+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Sox "New" Uniforms

bunghole Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Jack Handey's Avatar

Red Sox "New" Uniforms

Yes, it's the offseason and yes, I'm bored. But since there are a couple of Sox fans here, what do you think of these? It seems many aren't digging the changes, but I like 'em. The alternate hat and new/'86 away jerseys are creamy.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...11_08_jerseys/
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ox_unveil.html

asshat random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn Shaggy Gold Club random horn's Avatar
    i think i'm ok with it

asshat C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man's Avatar
    I like the "new" road jersey but the two alternates suck. They look like batting-practice gear.

thanks obama jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt's Avatar
    how is the alternate home jersey any different from the current red one? i need to see them side by side.

i'd also like to see the "tweaked" hanging sox logos side by side to see exactly what the difference is.

i'm cool w/ the changes, but i kind of agree w/ c-man about the batting practice gear.

really nice to see jim rice involved w/ the press conference. love that guy.

asshat C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man grows his own roses C-Man's Avatar
    I just hope they don't start wearing their alternate jerseys as much as somebody like the Rangers do. I'm pretty sure they let that night's starting pitcher pick the uniforms -- at least, I think the Rangers used to -- and it seems like they're wearing that BP-looking blue jersey nearly half the time. It's not really an alternate if you wear it every night.

asshat wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. wide-e-wide's Avatar
    Somewhere between Waco and Philadelphia, Mississippi
    I'm cool with everything except the "hanging sox" on the cap. That's no bueno.

Now if we can just get rid of the $#@!ing black shading on the Celtics jersey. The green and white is classic $#@!. Don't $#@! with the Celtics jersey.

asshat ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club ERhine Shaggy Gold Club
    Those new hats suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ERhine
    Those new hats suck.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by IPoopOnWhoop
    this.
    Yeah, the hanging Sox look good on a flop hat that you can buy at the souvenier stand but don't belong on the field. Old-English 'B' is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by jt
    really nice to see jim rice involved w/ the press conference. love that guy.
    I bet you're geeked that Rice got into the Hall of Fame today in his last try.

thanks obama jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Man
    I bet you're geeked that Rice got into the Hall of Fame today in his last try.
    man, i just heard about it on my way back to the office. they were talking about rickey henderson and then tirico brought up jim rice. i was all set to be super sad and gammons to talk about how he should be in...then he said that rice was in!!!!! i swear to god i kind of teared up. jim rice was my first favorite baseball player when i was a little kid. he and dewey evens reminded me of my dad and a guy my dad played softball w/ - big moustaches and all. i thought those two hung the moon. after all these years, i can't tell you how excited i am that he'll be going in.

as for those hats...i don't think they suck out loud, but i do think they'd be way cooler as a fan hat than a player hat. much more appropriate on me, than on beckett.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    caps are teh suck. but when you spend as much as the Sox do on salaries, i guess they gotta come up with alternative revenue streams. so selling a bunch of new gear will help.

i'm guessing they get to keep a decent chunk of the money from sales of licensed merchandise.

Seleccion Suprema No. 1 Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jt
    man, i just heard about it on my way back to the office. they were talking about rickey henderson and then tirico brought up jim rice. i was all set to be super sad and gammons to talk about how he should be in...then he said that rice was in!!!!! i swear to god i kind of teared up. jim rice was my first favorite baseball player when i was a little kid. he and dewey evens reminded me of my dad and a guy my dad played softball w/ - big moustaches and all. i thought those two hung the moon. after all these years, i can't tell you how excited i am that he'll be going in.
    I'm as big a Sox hater as there is on this board but I respected the hell out of Rice and Evans as players. I'm damn glad Rice got in today. He was a special player that lifetime stats don't tell the whole story on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey
    caps are teh suck. but when you spend as much as the Sox do on salaries, i guess they gotta come up with alternative revenue streams. so selling a bunch of new gear will help.

i'm guessing they get to keep a decent chunk of the money from sales of licensed merchandise.
    Bill Simmons was joking about this on his podcast, about how the Red Sox might end up with 162 alternate jerseys. Or 161, I guess.

asshat Red Riverer is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Red Riverer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ERhine
    Those new hats suck.

Banned RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard. RoostaMan slams and goes hard.
    Wide is that goddamned avatar big enough???

bunghole BORNaHORN is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BORNaHORN is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? BORNaHORN is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    The other hats were so much $#@!ing better. I have like three of them. Everytime my head gets bigger i buy a new one. I will be pissed if they quit selling em.

you really think they are going to stop selling the classic blue cap w/ red B? really?

+ Reply to Thread