+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Learn the Address

asshat Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk's Avatar

Learn the Address

I $#@!ing love Ken Burns.
    To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address, documentarian Ken Burns, along with numerous partners, has launched a national effort to encourage everyone in America to video record themselves reading or reciting the speech.The collection of recordings housed on this site will continue to grow as more and more people are inspired by the power of history and take the challenge to LEARN THE ADDRESS.
    http://www.learntheaddress.org/

And Stephen Colbert.

asshat happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. happy fun ball's Avatar
    Great project. Not nuts about Colbert's playing it for laughs. Or maybe it was just his audience who pissed me off. Louis CK was disappointing as well. He may be my current favorite American (other than VY obviously), but it seemed half assed, unprepared and belittled. I'm not offended, not starting any boycotts, I just thought they kind of sucked. And I wanted them to be awesome.

I watched most of them, and none of them really seemed right. I'd like to see Patrick Stewart or Ben Kingsley play it straight, emote the $#@! out of it. I think it might be the best two minutes of the english language ever devised, and I'm kind of sensitive about it.

asshat Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk Shaggy Gold Club Bolverk's Avatar
    Agreed on almost all counts. Louis CK's was awful. Colbert's version, though, deserves some praise for his ability to actually convey the meaning of the words in a way that an average American can understand. I felt like some of the readers had little comprehension of what they were saying. Yes, Colbert can be over the top, but that's his job. He's the court jester.

Regardless, I too can't wait for some top notch actors to do their versions. It's really cool project.

asshat longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek is a rep whore. longhornderek's Avatar
    I think the best is "The Address Mashup" with clips of everyone (Although, you'd think Steven Spielberg would be able to get a better sound system). What a powerful speech...and a reminder that great speeches don't have to be 20 minutes long.

Bump...too important

Yea...welll in honor of the 85th anniversary of Steamboat Willie I think all Americans should learn to whistle the song

Such a great speech.

+ Reply to Thread