+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Residential A/C Misters -- Anyone use them?

asshat suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. suttree's Avatar

Residential A/C Misters -- Anyone use them?

Here is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.amazon.com/CoolnSave-CNS1...ds=cool+n+save

The reviews are terrible, hence my decision to not buy one. That being said, I was wondering if someone had used either the linked product or another product. The technology makes sense to me, and I know some commercial properties use a similar product.

Thanks.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Ed Begley likes it, so that should tell you something.

(what, I don't really know)

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    I asked a HS friend who has his own A/C co. in South Carolina; will report back if he replies.

never used one like that but I have a misting system on my back patio that works well but it's only good with low pressure. definitely cools the area down some when it's 100+ outside.

asshat Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Cuts AC Energy costs by up to 30%
    but in the Texas heat that's what? 2%?

Interested what an expert has to say.

asshat texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket grows his own roses texasjacket's Avatar
    The hard water effect on your cooling fins would be a concern to me. The build of Lime/Calcium over time would clog the fins making the motor run harder to compensate for lack of flow.

fucktard John Blutarsky is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? John Blutarsky is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? John Blutarsky is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? John Blutarsky is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjacket View Post
    The hard water effect on your cooling fins would be a concern to me. The build of Lime/Calcium over time would clog the fins making the motor run harder to compensate for lack of flow.
    The lime/calcium build up is exactly what happens. Rather than making the motor work harder, the build up covers the condenser coil and restricts heat transfer from the refrigerant. Less heat transfer means higher refrigerant pressures with possible compressor damage.

Cares not for beans Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles's Avatar
    One guy said it killed his whole motor, and yeah I'm not sure I'd trust the water to be clean enough to constantly drench my condenser fins. Also sure my HOA would love to drive by seeing some serious mist flowing up into the ethers...but it says only a gallon per hour. Would the water on the fins potentially slow heat transfer to the air if it gets stuck in the fins?

Better idea seems to be to use water condensed from the indoor coil, seems a few guys talk about it here: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....condenser-unit

+ Reply to Thread