+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obama gives 9 billion to Africa

Obama gives 9 billion to Africa

Obama on his recent trip to Africa promises $9 billion to the country for updating it's power grid and to start a food stamp program...Meanwhile, the bases here in the U.S. cancelled 4th of July celebrations due to sequester ( lack of money)....Sound right to you?

first of all which country?

second i had a mental image of the dad from the jerk getting the money out of the letter from navin and saying "that's a good boy."

sounds like it goes into the cloak room to me.

asshat formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore.
    Sounds like the wrong forum.

asshat Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore Shaggy Gold Club Foosters Galore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erniefromclass View Post

second i had a mental image of the dad from the jerk getting the money out of the letter from navin and saying "that's a good boy."
    I was born a poor African child?

asshat TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser Shaggy Gold Club TheCruiser's Avatar
    He almost kinda, sorta took a stand against governmental tyranny there for a moment. Thankfully, he pulled back the reigns and just offered cash. We certainly wouldn't want to make demands of nations that still embrace genital mutilation, refuse abortions, and look the other way on rape and spousal abuse.

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    That $#@!!!!! What the $#@! is wrong with him tossing around MY money to a bunch of no good corrupt banana republics in a continent that the civilized world ABANDONED in 1973? Meanwhile back at home in the good ole USA Obama is coming in like the $#@!ing grinch whoe stole the 4th of July and robbing all US military bases of their celebrations? What the $#@! is up with that? I guess Obongo can pay of his DEMOCRAT African cronies but can't rustle up a few loose pennies so that our uniformed HEROES can have black cats, Roman Candles, or screaming mimis? So now there's no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers to be found on any military bases. No, sir, they've been loaded up in Osama's grinch stealing bag alongside all the whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick and whistlin' kitty chases! Like a thief in the $#@!ing night. Steal, steal, steal, steal, redistribute, spread that wealth around to illegal aliens and make them full king citizens so the democrap tax base will have another generation of illiterate, inbred, government cheese, welfare check, WIC, Lonstar Card-fradulating voters to vote themselves into office so they can steal the rest of the fireworks from the military bases while African warlords sit in their hammocks and lob American-made grenades at pygmies dressed up like the Lollipop Guild.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    Obamaphones for everybody!

Lord Nivek Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek's Avatar
    You haven't heard of the country of Africa?

asshat Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned Shaggy Gold Club Staboned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    Obongo

asshat Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Llano Estacado's Avatar
    On a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun
    Africa. He already said that.

You have Canada to the North. Mexico to the South. Venezuela and South America below that, they are like Mexico, but more Mexicoer.

Europe is another word for England. The UK after WW2 includes Germany, Italy, France and Grease.

Then you got your The Iraqs, The Irans, Egypt, and Africa they are surrounding Israel. Benghazi is over there somewhere.

Then you have Russia, Japan, China, Korea, and India. I get confused on who controls Nam anymore, but it is 1 of those 5 maybe us 'mericans.

Oh, and Australia. I think that is everyone.

Geography really isn't that hard. Look at a map sometime.

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Quote Originally Posted by Llano Estacado View Post
    Africa. He already said that.

You have Canada to the North. Mexico to the South. Venezuela and South America below that, they are like Mexico, but more Mexicoer.

Europe is another word for England. The UK after WW2 includes Germany, Italy, France and Grease.

Then you got your The Iraqs, The Irans, Egypt, and Africa they are surrounding Israel. Benghazi is over there somewhere.

Then you have Russia, Japan, China, Korea, and India. I get confused on who controls Nam anymore, but it is 1 of those 5 maybe us 'mericans.

Oh, and Australia. I think that is everyone.

Geography really isn't that hard. Look at a map sometime.
    uhh, you forgot the north pole, don't be leaving Santy Claus without a home.

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL's Avatar
    They Tried to Make Me Go to Aggy Misery Rehab . . .
    Honestly, I think I'd rather have some African regime waste $9B than let this government use it for its own purposes.

Beer Me TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas grows his own roses TouchdownTexas's Avatar
    9 billion here...9 billion there...9 billion for everyone

asshat Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis Shaggy Gold Club Fuck Greg Davis's Avatar
    very niggardly of him. $#@! obama

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by $#@! Greg Davis View Post
    very niggardly of him. $#@! obama
    clever

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    it's $7B... and...
    General Electric will be perhaps the biggest beneficiary of that $7 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds that Obama says will underwrite Power Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    it's $7B... and...
    man shoulda bought some GE.......

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Can't wait (yes I can) to see "Obama gave 9bn to Africa" all over my FB in the next week. Goes along with "Obama went to Africa & all I got was an invoice for $ 100bn".

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBoard View Post
    man shoulda bought some GE.......

Free 30 Rock reruns for everyone!

asshat Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan grows his own roses Itismedan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Your Face View Post
    That $#@!!!!! What the $#@! is wrong with him tossing around MY money to a bunch of no good corrupt banana republics in a continent that the civilized world ABANDONED in 1973? Meanwhile back at home in the good ole USA Obama is coming in like the $#@!ing grinch whoe stole the 4th of July and robbing all US military bases of their celebrations? What the $#@! is up with that? I guess Obongo can pay of his DEMOCRAT African cronies but can't rustle up a few loose pennies so that our uniformed HEROES can have black cats, Roman Candles, or screaming mimis? So now there's no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers to be found on any military bases. No, sir, they've been loaded up in Osama's grinch stealing bag alongside all the whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick and whistlin' kitty chases! Like a thief in the $#@!ing night. Steal, steal, steal, steal, redistribute, spread that wealth around to illegal aliens and make them full king citizens so the democrap tax base will have another generation of illiterate, inbred, government cheese, welfare check, WIC, Lonstar Card-fradulating voters to vote themselves into office so they can steal the rest of the fireworks from the military bases while African warlords sit in their hammocks and lob American-made grenades at pygmies dressed up like the Lollipop Guild.
    Hopefully they at least get some snakes and sparklers.

So, that GE CEO still the head of the "President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    So, that GE CEO still the head of the "President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness?"
    and doin' a damn fine job of killing of his competitors and their competitiveness it appears

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    it's $7B... and...
    for $#@! they will build in China.

Why? During this time all giving to other nations needs to chill. How about a simple, sorry but we are strapped right now, next time. I dont care who the admin is but this $#@! is out of control.

Reppin' errrybody in here CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Zamunda

asshat ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye Shaggy Gold Club ORD_Buckeye's Avatar
    Bush tripled aid to Africa in his last term. The reality is that this has a whole lot more to do with diplomatic and strategic considerations on the CONTINENT vis-a-vis the Chinese who have been dumping money into Africa as fast as they can.....unless you're willing to see the Chinese gain control of vital natural resource sources, not to mention an ability to threaten important shipping and naval lanes that we depend on.

The whole deal of letting General Electric wet their beak stinks to high heaven but is no more an example of corruption or cronyism than the previous administration making sure that Bechtel and Halliburton walked away with the baksheesh with no one in a position to complain.

And if we're seriously going to talk about lowering foreign aid for budgetary considerations, then anyone who doesn't start that conversation with a discussion of Israel can GTFO.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ORD_Buckeye View Post
    Bush tripled aid to Africa in his last term. The reality is that this has a whole lot more to do with diplomatic and strategic considerations on the CONTINENT vis-a-vis the Chinese who have been dumping money into Africa as fast as they can.....unless you're willing to see the Chinese gain control of vital natural resource sources, not to mention an ability to threaten important shipping and naval lanes that we depend on.

The whole deal of letting General Electric wet their beak stinks to high heaven but is no more an example of corruption or cronyism than the previous administration making sure that Bechtel and Halliburton walked away with the baksheesh with no one in a position to complain.

And if we're seriously going to talk about lowering foreign aid for budgetary considerations, then anyone who doesn't start that conversation with a discussion of Israel can GTFO.
    all of this... we aren't 'giving' $#@! to africa. this is an entry fee to get into the ground and get something out. china is already getting in, because china doesn't give many fuchs when it comes to how they get it.

asshat YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. YChang's Avatar
    Plus a lot of your future terrorist threats are percolating in Africa... gotta continue to do more to make the people there love America. Not everything is black and white op.
    Last edited by YChang; 07-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL's Avatar
    all of this... we aren't 'giving' $#@! to africa. this is an entry fee to get into the ground and get something out. china is already getting in, because china doesn't give many fuchs when it comes to how they get it.
    And without even worrying about all that, the $9B (or $7B or whatever it is) would still be money well spent if contributed for purely altruistic purposes.

Africa is a continent of tremendous natural resources. Its people should be wealthy beyond measure. And yet in many countries, they don't have enough to eat, while food literally rots on loading docks in Tanzania and Ghana. They have enterprises ready to do business, but lack the banking infrastructure to finance them. Mobile phones are a staple across the continent, but the electricity grids are too derelict to support serious manufacturing. These are things that can be remedied with money put to infrastructure improvements. Built roads to move goods to market; build electrical grids to furnish reliable electricity; build banking and financial systems to allow for the efficient transfers of capital and credit. All of that can be done quickly and reasonably cheaply, and it can do more to raise people out of poverty than all the crooked Chinese oil deals in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of LL View Post
    And without even worrying about all that, the $9B (or $7B or whatever it is) would still be money well spent if contributed for purely altruistic purposes.

Africa is a continent of tremendous natural resources. Its people should be wealthy beyond measure. And yet in many countries, they don't have enough to eat, while food literally rots on loading docks in Tanzania and Ghana. They have enterprises ready to do business, but lack the banking infrastructure to finance them. Mobile phones are a staple across the continent, but the electricity grids are too derelict to support serious manufacturing. These are things that can be remedied with money put to infrastructure improvements. Built roads to move goods to market; build electrical grids to furnish reliable electricity; build banking and financial systems to allow for the efficient transfers of capital and credit. All of that can be done quickly and reasonably cheaply, and it can do more to raise people out of poverty than all the crooked Chinese oil deals in the world.
    unfortunately, altruism is not why it'll get done, or something would have been done (or started or considered...) it's about revenue... which is fine if that's what it takes.

unfortunately, altruism is not why it'll get done, or something would have been done (or started or considered...) it's about revenue... which is fine if that's what it takes.
    Don't get me wrong--I understand that perfectly well.

I'm just noting that the humanitarian and developmental benefits alone are worth it.

But I do acknowledge that nobody in Washington gives a $#@! about such benefits.

asshat bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore. bularry is a rep whore.
    agree with LL. the best way to help under developed countries is through infrastructure improvements. roads, electric grids, electric plants (cheap ones that burn coal or nat gas if available), rail, etc.

asshat Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament Shaggy Gold Club Parliament's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bularry View Post
    agree with LL. the best way to help under developed countries is through infrastructure improvements. roads, electric grids, electric plants (cheap ones that burn coal or nat gas if available), rail, etc.
    The best way to help under developed countries is to find $#@! they have and offer to buy it from them at market prices. Give them $#@! and they won't maintain it and we'll have to re-give them new $#@! when the $#@! we gave them the 1st time goes to $#@! for lack of maintenance.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    bring back colonialism

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    I think we should make Mexico a colony with a wall.

asshat OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? OCSpur's Avatar
    To be fair to POTUS, it was a really compelling email, and it seemed like the potential for huge returns was guaranteed.

asshat JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT Shaggy Gold Club JMT's Avatar

This cluster$#@! of a thread should be in the regard room, but you got it right. This has to do with China, nothing more and nothing less. You also got it right with the previous administration.

As for Israel, well, yes I agree with that too. A good chunk of my family was Jewish (Changed their last name to another Jewish last name for reasons I still don't know the answer to when they immigrated to the US.) and I enjoy that being part of my family tree (I've contemplated living there one day, but yeah I can't take anyone seriously that gets pissed about foreign aid who doesn't begin a conversation with Israel.

asshat juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz Shaggy Gold Club juz's Avatar
    Chinese gain control of vital natural resource sources, not to mention an ability to threaten important shipping and naval lanes that we depend on.

Wake me when china develops a blue water navy until then, they are of no threat to our shipping lanes.

With that said, even if what you stated is true, I do not want my taxes going to a foreign nation and I am baffled how that is even legal.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseWeasel View Post
    Zamunda
    Those ass cheeks aren't going to spread themselves.

asshat longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10 is a rep whore. longhorn10's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juz View Post
    Wake me when china develops a blue water navy until then, they are of no threat to our shipping lanes.
    Why should they bother to keep shipping lanes open when we do it for them?

Africa doesn't have an infrastructure problem. Africa has a government problem that manifests itself in a number of ways, horrid infrastructure being one.

asshat Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet GORN Gatorubet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmackd10 View Post
    Obama on his recent trip to Africa promises $9 billion to the country for updating it's power grid and to start a food stamp program...Meanwhile, the bases here in the U.S. cancelled 4th of July celebrations due to sequester ( lack of money)....Sound right to you?
    I saw a hobo who has the sequester too. Thanks, Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by MaduroUTMB View Post
    Africa doesn't have an infrastructure problem. Africa has a government problem that manifests itself in a number of ways, horrid infrastructure being one.
    No. Africa does have an infrastructure problem. It also has a government problem. The latter may be a partial cause of the former, but that doesn't mean that we need to cure the latter to remedy the former.

Building infrastructure will facilitate economic growth, which will in turn raise millions of people out of poverty. It will make people dependent on trade, rather than on government largesse. That, more than anything we can do from over here, is going to create pressure on African governments for transparency, predictability, and the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    The best way to help under developed countries is to find $#@! they have and offer to buy it from them at market prices. Give them $#@! and they won't maintain it and we'll have to re-give them new $#@! when the $#@! we gave them the 1st time goes to $#@! for lack of maintenance.
    It's impossible to buy goods--whether at market prices or otherwise--that can't get to market.

asshat Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck's Avatar

This is the right answer.

Reppin' errrybody in here CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel Shaggy Gold Club CheeseWeasel's Avatar
    Are we lumping all of "Africa" into the same bucket?
    The issues in South Africa / Mozambique / Namibia / Botswana are very different from the issues in Somalia / Chad / Ethiopia / Sudan.

+ Reply to Thread