man.

asshat phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn GORN phdhorn's Avatar
    When I met them, Henley struck me as a nice, pleasant guy who thinks he created the earth. Oh well, I guess that's understandable but at least he was pleasant.

Frey was more outgoing but commanded the conversation and was pretty opinionated, but pleasant.

5-10 minutes doesn't make a personality profile, but can give you a glimpse into things.

Walsh came across in this as a good time guy who could be temperamental but has a basic naive humility. The clips about drugs and the hurt and pain (no doubt he felt he caused others) was very genuine and real. Best moment of the series I think.

It seems that all of the "minor members" except Schmit had a bit of an axe to grind, so you know not everything was kosher. Felder sort of got to me too in his last clip when he broke up over being booted out of the band in 2001. I have no idea if what Frey/Henley was saying about him was true or not, but the suit was settled out of court, so I imagine Felder had some legitimate gripe.

From this series I deduced/learned (again?) that this was Frey's/Henley's show and it seems that they just did what they want, and if the others didn't suck their $#@!s, they could $#@! off. And this seems to include changing $#@! on the fly and "you guys will do this and that and like it." Would not be easy to live with dictators (to which they both admitted being more or less on the special).

One other thing I'd have liked to see a LOT more of was the rift between Frey and Henley. There was one, and it was sizeable, if not too long. All they mentioned in the series was "yeah we even got tired of each other" but that was it. Nothing else. Again, it's like they refused to be seen as megaegos, only tough-driving guys who did what needed to be done. My guess is that they made damn sure (now that the band is back) none of that got out.

Personally I really miss Felder in the band. Motha could play. Without him it's just not as high powered a rock outfit (even with the use of Steuart Smith currently).

Also, hell neither I nor my wife (a big Eagles fan) didn't even know they had a #1 album out 2 years ago! What the $#@!?

Anyway, I did learn some good stuff. Eagles #1 selling American band of all time, so I guess it's worth a special.
    Last edited by phdhorn; 02-18-2013 at 11:43 AM.

I still haven't seen the 1st half. Showtime claims it's all available On Demand, but I'm not seeing it. I don't want to watch it on my computer, either. For some reason I didn't get it added to my DVR yesterday.

Henley either got a lot worse as a songwriter or he needs to be reined in (and isn't). His later work is abominable. "Get Over It" is quite possibly one of the stupidest songs I have ever heard.

I've never really wanted to know the behind the scenes drama that goes on in bands. I always thought it would taint my appreciation of the music. On the other hand, I love hearing about it when I do. That makes no sense, I know.

A friend of mine was reading a book about the Eagles in their prime. IIRC, Henley used to require the venue to provide a mattress/bed backstage in case he wanted to 'lie down.' I'm sure there were equally absurd stories about Frey ...

If I had that much money/power, I would probably be at least as big of an $#@! as they were/are.

That was interesting to see Felder tear up. You'd like to think that, at this point, it would have been more about the music than the money for the group. The difference in what each was making must have been pretty substantial for Felder to make as much of a stink about it as he did.

On Walsh, I remember reading on another Shaggy thread about how entertaining he is off stage. There was something about him hosting a morning-drive(?) show on some station --- I think in CA.

I don't know if it's the humbling experience of drugs/recovery or his normal personality, but he came off as a very genuine and likable person.

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    That was interesting to see Felder tear up. You'd like to think that, at this point, it would have been more about the music than the money for the group. The difference in what each was making must have been pretty substantial for Felder to make as much of a stink about it as he did.
    For some reason this did startle me - I didn't expect it. And it sort of indexed to me he's probably a decent guy who just wanted to grow like the other guys. When Henley explained the "victim of love" subbing of his voice for Felder's, it seemed like a $#@!ty way to do it. I mean, Felder's not going to be confused with Caruso but holy $#@!, ONE song he can sing? Just one? Hell, they let Ringo sing and look how it gave him confidence later on...

The Frey/Henley explanations for Felder all fell short. "Not up to the band's standards" if he sang ONE song? $#@!ing really? Hey Don, maybe your drumming at times wasn't "up to the band's standards".

I think the problem was that Felder DID have some sort of breach case in the contract and he was "winning" so Frey and Henley kicked his ass out because they never like to lose a battle. Legally they could, so they did.

Of course, Felder probably knew the game going into the lawsuit and knew that could happen. If not, then he was dumb. But possibly he knew it could happen but wouldn't based on their long friendship. Oops. But even in all that he was complimentary of both of them. I dunno, seems decent to me. (I found the Long Beach audio hilarious as well, Frey and Felder onstage between songs saying how they couldn't wait to kick each other's ass).

I want to do know more about the Felder split as well. When I saw their first reunion tour Felder blew me away with this guitar skills. I left the concert that night just praising him with my buds I went to the show with. I went in expecting Walsh to be the how shot guitar slinger and to my surprise it turned out to be Felder.

Also, hell neither I nor my wife (a big Eagles fan) didn't even know they had a #1 album out 2 years ago! What the $#@!?
    The mighty Eagles made an arrangement with Walmart to be the exclusive retailer of that album which might have been the reason for that. I know I found that to be a turn off.

BTW I had no idea it went to number one either.
    Last edited by mrfloyd; 02-18-2013 at 03:00 PM.

asshat TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR GORN TOR's Avatar
    Just trying to be the best teammate I can be
    Don Henley is one of the handful of people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. $#@!. That. Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfloyd View Post
    I want to do know more about the Felder split as well. When I saw their first reunion tour Felder blew me away with this guitar skills. I left the concert that night just praising him with my buds I went to the show with. I went in expecting Walsh to be the how shot guitar slinger and to my surprise it turned out to be Felder.
    He wrote a book about it. Heaven and Hell: My Life In The Eagles. Excellent read. Starts slow with his childhood in Gainesville, FL, but really picks up after he leaves. Comes across as a very decent guy. And he was definitely the guitar god of the band. He even signed on for the his first tour with them saying he could play pedal steel, but had no idea how and taught himself before the tour started.

I'm still waiting for this to hit a torrent site...surprised it's not there yet.
    Last edited by Nole-4-Ever; 02-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nole-4-Ever View Post
    He wrote a book about it. Heaven and Hell: My Life In The Eagles. Excellent read. Starts slow with his childhood in Gainesville, FL, but really picks up after he leaves. Comes across as a very decent guy.

I'm still waiting for this to hit a torrent site...surprised it's not there yet.
    Yeah, Frey and Henley put a lot of roadblocks in the way to publishing that, and in the end he had to go through another publisher but got it out.

BTW, fun fact: Don Felder taught Tom Petty a good bit of how to play rock guitar. Also was Stephen Stills' buddy and they both were in their first band together about age 15.

Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    Don Henley is one of the handful of people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. $#@!. That. Guy.
    fyi, oddly enough henley gets really pissed if you get bored while in high school, find his house in highland park, and shoe polish it GO EAGLES WIN STATE on the back of it.

Not a big Eagles fan after their early years, but I love these kinds of docs. But $#@! Showtime.

You graffiti'ed the back of his house?

asshat Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado Shaggy Gold Club Llano Estacado's Avatar
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    I caught the 2nd part last night when I couldn't sleep. I really don't no $#@! about the Eagles, I was finishing elementary school when they were doing Hell Freezes Over.

Felder seemed much more "normal" to me than I expected. I thought he would come across as bitter.

Frey and Henley seemed to get their $#@! together and understand the politics a little bit better as time went on. The scenes they kept showing from the HFO press conference (i guess it was at the start of the european tour?) you could sense there was still a lot of tension at that table.

I don't know if both were faking happiness and contentment, but Henley came across as much more genuine to me. I got the impression that Frey is an arogant ass when the cameras are off. I understand they are the majority of the "brains" and "voice" of the band and should get a larger share of the $$$. For whatever reason Henley seemed more honest and humble about that than Frey to me. The look into Frey's time in the 80's just seemed like he was claiming to be the top talent in the band. Look at me I wrote cheesy 80's pop and was on Miami Vice damnit!

asshat msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    What everyone in this thread has completely missed is how sexy Linda Ronstadt was in the 70s. Every guy my age had a major crush on her plus she had a wonderful voice. Saw her and the Eagles in the Superdome in 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by msbesq View Post
    What everyone in this thread has completely missed is how sexy Linda Ronstadt was in the 70s. Every guy my age had a major crush on her plus she had a wonderful voice. Saw her and the Eagles in the Superdome in 1978.
    Billions of civilizations were lost into various cloths while looking at her album photos. No question.

I haz a sad for how she's looking now, yeah I know she's old but man she's rough on the eyes.

For your reference:

kind of has a phoebe cates/selena gomez thing going

Last edited by retread; 02-20-2013 at 11:21 AM.

asshat msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Billions of civilizations were lost into various cloths while looking at her album photos. No question.

I haz a sad for how she's looking now, yeah I know she's old but man she's rough on the eyes.
    Yeah, like Sally Struthers now. Man I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    You graffiti'ed the back of his house?
    shoe polished his tahoe. thought we'd get points for creativity but apparently we did not.

No kidding about Ronstadt. Dear Lord. And what a $#@!ing great voice. I've been talking to my band about adding "Long Long Time" to our show-- I still think it's her best song. I know she had help from Peter Asher and Waddy Wachtel (among others), but she definitely is one of the best at taking someone else's song and making it all her own.

faux aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    I discovered Costello because of Ronstadt. Those first Costello records were recorded so poorly, I couldn't listen to them. Then I heard her do Party Girl and Alison, so I went back and revisited Costello. I because introduced to Warren Zevon's music because of her covering his songs (Poor Pitiful Me, Hasten Down The Wind, Mohammed's Radio)

There is a wonderful documentary called Wonderland about that whole group of artists. From about 1977. Jackson Browne, Warren, Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt. It is just fantastic.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang's Avatar
    Laurel Canyon was pretty amazing in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHorn View Post
    No kidding about Ronstadt. Dear Lord. And what a $#@!ing great voice. I've been talking to my band about adding "Long Long Time" to our show-- I still think it's her best song. I know she had help from Peter Asher and Waddy Wachtel (among others), but she definitely is one of the best at taking someone else's song and making it all her own.
    What she did with Karla Bonhoff's "Someone to Lay Down Beside Me" in 1976 makes my pants tight. Jeezuz what an emotional vocal performance. It's like someone being set up, raped, then left for dead vocally. And it's a "chick song" to boot. No worries, don't care. I $#@!ing love that song.

(audio and video on this one not the best but it's live and delicious)

asshat mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong's Avatar
    I have always loved Linda, saw her a couple of years ago at the OC County fair. She large now but the voice remains and it was awesome. And the song above is awesome and one of my favs

The father of one of my best friends went to high school with Linda Ronstadt. He wasn't a prude, or even particularly reserved, but he always played certain things pretty close to the vest. One time I asked him about her, how hot was she, etc., and he gave me this look that pretty much said "I can't say anything but Mother Of God she was hot". (His wife was in the room.)

asshat Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor is a rep whore. Wally Pryor's Avatar
    I'll always be in love with the young Linda. Absolutely gorgeous in this video with J Cash:

Linda Rondstadt was a serious piece of ass in the 70s. Man was she fine.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    kind of has a phoebe cates/selena gomez thing going

i need to watch this doc. heard good things.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Any chance of getting this on s-tube ?

asshat mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong Shaggy Gold Club mileslong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tx 3 putt View Post
    Any chance of getting this on s-tube ?
    the wonderland video is on youtube, the eagles doc is available via torrent

* although you should buy it

asshat Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Rex Kramer's Avatar
    Where the soft southern winds meet the live oak trees
    My takeaways:

1) Henley is a pretty good guy.
    2) Frey is an arrogant prick who holds bitter grudges.
    3) Henley/Frey were unquestionably the co-leaders and most important members of the band. Anyone who knows the Eagles knows that. Frey is absolutely correct they deserve a larger cut. His sports team analogy about every player not being able to handle the ball is apt. But his delivery of that message is abysmally prickish. It is no wonder he alienated some like Felder.
    4) interesting movie. Really enjoyed it. However biggest flaw by far was lack of exploration into Frey/Henley feud.
    5) Ronstadt gave me a chub. Googling pics of her and viewing current ones was like taking a cold shower.
    6) henley's post Eagles music was solid. Frey's was terrible. He was a poor man's Kenny Loggins.

asshat Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand grows his own roses Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand's Avatar
    sad panda doesn't have showtime.

is frey prickish over $ ?

faux aggy hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew Shaggy Gold Club hullabelew's Avatar
    What she did with Karla Bonhoff's "Someone to Lay Down Beside Me" in 1976 makes my pants tight. Jeezuz what an emotional vocal performance. It's like someone being set up, raped, then left for dead vocally. And it's a "chick song" to boot. No worries, don't care. I $#@!ing love that song.
    That Karla Bonoff record is outstanding. She is touring again right now and I just missed her when she came through Atlanta. Completely pissed I missed her.

Karla Bonoff with Nina Gerber on guitar. I and see where Karla added a date tomorrow night in Atlanta. I missed the earlier one...need to try to get out for this.

Home: (Probably my favorite song of hers)

Ronstadt doing Tracks of My Tears from the Wonderland documentary. Holy $#@!.
    http://youtu.be/O9VB__xqUfw?t=3m31s

+ Reply to Thread