+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Teams Up With CBS for Thursday Night Football Package

asshat Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey's Avatar

NFL Teams Up With CBS for Thursday Night Football Package

So it looks like CBS will be producing all Thursday night games this season. It will air the first 8 of them (while also simulcasting on NFL Network). The last 8 will be only on NFL Network but it will be a CBS production, aside from pre/halftime/post game. So Simms/Nantz will do all 16 games. Also will be bringing back the Saturday games in December when college regular season ends. Always wondered what happened to these. 2 of them on Saturday nights.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...otball-in-2014

Change is on the way to "Thursday Night Football."

It was announced Wednesday that the NFL will partner with CBS to produce and televise 16 games under the "Thursday Night Football" banner for the 2014 season.

All 16 games will be produced by CBS with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms -- the network's No. 1 announcing team -- calling Thursday night games. The first eight games on CBS will be simulcast on NFL Network. The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL's option.

"NFL Network built Thursday into a night for NFL fans," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "Our goal is to bring these games to more fans on broadcast television with unprecedented promotion and visibility for 'Thursday Night Football' on CBS."

What does this mean? Well, "Thursday Night Football" is about to get bigger. Airing eight games in prime time on television's top-rated network will be a ratings bonanza for CBS and the NFL. Expect to see some really nice matchups in those first eight weeks as the brand is established on a new platform.

Many fans also will be pleased to see the return of NFL football on Saturdays, something that slipped off the grid in recent years. The only real negative on our end is this looks like the end for the Thursday night team of Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock, who have done quality work for the past three seasons.

asshat SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard.
    Many fans also will be pleased to see the return of NFL football on Saturdays, something that slipped off the grid in recent years.

asshat Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey Probably Shaggy Upper Class Vic Mackey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SWHorn View Post
    What is wrong with these? Saturdays were dead when college regular season ended. It's just that little window before the bowl season starts up. I enjoyed those Saturday night games. Nothing else is on.

asshat Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN

Damn, there's always going to be that one weirdo pissed whenever a cancer is cured.

Getting pre-mad at your husband for watching more football?

Just what $#@!-ass Thursday Night Football needed - Jim Nantz and Phil Simms! Way to go, Roger!

asshat SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard. SWHorn slams and goes hard.
    Man, you $#@!s get your panties in a wad easily. I actually misunderstood and thought it meant throughout the season. I really couldn't care less about the NFL, and I wouldn't want it to interfere any more with college football.

Man, you $#@!s get your panties in a wad easily. I actually misunderstood and thought it meant throughout the season. I really couldn't care less about the NFL, and I wouldn't want it to interfere any more with college football.
    Says the guy who can't read.

asshat Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey GORN Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    let's hope the CBS Thursday night lineup is better than this past season. i know it's hard to predict in the spring what will be a good matchup in the last few weeks of a season, but this past season had way too many Thursday night dogs. obviously, nobody knew Atlanta, Houston, and Washington, for instance, would suck $#@! through a straw. but still. quite a few of these games were always gonna be bad on paper.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/TNF

asshat hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? hornfan_82's Avatar
    The 2 Saturday night games will be a doubleheader in Week 16. Id prefer they spread them out over 2 weeks.

So basically, the NFL got paid 200 million for letting someone else do all the work and yet still being able to broadcast all the games.

Bigger fan of Saturday afternoon games than night games.

Mayock's one of the fewer analysts worth listening to, so that part sucks.

But if CBS is airing NFL games on Thursdays, how are people going to watch the Big Bang Theory?

Booooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Bourbon View Post
    This.

asshat BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn has a gigantic e-peen. BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Yes to Saturday NFL.

They got to spruce up the matchups, especially the first 8 games on CBS. It seems like the last few years, Thursday night games have been mostly divsional matchups where teams don't have to travel far. That needs to change. I'm not going to watch Carolina-Tampa, San Diego-Oakland or Baltimore-Cleveland.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    let's hope the CBS Thursday night lineup is better than this past season. i know it's hard to predict in the spring what will be a good matchup in the last few weeks of a season, but this past season had way too many Thursday night dogs. obviously, nobody knew Atlanta, Houston, and Washington, for instance, would suck $#@! through a straw. but still. quite a few of these games were always gonna be bad on paper.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/TNF

why you got to hate on jags v texans ?

bunghole Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa is a rep whore. Herpa Derpa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HkmHrns08 View Post
    But if CBS is airing NFL games on Thursdays, how are people going to watch the Big Bang Theory?

I'm okay with NFL on CBS. The NFL network production was below average at best.

I was hoping this would happen because those guys are really strapped for cash. Hopefully they can invest this money in growing the sport and getting more exposure.

Thursday night games all $#@!ing sucked this year

asshat bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore. bigsteve041 is a rep whore.
    So is this deal separate from CBS' normal AFC rights? Or will all Thursday games involve either AFC vs AFC matchups or an AFC team on the road?

Or will CBS now be broadcasting NFC vs NFC games?

asshat Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang Shaggy Gold Club Fartie Tang's Avatar
    All that article means to me is that the NFL network fell short of making Thursday night a football night. So the NFL had to scrap the exclusivity of the NFL network for something that more people can view in hopes that CBS can make Thursday another football night. They are doing this so that a few years from now they can dump CBS and go back to just the NFL network and hope all the extra viewers CBS gave them will pay or demand their provider pays for the NFL Network so they don't miss out on Thursday night football. I enjoy having college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday and Monday. I look forward to the weekend. The Thursday night games kind of just come to quick in the week when you are busy getting $#@! done for the weekend. I doubt people will dedicate an extra day out of the week on top of the three they already spend watching football as great as it is.

Banned VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero VY_myHero
    Quote Originally Posted by Needs More Bourbon View Post
    Not sure if serious. Guy is a grade-A prick.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve041 View Post
    So is this deal separate from CBS' normal AFC rights? Or will all Thursday games involve either AFC vs AFC matchups or an AFC team on the road?

Or will CBS now be broadcasting NFC vs NFC games?

Has to be separate from the regular season rights. They are buying the rights to broadcast Thurs night....just like NBC has the rights to Sunday night and ESPN Monday night...regardless of the scheduled matchup.

As far as the $#@!ty games last year, isn't there a rule that each NFL team has to be on National TV once a year? Wasn't the consensus that the NFL put the crappy teams on Thurs night to meet that requirement since that would be the lowest viewed nationally-carried game of the week anyway due to, if nothing else, carriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Knight View Post
    Thursday night games all $#@!ing sucked this year
    Yeah when one of your games is Texans/Jags, that pretty much sums them up. But they wanted to get every single team in the league on a Thursday night game once so then you will get $#@!ty matchups like that. Wonder if the NFL keeps that around? Where everyone has to play on Thursday? I don't know if CBS wants to be airing some $#@! like Browns/Raiders since it's already being simulcasted on NFL Network.

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    For the 2 or 3 times a year I get to take in college football on a Thursday night or Saturday afternoon at a sports bar, I now get to deal with larger crowds, adult men in jerseys talking yelling about their fantasy teams, occupying TV's that could be on multiple college games, and being an overall general delight? Got it. Awesome

• + Reply to Thread