+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting interview with John Mackovic

Interesting interview with John Mackovic

JM interview

John Mackovic talks about cancer, Texas, Augie, etc. . . .

When you left Illinois for Texas, Illinois was on the upswing and it probably didn't work out for you at Texas as you had planned. In your quiet moments, do you ever regret leaving Illinois for Austin?

John Mackovic: I have always made it a a written rule to not look back. A long time ago someone said, don't worry about making the right decision, make the decision right. Although I really cherished the days at Illinois, I don't say to myself, 'I should have done this or I should have done that'. Once you decide to do something, do it. It's not as simple as calling plays but you can't be on the sidelines during a game saying, 'we should have done this or we should have done that'.....you just make the decision. Texas actually....we did a good job at Texas. I think people there would tell you the same thing. The expectations at Texas are.....sometimes the expectations are unrealistic, they were at a point at my tenure there. I think Mack Brown is finding the same thing, the expectations are so high even from what they were when I was there. If you don't live up to those expectations, they figure someone else is out there that will. Illinois wasn't that way.

When I was at Texas, we hired Augie Garrido from Illinois to be our baseball coach. He came to one of our football luncheons like we had with the quarterback club in Champaign. When it was over, Augie said, 'These folks just don't laugh like they did at Illinois' about all the remarks I would make or things I had an opinion on. He said they were way too serious down there. At Illinois, they just enjoyed the fun of asking questions, just enjoying it for what it was, far more serious in Texas. Remember that old line Lou Holtz used to use to get a laugh? 'We aren't very big but we sure are slow' most people would laugh. You say that to the Texas crowd, they would say, 'what do you mean we are slow?' 'What do you mean we aren't very fast?' They would get real nervous about it.

asshat Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves's Avatar
    Well, if coked out children soldiers in the Congo can do it....
    I like Mackovic. He was the coach my freshman year in '95. The coach of the Ricky williams, james brown '96 big XII champ team. I love him for that. That said, our Mack is better. I was one of the guys that was hurt by DeLoss canning Mackovic at the end of '97, eventhough, he should have been. Our Mack did it all. Came on, recruited like hell and we havent looked back. I still like Mackovick, he's a nice guy, but Mack came to win. I'm a Mack guy now.

Banned Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Tequila Mockingbird is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I thought he was great in Mullholland Falls and In the Line of Fire.

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    You say that to the Texas crowd, they would say, 'what do you mean we are slow?' 'What do you mean we aren't very fast?' They would get real nervous about it.
    ummmm because we knew deep down that we were slow and it really wasn't a joke.

i thought we hired Augie from Cal State Fullerton??????

wtf? tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60 is a rep whore. tejas60's Avatar
    When I was at Texas, we hired Augie Garrido from Illinois to be our baseball coach. He came to one of our football luncheons like we had with the quarterback club in Champaign. When it was over, Augie said, 'These folks just don't laugh like they did at Illinois' about all the remarks I would make or things I had an opinion on. He said they were way too serious down there. At Illinois, they just enjoyed the fun of asking questions, just enjoying it for what it was, far more serious in Texas. Remember that old line Lou Holtz used to use to get a laugh? 'We aren't very big but we sure are slow' most people would laugh. You say that to the Texas crowd, they would say, 'what do you mean we are slow?' 'What do you mean we aren't very fast?' They would get real nervous about it.
    WTF??? when did Augie coach at Ill?

Mackovic is a $#@!head.

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST HORN
    i thought we hired Augie from Cal State Fullerton??????
    augie was at illinois before fullerton - at the same time as jm.

asshat cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Reeves
    I like Mackovic. He was the coach my freshman year in '95. The coach of the Ricky williams, james brown '96 big XII champ team. I love him for that. That said, our Mack is better. I was one of the guys that was hurt by DeLoss canning Mackovic at the end of '97, eventhough, he should have been. Our Mack did it all. Came on, recruited like hell and we havent looked back. I still like Mackovick, he's a nice guy, but Mack came to win. I'm a Mack guy now.
    I was at UT during the Mackovic era and I hated him with the heat of a thousand suns. Good Gawd, his pre game speeches about wine and cheese will go down as the most epic of all Longhorn coaching FAIL's ever. The dude was a douche who had a couple of good calls.

JM recruited some of the best players UT has ever had

Ricky, Casey Hampton, Sean Rogers, Bryant Westbrook, Major, Dan Neil, and more.

Augie went from CSF to Illinois to CSF to Texas.

asshat TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher's Avatar
    I was at UT from fall of 94 til spring of 99.

$#@! John Mackovic.

$#@! him twice.

Not surprised at all by the players revolt at his next job.

$#@!ty coach. There is no arguing with it.

asshat cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? cajunhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Acres&aHorn
    JM recruited some of the best players UT has ever had

Ricky, Casey Hampton, Sean Rogers, Bryant Westbrook, Major, Dan Neil, and more.
    Dude, it was well known that Texas high school coaches hated Mackovic. He was arrogant with them and recruits' parents and we lost a lot more than we got b/c of him. The ones we did get were in spite of him not b/c of him. We had a very good recruiting staff here during his tenure, but there was never a bunch of love for old Johnny Boy. I can still remember the plane flying around Rice Stadium trailing the banner that said, "Dump Deloss and Flush the John" and it was very appropriate.

asshat Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves Shaggy Gold Club Doc Reeves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Reeves
    I was at UT during the Mackovic era and I hated him with the heat of a thousand suns. Good Gawd, his pre game speeches about wine and cheese will go down as the most epic of all Longhorn coaching FAIL's ever. The dude was a douche who had a couple of good calls.
    Yes. I respect that. That was hard to take. But, the wins were epic. I remember jumping in the 6pack fountain after the 1st big XII champ game, when people were yelling all throughout Austin- it sounded like the ocean. One of the best times of my life. That in '96 and the win over Aggie in '95 were epic. I'm thankful for that, but Mack has out done him by 10x. I'm glad we made the change we did, when we did.

asshat YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang grows his own roses YChang's Avatar
    Mackovic ultimately failed at Texas, but he did plenty of good things also. I'm always amused at how easily some of our fans ignore that.

asshat William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon's Avatar
    the first place we could see, servin' cold beer in the shade
    meh, he's kind of an ass...

Quote Originally Posted by William Cannon
    meh, he's kind of an ass...
    yeah.....yeah he was, but so it the average UT student.

asshat WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex's Avatar
    the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed
    When you left Illinois for Texas, Illinois was on the upswing
    1989: Illinois goes 10-2
    1990: Illinois goes 8-4 and "wins" the Big Ten as part of a four-way co-championship
    1991: Illlinois goes 6-6 (Mackovic coached the team to a 6-5 record before leaving)

Illinois was not on the upswing. Mack got out before he could lead a 1-10 abortion and have another player revolt like he had at AU (later). Lou Tepper was lucky to hold that thing nose-neutral for a few years before they crashed into the terminal a few years later (2-9 in 1996, 0-11 the following year).

Seriously, if we hadn't hired him, Illinois would have fired him around 1994 after the program cratered. It was on that trajectory.

asshat WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? WhoooTex's Avatar
    the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire
    Also let's not kid ourselves about the guy:

Quote Originally Posted by same stupid interview
    Where does Illinois fit looking back in your coaching career?
    John Mackovic: Illinois was probably the best job I had
    "I liked coaching a minor-league program better than I did a program where those darn alumni had silly national championship aspirations!"

bunghole HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL slams and goes hard. HookemL's Avatar
    Mackovic was a good stepping stone to what we have now. He earned us the First Big XII championship. And for that I am thankful. That said, he was an arrogant coach who did not mesh well with the Texas Alumni nor the fans. He even got a nice little going away present $. The 66-3 beatdown by UCLA still lingers. And that's when UCLA was a mediocre team. Good luck to John. [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by WhoooTex
    Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed
    When you left Illinois for Texas, Illinois was on the upswing
    1989: Illinois goes 10-2
    1990: Illinois goes 8-4 and "wins" the Big Ten as part of a four-way co-championship
    1991: Illlinois goes 6-6 (Mackovic coached the team to a 6-5 record before leaving)

Illinois was not on the upswing. Mack got out before he could lead a 1-10 abortion and have another player revolt like he had at UA (later). Lou Tepper was lucky to hold that thing nose-neutral for a few years before they crashed into the terminal a few years later (2-9 in 1996, 0-11 the following year).

Seriously, if we hadn't hired him, Illinois would have fired him around 1994 after the program cratered. It was on that trajectory.
    fify

Mackovic treated Arizona like it was social security. It was pretty much retirement for him but he still showed up just enough to earn his paycheck. $#@! that $#@!.

\m/ MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny Shaggy Gold Club MeSoHorny's Avatar
    Love hate for JM. I simply love Mack.

Hook'Em

asshat C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HookemL
    Mackovic was a good stepping stone to what we have now. He earned us the First Big XII championship. And for that I am thankful. That said, he was an arrogant coach who did not mesh well with the Texas Alumni nor the fans. He even got a nice little going away present $. The 66-3 beatdown by UCLA still lingers. And that's when UCLA was a mediocre team. Good luck to John.
    [/quote]

That UCLA team was pretty salty that year. They were 0-2 when we played them but they won 10 in a row after that, I think.

Mack was an arrogant ass. He did two things, though, that I will remember forever:

1. He won the last Southwest Conference championship
    2. He won the first Big 12 championship

At the end, though, I too hated him with the heat of a thousand suns.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by HookemL
    Mackovic was a good stepping stone to what we have now. He earned us the First Big XII championship. And for that I am thankful. That said, he was an arrogant coach who did not mesh well with the Texas Alumni nor the fans. He even got a nice little going away present $. The 66-3 beatdown by UCLA still lingers. And that's when UCLA was a mediocre team. Good luck to John.
    That UCLA team was pretty salty that year. They were 0-2 when we played them but they won 10 in a row after that, I think.

Mack was an arrogant ass. He did two things, though, that I will remember forever:

1. He won the last Southwest Conference championship
    2. He won the first Big 12 championship

At the end, though, I too hated him with the heat of a thousand suns.
    Yeah, that UCLA squad was pretty salty. In regard to the rest of C-man's post, it is obviously more complicated but that's just about how I feel about the whole John Mackovic era as well

asshat Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Xminus6's Avatar
    Yeah. That UCLA ended up in the Rose Bowl that year I believe. No excuse for what happened but UCLA wasn't awful at that time.

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    Also was at UT from fall of 94 til spring of 99
    Also have love/hate for Mac

The expectations at Texas are.....sometimes the expectations are unrealistic, they were at a point at my tenure there. I think Mack Brown is finding the same thing, the expectations are so high even from what they were when I was there. If you don't live up to those expectations, they figure someone else is out there that will. Illinois wasn't that way.
    dear john, someone else did

If you don't live up to those expectations, they figure someone else is out there that will. Illinois wasn't that way.
    All this tells me is that he was happy with second place. The minute you become satisfied with not winning as a coach, is the minute you should be fired. All we did was say that we wanted someone that wanted to win too.

I understand that we can't win a MNC every year, but if that is not even a stretch goal or you are happy without getting there, you have out lived your usefulness.

asshat Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox Shaggy Gold Club Mikeinthebox's Avatar
    Mackovic: prefers his football teams losing big to UCLA, and his grapes, sour.

Two SWC titles and a Big 12 Title had me on baord with this guy, until I read that. Unrealistic expectations? Look what Mack has done since you left. The expectations were real, we were just asking the wrong guy to protect them.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree that the comparisons to Illinois aren't valid Johnny.

The difference is that we like to win & not JUST conference titles. We are out to win it all, not just big games here 'n there if some crumbs fall off the table.

I've said it before & I'll say it again: That pic of JM in the Statesman when he went turkey hunting with Mike Leggett (outdoors writer)... where JM had the turkey over his shoulder, well I knew when I saw it that this guy was trying too hard to fit in & it just wans't his thing, was all a try vs. a do.

More often than not, schools will replace a coach with someone who is markedly different. David MacWilliams was an insider, the definition of a good old boy, a defense-first kind of guy. When he didn't work out, the powers that be decided to go in the opposite direction, and nobody was more opposite than John Mackovic. He was an outsider, erudite, an offensive genius. Ultimately, all that matters to Texas fans is what happens on the field, and we would have lived with his personality and coaching idiosyncracies had he just performed more consistenly, but he didn't, so those became key factors in his dismissal.

The biggest mistake he made was getting crossways with Texas high school football coaches. That was a silly thing to do. People can criticize Mack Brown all they want for his "Texas first" mentality, but it's a helluva lot smarter than going the other direction. Even when he did land the random blue chip, he had a bad habit of pillaging his own defense to stock his offense. We were horribly out of balance during his run.

All in all, I liked Coach Mackovic, but I'm not a Texan by birth, and I'm very familiar with his personality type. I could handle that. My feelings toward him changed when we failed to convert 1st and goal in a critical game, and ultimately lost it "because we didn't have the QB sneak in our playbook that week". He showed his true colors with that one -- arrogant, inflexible, and ultimately, just not a top tier coach. But man, that guy understood offense as well as anyone.

I thank him for winning the last SWC crown and the first Big XII championship.

However, I do not thank him for telling the Austin Longhorn Club "I have no idea how to fix it", after Route 66.
    The ensuing silence in that room of 300 Orangeblood boosters was as quiet as a Helen Keller concert.

JM did improve the program greatly from where it had fallen in the late 80s/early 90s. He wasnt the guy to take us to the highest level but he certainly left the program better than he found it. he was a necessary stepping stone. he is no comparison to Mack. for all the soft talk about Mack Brown, you can see how he has embraced the pressure and expectations that is Texas. JM never could. Not many coaches in America could.

asshat Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five Shaggy Gold Club Red Five's Avatar
    Is the poster "JohnnyM" here on Shaggy?

asshat Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn94
    JM did improve the program greatly from where it had fallen in the late 80s/early 90s. He wasnt the guy to take us to the highest level but he certainly left the program better than he found it. he was a necessary stepping stone. he is no comparison to Mack. for all the soft talk about Mack Brown, you can see how he has embraced the pressure and expectations that is Texas. JM never could. Not many coaches in America could.
    this. our facilities and stadium are b/c of JM.

asshat bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn94
    truth

+ Reply to Thread