+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No BCS status for Cotton Bowl.

asshat Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin's Avatar

No BCS status for Cotton Bowl.

...at least not anytime soon. Pretty disappointing.

Fort Woth Star-Telegram
    Adjust the timetable for the AT&T Cotton Bowl’s potential upgrade to BCS status to 2015, based on Tuesday’s developments.

ESPN and BCS officials announced a four-year agreement Tuesday that will make the cable network the exclusive carrier of 15 BCS bowl games from January 2011 through January 2014, including three national championship games from 2011 through 2013.

ESPN will replace Fox as the BCS’ network when Fox’s agreement concludes after the 2010 bowl games. Tuesday’s announcement means the next potential opportunity for the Arlington-bound Cotton Bowl to become a BCS bowl will not occur until new television agreements are negotiated for 2015 and beyond.

Cotton Bowl officials will move their annual New Year’s Day game to the new Dallas Cowboys’ stadium in Arlington, effective with the 2010 contest. One reason behind the move from Dallas to Arlington was the hope that the larger, more modern stadium would help the Cotton Bowl become part of the lucrative group of BCS bowls.

Rick Baker, Cotton Bowl president, said he was not surprised by Tuesday’s announcement and understood — based on recent talks with conference commissioners who oversee the BCS — that he would have to wait a little longer before the possibility of BCS inclusion.

"This is not going to be the cycle that we’re moved," Baker said Tuesday. "We realize the commissioners only presented to the networks the exact system that’s currently in place [for BCS contract renewals]. We’re hopeful something will happen in the next four-year cycle. We’re all aware that, if there’s any significant changes in the BCS, it will happen at that time."

Contract negotiations for the next round of BCS-related television rights will not occur until 2012, which Baker considers a plus for his game. By that time, the new Cowboys stadium — scheduled to open for the 2009 football season — will have been the site for three Cotton Bowls, a Super Bowl, an NBA All-Star Game and, possibly, a Final Four.

The NCAA is scheduled to announce site selections today for 2012-16 Final Four events, with the Cowboys’ stadium on the list of potential venues. Baker said having so many high-profile events in Arlington between now and 2012 should "only help our cause" with BCS officials.

"It’s harder to pull the trigger on a change to a new facility until the facility is open," Baker said.

In terms of the BCS’ immediate plans, Tuesday’s deal means three BCS bowls — the Fiesta, Orange and Sugar — will be on ESPN each season, from January 2011 through January 2014. ESPN also will air the BCS national championship games in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

ABC, the broadcast partner of ESPN, holds the TV rights to the Rose Bowl through 2014, as well as the rights to the 2014 BCS national title game in a separate agreement. Both broadcast companies are owned by Walt Disney Co.

Jimmy Burch, 817-390-7760
    http://www.star-telegram.com/college...y/1046831.html

asshat BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    jerryworld will be the next host a BCS bowl game

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    Really glad they moved a game with as much tradition as it had to a new venue just to gamble that it would be a BCS bowl. If we have the misfortune to make it there before it is a BCS bowl, get ready to bend over to get ass raped on ticket prices. I think someone already said next year's game with be $175.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost
    gamble
    = January weather in Dallas.

What would happen to the BCS tie-ins? Big 12 changes their tie-in from the fiesta bowl to the Cotton bowl?

asshat Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Saint Austin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGFsucks
    What would happen to the BCS tie-ins? Big 12 changes their tie-in from the fiesta bowl to the Cotton bowl?
    I would think so, at least partially. I know the Fiesta Bowl would prefer to have the Big 12 tie-in, but Cotton would make too much sense. Perhaps they could arrange the deal where if the champion comes from the Big 12 South (or maybe just the old SWC) then the team would go to Cotton, and if the champ was from the North or old Big 8 then they could go to the Fiesta. Maybe that way both sides could be appeased.

asshat PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard. PanzerDSS slams and goes hard.
    The Big XII tie-in being in Arizona is stupid. At least the Big Televen's weather sucks, so they have an excuse. Texas is perfect acceptable in January (yes, even Dallas).

Make the Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

^^

Next rotation.

Although the move from Fox to ESPN doesn't help.

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL's Avatar
    They Tried to Make Me Go to Aggy Misery Rehab . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost
    Really glad they moved a game with as much tradition as it had to a new venue just to gamble that it would be a BCS bowl. If we have the misfortune to make it there before it is a BCS bowl, get ready to bend over to get ass raped on ticket prices. I think someone already said next year's game with be $175.
    If I recall the email from the Longhorn Foundation correctly, $175 is the price of this year's BCS National Championship Game. So the Cotton Bowl wants to charge as much as the NCG?

Good luck with that.

Most of the tickets are $100 - only the club seats are $250, and they've already got a massive waiting list for those.

asshat Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00's Avatar
    isn't the whole lower bowl "club" seats?

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    This from The Governor's thread back in September:

FedEx made a delivery to the house today. Inside--my 2010 Cotton Bowl ticket renewal. Fancy all-color full-page tri-fold they put together in there. Apparently you, the fan, will be paying for it. Ticket prices for the first Cotton Bowl in Jerryworld:

Goalline to goalline, first 3 levels (everything but nosebleed): FACE VALUE $250.

asshat bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    hopefully the BCS will be blowed up by then

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Ghost of LL's Avatar
    They Tried to Make Me Go to Aggy Misery Rehab . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzle
    Most of the tickets are $100 - only the club seats are $250, and they've already got a massive waiting list for those.
    I find it hard to believe there is any such waiting list. Jerry can't sell out those seats for the Cowboys.

asshat tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak's Avatar
    can someone give me a short history lesson on the Cotton Bowl/Fiesta Bowl/BCS? it seems like, to this 24-year-old, that the major bowls going back in history were Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton. did the Cotton just get left out in favor of the Fiesta when the BCS was formed because of the chance of $#@!ty weather?

Quote Originally Posted by tokamak
    can someone give me a short history lesson on the Cotton Bowl/Fiesta Bowl/BCS? it seems like, to this 24-year-old, that the major bowls going back in history were Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton. did the Cotton just get left out in favor of the Fiesta when the BCS was formed because of the chance of $#@!ty weather?
    Pretty much, yeah. coupled with aging stadium and a higher payout by Fiesta, relagated the Cotton Bowl to Tier II status in the Bowl Alliance (precursor to the BCS before the Rose Bowl joined)

asshat ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del is a rep whore. ctrl+alt+del's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanzerDSS
    The Big XII tie-in being in Arizona is stupid. At least the Big Televen's weather sucks, so they have an excuse. Texas is perfect acceptable in January (yes, even Dallas).

Make the Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl! DO IT! DO IT NOW!
    Have you been to a sleety, 35-degree day in Dallas on New Year's? Not fun. That is not acceptable for a BCS Bowl, granted it's not like that every year, but it certainly does happen often. Makes for a miserable gameday experience, even if you win.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokamak
    that's my belief, and i'm sticking to it.

cotton bowl 91 has scarred me for life... horns practiced in a hotel lobby a time or two, iirc, because the weather sucked. the MIAMI hurricanes practice in the snow.

that's how the game went, too... we stayed in the hotel and the canes took the field.

I find it hard to believe there is any such waiting list. Jerry can't sell out those seats for the Cowboys.
    One game versus 8 (10 with preseason?) and no seat licenses. Big difference.

And yes, there is no doubt the Cotton Bowl would have been a BCS bowl had it had a stadium to offer that could keep out the weather when necessary.

asshat Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Ankf00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzle
    One game versus 8 (10 with preseason?) and no seat licenses. Big difference.

And yes, there is no doubt the Cotton Bowl would have been a BCS bowl had it had a stadium to offer that could keep out the weather when necessary.
    the reliant PSLs applied to the B12 CCG that was last year, I don't see why that wouldn't apply to the jerry world PSLs.

you were harping on how jerryworld was shoe-in BCS 6 months ago, and now that it did not come to pass you're guaranteeing how it's the next one still and how "most" of the ticks are $100 even though they're really not since the ENTIRE lower bowl is "club seating?"

riiiiiight. poooooooor aggy.

you were harping on how jerryworld was shoe-in BCS 6 months ago, and now that it did not come to pass you're guaranteeing how it's the next one still and how "most" of the ticks are $100 even though they're really not since the ENTIRE lower bowl is "club seating?"
    The psl's don't apply.

And the "entire" lower bowl isn't club seating - look at the ticket package.

What on earth does my aggydom have to do with the Cotton bowl? It will be a BCS bowl in the next rotation, barring something very odd happening.

+ Reply to Thread